We review here the best shoes for bad knees, to choose from as needed.
With some specific exercises, you can get relief from your bad knee condition.
Walking without the right gear or overdoing some exercises can strain your knees, making the situation worse for you.
You need to be careful and use particular shoes while doing any activity.
Health Issues Related to Knees
There are many factors related to bad knees, it can be anything like:
- Torn Ligaments.
- Muscle Imbalance.
- Meniscal Injuries.
- Tendon Injuries.
- Many other medical conditions.
If you do not wear the right shoes or walk too much in any of these cases, it can make bad knees get even worse.
If the situation gets worse, you will face accelerated pain while walking or standing.
You must look for a special kind of shoes that will help you walk without straining your knees.
With the advance in shoe technology – many shoes today can resist all forms of shocks and give you the appropriate support and deflect any strain from your knees.
These correct shoes will provide a pleasant walking and standing experience.
Anatomy of a Good Shoe for Bad Knees
The choice of a shoe for bad knees will depend on your foot type and stride if you supinate or pronate and how high or low your arches are. For running, where there are many hard impacts on your feet, strong arch support, cushioning, and good shock absorption are necessary.
The main features to look at are;
- Strong heel support such as a heel cup.
- Good Arch support.
- Soft Cushioning.
- Good Shock absorption.
In general, these features work well for all foot types and strides with bad knees.
Here are the best shoes for bad knees you should get in case you have knee problems:
Best Running Shoes for Knee Pain1
Normal to High Arch Runners & Bad Knees
- Thanks to Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL-Cushioning system, Better Arch support makes it one of the top running shoes.
- Perfect Fit is achieved with the combination of multi-directional stretch mesh, stretch reinforcements, and FluidFit technology.
- These are hands down the most comfortable shoes in their category.
- This shoe has a Heel Clutching System to stabilize the heel and provide excellent cushioning and shock absorption, minimizing the impact of shocks on your knees.
Motion Control Flat Feet Running Shoe
- Comfortable and breathable synthetic leather uppers with mesh inserts.
- A durable high traction BLOWN rubber outsole for extra shock absorption.
- Motion control technology with ROLLBAR technology aids in foot stability and eliminating overpronation.
Anatomical Knee Pain Running Shoes
- Cushioning and Energy Return features help to reduce the impact on the knees.
- It helps for stability and better grip, which is considered critical for treating problems associated with knees.
- It has the unique Cloud-Wave Technology that offers the perfect amount of softness in a lightweight ride.
Best Walking Shoes for Knee Pain4
Orthofeet Shoe for Knee Pain
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, it provides many protective and comfort features.
- This shoe has Ortho-Cushion™ Technology that takes a new approach to pain relief and delivering pure comfort.
- Patented biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the knee, helping relieve pain and slow osteoarthritis progression.
- Characterized by degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within a joint, osteoarthritis is more common in the knees.
- It is developed in association with Rheumatology experts.
- Flex-OA footwear is clinically proven to reduce the load on the knees by 20% on average.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow a normal motion.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement, typically lost with modern footwear.
- The effect is a measured and proven reduction in load on the knees, a leading cause of OA-related knee pain.
Wide Athletic Walking Shoes for Knee Pain
- It comes with an ABSORB midsole to deliver arch support, foot stability, and the first level of cushioning.
- The quality, durable rubber soles deliver comfort and a second level of cushioning.
- Stylish appearance but yet not too flashy.
- Wide toe box: up to 4E in the men’s version and a 2E in the women’s shoe version.
Bad Knee Shoe Recommended for Osteoarthritis
- These shoes have a built-in roll bar, which is great for Patellar Tendinitis.
- It is made up of pure leather, and the sole is made of rubber.
- This also offers motion-control technology, which is highly comfortable with supportive cushioning.
- This will provide ultimate relief to any of your knee pains. Even with the help of this, you can walk a lot without straining your knees at all.
Slip-On Walking Shoes for Bad Knees
- They provide a natural stride when you walk wearing them.
- These shoes are trendy and beneficial, especially for those who have knee pain.
- The sole is made up of rubber and has three-layer protection against any kind of weather.
- It is incredibly light in weight, which is an excellent thing for people having bad knee problems.
- It is also equipped with a full-length Goga Mat with an energy insole.
Athletic Walking Knee Pain Sneakers
- Even the sole is totally human-made, which is a great thing.
- The shoes are made up of Web-last technology that has made it easier for people with knee pain.
- It helps to protect your body when you are walking or standing.
- It helps to reduce the strain on your knees.
