In this article, we will try and have a look at what Metatarsalgia is all about. We will see the reasons which cause it and how using the right shoe inserts, and orthopedic support the condition can be overcome.
What Is Metatarsalgia And Its Causes
Before choosing the right shoe for Metatarsalgia, it is vital that we have some basic idea about the situation and what could be the reasons for it.
Put in plain and straightforward words: It is a condition that leads to inflammation and pain in the balls of the feet.
It could be caused by many reasons, but the most common cause of this condition is because of repetitive stress. Those who walk on concrete all day long and those who are on their feet for extended periods of time are the ones who could suffer from this condition.
It is caused when the balls of the heels repeatedly impact on the ground. Getting a proper diagnosis done by a podiatrist will help find out the reason for this condition.
How to Alleviate Ball of Feet Pain (Metatarsalgia)
Amongst the many options that are chosen for alleviating the pain arising out of Metatarsalgia, using the right shoes and a correct insert could play a vital role. The key to reducing pain is to decrease the stress on the ball of the foot, and this can be done with the help of specially designed shoes and inserts.
- Inserts – There are many types of inserts and arch supports which perhaps can assist in achieving this.
- Shoes – Going in for a shoe with good arch support will be helpful in evenly distributing the pressure across the foot. Metatarsal pads can also be used. They also go a long way in relieving pressure off the ball of the foot area. However, it is important to choose correctly and specially designed shoes for a ball of foot pain.
Features of a Good Shoe for Metatarsalgia
- Cushioning – Look for a good cushioning system which is either in the insole or footbed consisting of foam, memory foam, or Gel, as well as EVA or foam cushioning in the midsole for shock absorbency.
- Stability – Stability features such as a heel counter, rocker sole, shank, or a contoured design footbed help to prevent excessive pronation, which can aggravate metatarsalgia — cushioning in the midsole or insole to provide shock absorbency and comfort.
- Fit and Uppers – A comfortable fit with ample toe room is ideal with uppers that are soft and comfortable against the skin, such as mesh, leather, or synthetic materials.
- Outsole – The outsole should provide good grip and traction. Rubber is a durable and preferable material in the outsole.
Over the next few lines will try and have a look at the best shoes for Metatarsalgia based on various features and specifications. We are confident that it will help a lot in making the right choice to overcome this painful and depressing condition of the foot.
Here are our reviews on the best shoes for Metatarsalgia which have been specially designed to reduce the pain caused by this condition, in particular on the ball of the feet and the heels;
Best Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia1
Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- EVA cushioned midsole.
- Wide and comfortable fit.
- Roomy Toe Box.
- Rubber Outsole.
Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia Pain
- An updated Tri-Flex outsole, that offers exceptional flexibility and cushioned protection against impact.
- textile and synthetic uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A 3mm Everun top sole for a more energetic ride.
- Features a flexible and breathable mesh adaptable fit.
- Available in a few color varitions.
Running Shoe for Metatarsalgia
- features a thick rubber Meta-Rocker Outsole for stability and motion control.
- Inside is a plush and comfortable Orthalite Footbed.
- Flexible and breathable mesh, synthetic, and lycra upper construction for a more adaptive fit.
- Smooth interior linings and a padded tongue and collar.
Best Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia4
Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- Breathable and lightweight synthetic and mesh upper construction with a comfortable fluid-like fit.
- Rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning for shock absorbency.
- An AHAR high abrasion resistance outsole and toe and heel reinforcements.
- Impact Guidance and Trusstic system for better gait efficiency and stability.
Best Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- The primary material on this shoe is a combination of synthetic, leather, and mesh materials.
- It is an entirely imported shoe. Amongst other features, it comes with rubber soles that offer stability and support for those suffering from orthotic problems.
- It offers unprecedented forefoot freedom and also has features for the stability of the rearfoot.
- It comes with a strengthened midsole stability plate that helps in better dispersion of pressure.
- It also has a unique Footbridge with which in better control while in motion.
- The seam linings are smooth and flat and are designed for safety and protection.
Rocker Bottom Metatarsalgia Shoes
- It is made from a combination of high-quality synthetic and leather material.
- It is fully imported but has been created with the primary objective of being suitable for people suffering from Metatarsalgia.
- The rubber soles, amongst other things, help in better gift and durability.
- It has a unique memory foam insole, which helps to reduce pressure on the balls of the feet.
- It also comes with a cushioned midsole, which also goes a long way in giving more stability to the feet and helps disperse weight evenly.
Best Dress Shoes for Metatarsalgia7
Everyday Fashion Sneaker
- These Shoes have Zero Drop Platform and Foot Shaped roomy toe box; this way, your feet can spread out and ease the ball of the foot pain.
Best Dress Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
- They come with a soft elastic smart sole, which has been specially designed for daily comfort.
- Ideally suitable for long-term wear and takes care of the feet from day one.
- Soft heel feature which makes walking easily with a rolling motion. This, apart from helping in removing stress to the balls of the feet, also helps in improving posture while walking.
- These are complete dress shoes for comfort, especially when worn for an extended period.
Dress Clogs for Metatarsalgia
- It is made from high-quality leather.
