Therefore, a diabetic person who starts to walk to control blood sugar must choose an appropriate walking diabetic shoe that must meet certain criteria to protect a diabetic foot.
Despite just for walking you want the best diabetic shoes for men and women that can be worn for running, dress up, work and other purposes.
Why You Need Good Shoes for Diabetes
When you have diabetes, your feet may also become more sensitive, and you may suffer certain foot conditions that are predominant in persons who have diabetes;
- Swollen Feet – People who have diabetes often experience swelling or edema in their feet. Therefore, they need more flexible shoes with a roomy toe box that can accommodate swelling.
- Skin Sensitivity – People with diabetes generally do not heal very fast when they have suffered an injury-causing open wound. Chafing and blisters on the feet of a person with diabetes can become severely infected and take longer to heal. Therefore shoes that are seamless and do not cause friction are desirable.
- Neuropathy – Neuropathy is a condition that mostly occurs in diabetics, especially Peripheral Neuropathy. This can cause your feet to tingle and become number, which means you need good foot and underfoot protection from your shoes.
How do Proper Diabetic Shoes Help
You get shoes that are medicare rated specifically for wear by those who have diabetes.
Generally, you are looking for shoes that offer good depth and a roomy toe box to accommodate for swelling, and also an upper that ado does not cause any form of friction or pressure on your feet.
Underfoot protection such as a thick sole or shank is ideal for those who also have peripheral neuropathy and cannot feel anything.
Comfort is key when you have diabetes, so cushioning and a shock-absorbing midsole can really help.
Features of a Good Shoe for Diabetes
these guidelines are there for most shoe types, so depending on the type of shoe, always look for these comfort features when you have diabetes;
- Uppers – The upper should be soft and flexible with no added seams or areas that can chafe and irritate your feet. There needs to be a moisture-wicking interior lining and smooth edges. A padded collar is likewise ideal.
- Fit – Look for a fit that is comfortable with a very roomy toe box and maybe extra depth.
- Cushioning – Cushioning provides comfort and shock absorbency. Cushioning can be a padded or cushioned insole and a foam or EVA midsole.
- Outsole – Beside an outsole that ensures good traction and slip resistance, also consider a thicker outsole for underfoot protection. An internal shank can help protect you against sharp objects and provide good stability.
Best Running Shoes for Diabetics1
Running Shoes for Diabetics
- This is a very high-quality shoe made from the best quality leather, and it is also very comfortable and breathable.
- These shoes are known for their ground-gripping blown rubber outsole for added traction.
- Dual-density collar foam adds a great feel, while traditional lacing closure allows a precise fit.
- A wider sole is providing a more stable base and motion control.
- Natural rubber soles increase grip and help distribute the foot’s weight evenly, thus, preventing injuries for people with a diabetic foot.
- Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500, eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
Best Walking Shoes for Diabetics2
Diabetic Walking Shoes
- The outsole is made of rubber, and the upper is made of leather.
- This pair is a wide toe box walking shoes, designed for wiggling toes, as well as helping accommodate swollen feet.
- Available in an extensive range of sizes and widths, these have garnered comprehensive rave reviews from users who find these comfortable and fashionable among the New Balance diabetic walking shoes.
- This great-looking New Balance orthopedic shoe is available in four shades.
- You are also protected with free shipping and free return shipping if it does not fit you for some reason.
Diabetic Walking White Shoes
- The lightweight shock absorbents of these diabetic dress shoes keep your legs relieved from stress.
- Keeps your feet in the correct alignment when walking.
- Strobel Technology and cushioning for enhanced control and comfort.
Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe
- The memory foam cushion kept inside acts as a good shock absorber for a diabetic foot.
- These shoes are very flexible and comfortable; your feet will thank you for wearing this shoe.
- It provides a natural stride when you will walk wearing this diabetic shoe.
- The sole is made up of rubber and has three-layer protection against any weather or surface.
- This shoe is also one of the best shoes for bad knees.
A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes
- This shoe has the Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500 and may be eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
- It has reflective detailing to enhance your visibility when walking in the evenings.