- This is essential for people with bad knees.
- The insoles are removable, and you can insert custom orthotics instead.
Bad Knees Fitness Shoe
- Built with quality in mind while paying extra attention to its midsole, it alleviates knee pain.
- Heavy people have a higher chance of suffering from knee pain; This shoe can carry even the heaviest people standing on their feet all day long by utilizing a grippy rubber sole that delivers excellent traction via the OSHA-compliant slip-resistant outsole.
- It comes with variable width sizes that offer extra room for your toes.
- This shoe has a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe and provides better weight impact distribution on your knees.
- It is very comfortable from the first-wear (out of the box) and still has a ridged stable feeling.
Cushioned Walking Shoe for Bad Knees
- The Air Cooled Memory Foam footbed along with a Foam Midsole absorbs shock and provides cushioning to protect your knees.
- Furthermore, the platform design sole and the rubber outsole are thick, shock-absorbing, and durable.
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable with synthetic leather and mesh materials.
- There are many colors in both the Afterburn and D’Lites from which you can choose.
Bad Knees Walking and Running Shoe
- The Upper is a flexible and breathable synthetic and mesh design.
- There are likewise a few color options from which you can select.
- The Fresh Foam Midsole and Cushioned insoles provide plush comfort and ample shock absorbency.
- The Sole design is a data-driven and durable rubber.
Running and Walking Shoes for Bad Knees
- The uppers are a flexible fabric with mesh for breathability and a moisture-managing and cushioned Sockliner for Comfort.
- There is a Blown Rubber Outsole that is AHAR high abrasion-resistant.
- The Impact Guidance System and the FlyteFoam propel technology, ensure better efficiency and stability.
- There is also a SPEVA Foam midsole for shock absorbency.
- This range offers some attractive new color options that you can select from as you prefer.
Orthopedic Walking Shoes for Bad Knees
- The Sanibel is a more feminine mary jane style athletic shoe, while the Lava is a lace-up model athletic shoe for men.
- Both shoes are available in other color options as well as wider widths.
- There I an ergonomic and layered cushioned insole with extra depth and a roomy toe box.
- The rubber outsole is durable and provides excellent traction.
Walking Shoe for Heavy Weights
- For support and comfort, you have a plush NB insole and an Amplifoam foamy midsole.
- There are a durable rubber outsole and comfortable and soft fabric uppers.
- The entire shoe is very lightweight and comes in many color options and a wider width selection.
- These shoes also tend to have a more roomy toe box area.
Best Dress Shoes for Knee Pain15
Bad Knees Dress Shoes
- Both shoes have ample memory foam cushioning for comfort and shock absorbency.
- There are leather uppers with a p[ump style in the Flattery and a Loafer style in the Gains.
- Inside is a smooth lining and also a supportive midsole.
- The rubber outsole is thick and durable, as well as slip-resistant.
Dress Shoes for Sore Knees
- Perfect to wear to the office, on a date, or to a semi-casual event.
- You can choose from a wide range of sizes as well as widths.
- These shoes are very comfortable to wear for work, along with a professional look.
- It is made from high-quality leather.
- The rubber soles are quite thick in nature, giving excellent cushioning.
- EVA Midsole gives you a better posture while standing.
Best Hiking Shoes for Knee Pain17
Hiking Shoe for Bad Knees
- With the help of a shock-absorbing air cushion heel, you can get a strain-free walk.
- Walking in these shoes will not affect your knees at all.
- The sticky Vibram outsole will give an extra cushioning benefit.
- Even M-select Fresh helps to prevent the formation of odor.
- M-select DRY technology helps to prevent moisture formation.
Best Tennis Shoes for Knee Pain18
Best Tennis Shoes for Bad Knees
- This tennis court sneaker has a flexible, synthetic leather and textile upper for better breathability.
- With a PGuard toe protector and padded tongue and collar to help cushion your strides and ease the pain from your knees.
- Underfoot support comes from forefoot GEL cushioning.
- These shoes are light, comfortable, and long-lasting tennis shoes.
- On the Tennis court, you can expect to experience better overall footwork, faster court speed, and less knee pain simply by wearing these shoes.
Best Sandals for Knee Pain19
Slingback Best Bad Knees Sandal
- It is made by hand from pure leather.
- The rubber soles of this sandal add shock absorbing.
- It is uniquely designed to fit anatomically to the shape of the foot.
- Over time, the cork midsole gets the shape of the bottom of your foot and helps absorb shocks for those suffering from knee pain.
