Whether it is because of the condition of Bromodosis or any other reason, smelly feet can be embarrassing and very unhealthy.
The right footwear can make a huge difference in dealing with smelly feet.
What Causes Smelly Feet
One of the main causes of odor in your feet is SWEAT.
Your feet produce plenty of sweat for many reasons, and some individuals may even have a condition called Bromodosis, which causes increased sweat and odors.
Teenagers and pregnant women are the two groups who tend to have more sweaty feet in general because of the hormones that their bodies produce.
People who are under pressure or stress a lot will also tend to sweat more.
In turn, the build-up of sweat in your shoes and socks causes bacteria to grow and flourish in this hot and moist environment.
The Bacteria together with the sweat will then cause your feet to develop a terrible odor
Shoes and Treatment for Smelly Feet
Wearing the right shoes along with good foot hygiene practice can make a huge difference in Smelly feet conditions and reduce excess sweat;
- Keep Your Feet Clean – Use a milds soap and scrub brush to wash off dead skin cells on your feet daily. Remove all hard and dead skin from your feet with a foot file and keep your toenails clipped and properly groomed. A good foot soak will also help to improve the condition of your feet and prevent sweat and odors.
- Change Your Shoes – Having two pairs of shoes to alternate between throughout your day will allow each couple to breathe and prevent the build-up of moisture and odors.
- Socks – You can also change your sock more regularly, especially when it’s hot, and you sweat more. Wearing moisture-wicking and breathable socks will also help to manage moisture and odors.
- Shoe Types – Open design shoes and sandals are ideal for hot weather and allow your feet to breathe to prevent sweat build-up. Shoes that are too tight and do not fit well can also retain moisture and cause odors. Other than that, breathable materials such as mesh and textiles are ideal in shoes to improve ventilation.
- Antiperspirant and Foot Sprays – You can apply to rub alcohol to your feet with a cotton ball to kill germs every night. Anti-Perspirant, Roll-on, or foot spray also helps to prevent odors and to keep your feet dry. A good foot powder will likewise absorb moisture and odors.
- Insoles – Another excellent option is a moisture-wicking or anti-fungal treated insole, which can help to wick away moisture and kills bacteria in our feet and shoes.
Features of a Good Shoe for Smelly Feet
- Antimicrobial Footbed or Lining Look for an Antibacterial, or anti-fungal; lining or footbed. These can include; moisture-wicking Agion technology Agion, Microban, and Microban’s Aegis technology.
- Upper Materials – Lightweight and breathable uppers such as mesh, textiles, r perforated leather breathes well and keeps your feet dry.
- Other Features – Cushioning for comfort and excellent support such as stability and arch support for comfortable feet. Also, look for a fit that is not too tight and a roomy toe box to prevent feet from becoming too overheated.
- Open Design Shoes and Sandals – A open design or sandal shoe type is ideal in hot summers to prevent sweat nd odors.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Smelly Feet
Looking for the best available shoes that prevent foot odor, well then look no further than our list;
Shoes for Smelly Feet
- These shoes offer an upper design that is exceptionally light and breathable made from mesh and textile materials.
- What is more, is that there is a comfortable Air Cooled Goga-Mat Insole and The Ultra GO cushioning for comfort, helps to keep your feet cool and dry.
- The rubber outsole is durable and ensures excellent traction.
- You can find this model in a few color variants.
- Then for Smelly feet there is an Ahgion treated insole that prevents odors and bacteria from developing.
Smelly Feet Sports Sandal
- The sandal features sports style upper with adjustable straps that consist of leather with textile linings.
- There is RECEPTOR technology for stability and impact resistance.
- The dual-density footbed offers to cushion and support with can AGION odor-reducing lining.
- The durable rubber outsole has a Lug tread for indoor and outdoor use.
Comfort Shoe for Smelly Feet
- The leather uppers help to absorb moisture and are very comfortable and durable.
- The footbed has a lightweight EVA midsole for shock absorbency, comfortable PU layers for cushioning and an
- The shoe is designed to accommodate orthotic devices if needed and offers a roomy toe fit.
- There is also a durable rubber outsole for slip resistance.
Sandal for Smelly Feet
- Both sandals are comfortable sports and outdoor sandals for everyday use.
- Their uppers consist of breathable and light synthetic materials made from water-friendly polyester.
- There are adjustable hook and loop straps so that you can get the ideal fit.
- The footbed is cushioned and contoured for comfort with a Zinc-based, anti-microbial treated lining for reducing smells and bacteria.
- Lastly, the rubber outsole has a lug tread for all types of surfaces and trails.
Smelly Feet High Top Work Shoe
- The upper consists of leather in high top design with a lace-up closure.
- The durable rubber outsole is oil and slip-resistant, making this the ideal work shoe for slippery surfaces and greasy work environments.
- There is a Balance Active Memory foam insole that provides cushioning and stability.
- The upper and sole are both water and stain-resistant.
- Inside is an Agion treated breathable lining to reduce odor and keep your feet dry.
Running Shoe for Smelly Feet
- The uppers are designed to fit snugly and comprise of very light and breathable mesh and textile materials.
- There is a comfortable cushioned Cloudfoam memory sockliner with a moisture-wicking textile lining to manage odors.
- The rubber outsole is designed for walking or running on most surface types and roads.
- You can get the Cloudfoam model in a few color selections for your personal preference.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Smelly Feet
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Skechers® - Shoes for Smelly Feet||Go Walk Evolution||Performance Go Walk||Skechers||98.7|
|2||ECCO® - Smelly Feet Sports Sandal||Yucatan||Yucatan||ECCO||97.8|
|3||Dansko® - Comfort Shoe for Smelly Feet||Wesley||Honor||Dansko||97.4|
|4||Teva® - Sandal for Smelly Feet||Minnam||Verra||Teva||96.7|
|5||Emeril Lagasse® - Smelly Feet High Top Work Shoe||Read||Read||Emeril Lagasse||95|
|6||Nike® - Running Shoe for Smelly Feet||Cloudfoam Pure||Cloudfoam Pure||Nike||97.2|