Finding comfortable work shoes for flat feet is quite a difficult task.
Ordinary shoes fail to offer the right support to the flat feet, and that is why walking or even standing at work can be quite uncomfortable.
Wearing the wrong shoe, which is not meant for your feet, can be very painful for you.
You need the right shoes while walking, standing, or climbing stairs while you’re at work.
Some Interesting Facts about Flat Feet
- The latest statistics show that 25% of the total population in America has flat feet.
- Many manufacturers are now producing exclusive shoes for the people having flat feet.
- The right shoes will make sure that your feet are in the right position.
- Flat feet are among the highest risks of having an ankle or knee injury.
- Shoes with adaptive inner sole can re-align your foot actively, along with the change in foot position.
Flat Feet Development
- Flat Feet in Children – You will notice that in infants, flat feet are a normal part of development as baby fat usually masks the developing arch until it can develop fully. A human arch develops during childhood forming part of the healthy muscle, tendon, ligament, and bone growth process. Using foot training and walking barefoot on various terrain, the arches will generally create and will start to develop by the age of four to six years. To check if your child is suffering from fallen arches or a flat foot, you can regularly check whether your child walks only or clumsily. A child that complains about calf muscle pain, arch pain, or any other type of foot pain may either be developing or already have flat feet.
Flat Feet In Adults – Walking barefoot over different terrain can be beneficial for everyone except people who have flat feet or related conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis.
Ligament Laxity – One of the less common factors related to flat feet is ligament laxity. Studies have shown that children who walked barefoot when growing up or who wore sandals and slippers developed had more robust longitudinal arches and were less likely to develop flat feet than those who wore closed-toe shoes.
Flat feet Causes – Always wearing shoes throughout childhood can be detrimental to the health and development of a normal or high medial longitudinal arch. If a child wears shoes most of the time and has associated ligament laxity, their chances of developing flat feet increase drastically. Flat feet are usually a symptom of either a genetic musculoskeletal condition such as dyspraxia, ligamentous laxity, or hypermobility. There are many other reasons for the development of flat feet in adults, such as medical conditions, foot injuries, and one of the main causes being obesity.
Features of a Good Work Shoe for Flat feet
- Construction – Comfortable and durable construction.
- Flexibility – A stiff outer sole and does not bend in the middle.
- Support – Good arch support and a cushioned insole.A stability or motion control shoe depending on the type and amount of pronation.
- Safety features – Specific requirements as a work shoe such as slip resistance, steel toe, and other safety features.
- Slip resistance – A durable and shock absorbing outsole that provides a good grip.
Reviews: Best Work Shoes for Flat Feet
Depending on the type of work you have:
With one of the shoes from this list of, the best work shoes for flat feet, your problem can be solved:
Comfort Office Work Shoes for Flat Feet
A comfortable and supportive work shoe perfect for a professional environment.
- This is a formal shoe made of leather and with the sole is of rubber.
- It consists of Orthotic support, which is the contoured orthotic insole.
- It also has gel padding near the heels.
- It helps to alleviate the pain of the feet and also enhances the comfort of the entire feet.
- The cushioned sole is light weighted and helps to take soft steps.
- It is perfect for the flat feet, and the formal look of this shoe is just excellent for office wear.
- The soft, padded, and seam-free lining design eliminated the pressure or strain on any points.
- This also helps to reduce friction with the skin.
Classic Elegant Office Shoes for Flat Feet
Here’s Why We Recommend These Shoes:
These shoes are classic and comfortable to wear.
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review
■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- the Ortholite® footbed provides cushioning and support for low arches.
- Available colors are black or brown for men, while the women’s version has more than 10.
- These shoes are very comfortable being one of the best dress shoes for flat feet.
- Wide widths and various sizes make sure you’ll get the best fit for your feet.
- Stylish shoes that are the perfect match for everyone who is looking for classic office work shoes.
