There are many good reasons why you should be looking for the best orthopedic shoes.
Most of the time, you can feel that wearing “regular shoes” is very uncomfortable for you while walking, working, running, or just standing.
Our list for 2020 therapeutic shoes consists of the very best of these different types of shoes for any activity.
The Importance of Orthopedic Walking Shoes
Gone are the days when you had to pay no attention whatsoever to the kind of walking shoes you wore and not thinking of the orthopedic structure of the shoe:
What this often led to was not only discomfort but every so often, damage to your foot.
Nowadays, of course, there are some excellent options available to people looking to buy orthopedic walking shoes.
Discomfort in Narrow Walking Shoes
In my opinion: people who feel discomfort wearing shoes. Many times it is because the shoes are too narrow, so one should first see whether a wide width walking shoes can solve the problem.
Shoes for Overweight People
We covered here the best walking shoes for overweight men and best shoes for overweight women; Now we will cover orthopedic walking shoes available for those who have some orthopedic structural problem or discomfort while walking.
Shoes for Heel Pain or Ball of Foot Pain
In case you have plantar fasciitis, or in case that you have a high arch foot, you must use a high arch support walking shoe to eliminate pain, that occurs at the bottom of the heel.
In case you suffer from pain in your ball of the foot, you should check our article on the best shoes for Metatarsalgia.
Features of a Good Orthopedic Walking Shoe
There are a few features that make the best orthopedic walking shoe;
- Fit – Most Orthopedic shoe types have an extra depth and wider width design with a Non-Binding fit which is ideal for foot conditions and health issues which may cause foot deformities, swelling and feet to become more fragile and prone to ulcers and damage from any pressure. The extra depth design also allows you to add orthotics for comfort and support.
removable Insoles – Orthopedic shoes will most likely have a removable insole or footbed, which also allows you to use your preferred foot orthotics and inserts.
Comfort and Support features – Many orthopedic walking shoes have stability and support functions to aid with lack of balance and keep feet properly aligned. Moisture-wicking linings, a seam-free interior and ample cushioning add to the comfort factor.
Low heel and stable platform – When it comes to the heel type and outsole and midsole of orthopedic footwear, you will notice that the heel is usually low or the sole is uniform and thick. This is for further stability and shock absorbency for added support and comfort.
Reviews: The Best Orthopedic Walking Shoes
Given below are details of some of the best orthopedic walking shoes on the market:
These orthopedic shoe brands not only will help resolve your issues, but they are also aesthetically designed and, of course, supremely comfortable.
Podaitrist Design Shoes
These are truly outstanding orthopedic shoes for men and women; This is the first brand to design their shoes in a fashion that they adapt to a person’s feet and not come in the standard flat shape that most other brands do.
- The moment that one puts on a pair of Orthaheel, one feels instant familiarity, so perfectly fitting and sung are these.
- Another great part about Vionic’s shoes is that they are wonderfully styled despite being medical grade shoes.
- The Built-in Orthaheel motion-controlling footbed technology is quite a boon for those wanting to own a pair of well-fitting.
- These incredible shoes are reasonably priced.
- These shoes are comfortable and brilliantly styled orthopedic shoes.
Orthopedic Dress Shoes
These are great orthopedic dress shoes and come in various sizes, and different width sizes.
- These are quite pretty shoes to look at and in attractive black or brown leather colors.
- It has added depth for comfort, and it has removable insoles that can be used to customize the fit.
- This Orthotic, as well as Diabetic friendly shoe, provide high value to price.
- These shoes are quite a favorite with many walkers who need orthopedic support, as evidenced by the number of glowing reviews in their favor.
Orthopedic Walking Shoes
These great looking New Balance orthopedic shoes are available in four shades: Black, Brown, White, and Grey.
- This shoe is offered with free shipping and free return shipping.
- The New Balance 928 is designed to provide day-long comfort, and it is a designated A5500 diabetic shoe.
- The outsole is made of rubber and the upper with leather.
- Available in an extremely wide range of sizes and width, these have garnered extensive rave reviews from users who find these comfortable and fashionable among the best New Balance walking shoes.
