In case you suspect or being diagnosed with having plantar fasciitis, you should act fast and look for the best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis, as this condition can be persistent and can further damage other tissues in your feet.
What is Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a very painful condition where at the bottom of the foot, the plantar fascia becomes inflamed due to many reasons.
When this happens, the plantar fascia or a tissue ligament (which is easier to understand) becomes swollen and irritated. Hence, for such persons, it is crucial that they wear special shoes that are specifically designed managing this condition.
Though there are many such shoes available in the market who claim to be fit for this, there are only a few who pass off as shoes that are suitable for wearing while having a plantar fasciitis. Hence, customers need to exercise care and caution when perusing such information.
Complications of Plantar Fasciitis
One of the main symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis is a sharp, stabbing pain at the bottom of your foot particularly at the heel area. The pain is at its worst after sleeping or sitting when you first get up and take a few steps. Plantar Fasciitis pain can also be triggered by standing for long periods of time and can become worse after exercising.
Usually, your Plantar Fascia acts as a shock absorber bowstring that supports the arch of your foot. Tension and stress on the Plantar Fascia create small tears, and constant stretching and tearing can cause the Plantar Fascia to become inflamed and irritated causing pain. In many cases, the exact reason for this is unclear, although there are some risk factors.
- Plantar Fasciitis can develop with age because of the wear and tear on your feet.
- It is more common in individuals over the age of 40.
- Certain activities and types of exercise where repetitive strain is placed on your heels can contribute to the onset of Plantar Fasciitis.
- Activities such as long distance running, ballistic jumping, dancing and many other repetitive motion sports are risk factors.
- Spedning many long hours on your feet on a daily basis.
- People with flat feet or lower arches or even just an abnormal walking pattern can also develop Plantar Fasciitis when extra strain is placed on the Plantar Fascia.
- Excess weight gain, foot injuries, and certain medical conditions are also said to be one of the leading causes.
- When you work, and hard floor surfaces and are on your feet all day the impact from standing or walking on these surfaces may cause damage to the Plantar Fascia if you do not wear supportive and shock absorbing footwear.
If you leave Plantar Fasciitis untreated, you may experience chronic foot pain which can hinder your regular activities. Because of the pain, you may change the way you walk which in turn can damage your knees, back or hips. Therefore make sure to find the proper shoes or orthotic devices to support your feet and treat Plantar Fasciitis before it becomes a problem.
For other types of footwear make sure to check our articles about:
- Best Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
- Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- Best Socks for Plantar Fasciitis
Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Here are some of the top-rated running shoes that are designed to accommodate people who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis;
Anatomy of a Good Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe
The choice of running shoe for Plantar Fasciitis will depend on your foot type and stride, if you supinate or pronate and how high or low your arches are. For running where there is a lot of hard impacts on your feet strong arch support, cushioning and good shock absorption is a necessity.
The main features to look at are;
- Strong heel support such as a heel cup.
- Good Arch support.
- Soft Cushioning.
- Good Shock absorption.
In general these features work well for all foot types and strides with Plantar Fasciitis.1
Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review ■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- A sleek new fluid upper construction from synthetic materials and mesh for breathability and a better fit.
- A re-engineered heel clutching system that provides stability and support to the heel.
- The ComforDry sock liner that rests on the stable fluid ride platform provides, even more, comfort and cushioning.
- A durable outsole provides excellent grip and traction.
- The Asics Gel Kayano is available in an enormous range of colors and designs to choose from.
Running with Plantar Fasciitis
Many runners at some point find themselves experiencing Plantar Fasciitis to some extent. This can be caused by an increase in mileage, overpronation or even old and worn out shoes. Luckily the above-mentioned running shoes are designed to provide adequate support for the relief and prevention of Plantar Fasciitis.
Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review ■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
For those low arches and overpronators, the New Balance Running shoe is designed to give you the best fit and greatest performance.
- The synthetic uppers are breathable and comfortable for a lightweight fit.
- A dual-density foam collar and supportive footbed provide comfort and shock absorption.