Walking Flat Feet Work Shoes
The New Balance 928 is a motion-control shoe for people with flat feet.
- The forefoot and rear Hydroflow provides great cushioning support as well as a great shock absorbing power.
- It is made up of high-quality full-grain leather for the best comfort, and also it will feel soft on your feet.
- If you are looking for an ideal walking shoe for your flat feet while at work, then this is the one which you should try.
Athletic Casual Shoe for Flat Feet
Highly durable shoe, an excellent choice for overweight people with flat feet.
- The New Balance 1540 has symmetrical ROLLBAR technology for the ultimate in both lateral and medial rearfoot stability; it is one of few New Balance Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis.
- Made from high-quality leather, it is very comfortable and breathable.
- Traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
- A great option of wider widths provides a stable base and motion control.
- Natural rubber soles, increase grip and helps distribute the foot’s weight evenly, thus, preventing injuries.
Steel-Toe Flat Feet Work Boots
Caterpillar Steel Toe is one of the best work boots for flat feet.
- It is a boot, and you will, of course, need these kinds of boots for going to the office.
- These are comfortable and excellent for walking.
- This shoe is made up of leather, and the sole is of rubber.
- It is a durable and comfortable waterproof boot by Cat, which you can wear for work.
- The shoe is made up of 100% waterproof leather.
- This boot has 200 grams of insulation, which keep the feet warm.
Flat Feet Work Boots
This is one of the best boots for going to work.
- It is extremely comfortable and made, especially for the people who have flat feet.
- It is made up of 100% leather and is waterproof.
- Rubber sole helps to walk on the streets and even on smooth surfaces comfortably.
- The outsole has compression pads molded for absorbing the different types of shock.
- High-quality leather in these boots with extreme moisture-resistant power.
- Overall the design is really great and looks cool even for the office.
Flat Feet Work Shoes
- The cushioned EVA midsole offers excellent stability and shock absorbency.
- Lightweight and soft leather uppers.
- Features the popular ABSORB technology for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- Ensures a soft and protected Giat function.
Wide Width Flat Feet Work Shoes
- Soft and flexible uppers with a non-binding and extra depth design.
- An anatomical arch support and Gel Ortyhhotic insole.
- The toe box is roomier for comfort and freedom of movement.
- A durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
Industrail Flat Feet Work Boots
- A stylish and professional-looking ASTM rated work boot model for men and women.
- A durable and slip-resistant Vulcanized rubber outsole.
- Electrical hazard safe materials.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers.
- Smooth moisture-wicking interior linings and a cushioned footbed.
Work Shoe for Flat Feet
The Merrell Jungle Moc Toe is an industrial-style work shoe that is durable and comfortable.
- A slip-on design and a very versatile style for all work occupations.
- The uppers consist of full-grain leather that is water-resistant and comfortable.
- A dual elastic gore allows for easy entry and a proper fit.
- The durable rubber outsole is both oil and slip-resistant.
Lightweight Work Shoe for Flat Feet
From Skechers, we have these athletic-style work shoes that are lightweight and breathable for a less formal work environment.
- The uppers consist of breathable and light mesh with synthetic overlays.
- There is a comfortable memory foam insole and ample cushioning for shock absorbency.
- The outsole is slip and oil resistant, as well as meeting ASTM standards.
- These shoes are available in solid black color options, which should be perfect to fit with any uniform.
Cloudstepper Work Shoe for Flat Feet
The Tunsil and Sillian Paz from Clarks are more formal and sophisticated style work shoes with Cloudsteeper comfort features.
- The uppers consist of smooth leather with fabric linings.
- There is Cloudsteeper comfort technology in the footbed for cushioning and an Ortholite footbed.
- The Insole is also removable so that you can use your own orthotic devices.
- Stretch Gore panels at the sides allow for easy entry and a snug fit.
- A durable rubber outsole rounds the shoe off with superb traction and slip resistance.
