But possibly the most problematic issue has to be that of shoes because their feet tend to be: flat and wide; therefore, their shoes need to be designed accordingly.
So in this article, we will look at some of the best shoes for Overweight Men and Women that cater to all your needs.
Table of Contents
- Being Overweight Affects Your Feet & Body
- Benefits of Wearing Proper Shoes for Overweight
- Footwear and Exercise for Overweight Person
- Features of a Good Shoes for Overweight men and Women
- Best Running Shoes for Overweight
- Walking Shoes for Overweight
- Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers
- Velcro Overweight Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe
- Orthopedic Fitness Shoe for Over Weight People
- Training Shoes for Heavy People with Long Wide Feet
- Walking Shoe for Heavy Weights
- Overweight Walking Shoe
- Walking Shoes for Overweight Men and Women
- Dress Shoes for Overweight
- Trail Shoes for Overweight
- Sandals for Overweight
- Best Work Shoes for Overweight
- Comfort Office Work Shoes for Flat Feet
- Overpronation Dress Shoe
- Industrail work Boots for Overweight Men and Women
- Classic Clog Easy Slip-On
- Accessories for Reaching Shoes and Socks for Overweight Men and Women
- Reviews: The Best Sock and Shoe Aids
- Summary Table: Shoes for Overweight Men & Women
- Summary Table: Accessories for Overweight Men & Women
Being Overweight Affects Your Feet & Body
- Weight Impact – Your feet carry the weight of your entire body when you walk, run or stand and absorb the impact when your foot strikes the ground.
- Wear & Tear – The heavier you are, the harder your feet need to work to support your body’s weight. Being overweight will stress your feet and legs and cause them to wear down with time.
- Joints Pain – Heavier people also add more strain to their knees, ankles, and hips, leading to various issues with time.
- A Vicious Circle – Simple activities such as walking and standing could become very painful and uncomfortable to people who are obese, leading to even less much-needed exercise and activity, which further adds to weight gain.
Benefits of Wearing Proper Shoes for Overweight
If you are overweight, choosing shoes that provide good support and cushioning to help reduce strain on your feet and alleviate discomfort is especially important. Here are some potential benefits of wearing the correct shoes for being overweight:
Improved comfort: Shoes with good arch support and cushioning can help reduce strain on the feet and alleviate discomfort caused by carrying extra weight.
Better support: Shoes with a wide, stable base and arch support can help distribute weight evenly across the foot and provide better support for being overweight.
Customized fit: Shoes with adjustable straps or laces can achieve a secure, customized fit that supports your extra weight.
Protection for the feet: Shoes can protect your feet from the elements and provide support and cushioning when walking or standing for long periods of time.
Increased stability: Shoes can provide additional stability for the foot and ankle, which can be helpful for people who are overweight.
It is important to choose shoes specifically designed to support extra weight to maximize the benefits and ensure a comfortable, supportive fit. It is also a good idea to see a doctor or podiatrist if you are overweight and experiencing discomfort or pain in your feet to get recommendations on the best shoes for your needs.
Footwear and Exercise for Overweight Person
First of all, make sure that your shoes fit correctly and are not too loose or tight, your feet may widen and become larger with weight gain, and your foot’s arches may also flatten or collapse, so make sure to find a shoe that is appropriate and fits well.
Footwear with adequate cushioning and the correct support for your foot type and pronation type, which helps brace your foot’s structure, will work the best.
Activities such as cycling and swimming are most recommended for overweight or suffering people from obesity and foot pain.
If you spend most of your time sitting down, you have to stand up or walk around for a few minutes and gradually increase your activity.
Features of a Good Shoes for Overweight men and Women
- Durable – The shoes that overweight people wear have to be robust and durable enough to withstand all the weight but must be comfortable and safe to wear.
- Fit – Special attention needs to be made when designing shoes for obese people, the shoes must be wider than average, and their inner volume must be much bigger than shoes for skinny persons.
- Support – Some shoe manufacturers pay attention to the foot’s stability inside the shoe; this is most important when an overweight person who tries to lose weight needs to walk a few miles a day to keep the metabolism up and burn some fat. Good shoes for the overweight should have stability to reduce overpronation and protect your joints.
- Cushioning – Good cushioned walking shoes is likewise desirable to protect your feet against impact and provide good shock absorbency.
Best Running Shoes for Overweight
Here are Reviews for the top walking shoes preferred by overweight men & women;
We hope you love the shoes for the overweight we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Heavy Duty Running & Walking Shoes
- Extra protective gel cushioning in the mid-sole area and an Impact Guidance System (IGS) help maintain a natural gait.
- This shoe has lots of room for your toes, as it has various wide-width sizes.