- The Rollbar technology improves lateral and medial rearfoot stability and causes more natural movement.
- The synthetic outsole provides excellent traction on hard surfaces.
Breathable Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review ■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17 is a comfortable and breathable running shoe with a cushioned design that will alleviate pain caused by Plantar Fasciitis.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh and synthetic uppers that are flexible for a more customized fit.
- The comfortable fabric lining prevents friction and creates a better in-shoe feel.
- A removable molded foam insole provides lightweight and supportive underfoot cushioning.
- The BioMoGo DNA provides gender friendly cushioning ensuring a more dynamic ride.
- This shoe is available in many different color options to choose from.
Plantar Fascitis Running Shoes
The Asics gel equation eight is built for the neutral and under pronator that needs more enhanced cushioning and shock absorption.
- The uppers are manufactured from breathable mesh with durable synthetic overlays to keep you dry and comfortable.
- The plush tongue and collar ensure a comfortable and secure fit.
- A removable foam insole and rearfoot gel cushioning system provides comfort, support and attenuates shock.
- The Trusstic system reduces the overall weight of the sole unit while retaining structure and providing lightweight stability.
- The Asics High Abrasion Rubber used on the outsole provides superior durability and traction.
Normal to High Arch Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes
One of the best choices in running shoes is the Asics Gel Nimbus 19 with its exceptional features that also accommodates foot conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis.
- The uppers are made from breathable textile and synthetic materials with FluidFit technology combining multi-directional stretch mesh and stretch reinforcements adapting to the runner’s foot.
- The seamless construction of this shoe reduces potential irritation and friction.
- A Fluidride midsole for cushioning and bounce back energy return.
- The rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning reduces the impact on the feet, absorbs shock and provides better movement on multiple planes.
- An exoskeletal heel counter delivers better support and a better heel fit.
- This exceptional running shoe is rounded off with a durable, high-quality rubber sole.
- Available in many color options.
Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe
The Salomon XR Mission is a fantastic running shoe for those who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis; this shoe is also slip and water resistant making it perfect for the outdoors.
- The soles are made from high-quality rubber, and it is often considered as one of the best features of this shoe.
- This shoe has a Winter-ready Contagrip outsole with protective toe cap
- The heels and the rear soles are designed to give protection to the back heel area and also massage the tissue.
- It is water resistant and slips resistant, which is crucial for those suffering from plantar fasciitis or its symptoms.
Top Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Anatomy of a Good Plantar Fasciitis Walking Shoe
- A proper fitting shoe that is not worn out.
- Good arch Support.
- A cushioned insole.
- A deeper and supportive heel cup.
- Shock absorbing characteristics.
- A durable and thick outsole.
Orthopedic Fitness Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
Stylish design and quality build meet unbelievable comfort feel.
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, provide many protective and comfort features.
- This shoe can carry heavy people standing on their feet all day long by utilizing a rubber sole that delivers a great grip and traction.
- Patented biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the knee helping to relieve pain and slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Flex-OA footwear is clinically proven to reduce the load on the knees by 20% on average.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow a normal motion to occur.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement that typically lost with modern footwear.
- The effect is a measured and proven reduction in load on your plantar fasciitis.
- This shoe is very comfortable from the outset while still have a ridged stable feeling.
Overweight Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Walk Shoe
One of the Major Causes of Plantar Fasciitis is being Overweight – This walking shoe is designed as the Best Shoe for Overweight People.
- A ROLLBAR technology for the ultimate in both lateral and medial rearfoot stability.
- High-quality shoe made of the best quality leather; comfortable and breathable.
- The compression molded EVA midsole ensures excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
- Cushioned and broad natural rubber outsoles to increase grip and helps subside plantar fasciitis and heel spur pain.
- A 13mm heel to toe drop which is ideal for a walking shoe for flat feet.
- Dual-density collar foam adds a great feel while traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review
■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- The removable orthotic footbed and Tri-Plantar Motion Control Technique ensures exceptional comfort and support.