Comfortable Flat feet Work Shoes
The Skechers Sure Track Trickel and Felton are two comfortable and supportive work shoes for all environments.
- Both shoes have leather uppers and a lace-up closure.
- You can also get both models in wider width selections and another color option.
- The Felton and Sure Track have a removable memory foam insole as well as a shock-absorbing Midsole.
- The Sure Track features Electrical Hazard safe materials while the Felton has a Nitrile rubber outsole that is OSHA compliant.
Athletic Work Shoes for Flat Feet
The New Balance 706V2 is the perfect Athletic Work shoe for individuals who have flat feet.
- The Upper is leather and synthetic and offers a comfortable fit with a roomy toe box.
- There are wider width options available if required.
- The C-CAP midsole and Walking Strike Path Technology provides excellent support and shock absorbency.
- There is also a durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
Washable Flat Feet Work Shoes
The Propet wash n Wear is a slip-on work shoe with a removable footbed allowing you the use of your own orthotics.
- The uppers are a selection of smooth or suede leather available in a few neutral color options.
- The shoe is fully washable and quick drying.
- There is no metal in either model so they are safe and comfortable.
- The sole is a Slip resistant Durable rubber.
- You can remove the cushioned footbed to use your own customized orthotics.
Choose one of these exceptional work shoes suited to your specific environment to provide the appropriate support and comfort for a flatter foot.
Every one of the selected shoes has its unique features for specific work environments, along with many excellent comforts and support features to provide you with the stability and control required for overpronation and the support for a flat foot.
Summary Table: Top Work Shoes for Flat Feet
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Orthofeet® - Comfort Office Work Shoes for Flat Feet||Orthofeet||97.6|
|2||Clarks® - Classic Elegant Office Shoes for Flat Feet||Clarks||95|
|3||New Balance® - Walking Flat Feet Work Shoes||New Balance||94|
|4||New Balance® - Athletic Casual Shoe for Flat Feet||New Balance||95|
|5||Caterpillar® - Steel-Toe Flat Feet Work Boots||Caterpillar||94|
|6||Wolverine® - Flat Feet Work Boots||Wolverine||96|
|7||Dunham® - Flat Feet Work Shoes||Dunham||96|
|8||Orthofeet® - Wide Width Flat Feet Work Shoes||Orthofeet||98|
|8||Florsheim® - Industrail Flat Feet Work Boots||Florsheim||97|
|9||Merrell® - Work Shoe for Flat Feet||Merrell||97.2|
|10||Skechers® - Lightweight Work Shoe for Flat Feet||Skechers||96|
|11||Clarks® - Cloudstepper Work Shoe for Flat Feet||Clarks||97.8|
|12||Skechers® - Comfortable Flat feet Work Shoes||Skechers||97.8|
|13||New Balance® - Athletic Work Shoes for Flat Feet||New Balance||96.6|
|14||Propet® - Washable Flat Feet Work Shoes||Propet||97|
Table of Contents
- Some Interesting Facts about Flat Feet
- Flat Feet Development
- Features of a Good Work Shoe for Flat feet
- Reviews: Best Work Shoes for Flat Feet
- Comfort Office Work Shoes for Flat Feet
- Classic Elegant Office Shoes for Flat Feet
- Walking Flat Feet Work Shoes
- Athletic Casual Shoe for Flat Feet
- Steel-Toe Flat Feet Work Boots
- Flat Feet Work Boots
- Flat Feet Work Shoes
- Wide Width Flat Feet Work Shoes
- Industrail Flat Feet Work Boots
- Work Shoe for Flat Feet
- Lightweight Work Shoe for Flat Feet
- Cloudstepper Work Shoe for Flat Feet
- Comfortable Flat feet Work Shoes
- Athletic Work Shoes for Flat Feet
- Washable Flat Feet Work Shoes
- To Conclude
- Summary Table: Top Work Shoes for Flat Feet