The high arch condition is tough to deal with when it comes to problems with your feet and makes shopping for shoes particularly challenging.
However, there are many options for those who need walking shoes, work shoes, running shoes, or even sandals that fit high arches.
What is High Arch?
Also known as cavus foot, a high arch is a condition where the foot has a high arch because of excessive weight that has been placed on the heel, the ball, or even both, of the foot.
This damage is typically done while the person is standing or walking in the wrong shoes. A high arch can and does develop in any age group and can occur in both feet.
High-arch, interestingly enough, is twice more prevalent in women who wear high-heeled shoes regularly, especially heels that are not correct for their feet, but this condition is common in men, too.
Medical conditions, especially cerebral palsy, can cause a high arch. It’s also often caused by neurological disorders, spina bifida, polio, Charcot-Maria-Tooth disease, and even a stroke that can cause this condition, as well. Inherited structural abnormalities are also some of the main reasons for a high arch foot.
Symptoms of High Arch
The most common symptoms for high arch foot are:
- Heel Pain – Heel pain while walking or standing, also known as Plantar Fasciitis
- Stability Issues – Instability and loss of balance.
- Foot deformities – Foot deforming conditions such as Hammertoes or claw toes.
- Callouses – Calluses on the side, heel or ball of the foot.
- Weaker Ankles – Random ankle sprains because of the heel tilting inward and causing the foot to become unstable.
A foot drop, which is a weakness of the muscles and the ankle, is also widespread and can cause a person to have a high arch to drag their feet whenever they take a step. The weakness of ankle muscle symptoms is more prevalent for those with underlying neurological conditions on top of a high arch.
The Importance of Proper Arch Support in Footwear
Anyone who is suffering from high arches needs to be prepared for a struggle when it comes to shoes. Wearing proper footwear if you are suffering from a high arch is essential to dealing with the pain.
- Why Support Your Feet properly? – Supporting your feet properly to accommodate the high arches during the day, while at work, school, or anywhere you go is incredibly important because you must distribute the bodyweight on your feet instead of exposing excessive pressure on your heel.
- Shoe Features for High Arch Support – There are special shoes that help those suffering from high arch to get back to their daily lives and routine without paying over the top at the same time. These unique shoes have higher tops, with extra cushion and support to help those suffering walk better without dragging the foot.
- Cushioning for High Arches – Padding or Cushioning and arch support along with a heel pad are the best features for the right shoe for high arches. A higher arch naturally requires more cushioning to reduce shock, particularly in the heel and forefoot area.
- Unsupportive Shoes – Not wearing shoes that support your high arch condition could worsen the foot further.
- It will put more pressure on that foot and make accidents more realistic. You run the risk of causing ankle sprains because of the foot’s awkwardness and how tilted it becomes with high arches. The Condition will gradually worsen if you do not wear the proper footwear, and you will also have to deal with massive amounts of pain throughout the day.
Features of a Good Athletic Shoe for a High Arch
- Uppers – Breathable and lightweight upppers with either leather, mesh or suynthetic materails.
- Midsole – Supportive and cushioned EVA or Air Foam midsole that offers stability and structural support.
- Insole – Cushioned and arch supportive insole. A removable insole is ideal so that you can use your won orthotics.
- Outsole – High Abrasion rubber that offers good traction.
- Other – Stability featuress and motion control features aid to pervent excessive pronation.
Reviews: Best Running and Walking Shoes for High Arches
We have researched and reviewed some of the top brands of athletic shoes that work best with higher arched feet;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Shoe for High Arch Support
- This shoe uses GEL-Cushioning technology that reduces the shock during impact, allowing for a smooth transition throughout your stride.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL-Cushioning system that provides excellent high arch support.
- Support for people with Under Pronation to Neutral supination
- Perfect fit with excellent arch support. Asics made the ideal blend of comfort and stability.
- This shoe has excellent cushioning and shock absorption due to the Exoskeletal heel counter that stabilizes the heel.
High Arch Support Shoe
- They support the foot firmly, look great with jeans and a T-shirt, and will last you for years.
- The toe box is spacious, which lets the toes carry more weight – a constructive way to help ease the heel’s pain and pressure – recommended for people with high arches.
- This shoe is extremely light at 292 grams (10.2 oz) for men and only 247 grams for the women’s version.
- The New Balance 1080 packs in a lot of cushioning, with the ACTEVA LITE midsole – 24% lighter than standard foam.
- The additional cushioning underfoot is achieved via the Ortholite Sockliner.
- It has a skeletal engineered upper that provides ultralight support and fit.
- This shoe is created by fusing two fragile materials with a no-sew process.
- An easy match for all kinds of casual favorites, from Bermuda shorts to jeans to khakis.
- They are very light and quite easy to wear.
- They are exquisite looking and made of quality lightweight and breathable material.
- A comfortable footbed and a durable outsole.
Running Shoes for High Arches
- A human-made shoe specially designed for those who have normal to high arch feet.
