Capsulitis is a painful condition which usually affects the second toe joint, causing pain and swelling.
When it comes to Capsulitis you want to make sure that there is least to no pressure or weight exerted on the affected toe, thus a motion control shoe with a stiff sole is your best option.
Capsulitis Causes and Symptoms
- What is Capsulitis – The Ligaments around the joint and the base of mainly your second toe forms a capsule, helping the joint to function properly. When this ligament becomes inflamed it is called Capsulitis, which can cause pain and discomfort and if left untreated, lead to the weakening of surrounding ligaments and dislocation of your toe.
Capsulitis can likewise occur in the other smaller toes, although it is more prone to affect the second toe alone.
Causes – Generally Capsulitis occurs as a result of abnormal foot mechanics when the ball of your foot beneath this toe joints bears excessive weight and pressure. An unstable arch, Bunions, and a longer second toe area common cause of Capsulitis.
Symptoms – Pain in the ball of your foot, which feels like there is a marble or bunched up sock in your shoe, swelling at the toe base, and pain when walking barefoot, may all be symptoms of Capsulitis.
Treatments of Capsulitis
Unless the condition is extremely severe where you may need surgery, and I would advise rather consulting your physician, you can follow these simple treatment and pain relief methods.
- Rest – Try and stay off your feet for a while, and take breaks in between activities.
- Ice – Ice packs can be used to reduce swelling and relieve pain.
- Oral Medication – Non-Steroidal anti-inflammatory medication may help to reduce pain and symptoms.
- Excercise – Stretching exercises help to warm up and strengthen the muscles, particularly before activities.
- Orthotics – Certain orthotic devices in your shoes such as Arch support and Metatarsal Pads, can help to reduce pressure on the area and to disperse weight.
- Shoe Types – The correct footwear is of course crucial, I would recommend a shoe with a stiff sole, proper arch support and good MOTION CONTROL
Best Shoe Types for Capsulitis
- Look for a shoe with a wider toe box that allows you to spread your toes out comfortably.
- Cushioning to absorb shock and disperse pressure.
- A rubber sole is perfect in order to provide a sturdy and shock absorbing platform.
- Make sure that the sole is stiff and thick, rather than flexible and thin.
- Lightweight construction and good ventilation.
- Motion control technology and the right arch support.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Capsulitis
Breathable Athletic Shoe for Capsulitis
The Altra Lone Peak is designed specifically to enhance your natural foot positioning and walking form as well as allowing for better toe splay and more impact resistance.
- Synthetic and mesh uppers for breathability with a high top design for better ankle support and stability.
- A fully cushioned Zero-Drop platform Foot shape Toe box for better toe splay and movement.
- Cushioned insole offering medium cushioning and stability.
- A thick and durable rubber outsole.
- A trail outsole tread ideal for outdoor use and abrasion resistant reinforced critical areas.
- Available in a few colors to choose from.
Athletic Shoe for Capsulitis Symptoms
The Brooks Addiction 13 is an athletic style sneaker that can be worn casually or for walking and running, with ideal features for Capsulitis symptoms.
- Mesh and synthetic uppers that are lightweight and breathable to keep your feet dry and cool.
- Plush and comfortable cushioning that absorbs shock and prevents pressure on painful toes.
- A progressive diagonal rollbar helps to control motion and prevent overpronation.
- There are a removable foam insole and BioMoGo DNA midsole for long-lasting cushioning and shock absorbency.
- Manufactured with environmentally friendly and long lasting materials.
- A thick and durable rubber outsole, that offers excellent traction on a variety of surfaces, as well as dispersing impact and weight, for less pressure on your feet and toes.
fashionable Sneaker for Capsulitis
A sleek and stylish sneaker for everyday wear with comfortable foam cushioning and a breathable design, to accommodate foot conditions and provide symptom relief associated with the condition, Capsulitis in the toes.
- Genuine leather uppers are available in black and white for men and more color options for women.
- Perforation holes for breathability and a lace-up closure for a snug and comfortable fit.
- A thick shock absorbing solid outsole.
- Inside there is the Memory Cloudfoam cushioning for step-in comfort and a cloud foam midsole for further cushioning and support.
