Knock Knees that turn Inward when you stand or walk is usually more visible in children and is easily treated with time; however, some adults may suffer this condition as well.
The best options to help correct Knock Knees are, of course, proper footwear and orthotic devices.
Knock Knees and Why You Need Proper Footwear and Orthotics
Knock Knees in itself can be a huge issue, not to mention stiff muscles and joints, as well as knee and hip pain which can go along with it,
Knock Knees is a misalignment of your knees that causes them to turn inward when you walk, and in some cases, they actually touch each other.
Knock Knee is more predominant in children of ages 3 and 7; however it can occur in adults as a result of Injuries, infections, lack of vitamin D and Calcium, Obesity, or even because of Arthritis.
However, there is a solution; using the proper braces, insoles, or footwear, you can correct the alignment of your feet and walking motion, which in turn helps to correct Knock Knees with time.
How Exactly do Proper Shoes Help for Knock Knees
- Arch Support – The right Arch support with a rigid insole helps to reduce strain on the knees preventing degeneration of the knees, as well as preventing injuries.
Stability and Motion Control – Stability and motion control features in your shoe aid in limiting excessive pronation and, in turn, helps to properly align your feet, which results in better alignment of your knees and posture.
Extra Depth or Removable Insole – Extra Depth or removable insoles allow you to use your own orthotic devices such as Heel Wedges, which help with alignment and support for Knock Knees.
Cushioning – Insole and midsole cushioning attenuates shock, which can damage the knees and feet and reduces the strain added impact places on the knees.
Features of a Good Shoes for Knock Knees
- Substantial Sole – A origin and supportive sole that reduces impact and helps to prevent excessive pronation and motion.
Arch Support – Good arch support protects the knees and provides even weight distribution and correct motion.
Firm Heel Counter – A firmer heel counter strengthens and straightens out your ankles, which in turn strengthens and straightens out your legs and knees.
Lightweight and Flexibility – While you do need good support, a little flexibility is needed for easier movement, and a lightweight shoe prevents foot and leg fatigue.
Correct Size – Make sure you get the cotrrect size, otherwise all the benefits of the shoe may not be attained.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Knock Knees
here are some of the best shoe options as well as some accessories to help with Knock Knees;
Shoes for Knock Knee
The Wonderwin Corrective Heel Wedge Insoles are the percent and affordable solution to correct Knock Knees and still wear your favorite pair of shoes.
- Orthopedic design medial and lateral Heel Wedge Gel inserts that are available in men’s and women’s size options.
- Ergonomic design with a
- Very easy to use and comes with self-adhesive agents.
- It is made from premium medical-grade soft and durable silicone gel that is reusable and very easy to wash.
- Non-Slip adhesive ensures they stay secure in your shoes of choice.
Knock Knees Sandal
The perfect flip flop sandal for those hot summers as leisurewear is the Wave from Vionic with the Orthaheel technology, which stabilizes, improves motion and alignment, making this the perfect sandal for Knock Knees and similar conditions.
- Soft mesh and neoprene thong-style uppers.
- The footbed is podiatrist-designed and biomechanical with a heel cup for stability and support, which realigns the feet to their natural position.
- A lightweight and flexible EVA midsole absorbs shock and provides cushioning for comfort while ba durable and tough TPR outsole with wave patterns provide excellent slip resistance.
- Only available in a Chocolate brown color selection in a Unisex fit for men and women.
Knock Knees Shoes
The Go Walk range from Skechers likewise offers the perfect fit and some correcting qualities which are ideal for individuals who have Knock Knees or Bow Legs.
- A very comfortable and lightweight walking shoe with soft and breathable mesh uppers and a thick and durable high traction rubber outsole.
- The Goga Max Technology insole ensures maximum support and shock-absorbing cushioning.
- It is also Responsive and energy-returning 5Gen cushioning and a lightweight and flexible sole.
- It offers maximum support and alignment ideal for knock knees and can be worn for any occasion.
- Available in many color selections for your perusal.
- Available in many color selections in both the men’s and women’s models.
Shoe for Knock Knees
One of the most mentioned and sought after shoe types that I found for both adults and children with Knock Knees is the New Balance 990V4 model, which has some of the highest ratings for this specific condition.
- The upper consist of sifting and durable pigskin suede with mesh inserts for breathability.
- There is a thick and high traction rubber outsole with a 12 mm drop.
- ENCAP midsole technology provides excellent support and durability while there is an Encap polyurethane ring with an ethylene-vinyl acetate core in the heel for stability.
- The dual-density foam collar offers a more comfortable fit along with the cushioned insole.
- The ladies’ model is available in either a Grey, navy or black color option, whereas the men’s model is available in many more color selections that are neutral and bold.
- These shoes are ideal for walking, running, or even just casual wear.
