There are many good reasons to why you should be looking for the best orthopedic shoes, most of the times you can just feel that wearing “regular shoes” is very uncomfortable for you while walking, working, running or just standing. Our list for 2017 therapeutic shoes consists of the very best of these different types of shoes for any activity.
Comparison Table – Best Orthopedic Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Podaitrist Design Shoes||Vionic||96|
|2||Propet® - Orthopedic Dress Shoes||Propet||94|
|3||New Balance® - Orthopedic Walking Shoes||New Balance||94|
|4||Dr. Comfort® - Therapeutic Orthopedic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro||Dr. Comfort||95|
|5||Timberland® - Orthopedic Work Boot||Timberland||95|
|6||Mephisto® - Comfortable Orthotic Walking Shoes||Mephisto||95|
|7||Orthofeet® - Comfort Orthopedic Work Shoes||Orthofeet||95|
|8||Asics® - Orthopedic Walking Shoe||Asics||97|
|9||P.W® - Everyday Orthopedic Shoes||P.W||96|
The Importance of Orthopedic Walking Shoes
Gone are the days when you had to pay no attention whatsoever to the kind of walking shoes you wore and not thinking of the orthopedic structure of the shoe:
What this often led to was not only discomfort but every so often, damage to your foot.
Nowadays, of course, there are some excellent options available to people looking to buy orthopedic walking shoes.
Discomfort in Narrow Walking Shoes
In my opinion: people who feel discomfort wearing shoes. Many times it is because the shoes are too narrow, so one should first see whether a wide width walking shoes can solve the problem.
Shoes for Overweight People
We covered here the best walking shoes for overweight men and best shoes for overweight women; Now we will cover orthopedic walking shoes available for those who have some orthopedic structural problem or discomfort while walking.
Shoes for Heel Pain or Ball of Foot Pain
In case you have plantar fasciitis, or in case that you have a high arch foot, you must use a high arch support walking shoe to eliminate pain, that occurs at the bottom of the heel.
In case you suffer from pain in your ball of foot, you should check our article on the best shoes for Metatarsalgia.
Reviews of the Best Orthopedic Walking Shoes
Given below are details of some of the best orthopedic walking shoes on the market:
These orthopedic shoe brands not only will help resolve your issues but they are also aesthetically designed and of course supremely comfortable.
Podaitrist Design Shoes
These are truly outstanding orthopedic shoes for men and women; This is the first brand to design their shoes in a fashion that they adapt to a person’s feet and not come in the standard flat shape that most other brands do.
- The moment that one puts on a pair of Orthaheel one feels instant familiarity, so perfectly fitting and sung are these.
- Another great part about Vionic’s shoes is that they are wonderfully styled despite being medical grade shoes.
- The Built-in Orthaheel motion-controlling footbed technology is indeed quite a boon for those wanting to own a pair of well fitting.
- These incredible shoes are reasonably priced.
- These shoes are comfortable and brilliantly styles orthopedic shoes.
Orthopedic Dress Shoes
These are great orthopedic dress shoes and come in various sizes, and different width sizes.
- These are quite pretty shoes to look at and in attractive black or brown leather colors.
- It has added depth for comfort, and it has removable insoles that can be used to customize the fit.
- This Orthotic, as well as Diabetic friendly shoe, provide high value to price.
- These shoes are quite a favorite with many walkers who need orthopedic support, as evidenced by the number of glowing reviews in their favor.
Orthopedic Walking Shoes
These great looking New Balance orthopedic shoes are available in four shades: Black, Brown, White, and Grey.
- This shoe is offered with free shipping and free return shipping.
- The New Balance MW928v2 is designed to provide day long comfort, and it is a designated A5500 diabetic shoe.
- The outsole is made of rubber and the upper with leather.
- Available in an extremely wide range of sizes and width, these have garnered extensive rave reviews from users who find these comfortable and fashionable among the New Balance walking shoes for men.