- The rubber outsole guarantees you for long life even under rough use.
Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes
- Extra-depth gives extra volume that allows the perfect fit for swollen feet (edema).
- A very lightweight athletic shoe with a unique arch stabilizer for enhanced support.
- This shoe is also recommended for those who suffer from Bunions, Corns / Calluses, and Neuropathy.
Diabetic Running and Walking Shoe
- You can get the Asics Gel Cumulus 21 in many colors to choose from for your perusal.
- Ther is a SPEVA Foam and Flytefoam technology midsole for shock absorbency.
- The Ortholite footbed offers even more cushioned comfort and a moisture-wicking feature.
- The durable outsole ensures you have a good grip and traction on most surfaces.
Walking and Running Shoe for Diabetic Symptoms
- A cushioning running shoe with an NB response insert and an Injection Molded ABZORB design shock-absorbing midsole.
- The uppers are roomy and comfortable, and you choose wider widths.
- The shoe is light and breathable and ideal for running or walking comfortably.
- The rubber outsole is durable and offers good stability.
Diabetes Slip on Shoe
- These comfortable slip-on shoes are ideal for all occasions, even more formal events.
- There are an extra depth and roomy toe design with soft leather uppers.
- Inside is a comfortable removable cushioned and moisture-managing Ortholite footbed.
- Stretch gore panels allow for a more flexible fit.
- There is also an Ultra-Lightweight sole and rubber outsole.
Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes for Diabetics
- Lightweight and seamless construction for a more comfortable fit.
- Heel support and a soft rubber sole with a rigid shank and reinforced counter for the best stability and support.
- Available in a triple width system with two removable spacer insoles to customize width.
- Available in different patterns, colors, sizes, and widths.
Diabetic Work Shoes
- The oil and slip-resistant sole will give you a great feeling of balance and ground grip.
- The beveled heel generates a forward momentum that helps your gait.
- These work shoes are designed for walking, and you can carry all the routine works with them; even for an outing, they will suits you well.
- The only downside to this shoe is that it comes in black or white.
Slip on Diabetic Walking Shoes
- The soft and breathable mesh uppers flex and adapt to the shape of your feet.
- There are a Goga Max technology and 5Gen cushioned midsole and comfort insole for cushioning.
- The rubber outsole offers good slip resistance and durability.
- There are also wider width options available in the Skechers Go Walk Range.
Walking Shoes for Diabetes
- The Upper is a soft and flexible mesh, and there is also a flexible and durable rubber outsole.
- With the wider width options, it is easy t accommodate swelling.
- There are also a few neutral color options from which to choose.
- Likewise, these shoes are medicare A5500 rated for diabetic feet and conditions such as Edema and bunions.
Walking Sandals for Diabetic Feet
- The Closed design and adjustable uppers accommodate for swelling and pain.
- There are a few neutral color options to choose from to your liking.
- The footbed is fully cushioned and comfortable with an EVA foam, and there is a supportive midsole.
- The rubber outsole is also durable and slip-resistant.
Best Dress Shoes for Diabetics15
Diabetic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
- These Therapeutic Diabetic shoes for men and women are stretchable excellent quality shoes.
- They are desirable by many people who look for accommodation and protection for their diabetic foot due to their unique orthopedic design and their soft buttery leather.
- As a part of them, you’ll receive the well-known Dr. Comfort Gel Insoles to provide extra support on top of great comfort and cushion.
- You can choose them in two colors, black or chestnut.
- Build from lightweight leather and Lycra, with a Velcro strap that fits for easy and precise tension on your feet
Diabetic Orthopedic Dress Shoes
- They come in various wide sizes – for women up to 3E and men up to 5E.
- Stylish but conservative shoes in black or brown leather colors (additional colors for women).
- It has added depth for extra comfort to the feet.
- It has removable insoles so that you can replace them with your podiatrist’s prescription insoles.
- These shoes are A5500 Certified Diabetic shoes for women & men at an affordable price.
- We recommend these shoes for walkers who need orthopedic support as well as protection for diabetic feet.
Wide Dress Diabetic Shoes
- San Crispino heel guarantees for your heel to be stable while walking.
