Walking is an everyday activity that you perform regularly. Walking is considered as the most natural and straightforward exercise carried out by most of the people.
Thus, one must choose proper walking shoes if fitness walking is their primary activity and do it daily, so to avoid injuries or cramps in their foot.
Ideal Walking Shoes – Chosen according to your foot type
There are different types of feet in different people, so one must choose walking shoes according to their foot type only.
- Flat feet – If you have a flat foot, you must go for sneakers walking shoes.
- Curved Feet -In case you have curved foot, you should opt for sports, which are ideal for curved foot people.
- Advice – You can take an expert’s advice too, to know what your foot type is and what kind of long-distance walking shoes you should opt to look out for in turn.
Walking Shoes or Running Shoes for Long Distance
Most of the people get confused over walking and running shoes. Walking shoes must be lightweight and more flexible as collated to running shoes; while running shoes tolerate more pressure on the daily. Thus, they are slightly more cumbersome and less flexible than walking shoes.
Most of the people feel like they have been fooled after buying ‘walking shoes’ as most of them are manufactured just for flaunting.
So, you have to keep good quality in your mind. Thus, one must opt for branded shoes, only which are not functional regarding looks but also durable and safe to use for walking daily.
Our feet are one of the essential parts of our body. They bear the entire weight of our bodies. Hence, if you are one of those who walk long distances, you have to spend some time choosing quality long-distance walking shoes.
Essentials of Long Distance Walking Shoes:
- Flexibility – Always choose a walking shoe which is easy in bending. If shoes do not behave according to your feet movements, you are surely going to harm your toes and palm.
Profile – Most of the long-distance walking shoes come with flat heels only, but one cannot judge it from the external appearance. Those walking shoes with less than or equal to 8 millimeters of heel-drop are ideal to use for walking.
Heels – If you are choosing shoes mainly for walking motive, one thing which is never going to help is heels in your shoes as they develop complications for the walkers to walk on uneven surfaces which can cause harm to your feet.
Running Shoes – Long-distance walking shoes are almost likewise manufactured as that of running shoes, but there are some other aspects which should be given preference while choosing ideal walking shoes.
Reviews: The Best Long Distance Walking Shoes1
Best Long Distance Walking Shoes
- It is made from a combination of synthetic and high-quality fabrics.
- Very lightweight and breathable construction.
- Features a Durasponge Outsole with AHAR rubber for high abrasion resistance.
- Ortholite cushioned comfort footbed.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL cushioning for impact resistance.
- The padded tongue and collar and insole, which is removable, are also interesting features as far as this shoe is concerned.
Long Distance Walking Shoe
New Balance is known for offering high-quality shoes for walking. Hence, this particular model – 813 walking shoe without any doubt is feature-rich. Here are a few points which make it an effective long-distance walking shoe.
- It comes with a leather upper and logo detail visible.
- It also features a lace-up closure, which helps in securing fitting of the shoe.
- The padded tongue and collar enhance support levels quite significantly.
- It is specially designed to help athletes to reach their goals.
- It is a product of years and decades of research and development.
- It comes with the unique cushioned cardio comfort footbed.
- It is lightweight, and the NDurance outsole made from rubber also enhances its durability.
Long Distance Walking & Running Shoes
The Hoka One Bondi is a long-distance walking and running shoes that are suitable for those who wish to use it for extended periods.
- Rubber soles that come in a color combination that certainly stand out.
- Superb quality rubber soles help to grip and ensure longevity and durability.
- Maximum cushioning provided for the highest levels of comfort.
- It offers the best of all-around support to the feet, apart from being lightweight.
- It also features unique SpeedFrame technology, which makes it suitable for running long distances.
- The traditional lace-up closure helps the shoe to remain firmly in place.
- It can be easily taken off and put on because of the unique heel pull loop.
Fashionable Comfortable Long Distance Sneakers
This great-looking shoe is considered to be one of the best long-distance walking shoes that ‘walk the talk’ literally in more ways than one. It has quite a few exciting features, and here are a few of them.
- The rubber sole, which comes with this shoe, is slip-resistant.
- It not only adds style and sophistication to the shoe but is also long helps the shoe to last long.
- The shoe upper is made from high-quality leather, and it is an entirely imported shoe.
- It also has rawhide lacing and slotted topline.
- It is an Oxford shoe which is inspired by boat shoes of similar types.
- It is extremely light and made from a breathable material, and hence, it ensures freshness of the feet even when worn for a long time and over long distances.
Long Distance Walking Sandals5
Best Long Distance Walking Sandal
Dr. Martens are well known for manufacturing the toughest and most durable footwear that provides slip resistance, among many other safety and comfort features.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers.