- It comes with unique deep forefoot grooves that help those who have high arches.
- It also has a well-designed HydraMAX collar lining, which helps absorb shock.
- The sock liner has been very intelligently designed, keeping specific needs and requirements in mind.
- The individual SRC impact zone is of great value and utility for those who suffer from a high arch.
- It weighs 9.9 oz, very light, and suitable for users with feet problems.
- The IBR+ outsole is also something that has to be taken into account.
Normal to High Arch Running Shoe in Narrow Widths
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers with 3D fit overlays for structural support and a more lightweight fit.
- A stretch TPU cage provides a more flexible fit.
- The full-length DNA midsole ensures maximum cushioning and shock absorption, as well as energy return.
- A segmented crash pad absorbs shock and provides smoother transitions.
- The rounded heel helps align force through the ankle joint center, reducing stress on the feet and lower limbs.
- The Brooks Glycerin is finished off with a fully articulated outsole that is flexible and made from blown rubber for lightweight cushioning and excellent grip.
- It has a few more color options available.
Supportive Running Shoes for a High Arch
- The Nike Air Pegasus features soft and flexible mesh uppers that are breathable and lightweight.
- The cushioned midsole and insole provide a plush and soft, shock-absorbent ride with every step that you take.
- Nike Air Zoom units deflect impact effectively and also aids in cushioning the foot.
- The durable rubber outsole provides a long-lasting grip and excellent traction.
- The Nike Air Pegasus is available in many vibrant colors.
Running Shoe for a High Arched Foot
- A brightly colored running shoe with seamless mesh uppers and rising sun-inspired overlays for a breathable and comfortable fit.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning and a discreet heel unit absorb shock and provides a secure fit and heel support.
- The removable insole provides excellent comfort and support, and the fluidRide bounce back cushioning system returns energy to the feet.
- The Asics Gel Kinsei has a few color designs available.
High Arch Running Shoes
- Fabric and synthetic uppers that are durable, lightweight, and breathable.
- It provides light stability and a supportive GLEXFILM exoskeleton.
- The Dual Density EVA midsole ensures proper shock absorption and comfort.
- With the SRC Landing Zone and TriFlex outsole, you are assured to run with comfort and great support.
Wave Technology Running Shoes for High Arches
- Synthetic uppers that feature a Dynamotion Fit, with an anatomical lacing system for the most comfortable and secure fit.
- The Infinity Wave heel-to-toe cushioning provides luxurious comfort and much-needed support.
- The Mizuno Wave Prophecy has the unique SmoothRide technology for the best running experience of your life.
- Trust the Mizuno Wave Prophecy for a smooth, dynamic, and propulsive ride!
Here are some of the top walking shoes for high arches available on the market, which will help you to keep your high arch under control
Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes
- Lightweight and seamless construction for a more comfortable fit.
- Heel support and a soft rubber sole with a rigid shank for best high arch support.
- Reinforced counter for the best stability while walking.
- Available in a triple width system with two removable spacer insoles to customize width and depth.
- Available in different patterns, colors, sizes, and widths.
Walking Shoes for High Arches
- The removable padded insole and ABZORB cushioning provide excellent support and comfort, particularly for those with a higher arch.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh and synthetic leather uppers.
- A non-marking outsole that features Walking Strike Path technology.
- Comfortable, durable, and affordable.
Gel Cushioned High Arch Walking Shoes
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable with a moisture-wicking lining.
- Inside is a cushioned insole and a supportive midsole.
- GE is cushioning in the heel area for additional shock absorbency.
- These shoes are available in many color options from which you can choose.
High Arch Walking Shoes
- This shoe has an injection-molded EVA midsole and a 13 mm heel offset; both are proven to be very useful for arch support and inflamed toes and fingers.
- It has reflective detailing to enhance your visibility when walking in the evenings.
- The rubber outsole guarantees you for long life even under rough use.
- This shoe has the Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500 and may be eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
Best Tennis Shoe for High Arches
- This court sneaker has a flexible, synthetic leather and textile upper for better breathability.
- With a PGuard toe protector and padded tongue and collar to help cushion your strides.
- They are light, comfortable, and long-lasting tennis shoes.
- You can expect to experience better overall footwork on the Tennis court, faster court speed, and less ankle pain since using these shoes.
- It comes with underfoot support using forefoot GEL cushioning.
High Arch Walking Shoes
- Textile uppers with a breathable knit.
- A cushioned air-cooled memory foam insole for comfort and support.
- Flexible rubber sole that is lightweight and supportive.
- Available in a few neutral and pastel color selections.
Walking and Running Shoe for High Arches
- Synthetic leather and mesh inset uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A cushioned and energizing footbed for shock absorbency and comfort.
- Durable and flexible rubber outsole for walking and running.
- There is BioMoGo DNA technology for shock absorbency in the midsole.
Trail Walking and Running Shoe for High Arches
- The upper consist of durable leather and mesh for breathability.