- It comes with a memory foam cushioned insole, which is anatomical, removal, and made from quality latex and cork materials.
- It is suitable for special needs of orthotics or those suffering from Metatarsalgia.
- It also is good to look at with the leather lining, which also offers durability and strength.
- It comes with a quality suede sock liner.
- Is it slip-resistant and non-marking, and the rubber sole ensures a 100% safe grip. The sole is made from quality polyurethane and therefore is also water and moisture resistant.
Best Sandals for Metatarsalgia10
Unisex Metatarsalgia Sandals
- It comes with all the benefits and features which are expected of an orthotic shoe.
- These include a metatarsal riser pad, which is a patented technology. It helps in better biomechanics.
- Suitable for arch pain, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, help pain, and Metatarsalgia.
- It also comes with unique EVA arch support; This helps the shoe to get molded to meet the particular shape of the user.
- It contributes to keeping the foot in its natural position and alignment.
- It also has a unique cup with deep heel technology.
Best Insoles for Metatarsalgia11
Metatarsalgia Pressure Relief Insoles
- The Plastazote material on the top cover molds to the feet, creating a custom fit.
- Abzorb cushioning technology by New Balance provides maximum shock absorption at the heel and forefoot.
- The Unique design of these insoles for metatarsal support helps relieve pain and discomfort caused by Metatarsalgia.
- Anatomical heel cradle and arch support distribute the foot pressure more evenly.
- These Insoles will fit most dress, casual, athletic shoes, and boots that have removable insoles.
- It is cushioned for comfort and shock absorbency.
- Gel padding to prevent impact on balls of feet and heels.
- Comfortable and soft top layer
- Soft and perforated breathable leather uppers.
- Easy slip-on fit with elastic goring for more flexibility.
- A Thick and shock-absorbing durable rubber outsole.
- Comfortable Memory foam padded footbed.
- It offers a roomy and relaxed fit.
- Available in a few neutral colors.
Walking Shoe For Metatarsalgia
- Comfortable and breathable perforated leather uppers.
- A roomy toe area and availability in wider widths.
- There is a removable shock-absorbing and cushioned insole.
- A thick and durable rubber outsole with a slightly elevated heel and good underfoot protection.
- Inside are smooth and friction-free moisture-wicking linings.
- The tongue and collar are padded for a more comfortable fit.
- Available in amany color selections.
Dress Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- Stylish and elegant dress style shoes.
- The Classic Oxford style men’s shoe has smooth leather uppers and a lace-up design.
- The Cindee for the ladies is a Mary Jane style shoe with a low Bio-Heel and a cross strap for a secure fit.
- Both shoes have a non-binding design with extra depth and availability in wider widths and extended sizes.
- Included is a Gel cushioning insole that is also removable.
Metatarsalgia should no longer be a painful and debilitating condition; by wearing comfortable and supportive footwear, you should feel a drastic difference. Insoles are also a fantastic way to reduce pain and symptoms of this condition.
Index Table: Best Shoes for Metatarsalgia
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Altra® - Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia||Paradigm 3||Paradigm 3||Altra||96|
|2||Saucony® - Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia Pain||Zealot ISO 3||Zealot ISO 3||Saucony||98|
|3||Hoka 1® - Running Shoe for Metatarsalgia||Bondi 7||Bondi 7||Hoka 1||98|
|4||Asics® - Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia||Gel Cumulus 22||Gel Quickwalk||Asics||96|
|5||Aetrex® - Best Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia||RX||Xspress||Aetrex||95|
|6||Skechers® - Rocker Bottom Metatarsalgia Shoes||Shape Ups||Shape Ups||Skechers||96|
|7||Altra® - Everyday Fashion Sneaker||Cayd||Intuition||Altra||97|
|8||Joya® - Best Dress Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain||Cruiser||Fiesta||Joya||94|
|9||Alegria® - Dress Clogs for Metatarsalgia||Chairman||Classic||Alegria||95|
|10||Stridetek® - Unisex Metatarsalgia Sandals||Flip-Thotics||Flip-Thotics||Stridetek||97|
|11||New Balance® - Metatarsalgia Pressure Relief Insoles||3030||3030||New Balance||96|
|13||Dr. Scholl’s® - Metatarsalgia Sneakers||Loyal||Luna||Dr. Scholl’s||97|
|14||Propet® - Walking Shoe For Metatarsalgia||Stability Walker||Stability Walker||Propet||96|
|15||Dr. Comfort® - Dress Shoes for Metatarsalgia||Classic||Cindee||Dr. Comfort||97|
Table of Contents
- What Is Metatarsalgia And Its Causes
- How to Alleviate Ball of Feet Pain (Metatarsalgia)
- Features of a Good Shoe for Metatarsalgia
- Best Running Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- Best Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- Best Dress Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- Best Sandals for Metatarsalgia
- Best Insoles for Metatarsalgia
- Metatarsalgia Pressure Relief Insoles
- Dr. Relax® Unisex Metatarsal Pads Gel Pad Ball of Foot Cushions
- Metatarsalgia Sneakers
- Walking Shoe For Metatarsalgia
- Dress Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: Best Shoes for Metatarsalgia