Knock Knees shoes
A top favorite casual wear and walking shoe that has the p[erfect features for issues such as Knock Knees, Bow Legs, and even excessive pronation or supination is the Gravity Defyer Mighty Walk.
- Breathable and lightweight fabric and synthetic leather uppers.
- Vero Shock Technology which is a patented spring system in the sole that absorbs shock and converts it back to energy.
- The interior has a seamless and moisture-wicking lining for less irritation.
- Comes with a bonus corrective and orthotic pair of the insole which helps to align the legs and body properly when walking.
- There is a front rocker sole and a supportive midfoot to prevent and relieve plantar Fasciitis and overpronation.
- The toe box is extra roomy to accommodate foot conditions and deformities or just for some extra wiggle room.
- A durable and thick rubber outsole.
- Both models are available in many color choices.
Knock Knees Insoles
As heel Wedge is another excellent option as a shoe insert to help correct knock Knees. I have chosen one of the best brands a model so far, The Comfy Sole Heel Wedge, which has many successes in improving Knock Knees.
- Comes in the choice options of either one pair of large adhesive Wedges, one medium pair with or without adhesive, or a Pair of fabric topped Heel Wedges.
- These Wedges help to properly position and stabilize your heels, which relieves pressure from the knees, back, and ankles, and in turn, corrects Knock Knees, Bw legs, and supination or excess pronation.
- Firm and comfortable support that can be worn all day.
- Comes in a Trim To fit easy size option that will fit most adults.
Knock Knees Braces
One of the options you can use to gradually correct Knock Knees are corrector belts or braces, I have chosen this model from Enshey as according to revies it is deemed to be the most effective and comfortable.
- Made from Nylon composite materials and recommended by sportsmen and gymnasts.
- It comes with three belts in a set that can be used on the knees thighs and ankles for full support.
- Profession correction for knock knees, type-O legs, and X-type shaped legs.
- Helps to realign the joint positioning and improve motion to correct Knock Knees.
- Easy and convenient to use.
Knock Knees Corrective Walking Shoes
The Hoka One Bondi has a stability Rocker Sole design, which helps to correct Knock Knees.
- The uppers are lightweight and flexible mesh.
- The sole is stacked and durable with inserts for better grip and a rocker design.
- For cushioning, there is an EVA Midsole and a Plush Cushioned Ultra Soft insole.
- You can also choose between a few color options in the Hoka One Bondi 6.
Knock Knees Stability Running Shoes
From Mizuno, we have the Wave Horizon 4, their latest technology stability running shoe, which is perfect for Knock Knees.
- The uppers consist of and Airmesh technology for breathability and superior comfort.
- The XPOP Midsole is a new compound high rebound foam that is super soft and plush.
- Ther is a premium moisture wicking sock liner and a comfortable collar and tongue for a snug fit.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent traction and lasts quite long.
Knock Knees Walking and Running Shoes
The New Balance 860V10 has a comfortable and supportive design, which is also ideal for persons with Knock Knees.
- The uppers are an engineered mesh with a no-sew design, and there is a 3D Molded heel cup for a more supportive fit.
- There is a cushioned TRuFUse Midsole and insole for optimal cushioning and support.
- The NB insert provides light cushioning and is removable, allowing you to use your own orthotics.
- A durable rubber outsole will ensure that you enjoy excellent traction and grip.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoe for Knock Knees
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Wonderwin® - Shoes for Knock Knee||Wonderwin||97|
|2||Vionic® - Knock Knees Sandal||Vionic||96|
|3||Skechers® - Knock Knees Shoes||Skechers||96.6|
|4||New Balance® - Shoe for Knock Knees||New Balance||99|
|5||Gravity Defyer® - Knock Knees shoes||Gravity Defyer||98|
|6||Comfy Sole® - Knock Knees Insoles||Comfy Sole||96|
|7||Noverlife® - Knock Knees Braces||Noverlife||96|
|8||Hoka One® - Knock Knees Corrective Walking Shoes||Hoka One||97.6|
|9||Mizuno® - Knock Knees Stability Running Shoes||Mizuno||97.2|
|10||New Balance® - Knock Knees Walking and Running Shoes||New Balance||96.5|
Table of Contents
- Knock Knees and Why You Need Proper Footwear and Orthotics
- How Exactly do Proper Shoes Help for Knock Knees
- Features of a Good Shoes for Knock Knees
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Knock Knees
- Shoes for Knock Knee
- Knock Knees Sandal
- Knock Knees Shoes
- Shoe for Knock Knees
- Knock Knees shoes
- Knock Knees Insoles
- Knock Knees Braces
- Knock Knees Corrective Walking Shoes
- Knock Knees Stability Running Shoes
- Knock Knees Walking and Running Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoe for Knock Knees