Knock Knees that turn Inward when you stand or walk are usually more visible in children and are easily treated with time; however, some adults may suffer from this condition.
Knock knees, also known as genu valgum, is a condition in which the legs angle inwards and the knees touch or almost touch when standing. This can cause discomfort and strain on the knees, especially when walking or standing for long periods.
If you have knocked knees, finding the right shoes can be an important part of relieving discomfort and reducing strain on your knees.
The best options to help correct Knock Knees are, of course, proper footwear and orthotic devices.
Table of Contents
- The importance of finding the right shoes for knock knees
- Types of Shoes to Consider for Knock Knees
- Knock Knees and Why You Need Proper Footwear and Orthotics
- How Exactly do Proper Shoes Help for Knock Knees
- Features of a Good Shoes for Knock Knees
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Knock Knees
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoe for Knock Knees
The importance of finding the right shoes for knock knees
Shoes support and cushion the feet and legs, especially for people with knock knees. Shoes with good arch support and cushioning can help distribute weight evenly across the foot and alleviate knee strain. Shoes with a wide, stable base can also provide better support and stability for knocked knees.
Types of Shoes to Consider for Knock Knees
There are several types of shoes that can be suitable for knock knees, depending on your specific needs and preferences. Here are some options to consider:
Sneakers: Sneakers with good arch support and cushioning can be a good choice for people with knocked knees. Look for sneakers with a wide, stable base and adjustable laces or straps for a secure, customized fit.
Boots: Boots with a wide, stable base and adjustable laces or straps can provide good support and stability for knock knees. Look for boots with padded heels and ankles for added cushioning.
Orthopedic shoes: Orthopedic shoes are designed to provide support and cushioning for specific foot conditions, including knock knees. Look for shoes with a contoured footbed and padded heel and ankle for added comfort and support.
Knock Knees and Why You Need Proper Footwear and Orthotics
Knock Knees in itself can be a huge issue, not to mention stiff muscles and joints, as well as knee and hip pain which can go along with it,
Knock Knees are a misalignment of your knees that causes them to turn inward when you walk, and in some cases, they touch each other.
Knock Knee is more predominant in children of ages 3 and 7; however it can occur in adults as a result of Injuries, infections, lack of vitamin D and Calcium, Obesity, or even Arthritis.
However, there is a solution; using the proper braces, insoles, or footwear, you can correct the alignment of your feet and walking motion, which helps to correct Knock Knees with time.
How Exactly do Proper Shoes Help for Knock Knees
- Arch Support – The right Arch support with a rigid insole helps reduce strain on the knees preventing degeneration of the knees, as well as preventing injuries.
- Stability and Motion Control – Stability and motion control features in your shoe aid in limiting excessive pronation and, in turn, helps to properly align your feet, which results in better alignment of your knees and posture.
- Extra Depth or Removable Insole – Extra Depth or removable insoles allow you to use your own orthotic devices such as Heel Wedges, which help with alignment and support for Knock Knees.
- Cushioning – Insole and midsole cushioning attenuates shock, which can damage the knees and feet and reduce the strain added impact places on the knees.
Features of a Good Shoes for Knock Knees
- Substantial Sole – A origin and supportive sole that reduces impact and helps to prevent excessive pronation and motion.
- Arch Support – Good arch support protects the knees and provides even weight distribution and correct motion.
- Firm Heel Counter – A firmer heel counter strengthens and straightens out your ankles, which in turn strengthens and straightens out your legs and knees.
- Lightweight and Flexibility – While you do need good support, a little flexibility is needed for easier movement, and a lightweight shoe prevents foot and leg fatigue.
- Correct Size – Make sure you get the correct size; otherwise, you may not attain all the shoe benefits.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Knock Knees
Here are some of the best shoe options as well as some accessories to help with Knock Knees;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Knock Knees Corrective Walking Shoes
- The uppers are lightweight and flexible mesh.
- The sole is stacked and durable with inserts for better grip and a rocker design.
- There is an EVA Midsole and a Plush Cushioned Ultra Soft insole for cushioning.
- You can also choose between a few color options in the Hoka One One Bondi.
Knock Knees Sandal
- Soft mesh and neoprene thong-style uppers.
- The footbed is podiatrist-designed and biomechanical with a heel cup for stability and support, which realigns the feet to their natural position.
- A lightweight and flexible EVA midsole absorbs shock and provides cushioning for comfort, while a durable and tough TPR outsole with wave patterns provides excellent slip resistance.
- Only available in a Chocolate brown color selection in a Unisex fit for men and women.
Knock Knees Shoes
- A very comfortable and lightweight walking shoe with soft and breathable mesh uppers and a thick and durable high traction rubber outsole.
- The Goga Max Technology insole ensures maximum support and shock-absorbing cushioning.