- Available at affordable prices, one can buy a pair to size 15.
- Most overweight users rate these shoes quite high on all parameters: comfort, design, and durability.
- The Asics Gel Cumulus is a much-recommended walking & running shoe for overweight people because of the excellent gel cushioning.
- An option of wide-width sizes provides enough room and comfort for your toes.
- This shoe is also equipped with a high abrasion outsole, which best suits people with normal to flat feet arch.
- Moisture Wicking.
- Variety of Colors & Sizes Available.
- Offers lightweight Cushion.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Overweight and Flat Feet Running Shoe
- The New Balance 1540 has symmetrical ROLLBAR technology for ultimate lateral and medial rear foot stability.
- Its lightweight upper is constructed with mesh for breathability and a synthetic complement for stability and structure.
- They will provide extra support and comfort to all your activities.
- These shoes are known for their ground-gripping blown rubber outsole for added traction.
- Dual-density collar foam adds an excellent feel, while traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
- A wider sole provides a more stable base and motion control.
- Mesh sides are comfortable for people who supper from bunions.
- This shoe is good for running and walking.
- Absorbs Moisture.
- Variety of Colors & Sizes Available.
- Offers lightweight Cushion.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Heavy Weight Running Shoes
- The uppers are manufactured from breathable mesh with supportive synthetic overlays.
- A padded tongue and collar offer a more snug and comfortable fit, and the seamless, flexible lining ensures excellent moisture management.
- A Comfortride open-cell foam sock liner provides cushioned and breathable underfoot comfort and antimicrobial properties.
- The EVERUN Topsole for continuous cushioning provides excellent protection for overweight runners or walkers.
- A streamlined midsole design optimizes the rebound and provides lightweight durability.
- Very Comfortable.
- Variety of Colors & Sizes Available.
- Offers lightweight Cushion.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Walking Shoes for Overweight4
Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers
- This is unarguably a great walking shoe for overweight men and women.
- It comes with motion control technology, which helps stabilize a bulky person’s gait, improving their walking.
- This shoe comes in different width sizes, which means that most overweight people will find the right fit.
- It has soft, durable, breathable upper linings made of leather that provide premium comfort.
- It is embedded with a thick heel wedge and ensures a stable and robust foot base.
- It includes thermoplastic urethane posting mechanics intended to control excessive rearfoot movements.
- It is built with a rubber outsole that gives a better grip and maximum traction.
- It is quite a pricey shoe, but it offers real value for money in that it is incredibly comfortable yet long-lasting.
- Features like the ABZORB patented painted mid-foot cushioning and odorless treatment make it daily wear, 9 to 5 shoes.
- Using its ABZORB cushioning technology can help overweight people cushion the weight impact on their feet.
Velcro Overweight Walking Shoes
- A tempered steel shank provides the necessary arch support for big people.
- These Shoes are one of the Best Shoes for Standing All Day
- Heel stabilizers and a built-in heel cushion pad make these are preferred fat people’s shoes.
- Two hook-and-loop Velcro straps for a relaxed and adjustable fit.
- An extensive width selection of up to 6E (Men) makes the difference for large feet.
Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe
- This shoe is manufactured from breathable and lightweight cotton.
- Its elastane with a Lightning Dry moisture-wicking lining reduces foot fatigue and keeps your feet dry and fresh.
- The ABZORB cushioning and Ortholite foam insert provide lightweight support and comfort.
- A Rollbar stability system ensures that you do not pronate excessively.
- A durable rubber outsole with Ndurance rubber compounds on all the outsole’s high-wear areas.
Orthopedic Fitness Shoe for Over Weight People
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, it provides many protective and comfortable features.
- This shoe can carry heavy people standing on their feet all day long by utilizing a rubber sole that delivers an excellent grip and traction.
- Patented biomechanical features distribute the loads naturally across the knee, helping relieve pain and slow osteoarthritis progression.
- Flex-OA footwear is clinically proven to reduce the knees’ load by 20% on average.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow the normal motion to occur.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement typically lost with modern footwear.
- The effect is a measured and proven reduction in load on your legs and feet.
- This shoe is very comfortable from the outset while still having a ridged, stable feeling.
Training Shoes for Heavy People with Long Wide Feet
- It is built from durable materials with special attention to the injection-molded EVA midsole.
- Available in various large sizes – up to size 20.
- These are the widest shoes available in the market – up to the width of 4E.
Walking Shoe for Heavy Weights
- The uppers are a soft and flexible fabric material and accommodate a larger foot with a roomy toe box and wider width options.
- An Amplifoam cushioned midsole and a plush cushioned insole for better shock absorbency and cushioning.