- It uses a very high-quality arch support system.
- It is extremely popular for those who suffer from flat feet, heel pain, calluses, the ball of foot pain, bunions and of course plantar fasciitis.
- It has a classy look because of the mesh upper sole and a midsole shock absorber.
- Human-made sole – specifically designed to keep you always on the move.
- It comes with a built-in ortho heel footbed that is very useful for controlling the motions of users suffering from plantar fasciitis.
Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- This Shoe is built to last, and at the same time, it is extremely comfortable to wear.
- This shoe is popular for its combination of sturdiness, comfort, and design.
- Asics Gel-Tech Walker is known to be one of the best shoes for standing all day at work.
- Removable insole lets you customize it furthermore according to your needs.
- Soft sole & shock-resistant technology: help you in case you suffer from knee pain or plantar fasciitis.
Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Walking Shoes
- Built with quality in mind while paying extra attention to its midsole.
- This ‘Rocker Bottom Shoes’ are perfect for removing the pressure from any particular point at the foot, this, in turn, helps alleviate the pain that comes with plantar fasciitis.
- The Shape-Ups XT is a very wide width shoe and its one of the main reason it fits overweight people who typically tend to have heel pain or plantar fasciitis.
- The Skechers Shape-Ups XT have a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe, so the rolling effect is very even from the heel to the front.
- This Skechers shoe is very comfortable from the outset while still have a ridged stable feeling.
- The rubber soles can help to cushion the weight and ease the pain under the heel.
- This shoe is also one of the best shoes for knee pain.
Best Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Features of Dress Shoes Designed for Heel Fascia Pain
Proper cushioning is crucial for these kinds of shoes. It will help your feet to stay comfortable and receive no shock at all. It can hold the feet correctly and firmly while you are walking or running and also absorbs minimum shock so that it does not cause any pain in your heel or arch.
Plantar fasciitis mainly impacts the arch of the foot, and that is why full support is needed there. There are only few dress shoes available in the market which truly provides cushioned midsoles to support the arch of the feet.
Some of the shoes come with removable insoles, with the help of this, you can adjust the sole according to your needs and preference. Also, it will help you customize it according to your feet pronation, so you get maximum comfort.
With the technologies like ROLLBAR, foot stability has increased, especially the rear part of the feet. The best thing about the foot stability feature is that you can walk without hurting your heels and arches much.
Plantar Fasciitis Extra Wide Dress shoes
The Orthofeet Chelsea and Gramercy are orthopedic dress shoes that have a wider fit to accommodate various foot conditions including Plantar Fasciitis.
- Anatomical arch support and gel Orthotic insoles with ergonomic cushioning to soften every step and provide stability and support.
- A deeper toe box to accommodate Bunions and hammertoes for a more comfortable fit.
- The non-binding relaxed fit protects pressure points and reduces friction.
- A durable and slip resistant outsole providing excellent grip.
Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Dansko is well known for its supportive, comfortable design and therapeutic dress shoes that are perfect for every occasion.
- Full grain soft and supple leather uppers for a superior fit.
- A comfortable and supportive removable triple density footbed.
- The durable outsole is slip-resistant and lightweight.
- The lightweight polyurethane midsole ensures proper shock absorption and energy return.
Casual Dress Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
The Wade is a slip casual shoe and the Brighton is a casual dress shoe that is stylish and comfortable.
The Rollbar technology and stability features help to mask the pain of Plantar Fasciitis.
- This pair of shoes is made up of high-quality leather which is imported.
- The rubber soles of the shoes ensure that you get the best of the experience while you are wearing it.
- The Rollbar technology of this shoe is best for the stability, and you do not have to strain your feet because of Plantar Fasciitis.
- It helps to absorb all the shock and prevent any kind of tension that can to affect your feet arches and heels.
Oxford Shoe for Heel Spurs
Though it is considered to be a normal shoe, many customers suffering from heel spurs have found benefit from it. Here are a few features of this shoe.