Therapeutic Orthopedic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
These Therapeutic Diabetic shoes by Dr. Comfort are stretchable shoes with excellent quality.
- They are very protective of the diabetic foot, due to their excellent orthopedic design and their soft buttery leather.
- As a part of them, you’ll receive the well known Dr. Comfort Gel Insoles who will provide extra support on top of comfort.
- This therapeutic, orthotic shoe comes in two colors: black or chestnut.
- This shoe is in our list of shoes of the best diabetic shoes for men.
Orthopedic Work Boot
Super comfortable, lightweight, protective toe and among the best orthopedic work boots.
- Made from leather with TiTAN alloy safety design protecting the toes.
- Excellent arch support.
- The Moisture-channeling mesh lining with integral anti-microbial keeps your feet dry and odor-free.
- Oil and slip-resistant PRO Rubber outsole.
- The Polyurethane midsoles reduce stress on the most susceptible parts of the foot.
- The lacing system includes a lace-up vamp with speed-lace hardware at the top.
Comfortable Orthotic Walking Shoes
These are without a shadow of a doubt extremely nice looking men’s orthopedic walking shoes.
- These come with an anatomical footbed, a shock absorbing midsole, and heel that provides ample protection from the strain that comes from walking on rough and hard surfaces.
- Available in sizes 8 to 13 these provide full value for money.
- Most buyers are extremely satisfied with these shoes and are particularly impressed by the fact that these are both practical and stylish.
- We recently reviewed here the best Mephisto’s walking shoes
Comfort Orthopedic Work Shoes
This is a formal shoe made of leather while the sole is of rubber that consists of Orthotic support which is contoured orthotic insole.
- The Avery Island model has gel padding near the heels; it helps to alleviate the pain of the feet and also enhances the comfort of the entire feet.
- The cushioned sole is light weighted and helps to take soft steps.
- It is one of the Best Work Shoes for Flat Feet, and in case you have normal to high arch you can remove the insoles and get proper orthopedic insoles.
- The soft, padded and seam-free lining design eliminated the pressure or strain on any points as well as helps to reduce the friction with the skin.
Orthopedic Walking Shoe
This Model was top rated in the a recent consumer report as the most comfortable walking shoes for both men and women.
- Asics Neo-4 is one of the best walking shoes for bad knees.
- It provides utmost comfort to your knees, and it will not give any strain to your knees.
- Their shock-resistant technology will help you to walk or stand to wear these shoes.
- The outsoles of these sneakers have increased GEL cushioning that absorbs any walking shocks.
- The insole is removable which means you can replace it with a customizable one according to your needs.
Everyday Orthopedic Shoes
The P.W. Minor Brand released the Leisure model as casual everyday orthopedic shoes for men and women, here are some of the features that make it a wise choice:
- Full grain soft leather uppers make it a versatile, comfortable orthopedic shoe to wear.
- Suede breathable foam lining with moisture wicking abilities for a dry, fresh and odor free feet.
- The Polyurethane lightweight sole makes it, longer than normal, lasting shoes.
- Dual density cushion footbed for pleasant walking and shock absorbing.
- Roomy design and non-restrictive combined with generous interior padding can accommodate the largest feet
As you can see orthopedic shoes can also be stylish and fashionable, and not just comfortable. An orthopedic shoe serves to provide the best comfort and support technology particularly to accommodate and provide symptom relief from many medical conditions that may affect the feet as well as foot deformities and conditions.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table – Best Orthopedic Shoes
- The Importance of Orthopedic Walking Shoes
- Reviews of the Best Orthopedic Walking Shoes
- Podaitrist Design Shoes
- Orthopedic Dress Shoes
- Orthopedic Walking Shoes
- Therapeutic Orthopedic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
- Orthopedic Work Boot
- Comfortable Orthotic Walking Shoes
- Comfort Orthopedic Work Shoes
- Orthopedic Walking Shoe
- Everyday Orthopedic Shoes
- To Conclude