With some specific exercises, you can get relief from your bad knee condition.
Walking without the right gear or overdoing some exercises, can strain your knees, making the situation worse for you.
You need to be careful and use particular shoes while doing any activity.
Health Issues Related to Knees
There are many factors related to bad knees, it can be anything like:
- Torn Ligaments.
- Muscle Imbalance.
- Meniscal Injuries.
- Tendon Injuries.
- Many other medical conditions.
In any of these cases, if you do not wear the right shoes or walk too much it can make bad knees, get even worse.
If the situation gets worse, you will face accelerated pain while walking or standing.
You must look for a special kind of shoes which will help you to walk without straining your knees.
With the advance in shoe’s technology – many shoes today can resist all forms of shocks and give you the appropriate support and deflect any strain from your knees.
These correct shoes will provide a pleasant walking and standing experience.
Anatomy of a Good Shoe for Bad Knees
The choice of a shoe for bad knees will depend on your foot type and stride, if you supinate or pronate and how high or low your arches are. For running where there is a lot of hard impacts on your feet strong arch support, cushioning and good shock absorption is a necessity.
The main features to look at are;
- Strong heel support such as a heel cup.
- Good Arch support.
- Soft Cushioning.
- Good Shock absorption.
In general these features work well for all foot types and strides with bad knees.
Here are the best shoes for bad knees you should get for in case you have knee problems:
Best Running Shoes for Knee Pain1
Normal to High Arch Runners & Bad Knees
This new model of the Nimbus uses GEL-Cushioning technology to absorb the foot stride’s impact shock.
- Better Arch support thanks to Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL-Cushioning system, makes it one of the top running shoes.
- Perfect Fit achieved with the combination of multi-directional stretch mesh, stretch reinforcements, and FluidFit technology.
- These are hands down the most comfortable shoes in their category.
- This shoe has a Heel Clutching System to stabilize the heel and to provide excellent cushioning and shock absorption, hence minimizing the impact of shocks on your knees.
Motion Control Flat Feet Running Shoe
The New Balance 1540 is a flat foot running shoe that has a unique shock absorption outsole.
- Comfortable and breathable synthetic leather uppers with mesh inserts.
- A durable high traction BLOWN rubber outsole for extra shock absorption.
- Motion control technology with ROLLBAR technology aids in foot stability and eliminate overpronation.
Anatomical Knee Pain Running Shoes
A feature-rich running shoe that goes a long way in making it a wonderful and arguably one of the best shoes for Bad Knees.
These features making it a great shoe for treating both mild and moderate symptoms associated with Knee Pain:
Here are Reviews for the Men’s Model and Here are Reviews for the Women’s Model.
- Cushioning and Energy Return features which help to reduce the impact on the knees.
- It helps in stability and better grip which is considered critical for treating problems associated with knees.
- It has the unique Cloud-Wave Technology that offers the perfect amount of softness in a lightweight ride.
Best Walking Shoes for Knee Pain1
Orthofeet Shoe for Knee Pain
This classic craftsmanship and sophisticated style are the finest quality in a comfort shoe.
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, provide many protective and comfort features.
- This shoe has Ortho-Cushion™ Technology that takes a new approach to pain relief and delivering true comfort.
- Patented biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the knee helping to relieve pain and slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Characterized by degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within a joint, osteoarthritis is more common in the knees.
- Developed in association with Rheumatology experts.
- Flex-OA footwear is clinically proven to reduce the load on the knees by 20% on average.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow a normal motion to occur.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement that typically lost with modern footwear.
- The effect is a measured and proven reduction in load on the knees, a leading cause of OA-related knee pain.
Wide Athletic Walking Shoes for Knee Pain
This is a high-quality walking shoe from New Balance, made in the USA.
Here are Reviews for the Men’s Model and Here are Reviews for the Women’s Model.
- It comes with ABSORB midsole to deliver arch support, foot stability and the first level of cushioning.
- The quality durable rubber soles deliver comfort and second level of cushioning.
- Stylish appearance but yet not too flashy.
- Wide toe box: up to 4E in men’s version and a 2E in the women’s shoe version.
Bad Knee Shoe Recommended for Osteoarthritis
This shoe is highly recommended for the ones who suffer from knee pain.
- These shoes have a built-in rollbar which is great for Patellar Tendinitis.
- It is made up of pure leather, and the sole is made of rubber.
- This also offers motion-control technology, which is highly comfortable with supportive cushioning.
- This will provide ultimate relief to any of your knee pains. Even with the help of this, you can walk a lot without straining your knees at all.
Slip-On Walking Shoes for Bad Knees
Skechers are quite popular because of their flexibility and comfort.
- It provides a natural stride when you will walk wearing this.
- It is highly popular and beneficial, especially for those who have knee pain.
- The sole is made up of rubber and has three-layer protections against any kinds of weather.
- It is extremely light in weight, which is a great thing for the people having bad knee problems.
- It is also equipped with a full-length Goga Mat with energy insole.
Athletic Walking Knee Pain Sneakers
This is one of the best walking shoes for bad knees which is made up of synthetic and mesh.
- Even the sole is totally man made which is a great thing.
- The shoes are made up of Web-last technology that has made it easier for the people with knee pain.
- It helps to protect your body when you are walking or standing.
- It helps to reduce the strain on your knees.
- This is something very much essential for the people having bad knees.
- The insoles are removable, and you can insert custom orthotics instead.
Bad Knees Fitness Shoe
These shoes look weird and bulky but have unbelievable comfort feel.
- Built with quality in mind while paying extra attention to its midsole alleviate knee pain.