- It is made from high-quality leather and is suede as far as the interiors are concerned.
- The sole is made of high-quality synthetic material. It is designed in such a way that it offers support to the heels and absorbs pressure from it to the extent possible.
- The heel is around 1.25 inches making it perfect for those suffering from heel spurs.
- It comes with a special removable and fully contoured ethylene vinyl chloride footbed. It also has an open cell mesh cover. This goes a long way in providing an additional layer of cushioning.
- The shoe has been designed in such a way that it allows a far better comfort and flexibility while on the move.
- It is very light and yet sturdy and tough which is an attribute that is liked by customers who suffer from heel spurs.
- The shoe looks very attractive and has splendid ergonomic features.
Heel Spur and Plantar Fasciitis Loafers
For comfort and casual style the Vionic Slip-On Loafers is easy and convenient slip-on shoes that provide orthotic support and comfort.
- soft and supple leather uppers for a more comfortable fit.
- A durable rubber outsole that ensures excellent grip and shock absorption.
- A removable comfort EVA orthotic insert for exceptional comfort and support.
- The Orthaheel technology and biomechanically designed arch support will provide all the support and comfort required for heel spurs and plantar fasciitis.
Slip On Dress Shoes for Heel Pain
The Vionic Eddy and Vionic Agile are comfortable and stylish casual slip-on shoes that will provide all-day comfort and support.
- Made from soft and supple leather with a leather midsole.
- A supportive and shock absorbing Biomechanical orthotic footbed.
- The durable rubber outsole aids in shock absorbency and provides excellent grip.
- A comfortable and casual shoe that can be worn every day to reduce pain and inflammation caused by Heel Spurs and Plantar Fasciitis.
Summary Table: Best Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes||Asics||97|
|2||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis||New Balance||96|
|3||Brooks® - Breathable Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe||Brooks||95|
|4||Asics® - Plantar Fascitis Running Shoes||Asics||94|
|5||Asics® - Normal to High Arch Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes||Asics||96|
|6||Salomon® - Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe||Salomon||94|
|1||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Fitness Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis||Orthofeet||97|
|2||New Balance® - Overweight Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Walk Shoe||New Balance||95|
|3||Vionic® - Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis||Vionic||95|
|4||Asics® - Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis||Asics||95|
|5||Skechers® - Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Walking Shoes||Skechers||97|
|1||Orthofeet® - Plantar Fasciitis Extra Wide Dress shoes||Orthofeet||95|
|2||Dansko® - Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis||Dansko||95|
|3||Dunham® - Casual Dress Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis||Dunham||96|
|4||Hush Puppies® - Oxford Shoe for Heel Spurs||Hush Puppies||97|
|5||Vionic® - Heel Spur and Plantar Fasciitis Loafers||Vionic||95|
|6||Vionic® - Slip On Dress Shoes for Heel Pain||Vionic||95|
Look No Further
You are sure to find the perfect walking shoe from the list mentioned above. As you can see, there are plenty of options in different styles and brands of walking shoes that will help to alleviate the pain and further damage that Plantar Fasciitis can cause.
Table of Contents
- What is Plantar Fasciitis
- Complications of Plantar Fasciitis
- Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Anatomy of a Good Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe
- Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes
- Running with Plantar Fasciitis
- Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Breathable Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe
- Plantar Fascitis Running Shoes
- Normal to High Arch Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoes
- Plantar Fasciitis Running Shoe
- Top Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Anatomy of a Good Plantar Fasciitis Walking Shoe
- Orthopedic Fitness Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- Overweight Flat Feet Plantar Fasciitis Walk Shoe
- Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Walking Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- Plantar Fasciitis Fitness Walking Shoes
- Best Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Features of Dress Shoes Designed for Heel Fascia Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis Extra Wide Dress shoes
- Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Casual Dress Shoe for Plantar Fasciitis
- Oxford Shoe for Heel Spurs
- Heel Spur and Plantar Fasciitis Loafers
- Slip On Dress Shoes for Heel Pain
- Summary Table: Best Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Look No Further