Therapeutic Orthopedic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
These Therapeutic Diabetic shoes by Dr. Comfort are stretchable shoes with excellent quality.
- They are very protective of the diabetic foot, due to their excellent orthopedic design and their soft buttery leather.
- As a part of them, you’ll receive the well known Dr. Comfort Gel Insoles, who will provide extra support on top of comfort.
- This therapeutic, orthotic shoe comes in two colors: black or chestnut.
- This shoe is in our list of shoes of the best diabetic walking shoes.
Orthopedic Work Boot
Super comfortable, lightweight, protective toe, and among the best orthopedic work boots.
- Made from leather with TiTAN alloy safety design protecting the toes.
- Excellent arch support.
- The Moisture-channeling mesh lining with integral anti-microbial keeps your feet dry and odor-free.
- Oil and slip-resistant PRO Rubber outsole.
- Polyurethane midsoles reduce stress on the most sensitive parts of the foot.
- The lacing system includes a lace-up vamp with speed-lace hardware at the top.
Comfortable Orthotic Walking Shoes
These are without a shadow of a doubt extremely nice looking men’s orthopedic walking shoes.
- These come with an anatomical footbed, a shock-absorbing midsole, and heel that provides ample protection from the strain that comes from walking on rough and hard surfaces.
- Available in sizes 8 to 13, these provide full value for money.
- Most buyers are delighted with these shoes and are particularly impressed by the fact that these are both practical and stylish.
- We recently reviewed here the best Mephisto’s walking shoes
Comfort Orthopedic Work Shoes
This is a formal shoe made of leather while the sole is of rubber that consists of Orthotic support, which is the contoured orthotic insole.
- The Avery Island model has gel padding near the heels; it helps to alleviate the pain of the feet and also enhances the comfort of the entire feet.
- The cushioned sole is light weighted and helps to take soft steps.
- It is one of the Best Work Shoes for Flat Feet, and in case you have normal to high arch you can remove the insoles and get proper orthopedic insoles.
- The soft, padded, and seam-free lining design eliminated the pressure or strain on any points as well as helps to reduce the friction with the skin.
Everyday Orthopedic Shoes
The P.W. Minor Brand released the Leisure model as casual everyday orthopedic shoes for men and women, here are some of the features that make it a wise choice:
- Full-grain soft leather uppers make it a versatile, comfortable orthopedic shoe to wear.
- Suede breathable foam lining with moisture-wicking abilities for a dry, fresh, and odor-free feet.
- The Polyurethane lightweight sole makes it longer than average, lasting shoes.
- Dual-density cushion footbed for pleasant walking and shock absorbing.
- Roomy design and non-restrictive combined with generous interior padding can accommodate the largest feet
Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes
A stylish and feature-rich athletic walking shoes.
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, provide many protective and comfort features.
- Patented biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the knee, helping to relieve pain and slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Flex-OA footwear is clinically proven to reduce the load on the knees by 20% on average.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow natural motion to occur.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement that typically lost with modern footwear.
- The effect is a measured and proven reduction in load on your legs and feet.
Extra Depth Orthopedic Walking Sandal
Dr. Comfort’s are extra depth sandals offer orthopedic pain relief and support and are ideal for walking in the summertime.
- The leather uppers straps are softly padded for comfort and made from full-grain leather.
- There are Velcro straps and closures so you can adjust the fit from all angles.
- There is also a cushioned and removable footbed so you can use your own orthotics.
- The rubber outsole provides a good grip and is durable.
Orthopedic Walking Shoes
These two models from Propet are the perfect Orthopedic Walking shoes with so many comfort and support features.
- Breathable perforated leather uppers with a Velcro strap for a secure and adjustable fit.
- An EVA shock absorbing midsole and cushioned and padded footbed.
- The tongue and collar are also padded for a secure and comfortable fit.
- There is a Nylon lining to wick away moisture and keep your feet dry.
- The non-slip rubber outsole is durable and absorbs shock on impact.
Casual Orthopedic Sneaker
For everyday casual wear and light walking, I would highly recommend the fashionable and classic Mephisto sneaker.
- Genuine soft and supple leather uppers.
- The design allows you to use your own orthotic devices with a roomy toe box and extra depth.