- The uppers are likewise water-resistant.
- The is a Bellow tongue to keep water, debris, and dirt out of the shoe.
- The sole is a Vibram rubber sole with a trail-specific tread.
- There is also a protective rubber toe cap.
- The Merrell Moab Vent 2 is available in many neutral colors from which you can choose.
High Arch Support Walking Shoe
- The Upper is a soft textile material that is light and breathable.
- Inside is 5gen cushioning and a Goga NMax support system providing good support for high arches.
- The shoe is lightweight and very convenient to slip on and off.
- Furthermore, there are also many color options available from which you can choose.
High Arch Support Sandals for Walking
- The uppers are a soft textile material, and plenty of colors are available.
- A bungee lace-up system allows for a more adjustable fit and comfort.
- Inside is a soft EVA cushioned footbed with a contoured and arch support design.
- The lightweight rubber sole is flexible and durable.
High Arch Walking Shoes
- The shoe is very lightweight and well-cushioned.
- Inside is a cushioned Ortholite sock liner for comfort, and there is a foamy AmpliFoam midsole for shock absorbency.
- Added Gel in the heel provides heel cushioning and impact protection.
- The outsole is a durable and high traction rubber with a lug tread.
Learning to Live With High Arch
It can be challenging to walk and run when you suffer from a high arch, but when you find the perfect pair of shoes that help your foot be comfortable and free of pain, it will make everything that much sweeter.
Keep in mind that if you invest in the proper pair of shoes to help with your high arch, even if they are a little out of your budget, you will never regret it.
Wearing the proper shoes to support your arch correctly is the best way to keep your foot from becoming worse and will spare you many injuries in the future.
Index Table: Top Rated Athletic Shoes for High Arches
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Shoe for High Arch Support||Nimbus 22||Nimbus 22||Asics||97|
|2||New Balance® - High Arch Support Shoe||M1080v10||W1080v10||New Balance||97|
|3||Saucony® - Running Shoes for High Arches||Ride 13||Ride 13||Saucony||94|
|4||Brooks® - Normal to High Arch Running Shoe in Narrow Widths||Glycerin 17||Glycerin 17||Brooks||96|
|5||Nike® - Supportive Running Shoes for a High Arch||Pegasus 35||Pegasus 35||Nike||96|
|6||Asics® - Running Shoe for a High Arched Foot||Kinsei OG||Kinsei OG||Asics||95|
|7||Saucony® - High Arch Running Shoes||Guide 10||Guide 10||Saucony||96|
|8||Mizuno® - Wave Technology Running Shoes for High Arches||Prophecy 7||Prophecy 7||Mizuno||94|
|9||Vionic® - Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes||Fulton||Kona||Vionic||97|
|10||New Balance® - Walking Shoes for High Arches||MW877||WW877||New Balance||96|
|11||Asics® - Gel Cushioned High Arch Walking Shoes||Gel-Foundation 13||Gel-Foundation 13||Asics||96|
|12||New Balance® - High Arch Walking Shoes||MW577||WW577||New Balance||94|
|13||Asics® - Best Tennis Shoe for High Arches||Gel Game 7||Gel Game 7||Asics||97|
|14||Skechers Sport® - High Arch Walking Shoes||Elite Flex||Ultra Flex||Skechers Sport||96|
|15||Brooks® - Walking and Running Shoe for High Arches||Launch 7||Launch 7||Brooks||98|
|16||Merrell® - Trail Walking and Running Shoe for High Arches||Moab Vent 2||Moab vent 2||Merrell||98|
|17||Skechers® - High Arch Support Walking Shoe||Go Walk 5 Slip On||Go Walk 5 Slip On||Skechers||97.8|
|18||Dream Pairs® - High Arch Support Sandals for Walking||Adventurous||Adventurous||Dream Pairs||98|
|19||Asics® - High Arch Walking Shoes||Gel Excite 7||Gel Excite 7||Asics||97|
Table of Contents
- What is High Arch?
- Symptoms of High Arch
- The Importance of Proper Arch Support in Footwear
- Features of a Good Athletic Shoe for a High Arch
- Reviews: Best Running and Walking Shoes for High Arches
- Shoe for High Arch Support
- High Arch Support Shoe
- Running Shoes for High Arches
- Normal to High Arch Running Shoe in Narrow Widths
- Supportive Running Shoes for a High Arch
- Running Shoe for a High Arched Foot
- High Arch Running Shoes
- Wave Technology Running Shoes for High Arches
- Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes
- Walking Shoes for High Arches
- Gel Cushioned High Arch Walking Shoes
- High Arch Walking Shoes
- Best Tennis Shoe for High Arches
- High Arch Walking Shoes
- Walking and Running Shoe for High Arches
- Trail Walking and Running Shoe for High Arches
- High Arch Support Walking Shoe
- High Arch Support Sandals for Walking
- High Arch Walking Shoes
- Learning to Live With High Arch
- Index Table: Top Rated Athletic Shoes for High Arches