- The rubber outsole is very durable and has lug patterns for improved grip.
- You can also select from many fashionable colors available.
Overweight Walking Shoe
- These athletic shoes are available in extended sizes, width options, and a few other colors.
- An extra depth design and a very roomy toe box with a smooth interior lining for your comfort.
- The insoles are anatomical and ergonomic in many cushioning layers that are also removable.
- Lastly, there is a rubber outsole that is durable and shock absorbing.
Walking Shoes for Overweight Men and Women
- The Upper is a soft and lightweight textile material that breathes very well.
- Included a Goga Max Technology Cushioned midsole and insole for energy-returning cushioning and 5Gen cushioning in the midsole.
- The Outsole is durable and has high traction with a lug tread.
- There are also many color options from which you can select.
Dress Shoes for Overweight12
Orthopedic Dress Shoes for Overweight
- Not only will they help an overweight person improve his gait, but it also makes his walk exceedingly smooth.
- In fact, you could comfortably wear these for miles and miles, and they will be none the worse for wear.
- Various sizes, widths, and added depth for comfort fit.
- Removable insoles that you can use to customize the fit.
- A leather and mesh affair comes with an energy plate for efficient motion and conserves energy.
- Most Propet Commuterlite Walking Shoe buyers reported going for a second and third repeat purchase.
Best Clogs for Overweight
- These are excellent shoes for heavyweight men who stand on their feet for long hours.
- These are among the preferred shoes of workers in a hospital as they walk and stand most of the time while on the job.
- The high toe box provides a lot of room to accommodate even the largest foot.
- The outsole’s rocker bottom design allows for a natural stride during active days spent on your feet without any fatigue.
- This shoe is designed with a smooth leather upper, a contoured leather insole, and a shock-absorbent rubber outsole.
Trail Shoes for Overweight14
Trail & Outdoor Walking Shoes
- Uppers: Breathable and comfortable synthetic.
- Shock Absorption: Achieved via the Gel Cushioning System.
- Outsole: A durable lug outsole that is perfect for running and walking on rough terrain.
- Insoles: Removable insoles to accommodates your own orthotics.
- Zise & Width: Up to size 15 and Width up to 4E (Extra Extra Wide).
Trail Running and Walking Shoe
- The fabric and synthetic uppers provide a comfortable and breathable fit with a gusseted tongue.
- An Injected molded EVA midsole offers luxurious underfoot cushioning and support.
- Speed tide technology ensures the best performance and support.
- An AT Tread rubber all-terrain outsole will give you an improved grip on slippery and uneven terrain.
- This shoe is available in different colors to choose from.
Sandals for Overweight16
Soft Footbed Sandals for Overweight
- Hand-made Leather Sandal has a soft, napped finish and feels great on the skin.
- The soles are made from rubber, providing better traction and better shock absorbent.
- A cork midsole and contoured footbed are designed overtime to take the shape of your underfoot and thus provide better support, stability, and comfort.
- It is designed to support heavy people’s specific requirements without compromising on the look.
- Adjusting the two straps, you can accommodate a very thick foot inside.
- This sandal has great arch support, a deep heel cup, and a wide toe box.
Wide Velcro Sandals
- Velcro closure for easy reach and adjustment.
- Uppers: Genuine soft leather.
- Outsole: Polyurethane provides cushioning, traction, durability, and walking comfort.
Best Work Shoes for Overweight18
Comfort Office Work Shoes for Flat Feet
- Boasts a professional and formal style.
- The sole is cushioned and supportive with a Gel heel.
- Thick rubber outsole for shock absorbency.
- Roomy toe box and comfortable upper design.
Overpronation Dress Shoe
- Soft and supple leather uppers in a classy and professional style.
- A cushioned and arch-supportive footbed.
- EVA midsole and insole for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- High traction rubber outsole.
Industrail work Boots for Overweight Men and Women
- Completely waterproof and breathable uppers.
- A lugged high grip and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Inside is a breathable leather lining and cushioned insole.
- Offers Cleansport NXT natural odor protection against germs and odors.
Classic Clog Easy Slip-On
- This is a classic clog with a grippy non-slip outsole.
- It comes with a massaging footbed.
- This Clog has enhanced arch support.
- It comes with an optional back strap for a better fit.
Accessories for Reaching Shoes and Socks for Overweight Men and Women
Being overweight may impede your ability to do certain tasks, of which one of the most common is to reach your feet to put socks on or tie up shoelaces.
However, many overweight individuals would still like to wear lace-up shoes rather than slip-on shoes and prefer to wear socks, even if it is challenging to put them on and off.