- A woven tongue to aid in comfort and breathability with a decorative label.
Casual Wearing Shoe for Capsulitis
Altra has a few models of athletic shoes that have the perfect features to help alleviate and treat the symptoms of Capsulitis, the Intuition an Instinct has a more casual style that can be used for athletic activities and all day casual wear.
- The platform is fully cushioned with a Zero Drop design and Foot shape Toe box which is ideal for pressure relief and dispersing impact to protect painful toes.
- Textile and synthetic uppers offer a soft and comfortable fit with breathability.
- A thick and durable rubber outsole enhances shock absorbency and ensures good traction.
- There is full rubber coverage on the outside of the shoe for additional abrasion resistance and protection.
- Available in a few color varieties, in both men’s and women’s models for your perusal.
- a comfortable and casual wearing shoe that can be used for running and walking alike.
Dress Shoes for Capsulitis Relief
For an evening out, special occasion, or even just wearing to the office, these therapeutic dress shoes from DR. Comfort will ensure you remain pain-free and that your feet are well supported.
- Soft and supple leather uppers with a seamless lining for less irritation.
- Extra depth design with a removable cushioned insert for use of your won orthotics.
- Therapeutic comfort with an additional Gel inserts included.
- Available in extended sizes and wider widths for more toe room and better movement.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole that absorbs impact to protect your feet and toes.
- these shoes are perfect to wear for more formal occasions and professional environments without having to sacrifice comfort.
Capsulitis Walking Shoe
The Saucony Pro Grid Echelon is a comfortable and accommodating shoe for walking that is ideal for Capsulitis.
- This shoe is available in wider widths which will help to accommodate painful foot conditions.
- The uppers are made from durable leather and are available in black or white color.
- There are an EVA midsole and a Progrid Heel for shock absorbency and cushioning.
- Stability and motion control features.
- Comfortable and soft footbed with a removable insole to allow you the use of your own orthotics.
- A carbon rubber outsole with a blown rubber flexible forefoot for durability and better traction.
Slipper for capsulitis
One of the most comfortable orthopedic slippers that are perfect for any foot or health condition as well as Capsulitis.
- Soft and flexible neoprene or corduroy option uppers, that conform to the shape of your feet.
- The footbed is fully cushioned for comfort and there is a slip resistant durable rubber outsole.
- A Velcro strap allows you to adjust the fit and the opening is extra large for easy access.
- Snug and comfortable for leisurewear indoors and outdoors to relax and soothe your feet.
Casual Capsulitis Sneakers
A comfortable and stylish casual everyday wear sneaker from Altra.
- Genuine leather uppers in the Cayd, and leather and mesh synthetic uppers in the Vali.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- FootShape everyday comfort technology.
- Features a durable and lightweight cushioned EVA midsole and a comfortable footbed.
- The Vali has an engineered glove like fitting knit upper.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Capsulitis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Altra® - Breathable Athletic Shoe for Capsulitis||Altra||96|
|2||Brooks® - Athletic Shoe for Capsulitis Symptoms||Brooks||97|
|3||Adidas® - fashionable Sneaker for Capsulitis||Adidas||98|
|4||Altra® - Casual Wearing Shoe for Capsulitis||Altra||96|
|5||Dr. Comfort® - Dress Shoes for Capsulitis Relief||Dr. Comfort||98|
|7||Saucony® - Capsulitis Walking Shoe||Saucony||96|
|7||Propet® - Slipper for capsulitis||Propet||98|
|8||Altra® - Casual Capsulitis Sneakers||Altra||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Capsulitis Causes and Symptoms
- Treatments of Capsulitis
- Best Shoe Types for Capsulitis
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Capsulitis
- Breathable Athletic Shoe for Capsulitis
- Athletic Shoe for Capsulitis Symptoms
- fashionable Sneaker for Capsulitis
- Casual Wearing Shoe for Capsulitis
- Dress Shoes for Capsulitis Relief
- Capsulitis Walking Shoe
- Slipper for capsulitis
- Casual Capsulitis Sneakers
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Capsulitis