- Air-cushioned sole for comfort and shock absorbency.
- The slip-resistant outsole is also durable and ensures excellent grip.
- A gladiator styled sandal available in a few color options.
- Sturdy and durable construction and the finest quality materials used.
Long Distance and Durable Walking Sandals
It is made from high-quality textiles, the sandal is available either fully imported or is also made in the USA to meet specific needs and requirements.
- The rubber soles are unique takeaways as far as this shoe is concerned.
- The platform of the sandal measures approximately 0.5 inches from the ground.
- The heel measures approximately 1.25 inches.
- The midsole is made using the best of compression-molded lightweight technology and has the unique EVA technology behind it.
- It also has a stability shank, which helps the sandal remain firmly in place even when walking long distances.
- The upper outsoles are nonmarking in nature, and hence they will continue to stay new for long periods.
- It has a unique fit that is accurate for women, making it a popular model amongst women.
Long Distance Walking Boots7
Long Distance Walking Chukka Boots
For many years, there is no denying the fact that Clarks has been able to offer some of the best shoes for men and women. Hence, this Bushacre 2 Desert Boot is also worth looking at close quarters.
- This shoe is an imported shoe made from the best quality leather.
- The synthetic sole not only gives comfort to the wearer but also helps in the durability and longevity of the shoe.
- The shaft of the shoe measures around 4.5 inches from the arch.
- The heel height is approximately 1 inch.
- It weighs around 5 pounds and therefore is quite light on foot and, therefore, will not be a burden on the foot even when worn for an extended period.
Long Distance Durable Hiking Boots
As you can see, this is one of the few shoes which also features Direct attach PU midsole for added comfort, especially when worn for extended periods.
- It is an all-leather upper shoe that comes either imported or is also made in the USA to meet local standards.
- The sole is made from high-quality synthetic material.
- The length of the shaft is approximately 6 inches from the arch.
- It is a mesh hiking boot, and it comes with leather outlays feature the best of KEEN technology.
- It also features a dry waterproof membrane.
- It also comes with a removable footbed, which is made from metatomical dual density EVA material.
- The integrated heel cushion and TPU stability shank also are a few more features that make the shoes incredibly comfortable and stable.
Walking Shoe for Long Distances
The Brooks Addiction Walker 13 is a highly comfortable and supportive walking shoe with a Rollbar to help control motion.
- Synthetic and mesh uppers for improved breathability and a more flexible fit.
- Ideal for
providing excellent stability and motion control with the Rollbar.
- Maximum cushioning for comfort and support.
- A durable rubber outsole that offers s good traction.
Durable Walking Shoes for Long Distances
The Skechers Go Wal series features some of the most popular walking shoes. The Go Walk 4 is a slip-on design, comfortable and lightweight walking shoe which is perfect for long-distance walking.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers with an easy slip-on design.
- A thick shock-absorbing, high traction, and durable rubber outsole.
- The footbed is lined with Bamboo for antibacterial protection and odor control.
- A highly responsive 5th-generation-cushioning design and a feather-light sock liner.
Gel Cushioned Long Distance Walking Shoe
Here we have a lightweight and gel-cushioned Walking Shoe for Men and Women, ideal for long-distance walking.
- Breathable and lightweight synthetic and mesh uppers.
- Gel rearfoot and forefoot padding to attenuate shock.
- Comfortable and moisture-wicking lining.
- Thick and durable High Abrasion resistant outsole and reinforcements.
- Comfortably cushioned footbed.
Comfortable Long Distance Walking Sneaker
These are stylish and lightweight everyday wear walking sneakers brought to you by the famous Rockport.
- Leather uppers with Strobel construction for Forefoot Flexibility.
- There are adjustable closure straps on each shoe for a secure fit.
- Leather and fabric interior linings to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- A cushioned footbed and durable rubber outsole.
Non-Marking Long Distance Running Shoe
The Saucony Pro Grid ST 2 is one of the latest models offered by Saucony, for walking long distances in comfort with excellent durability features.
- Full-grain durable leather uppers with a comfortable fit.
- Walk Trac comfort outsole that has an abrasion resistance with toe and heel reinforcements.
- Comfortable cushioned insole.
- Features an offsett of 12mm.
Waterproof Long Distance Walking Shoe
The Dansko Paisley and Keen Austin are two separate brands and models with very similar features and styles.
- The Keen Austin has waterproof Nubuck leather uppers and full-grain leather uppers.
- There is a comfortable footbed and durable outsole in rubber on the Keen Austin.
- The Dansko paisley for the ladies also has waterproof lined leather uppers along with a triple density removable and supportive arch footbed.
- Furthermore, in the Paisley, there is a DuPont Sorona Fiber moisture-managing liner, and the shoe is designed to accommodate orthotic devices.