- Heavy people have a greater chance of suffering from knee pain; This shoe can carry even the heaviest people standing on their feet all day long by utilizing a grippy rubber sole that delivers excellent traction via the OSHA compliant slip resistant outsole.
- It comes with variable width sizes that offer extra room for your toes.
- This shoe has a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe and provide better weight impact distribution on your knees.
- It is very comfortable from the first-wear (out of the box) and still has a ridged stable feeling.
Best Dress Shoes for Knee Pain1
Dress Shoes for Sore Knees
These shoes are stylish and fashionable in look.
- Perfect to wear to the office, on a date, or to a semi-casual event.
- You can choose from a wide range of sizes as well as widths.
- These shoes are very comfortable, to wear for work, along with a professional look.
- Made from high-quality leather.
- Rubber soles that are quite thick in nature, giving excellent cushioning.
- EVA Midsole gives you a better posture while standing.
Best Hiking Shoes for Knee Pain1
Hiking Shoe for Bad Knees
This is another excellent choice for those who from bad knees.
- With the help of shock absorbing air cushion heel you can get a strain-free walk.
- Walking in these shoes will not affect your knees at all.
- The sticky Vibram outsole will give an extra cushioning benefit.
- Even M-select Fresh helps to prevent the formation of odor.
- M-select DRY technology helps to prevent moisture formation.
Best Tennis Shoes for Knee Pain1
Best Tennis Shoes for Bad Knees
Built for the Tennis game, this shoe will improve your stability and comfort during the game.
- This tennis court sneaker has a flexible, synthetic leather and textile upper for better breathability.
- With a PGuard toe protector and padded tongue and collar to help cushion your strides and ease the pain from your knees.
- Underfoot support comes from forefoot GEL cushioning.
- These shoes are light, comfortable, and long-lasting tennis shoes.
- In the Tennis court, you can expect to experience a better overall footwork, faster court speed, and less knee pain, simply by wearing these shoes.
Best Sandals for Knee Pain1
Slingback Best Bad Knees Sandal
The Birkenstock Milano be very suitable for those who suffer from various stages of knee arthritis.
- Made by hand from a pure leather.
- Rubber soles of this sandal add to shock absorbing.
- Uniquely designed to fit anatomically to the shape of the foot.
- The cork midsole over time get the shape of the bottom of your foot and help absorb shocks for those suffering from knee pain.
- The unique and specially designed deep heel cup and arch support stabilize your feet and ankle.
- A specially designed, original cork midsole, which provides support and stability.
Best Flip Flop for Knee Pain
The Vionic Wave is a comfortable and lightweight toe post sandal that has a supportive EVA midsole and is available in a wider width.
- Soft mesh webbing uppers with a jersey knit lining that are lightly padded.
- A durable rubber sole for good grip on slippery and wet surfaces.
- The medium density EVA footbed with textured pads offers comfort and shock absorption.
- A waterproof construction to keep your feet dry.
- A lightweight and supportive flip-flop sandal.
- Available in a few color varieties.
Best Accessories for Knee Pain1
Knee Pain Sleeve
The Bauerfeind is a comfortable and flexible knee brace sleeve to help with knee pain and knee injuries.
- Constructed to provide knee support and stability as well as to allow for maximum mobility and stay durable.
- Provides relief from pain associated with many medical conditions such as arthritis and knee sprains.
- Manufactured from non-irritating materials so will not chafe or itch.
Relieve knee pain and strengthen your knees by wearing the correct footwear that provides good support and shock absorption. With a well-cushioned and supportive shoe, there is less impact on the knees.
Index Table: Best Shoes for Bad Knees
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||ASICS® - Normal to High Arch Runners & Bad Knees||ASICS||98|
|2||New Balance® - Motion Control Flat Feet Running Shoe||New Balance||96|
|3||Mizuno® - Anatomical Knee Pain Running Shoes||Mizuno||97|
|1||Orthofeet® - Orthofeet Shoe for Knee Pain||Orthofeet||97|
|2||New Balance® - Wide Athletic Walking Shoes for Knee Pain||New Balance||94|
|3||New Balance® - Bad Knee Shoe Recommended for Osteoarthritis||New Balance||96|
|4||Skechers® - Slip-On Walking Shoes for Bad Knees||Skechers||95|
|5||Gravity Defyer® - Athletic Walking Knee Pain Sneakers||Gravity Defyer||95|
|6||Skechers® - Bad Knees Fitness Shoe||Skechers||95|
|1||Clarks® - Dress Shoes for Sore Knees||Clarks||94|
|1||Merrell® - Hiking Shoe for Bad Knees||Merrell||95|
|1||ASICS® - Best Tennis Shoes for Bad Knees||ASICS||95|
|1||Birkenstock® - Slingback Best Bad Knees Sandal||Birkenstock||95|
|2||Vionic® - Best Flip Flop for Knee Pain||Vionic||94|
|1||Bauerfeind® - Knee Pain Sleeve||Bauerfeind||96|
Table of Contents
- Health Issues Related to Knees
- Anatomy of a Good Shoe for Bad Knees
- Best Running Shoes for Knee Pain
- Best Walking Shoes for Knee Pain
- Orthofeet Shoe for Knee Pain
- Wide Athletic Walking Shoes for Knee Pain
- Bad Knee Shoe Recommended for Osteoarthritis
- Slip-On Walking Shoes for Bad Knees
- Athletic Walking Knee Pain Sneakers
- Bad Knees Fitness Shoe
- Best Dress Shoes for Knee Pain
- Best Hiking Shoes for Knee Pain
- Best Tennis Shoes for Knee Pain
- Best Sandals for Knee Pain
- Best Accessories for Knee Pain
- To Conclude
- Index Table: Best Shoes for Bad Knees