Flip Flops usually make their appearance during summer and spring months and are great if you want to let your feet breathe and stay cool.
Unfortunately, most Flip Flops do not provide any support or cushioning for the feet and are therefore not ideal.
Luckily today Flip Flops are so advanced that there are brands that provide great support and comfort such as orthopedic Flip Flops.
The Benefits of Orthopedic Flip Flops
Flip Flops, in general, allow your feet to breathe and also helps certain foot conditions such as ingrown toenails and athlete’s foot to heal faster because it is kept dry and cool. Flip Flops are easy to put on and take off and a great option for quickly putting on when you need to make a quick trip outside or even just to wear indoors as leisure footwear. Sandals and Flip Flops are ideally built for the beach to protect your feet from hot sand and are easy to rinse off at the end of the day quickly.
With the advantage of orthopedic features, Flip Flops can also provide excellent arch support, cushioning for your heels and can aid in realigning your foot into a more natural position.
Orthopedic sandals allow your feet to function in a healthy and breathable environment and aids in improving blood circulation and reducing pain. People who suffer from diabetes or neuropathy can significantly benefit from orthopedic Flip Flops.
Flip Flops with good orthotic design can also aid in correcting certain foot conditions as well as improving mobility.
In general orthopedic sandals and shoes are just good for your feet and will keep them healthy and well supported.
The features of an Orthopedic Flip Flop
- A supportive and cushioned footbed.
- Deeper heel Cups.
- An EVA or Supportive Midsole
- Comfortable Straps.
- Motion Control.
- Shock Absorbing.
- A durable and slip resistant outsole.
Reviews: Top Therapeutic Orthopedic Flip Flops
We have researched and reviewed some of the best available orthopedic Flip Flops and listed them along with all their fantastic features;
Arch Support Orthotic Flip Flops
The Stride Tek Flipthotic is a stylish Flip Flop Sandal that has some fantastic support and comfort features that encourage the proper biomechanics throughout your entire gait stride.
- The Flipthotic is made from soft and durable Polyurethane and Polyester for all day comfort.
- The durable rubber sole ensures excellent grip on wet and slippery surfaces.
- A patented metatarsal riser pad supports and encourages the proper biomechanical movement of the foot.
- The EVA arch supports molds to the shape of your arch and keeps your feet more naturally aligned.
- A deeper heel cup provides excellent stability and heel support.
- The Flipthotic from Stride Tek aid in relieving foot pain, Plantar Fasciitis, Shin Splints, metatarsalgia and Morton’s Neuroma.
Orthopedic Flip Flops
A perfect flip flop for the beach, pool or gym swimming pool the Sole Sport has a classic sporty design and provides supportive cushioning.
- A versatile and water friendly flip flop sandal that has synthetic straps and an ultra soft polyester lining.
- The cushioned footbed of the Sole Sport provides all-day customized comfort and support.
- The Grippy synthetic sole will prevent slips even on wet surfaces, for excellent traction on and off the beach.
Toe Post Orthopedic Flip Flop
For the tough comfort and durable support, the Vionic Bryce is a performance sports toe post-Flip Flop sandal that provides excellent support and stability.
- The Vionic Bryce features the very tough and durable Vibram outsole that provides exceptional traction on various surface areas.
- The flexible leather uppers and soft toe post ensure a most comfortable fit.
- For cushioning and support the Bryce has a contoured motion control footbed made from EVA and heel and forefoot cushioning.
- This Flip Flop Sandal is also an excellent choice for after-Sport recovery because of the high stability and support that it provides.
Casual Orthopedic Flip Flop
Another fantastic choice in orthopedic Flip Flops is the Othaheel Wave, it is packed with support and comfort technology and features a sleek and trendy style.
- The soft woven toe post and foam-lined upper strap of the Orthaheel Wave ensures a luxuriously comfortable fit.
- The EVA midsole is lightweight and of a medium-density to absorb shock and reduce strain on the feet.
- Orthaheel technology is used in this Flip Flop to reduce excess pronation.
- The podiatrist-designed Tri-Planar motion control footbed with its deep heel cup stabilizes supports and realigns the foot into its natural position.
- The Orthaheel Wave is a very convenient and natural healing solution to common foot pain associated with poor lower limb alignment.
Orthopedic Flip Flop
These New Balance Flip Flops are sporty and comfortable with some fantastic orthopedic support characteristics.
- The uppers are made from synthetic PU materials and breathable mesh.
- A contoured footbed with a 360-degree heel cup and anatomical arch support helps to align the feet into their natural position and provides exceptional comfort and support.
- A durable TPR outsole is flexible and provides good grip and traction on different floor surfaces.
- A comfortable and supportive Flip Flop that will keep your feet in their natural position and provide all-day support and comfort.
Orthaheel Orthopedic Flip Flop
Another great orthopedic sandal from Vionic, the Ryder and Tide 2 provide excellent comfort and support and will relieve foot pains and aches associated with poor limb alignment.
- The uppers are made of durable and comfortable leather and synthetic materials, the adjustable strap on the Ryder, and fixed strap on the Tide 2 is also lined with foam for an even more comfortable fit.
- The Orthaheel technology provides stability and prevents overpronation.
- The Tri-Planar motion control footbed with the deep heel cup is designed by a podiatrist and provides excellent support and stability.
- The medium density EVA midsole is lightweight and absorbs shock reduces stress on the feet.
- A durable outsole finishes off the Vionic Ryder and provides excellent traction on slippery and wet surfaces.
Index Table for Orthopedic Flip Flops
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Stride Tek® - Arch Support Orthotic Flip Flops||Stride Tek||96|
|2||Sole® - Orthopedic Flip Flops||Sole||94|
|3||Vionic® - Toe Post Orthopedic Flip Flop||Vionic||96|
|4||Orthaheel® - Casual Orthopedic Flip Flop||Orthaheel||96|
|5||New Balance® - Orthopedic Flip Flop||New Balance||95|
|6||Vionic® - Orthaheel Orthopedic Flip Flop||Vionic||95|
A therapeutic orthopedic sandal can influence not only the health of your feet but that of your entire body by providing stability and support in key areas. There are many feet and lower limb conditions and pain that can be effectively relieved by the use of a good orthopedic Flip Flop sandal or shoe.
Table of Contents
- The Benefits of Orthopedic Flip Flops
- The features of an Orthopedic Flip Flop
- Reviews: Top Therapeutic Orthopedic Flip Flops
- Arch Support Orthotic Flip Flops
- Orthopedic Flip Flops
- Toe Post Orthopedic Flip Flop
- Casual Orthopedic Flip Flop
- Orthopedic Flip Flop
- Orthaheel Orthopedic Flip Flop
- Index Table for Orthopedic Flip Flops
- To Conclude