- The cushioned insole is likewise removable.
- A thick and durable shock-absorbing rubber outsole.
- It is made with tough cement construction methods and high-quality materials.
- Inside is a moisture-wicking leather lining.
Orthopedic Walking Shoe
The Stability Walker is a top of the range Orthopedic comfort Walking shoe that is available in many attractive color options to choose from, as well as a smooth or nubuck leather finish.
- Comfortable and soft leather uppers, perforated for breathability.
- Smooth and seam-free interior linings that wick away moisture.
- A durable and shock-absorbing rubber outsole with an EVA cushioned midsole.
- The cushioned insole is removable, allowing you’re the sue of your won orthotics.
- A speed lacing secure lace-up system and stylish elegance.
Orthopedic Dress Style Walking Shoe
The Lincoln Center and Arcadia are sophisticated and appealing walking shoes, ideal for trips and occasions where you need to dress up and stay comfortable for walking.
- Rich and supple leather uppers with a non-binding design.
- Ample cushioning and anatomical arch support for comfort when walking.
- A shock-absorbing midsole and high traction rubber outsole.
- Available in widere widths as well as extended sizes.
Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoe
From Dr. Scholls, we have the Monster and the Persue, both fashionable and comfortable, and athletic style walking shoes.
- Action leather and synthetic uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A cushioned insole with Gel cushioning in the heel for added shock absorbency.
- The Non-Marking rubber outsole is oil and slip-resistant.
- Inside the Persue is a Coolfit memory foam footbed.
Orthopedic Flip Flop
A comfortable and easy wearing Orthopedic design Flip Flop fro Propet that you can use for walking on the beach or in hot climates.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers.
- A lug and high traction rubber outsole.
- Memory foam cushioned footbed.
- Available in wider widths.
- Also, feature the Rejuve Motion control technology for stability when walking.
As you can see, orthopedic shoes can also be stylish and fashionable, and not just comfortable. An orthopedic shoe serves to provide the best comfort and support technology, particularly to accommodate and provide symptom relief from many medical conditions that may affect the feet as well as foot deformities and conditions.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Orthopedic Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Podaitrist Design Shoes||Vionic||97.7|
|2||Propet® - Orthopedic Dress Shoes||Propet||94|
|3||New Balance® - Orthopedic Walking Shoes||New Balance||94|
|4||Dr. Comfort® - Therapeutic Orthopedic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro||Dr. Comfort||96|
|5||Timberland® - Orthopedic Work Boot||Timberland||95|
|6||Mephisto® - Comfortable Orthotic Walking Shoes||Mephisto||95|
|7||Orthofeet® - Comfort Orthopedic Work Shoes||Orthofeet||95|
|8||Steel Edge® - Everyday Orthopedic Shoes||Steel Edge||96|
|9||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes||Orthofeet||97|
|10||Dr. Comfort® - Extra Depth Orthopedic Walking Sandal||Dr. Comfort||96|
|11||Propet® - Orthopedic Walking Shoes||Propet||94|
|12||Mephisto® - Casual Orthopedic Sneaker||Mephisto||97|
|13||Propet® - Orthopedic Walking Shoe||Propet||96|
|14||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Dress Style Walking Shoe||Orthofeet||98|
|15||Dr. Scholls® - Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoe||Dr. Scholls||97|
|16||Propet® - Orthopedic Flip Flop||Propet||98|
Table of Contents
- The Importance of Orthopedic Walking Shoes
- Features of a Good Orthopedic Walking Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Orthopedic Walking Shoes
- Podaitrist Design Shoes
- Orthopedic Dress Shoes
- Orthopedic Walking Shoes
- Therapeutic Orthopedic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
- Orthopedic Work Boot
- Comfortable Orthotic Walking Shoes
- Comfort Orthopedic Work Shoes
- Everyday Orthopedic Shoes
- Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoes
- Extra Depth Orthopedic Walking Sandal
- Orthopedic Walking Shoes
- Casual Orthopedic Sneaker
- Orthopedic Walking Shoe
- Orthopedic Dress Style Walking Shoe
- Orthopedic Athletic Walking Shoe
- Orthopedic Flip Flop
- To Conclude
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Orthopedic Shoes