- The unique and specially designed deep heel cup and arch support stabilize your feet and ankle.
- A specially designed, original cork midsole that provides support and stability.
Best Flip Flop for Knee Pain
- Soft mesh webbing uppers with a jersey knit lining that are lightly padded.
- A durable rubber sole for excellent grip on slippery and wet surfaces.
- The medium-density EVA footbed with textured pads offers comfort and shock absorption.
- Waterproof construction to keep your feet dry.
- A lightweight and supportive flip-flop sandal.
- Available in a few color varieties.
Best Accessories for Knee Pain21
The Bauerfeind is a comfortable and flexible knee brace sleeve to help with knee pain and knee injuries.
- It was constructed to provide knee support, stability and allow for maximum mobility and stay durable.
- It provides relief from the pain associated with many medical conditions such as arthritis and knee sprains.
- Manufactured from non-irritating materials, so it will not chafe or itch.
Relieve knee pain and strengthen your knees by wearing the correct footwear that provides excellent support and shock absorption. With a well-cushioned and supportive shoe, there is less impact on the knees.
Index Table: Best Shoes for Bad Knees
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||ASICS® - Normal to High Arch Runners & Bad Knees||Nimbus 22||Nimbus 22||ASICS||98|
|2||New Balance® - Motion Control Flat Feet Running Shoe||M1540v3||W1540v3||New Balance||96|
|3||Mizuno® - Anatomical Knee Pain Running Shoes||Rider 23||Rider 23||Mizuno||97|
|4||Orthofeet® - Orthofeet Shoe for Knee Pain||Sprint||Coral||Orthofeet||97|
|5||New Balance® - Wide Athletic Walking Shoes for Knee Pain||MW877||WW877||New Balance||94|
|6||New Balance® - Bad Knee Shoe Recommended for Osteoarthritis||MW813||WW813||New Balance||96|
|7||Skechers® - Slip-On Walking Shoes for Bad Knees||Go Walk 3||Go Walk 3||Skechers||95|
|8||Gravity Defyer® - Athletic Walking Knee Pain Sneakers||Super Walk||Mighty Walk||Gravity Defyer||95|
|9||Skechers® - Bad Knees Fitness Shoe||Shape Ups||Shape Ups||Skechers||95|
|10||Skechers® - Cushioned Walking Shoe for Bad Knees||Afterburn||D’Lites||Skechers||97.3|
|11||New Balance® - Bad Knees Walking and Running Shoe||1080V10||1080V10||New Balance||97|
|12||Asics® - Running and Walking Shoes for Bad Knees||Gel Cumulus 22||Gel Cumulus 22||Asics||97.6|
|13||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Walking Shoes for Bad Knees||Lava||Sanibel||Orthofeet||97.5|
|14||New Balance® - Walking Shoe for Heavy Weights||680V6||680V6||New Balance||97.8|
|15||Skechers® - Bad Knees Dress Shoes||Gains||Flattery Argooed||Skechers||97|
|16||Clarks® - Dress Shoes for Sore Knees||Un.Ravel||Ashland||Clarks||94|
|17||Merrell® - Hiking Shoe for Bad Knees||Moab 2||Moab 2||Merrell||95|
|18||ASICS® - Best Tennis Shoes for Bad Knees||Gel Game 7||Gel Game 7||ASICS||95|
|19||Birkenstock® - Slingback Best Bad Knees Sandal||Milano||Milano||Birkenstock||95|
|20||Vionic® - Best Flip Flop for Knee Pain||Wave||Wave||Vionic||94|
Table of Contents
- Health Issues Related to Knees
- Anatomy of a Good Shoe for Bad Knees
- Best Running Shoes for Knee Pain
- Best Walking Shoes for Knee Pain
- Orthofeet Shoe for Knee Pain
- Wide Athletic Walking Shoes for Knee Pain
- Bad Knee Shoe Recommended for Osteoarthritis
- Slip-On Walking Shoes for Bad Knees
- Athletic Walking Knee Pain Sneakers
- Bad Knees Fitness Shoe
- Cushioned Walking Shoe for Bad Knees
- Bad Knees Walking and Running Shoe
- Running and Walking Shoes for Bad Knees
- Orthopedic Walking Shoes for Bad Knees
- Walking Shoe for Heavy Weights
- Best Dress Shoes for Knee Pain
- Best Hiking Shoes for Knee Pain
- Best Tennis Shoes for Knee Pain
- Best Sandals for Knee Pain
- Best Accessories for Knee Pain
- To Conclude
- Index Table: Best Shoes for Bad Knees