Luckily there are many ways and means, as well as helpful accessories for this task;
- Long Handled Shoe Horn – This device you use to put your shoes on and take them off; it has a long handle and hook at the end, which helps you hook and pull your shoes on and off.
- Elastic Laces – Elastic Laces are your best option in shoelaces when you cannot reach your shoes. They allow you to lace up and tie your laces in a permanent position, and because of their elasticity, you can put your shoes on and off without having to untie your laces.
- Sock Aids – This is a device that is placed inside your socks and has two long elastic grips that you hold. You place your foot inside the sock with the device holding it open, pulling on the strings with grips to pull the sock up, and then sliding the device out.
Reviews: The Best Sock and Shoe Aids
Here are a few Sock aids and shoe aids that help you easily put on shoes and socks without having to bend down.22
As in our discussion, the Sockslider is a device that helps you to put on all types of socks easily and without having to bend down.
- Easily and quickly put on and take off your socks.
- It is ideal for users with mobility limitations, injuries, and pregnant or overweight.
- Durable and versatile design.
- Compact and easy to store with a handle that can also be used as a shoehorn.
The Hickies Tie Free Lace System is ideal for individuals who cannot reach or tie their shoelaces and comes in a large range of colors to choose from.
- A synthetic lace that requires no tying.
- Each pack contains 14 lace-up straps.
- Available in many color selections.
- Customizable by strap fit.
One of the most popular shoe and sock dressing aids is Shoe Horn, and this one from Shake has an extra-long handle and easy-grip design.
- It is made from durable synthetic materials.
- Extra-long handle and easy-grip design.
- Assists mobility issues with putting on and taking off shoes and socks.
- It is made from Pro-High tech plastic for long-term use.
Summary Table: Shoes for Overweight Men & Women
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Heavy Duty Running & Walking Shoes||Cumulus 24||Cumulus 24||Asics||98.2|
|2||New Balance® - Overweight and Flat Feet Running Shoe||M1540v3||W1540v3||New Balance||96|
|3||Saucony® - Heavy Weight Running Shoes||Guide 14||Guide 14||Saucony||97|
|4||New Balance® - Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers||MW928v3||WW928v3||New Balance||97|
|5||Drew® - Velcro Overweight Walking Shoes||Force||Flash||Drew||94|
|6||New Balance® - Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe||MW847v4||WW847v4||New Balance||96|
|7||Vionic® - Orthopedic Fitness Shoe for Over Weight People||Revive||Kiara||Vionic||97|
|8||New Balance® - Training Shoes for Heavy People with Long Wide Feet||MX623v3||WX623v3||New Balance||94|
|9||New Balance® - Walking Shoe for Heavy Weights||680V6||680V6||New Balance||97.8|
|10||Orthofeet® - Overweight Walking Shoe||Lava||Coral||Orthofeet||97.5|
|11||Skechers® - Walking Shoes for Overweight Men and Women||Go Walk 6 Slip On||Go Walk 6 Slip On||Skechers||97.8|
|12||Propet® - Orthopedic Dress Shoes for Overweight||Commuterlite||Twilite Walker||Propet||94|
|13||Dansko® - Best Clogs for Overweight||Wide Pro||Wide Pro||Dansko||97|
|14||Asics® - Trail & Outdoor Walking Shoes||Gel Venture 8||Gel Venture 8||Asics||97|
|15||New Balance® - Trail Running and Walking Shoe||MT690v2||WT690v2||New Balance||95|
|16||Birkenstock® - Soft Footbed Sandals for Overweight||Arizona||Arizona||Birkenstock||96|
|17||Propet® - Wide Velcro Sandals||Daytona||Breeze||Propet||97|
|18||Orthofeet® - Comfort Office Work Shoes for Flat Feet||Avery||Chelsea||Orthofeet||95|
|19||Rockport® - Overpronation Dress Shoe||Almartin||Ireland||Rockport||96|
|20||Keen Utilitry® - Industrail work Boots for Overweight Men and Women||San Antonia||Santa Fe||Keen Utilitry||97|
|21||Crocs® - Classic Clog Easy Slip-On||Specialist||Specialist||Crocs||98.4|
Summary Table: Accessories for Overweight Men & Women
|22||Allstar Innovations Unisex SockSlider - Sock Aid for Overweight Persons||Allstar Innovations||98|
|23||Hickies Unisex Tie Free - No Tie Laces||Hickies||96|
|24||Shacke Extra Long - Shoe Horn||Shacke||98|
Enjoy the fresh air and blood-pumping experience of walking with one of the above fantastic walking options, running, dress, and casual shoes and sandals.
Stay fit and healthy without any pain or discomfort as these shoes are sure to keep your feet well supported and cushioned.