- It is also Responsive and energy-returning 5Gen cushioning and a lightweight and flexible sole.
- It offers maximum support and alignment ideal for knock knees and can be worn for any occasion.
- Available in many color selections for your perusal.
- Available in many color selections in both the men’s and women’s models.
Shoe for Knock Knees
- The upper consist of sifting and durable pigskin suede with mesh inserts for breathability.
- A thick and high traction rubber outsole with a 12 mm drop.
- ENCAP midsole technology provides excellent support and durability, while there is an Encap polyurethane ring with an ethylene-vinyl acetate core in the heel for stability.
- The dual-density foam collar offers a more comfortable fit along with the cushioned insole.
- The ladies’ model is available in either a Grey, navy, or black color option, whereas the men’s model is available in many more color selections that are neutral and bold.
- These shoes are ideal for walking, running, or even casual wear.
Knock Knees shoes
- Breathable and lightweight fabric and synthetic leather uppers.
- Vero Shock Technology is a patented spring system in the sole that absorbs shock and converts it back to energy.
- The interior has a seamless and moisture-wicking lining for less irritation.
- Comes with a bonus corrective and orthotic pair of the insole, which helps align the legs and body properly when walking.
- There is a front rocker sole and a supportive midfoot to prevent and relieve plantar Fasciitis and overpronation.
- The toe box is extra roomy to accommodate foot conditions and deformities or just for some extra wiggle room.
- A durable and thick rubber outsole.
- Both models are available in many color choices.
Knock Knees Insoles
- Comes in the choice options of either one pair of large adhesive Wedges, one medium pair with or without adhesive, or a Pair of fabric topped Heel Wedges.
- These Wedges help to properly position and stabilize your heels, which relieves pressure from the knees, back, and ankles, and in turn, corrects Knock Knees, Bw legs, and supination or excess pronation.
- Firm and comfortable support that you can wear all day.
- Comes in a Trim To fit easy size option that will fit most adults.
Knock Knees Braces
- Made from Nylon composite materials and recommended by sportsmen and gymnasts.
- It comes with three belts in a set that you can use on the knees, thighs, and ankles for full support.
- Profession correction for knock knees, type-O legs, and X-type shaped legs.
- Helps to realign the joint positioning and improve motion to correct Knock Knees.
- Easy and convenient to use.
Corrective Silicone for Knock Knees
- Orthopedic design medial and lateral Heel Wedge Gel inserts available in men’s and women’s size options.
- Ergonomic design with a 4-Degree medical fit for ankle inversion, flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and knock-knee correction.
- Very easy to use and comes with self-adhesive agents.
- It is made from premium medical-grade soft and durable silicone gel that is reusable and easy to wash.
- Non-Slip adhesive ensures they stay secure in your shoes of choice.
Knock Knees Stability Running Shoes
- The uppers consist of and Airmesh technology for breathability and superior comfort.
- The XPOP Midsole is a new compound high rebound foam that is super soft and plush.
- Ther is a premium moisture-wicking sock liner and a comfortable collar and tongue for a snug fit.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent traction and lasts quite a long.
Knock Knees Walking and Running Shoes
- The uppers are an engineered mesh with a no-sew design, and there is a 3D Molded heel cup for a more supportive fit.
- There is a cushioned TRuFUse Midsole and insole for optimal cushioning and support.
- The NB insert provides light cushioning and is removable, allowing you to use your own orthotics.
- A durable rubber outsole will ensure that you enjoy excellent traction and grip.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoe for Knock Knees
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Hoka One® - Knock Knees Corrective Walking Shoes||Bondi 7||Bondi 7||Hoka One||98.6|
|2||Vionic® - Knock Knees Sandal||Wave||Wave||Vionic||96|
|3||Skechers® - Knock Knees Shoes||Go Walk Max-Athletic||Go Walk Joy||Skechers||96.6|
|4||New Balance® - Shoe for Knock Knees||M990V5||W990V5||New Balance||97|
|5||Gravity Defyer® - Knock Knees shoes||Mighty Walk||Mighty Walk||Gravity Defyer||98|
|6||Comfy Sole® - Knock Knees Insoles||Heel Wedge||Heel wedge||Comfy Sole||96|
|7||CALIDAKA® - Knock Knees Braces||Leg Corrector||Leg Corrector||CALIDAKA||96|
|8||Wonderwin® - Corrective Silicone for Knock Knees||Heel wedges||Heel Wedges||Wonderwin||97|
|9||Mizuno® - Knock Knees Stability Running Shoes||Wave Horizon 5||Wave Horizon 5||Mizuno||97.2|
|10||New Balance® - Knock Knees Walking and Running Shoes||860V12||860V12||New Balance||96.5|