Long Distance Outdoor Walking Shoe
The New Balance 1300V1 is a comfortable and light walking shoe for outdoors and n wet conditions, and can surely make those long distances.
- The upper consists of lightweight waterproof lined leather.
- There are a comfortable footbed, gusseted tongue, and a PU midsole for shock absorbency.
- What is more, is that there is Rollbar Technology, which is ideal for flat feet and overpronation.
- On the Outside is a durable and tough-wearing rubber outsole with a lug pattern for traction.
- You can also choose from a few neutral color options in this range.
Long Distance Walking Shoe
The Nike revolution 5 is a top brand and the model is lightweight and fashionable walking shoes that will take you the distance.
- The upper offers a sock-like fit with Flyknit construction for lightweight breathability.
- There is a visible Air Unit in the heel for an optimal bounce back and cushioning.
- Lightweight foam in the midsole provides cushioning and shock absorbency ad deliver a more stable and smooth ride.
- These shoes are built to be very lightweight and supportive for the long haul.
Additional Aspects to Consider
- Walking Style – Choosing long-distance walking shoes according to the place you are going to use them at is critical. Buy hiker shoes if you are going to walk on trail roads or natural paths. If you are going to utilize them in the gym on the treadmill, opt for running sports shoes only.
Cushioning Walking does not put much strain on your feet as compared to running causes less impact on your feet than running does. So you don’t need to buy a pair of walking shoes with much cushioning as flat shoes are not only ideal but comfortable for walking too.
Waterroofing – If you are those guys/ladies who do not break their rules, anything goes- inclement weather or even rains. Then, waterproof, long-distance walking shoes are the most appropriate pair of shoes you should buy. Buying shoes without a waterproofing facility and using them in the rainy season can cost their durability.
Lightwieght -If you are buying shoes for fitness long-distance walking, buy a lightweight pair of shoes which will not harm your foot while walking on uneven surfaces.
Fit -Choose a pair of walking shoes that best fit your feet. Always keep that in mind that if in your newest pair of shoes, your toes are touching the front portion of the shoes, then you have bought a non-ideal pair of shoes concerning fitting. Whether you go with a famous brand or your shoes are too expensive, they are for no good if they don’t fit you well.
Index Table: Top Rated Long Distance Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Best Long Distance Walking Shoes||Asics||98.7|
|2||New Balance® - Long Distance Walking Shoe||New Balance||96|
|3||Hoka One® - Long Distance Walking & Running Shoes||Hoka One||96|
|4||ECCO® - Fashionable Comfortable Long Distance Sneakers||ECCO||96|
|5||Dr. Martens® - Best Long Distance Walking Sandal||Dr. Martens||95|
|6||Keen® - Long Distance and Durable Walking Sandals||Keen||97|
|7||Clarks® - Long Distance Walking Chukka Boots||Clarks||94|
|8||Keen® - Long Distance Durable Hiking Boots||Keen||95|
|9||Brooks® - Walking Shoe for Long Distances||Brooks||98|
|10||Skechers Go Walk® - Durable Walking Shoes for Long Distances||Skechers Go Walk||96|
|11||Asics® - Gel Cushioned Long Distance Walking Shoe||Asics||98|
|12||Rockport® - Comfortable Long Distance Walking Sneaker||Rockport||97|
|13||Saucony® - Non-Marking Long Distance Running Shoe||Saucony||96|
|14||Keen® - Waterproof Long Distance Walking Shoe||Keen||97.8|
|15||New Balance® - Long Distance Outdoor Walking Shoe||New Balance||97.8|
|16||Nike® - Long Distance Walking Shoe||Nike||97.4|
Table of Contents
- Ideal Walking Shoes – Chosen according to your foot type
- Walking Shoes or Running Shoes for Long Distance
- Essentials of Long Distance Walking Shoes:
- Reviews: The Best Long Distance Walking Shoes
- Best Long Distance Walking Shoes
- Long Distance Walking Shoe
- Long Distance Walking & Running Shoes
- Fashionable Comfortable Long Distance Sneakers
- Long Distance Walking Sandals
- Long Distance Walking Boots
- Long Distance Walking Chukka Boots
- Long Distance Durable Hiking Boots
- Walking Shoe for Long Distances
- Durable Walking Shoes for Long Distances
- Gel Cushioned Long Distance Walking Shoe
- Comfortable Long Distance Walking Sneaker
- Non-Marking Long Distance Running Shoe
- Waterproof Long Distance Walking Shoe
- Long Distance Outdoor Walking Shoe
- Long Distance Walking Shoe
- Additional Aspects to Consider
- Index Table: Top Rated Long Distance Shoes