- The breathable mesh lining is an added advantage.
- A Strobel construction build guarantees the flexibility of your forefoot.
Best Boots for Diabetics18
Orthopedic Boots for Diabetics
- Comfortable leather uppers with a multi-layered orthotic insole.
- Lightweight cushioning.
- There is a Non-binding design to prevent irritation caused by friction.
- The Biomechanical design provides some unparalleled comfort and supports features.
Best Slippers for Diabetics19
Comfort Orthotic Slippers for Diabetics
- An orthotic contoured insole for superior support and comfort.
- Snug and comfortable uppers with seamless construction for less irritation.
- Featuring an extra depth design with ergonomic stride technology.
- Durable and slip-resistant outsole.
Index Table: The Top Rated Diabetic Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Diabetics||M1540v3||W1540v3||New Balance||98.5|
|2||New Balance® - Diabetic Walking Shoes||928v3||928v3||New Balance||97|
|3||Rockport® - Diabetic Walking White Shoes||Pro Walker||Trustride||Rockport||96|
|4||Skechers® - Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe||Performance Go Walk 4||Performance Go Walk 4||Skechers||97|
|5||New Balance® - A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes||MW577||WW577||New Balance||94|
|6||Dr. Comfort® - Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes||Performance||Refresh||Dr. Comfort||94|
|7||Asics® - Diabetic Running and Walking Shoe||Gel Cumulus 23||Gel Cumulus 23||Asics||97|
|8||New Balance® - Walking and Running Shoe for Diabetic Symptoms||680V6||680V6||New Balance||98|
|9||Clarks® - Diabetes Slip on Shoe||Tunsil||Sillian||Clarks||97|
|10||Orthofeet® - Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes for Diabetics||Monterey||Coral||Orthofeet||95|
|11||Reebok® - Diabetic Work Shoes||Work 'N Cushion||Work 'N Cushion||Reebok||96|
|12||Skechers® - Slip on Diabetic Walking Shoes||Go Walk Slip On Max||Go Walk 5 Slip On||Skechers||97.8|
|13||Propet® - Walking Shoes for Diabetes||TravelFit||TravelFit||Propet||97|
|14||Dream Pairs® - Walking Sandals for Diabetic Feet||Adventurous||Adventurous||Dream Pairs||98|
|15||Dr. Comfort® - Diabetic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro||Stallion||Annie||Dr. Comfort||95|
|16||Propet® - Diabetic Orthopedic Dress Shoes||Commuterlite||Twilite Walker||Propet||95|
|17||Rockport® - Wide Dress Diabetic Shoes||Eureka||Total Motion||Rockport||95|
|18||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Boots for Diabetics||Diabetics Boots||Diabetics Boots||Orthofeet||97|
|19||Orthofeet® - Comfort Orthotic Slippers for Diabetics||Asheville||Charlotte||Orthofeet||97|
To protect your feet against the pain and symptoms associated with Diabetes, it is vital to wear the correct footwear.
From the list we have chosen, you can see some excellent and unique features promised by every shoe to provide the necessary comfort and relief.
Table of Contents
- Why You Need Good Shoes for Diabetes
- How do Proper Diabetic Shoes Help
- Features of a Good Shoe for Diabetes
- Best Running Shoes for Diabetics
- Best Walking Shoes for Diabetics
- Diabetic Walking Shoes
- Diabetic Walking White Shoes
- Slip-On Diabetic Walking Shoe
- A5500 Diabetic Approved Walking Shoes
- Diabetic Orthopedic Athletic Shoes
- Diabetic Running and Walking Shoe
- Walking and Running Shoe for Diabetic Symptoms
- Diabetes Slip on Shoe
- Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes for Diabetics
- Diabetic Work Shoes
- Slip on Diabetic Walking Shoes
- Walking Shoes for Diabetes
- Walking Sandals for Diabetic Feet
- Best Dress Shoes for Diabetics
- Best Boots for Diabetics
- Best Slippers for Diabetics
- Index Table: The Top Rated Diabetic Shoes
- In Conclusion