Back pain is a highly prevalent condition sending many patients to the doctor.
One of the significant causes of back pain is wearing the wrong shoes!
In some cases, back pain is a result of minor sprains, strains, and injuries or sometimes just a pinched or irritated nerve.
Back pain can disrupt your daily activities such as sleep, walk, standing, sitting, sports and exercise, and much more.
The Main Causes for Back Pain
The causes of back pain are endless, and therefore the non-invasive treatments can also give you a solution. Even the most trivial daily tasks and habits can, over time, takes its toll on your back.
- Footwear – The type of footwear that you wear can have a significant impact on the health of your back, feet, and lower limbs. The correct footwear can also relieve back pain along with foot, knee, and ankle pain.
- Posture – There are many other solutions to alleviating back pain, sitting up straight, keeping a good posture, and avoiding awkward positions are all things you can do to prevent and reduce back pain.
- Bending – Always remember to pick up heavy objects using your legs and not your back, and as far as you can avoid picking up heavy objects in general.
How the Wrong Shoes can Cause Back Pain
Your feet make up the foundation of your body, how you move and relax your feet can greatly influence many other parts of your body, one of the main parts being your back.
If the posture of your feet is improper because the wrong shoes influence it, then back pain may be one of the results.
Shoes that offer no or bad support to your feet and the rest of your body will usually affect your back as well. Good examples of shoes that are bad for your back are high heels, flip-flops, and flat shoes; all of these disrupt your natural posture and eventually cause back pain.
Features of a Good Shoe for Back Pain
Many kinds of shoes available offer excellent back support, each of them having their unique characteristics and features;
- Motion Control -Motion Control helps to regulate movement and can usually be found in running shoes.
- Strike Path – Shoes that cause the middle and front of your feet to strike first rather than the heels, usually found in minimalist shoes made for walking and travel.
- Support – Extra support that prevents abnormal movement, which is one of the main reasons for back pain.
- Materails -Constructed from plastic or graphite and other similar materials that also prevent abnormal motion.
- Shock Absobency -Good shock absorbency and cushioning is very important to protect our back and knees against impact, which can cause pain to these areas.
We have reviewed and chose some of the best shoes that are available today that will prevent and relieve back pain and help to ensure healthy and natural movement;
Reviews: Best Shoes for Back Pain Relief
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Asics Running Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- This shoe combines both FluidFit and FluidRide technologies resulting in a balanced shoe, perfect for those who suffer from lower back pain.
- The Nimbus provides excellent shock absorption and GEL-Cushioning thanks to its innovative stabilizing Heel Clutching System.
- Superb arch support for even weight distribution.
- They are lightweight and highly durable, and a perfect choice for long-distance runners and walkers.
Saucony Running Shoes for Back Pain
- A neutral running and walking shoe for normal to mild under pronation.
- Glossy and reflective overlays allow for nighttime runs and walk.
- A hydra max collar lining for more comfort.
- The comfort like sock liner ensures your feet are supported and comfortable.
- A supportive and shock absorbing PowerGrid midsole.An improved SRC impact zone to reduce stress and strain on your feet and lower limbs.
- The synthetic sole has deep forefoot flex grooves for better traction.
Running Shoes for Normal to Flat Feet
- The motion control technology aids in preventing abnormal foot gait, thus keeping your posture balance, eliminating back pain.
- Comfortable and breathable synthetic leather uppers with mesh inserts.
- A durable high traction rubber outsole.
- A Rollbar support system that is an excellent feature for runners and walkers with the arch-type of normal to flat.
Cushioned Back pain Walking Shoe
- Cloudfoam midsole and outsole for in-step comfort and cushioning.
- Knit textile uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A sock-like fit that hugs your foot.
- Thick and durable rubber outsole for high traction capabilities and durability.
Outdoor Walking and Hiking Shoe for Back Pain
- Leather and mesh uppers that are Breathable and Waterproof.
- A durable rubber outsole with a tread for hiking and outdoor trail walking or running.
- Cushioned metatomical EVA footbed and removable insole for the use of your own orthotic devices.
- Secure lace-up system for a more comfortable and snug fit.
- Some color variations are availble.
Gel Padded Back Pain Running Shoe
- Fluid fit for a glove-like fit.
- Synthetic and mesh uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- Trusstic system for Better Gait funcioning,
- Rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning, for imact resistance.
- Rubber outsole with AHAR high abrasion resistance.
Orthopedic Extra Wide Dress shoes
- Anatomical arch support and gel Orthotic insoles with ergonomic cushioning to soften every step and provide stability and support.
- A deeper toe box for a comfortable fit.
- The non-binding relaxed fit protects pressure points and reduces friction.
- A durable and slip-resistant outsole providing excellent grip.
Dress Shoes for Back Pain
- Full-Grain leather uppers for comfort and style.
- An EVA Insole and Polyurethane midsole for the best support comfort.
- The fabric liner aids in wicking away moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- A durable rubber outsole for good grip and shock absorption.
Back Pain Walking Shoe
- Mid-high rise distressed leather uppers for a soft and comfortable and luxurious feel.
- Padded tongue and collar for a more comfortable fit.
- Walking platform construction for support and stability.
- A specially designed solid rubber outsole that grips a large variety of surfaces.
- The leather uppers are very easy to clean and very durable.
Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- A biomechanical orthotic footbed is providing a steady stride and motion control.
- Designed with a deep heel cup to support the back of your feet and relieve the back pain.
- Durable yet soft rubber outsole, which further cushions the impact of your weight off your back.
- Overall, this is a great Flip Flop stylish sandal with orthopedic properties.
Orthopedic Back Pain Boot
- Features an orthopedic support and cushioned removable insole.
- A secure, fast lace-up system, and excellent ankle support.
- Smooth inner linings and flexible leather uppers.
- Available in wider widths for more toe room.
- A cushioned heel that ensures excellent shock absorbency.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Orthotic Fishermans Sandal for Back Pain
- Soft and durable uppers straps in a fisherman’s style for comfort and protection.
- Inside is a smooth and non-irritating breathable lining.
- Water-resistant and quick-drying design.
- A comfortable and shock absorbing ABZORB cushion system and SBR footbed.
- Velcro straps for an adjustable fit and a durable rubber outsole.
Slippers for Back Pain
- Reduce pressure pints with the soft and ample foam padding and cushioning.
- A contoured orthotic support insole and non-binding, extra depth design.
- Comfortable and soft seamless uppers.
- Orthopedic support and shock absorbency to relieve back pain.
Shoes for Backpain
- Available in many color selections for men and women.
- Soft fabric and synthetic overlay uppers.
- A DuraSponge outsole and blown rubber Highabrsaion resistant AHAR outsole with enhanced cushioning for shock absorbency.
- The Impact Guidance system ensures better gait efficiency.
- A cushioned Ortholite sockliner that also manages moisture.
- SPEVA Foam midsole and FlyteFoam propel technology for even more cushioning and energy return, which protects your back and joints against impact.
Backpain Relief Shoes
- Durable and breathable mesh and synthetic uppers with a cross strap closure system.
- Double insole for and extra volume insole system and removability so you can use your own orthotics.
- It offers a customizable and comfortable fit.
- Removable cushioned footbed.
Shoes for Backpain
- Orthopedic extra depth and non-binding design footwear.
- Ergonomically designed sole and air cushioning with anatomical arch support.
- The footbed is removable so you can use your own orthotics.
- Seam free fabric linings and extra padding for comfort.
- Some color availability in the Coral and Monterey.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Back Pain
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Asics Running Shoes for Lower Back Pain||Gel Nimbus 22||Gel Nimbus 22||Asics||97.8|
|2||Saucony® - Saucony Running Shoes for Back Pain||Ride 10||Ride 10||Saucony||95|
|3||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Normal to Flat Feet||M1540v3||W1540v3||New Balance||96|
|4||Adida® - Cushioned Back pain Walking Shoe||Questar Flow||Questar Flow||Adida||97|
|5||Keen® - Outdoor Walking and Hiking Shoe for Back Pain||Voyageur||Voyagear||Keen||96|
|6||Asics® - Gel Padded Back Pain Running Shoe||Gel Kayano 27||Gel Kayano 27||Asics||96|
|7||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Extra Wide Dress shoes||Gramercy||Chelsea||Orthofeet||97|
|8||Dansko® - Dress Shoes for Back Pain||Wyatt Loafer||Jessica Flat||Dansko||96|
|9||Rockport® - Back Pain Walking Shoe||World Tour Classic||Trustride||Rockport||94|
|10||Orthaheel® - Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis||Tide||Tide||Orthaheel||95|
|11||Propet® - Orthopedic Back Pain Boot||Village Walker||Delaney||Propet||97|
|12||Dunham® - Orthotic Fishermans Sandal for Back Pain||St. Johnsbury||Katy||Dunham||97|
|13||Orthofeet® - Slippers for Back Pain||Asheville||Charlotte||Orthofeet||97|
|14||Asics® - Shoes for Backpain||Gel Cumulus 22||Gel Cumulus 22||Asics||98|
|15||Propet® - Backpain Relief Shoes||Stability X Strap||Stability X Strap||Propet||96|
|16||Orthofeet® - Shoes for Backpain||Monterey Beach||Coral||Orthofeet||97|
Table of Contents
- The Main Causes for Back Pain
- How the Wrong Shoes can Cause Back Pain
- Features of a Good Shoe for Back Pain
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Back Pain Relief
- Asics Running Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- Saucony Running Shoes for Back Pain
- Running Shoes for Normal to Flat Feet
- Cushioned Back pain Walking Shoe
- Outdoor Walking and Hiking Shoe for Back Pain
- Gel Padded Back Pain Running Shoe
- Orthopedic Extra Wide Dress shoes
- Dress Shoes for Back Pain
- Back Pain Walking Shoe
- Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Orthopedic Back Pain Boot
- Orthotic Fishermans Sandal for Back Pain
- Slippers for Back Pain
- Shoes for Backpain
- Backpain Relief Shoes
- Shoes for Backpain
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Back Pain