Back pain is a highly common condition sending many patients to the doctor.
One of the major causes of back pain is wearing the wrong shoes!
In some cases, back pain is a result of minor sprains, strains, and injuries or sometimes just a pinched or irritated nerve.
Back pain can disrupt your daily activities such as sleep, walk, standing, sitting, sports and exercise and much more.
Causes for Back Pain
The causes of back pain are endless, and therefore the non-invasive treatments can also give you a solution. Even the most insignificant daily tasks and habits can over time takes its toll on your back.
- Footwear – The type of footwear that you wear can have a significant impact on the health of your back, feet, and lower limbs. The correct footwear can also relieve back pain along with foot, knee and ankle pain.
Posture – There are many other solutions to alleviating back pain, sitting up straight, keeping a good posture and avoiding awkward positions are all things you can do to prevent and reduce back pain.
Bending – Always remember to pick up heavy objects using your legs and not your back, and as far as you can avoid picking up heavy objects in general.
How the Wrong Shoes can Cause Back Pain
Your feet make up the foundation of your body, how you move and relax your feet can greatly influence many other parts of your body, one of the main parts being your back.
If the posture of your feet is improper because it is influenced by the wrong shoes, then back pain may be one of the results.
Shoes that offer no or bad support to your feet and the rest of your body will usually affect your back as well. Good examples of shoes that are bad for your back are high heels, flip-flops, and flat shoes, all of these disrupt your natural posture and eventually cause back pain.
Features of a Good Shoe for Back Pain
Many kinds of shoes available offer excellent back support, each of them having their own unique characteristics and features;
- Motion Control -Motion Control helps to regulate movement and can usually be found in running shoes.
- Strike Path – Shoes that cause the middle and front of your feet to strike first rather than the heels, usually found in minimalist shoes made for walking and travel.
- Support – Extra support that prevents abnormal movement which is one of the main reasons for back pain.
- Materails -Constructed from plastic or graphite and other similar materials that also prevent abnormal motion.
- Shock Absobency -Good shock absorbency and cushioning is very important to protect our back and knees against impact which can cause pain to these areas.
We have reviewed and chose some of the best shoes that are available today that will prevent and relieve back pain and help to ensure normal and natural movement;
Reviews: Best Shoes for Back Pain Relief1
Asics Running Shoes for Lower Back Pain
It is named Nimbus for a reason, walking in these shoes feels like walking on a cloud.
- This shoe combines both FluidFit and FluidRide technologies resulting in a balanced shoe, perfect for those who suffer from lower back pain.
- The Nimbus provides excellent shock absorption and GEL-Cushioning thanks to its innovative stabilizing Heel Clutching System.
- Superb arch support for even weight distribution.
- They are lightweight and highly durable, and a perfect choice for long distance runners and walkers.
Saucony Running Shoes for Back Pain
The Saucony Ride is an exceptional running shoe that can be used for long-distance walking and run. Saucony is a very popular and respected name in running shoes that offer a broad range of running and walking shoes that feature advanced technologies and only the best materials used for construction.
- A neutral running and walking shoe for normal to mild under pronation.
- Glossy and reflective overlays allow for night time runs and walk.
- A hydra max collar lining for more comfort.
- The comfort like sock liner ensures your feet are supported and comfortable.
- A supportive and shock absorbing PowerGrid midsole.An improved SRC impact zone to reduce stress and strain on your feet and lower limbs.
- The synthetic sole has deep forefoot flex grooves for better traction.
Running Shoes for Normal to Flat Feet
The New Balance 1540V2 is an Optimal Motion Control running shoe that is excellent for severe back pain.
- The motion control technology aids in preventing abnormal foot gait, thus keeping your posture balance, eliminating back pain.
- Comfortable and breathable synthetic leather uppers with mesh inserts.
- A durable high traction rubber outsole.
- A Rollbar support system that is an excellent feature for runners and walker with the arch type of normal to flat.
Cushioned Back pain Walking Shoe
This model from Adidas has the feature of a Cloudfoam midsole and outsole for exceptional support and shock absorbency, as well as superior cushioning.
- Cloudfoam midsole and outsole for in-step comfort and cushioning.
- Knit textile uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A sock-like fit that hugs your foot.
- Thick and durable rubber outsole for high traction capabilities and durability.
Outdoor Walking and Hiking Shoe for Back Pain
For outdoor and trail walking or hiking excursions, why not give the Keen Voyageur a go, you will be thoroughly amazed by this one!
- Leather and mesh uppers that are Breathable and Waterproof.
- A durable rubber outsole with a tread for hiking and outdoor trail walking or running.
- Cushioned metatomical EVA footbed and removable insole for the use of your own orthotic devices.
- Secure lace-up system for a more comfortable and snug fit.
- Some color variations are availble.
Gel PPadded Back Pain Running Shoe
The Gel Kayano is one of the top running shoes from Asics that has all the comfort and support technologies to prevent back ain.
- Fluid fit for a glove-like fit.
- Synthetic and mesh uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- Trusstic system for Better Gait funcioning,
- Rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning, for imact resistance.
- Rubber outsole with AHAR high abrasion resistance.
Orthopedic Extra Wide Dress shoes
The Orthofeet Gramercy and Chelsea are orthopedic dress shoes that are sure to alleviate your back pain.
- Anatomical arch support and gel Orthotic insoles with ergonomic cushioning to soften every step and provide stability and support.
- A deeper toe box for a comfortable fit.
- The non-binding relaxed fit protects pressure points and reduces friction.
- A durable and slip resistant outsole providing excellent grip.
Dress Shoes for Back Pain
A semi-casual dress shoes from Dansko ensures all-day comfort and a pain-free back.
- Full Grain leather uppers for comfort and style.
- An EVA Insole and Polyurethane midsole for the best support comfort.
- The fabric liner aids in wicking away moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- A durable rubber outsole for good grip and shock absorption.
Back Pain Walking Shoe
Yet another legendary shoes from Rockport, these shoes will take you the extra mile.
The additional comfort features such as the padded tongue and collar will give you a better fit and more comfortable wear.
- Mid-high rise distressed leather uppers for a soft and comfortable and luxurious feel.
- Padded tongue and collar for a more comfortable fit.
- Walking platform construction for support and stability.
- A specially designed solid rubber outsole that grips a large variety of surfaces.
- The leather uppers are very easy to clean and very durable.
Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
The Orthaheel Slide is a high-quality orthopedic flip-flop sandal, designed by podiatrists.
Comfortable and supportive flip flop casual sandal that will aid in alleviating back pain as well as pain associated with other conditions.
- A biomechanical orthotic footbed providing a steady stride and motion control.
- Designed with a deep heel cup to support the back of your feet and relieve the back pain.
- Durable, yet soft rubber outsole which further cushions the impact of your weight off your back.
- Overall, this is a great Flip Flop stylish sandal with orthopedic properties.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Back Pain
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Asics Running Shoes for Lower Back Pain||Asics||97|
|2||Saucony® - Saucony Running Shoes for Back Pain||Saucony||95|
|3||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Normal to Flat Feet||New Balance||96|
|4||Adida® - Cushioned Back pain Walking Shoe||Adida||97|
|5||Keen® - Outdoor Walking and Hiking Shoe for Back Pain||Keen||96|
|6||Asics® - Gel PPadded Back Pain Running Shoe||Asics||96|
|7||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Extra Wide Dress shoes||Orthofeet||97|
|8||Dansko® - Dress Shoes for Back Pain||Dansko||96|
|9||Rockport® - Back Pain Walking Shoe||Rockport||94|
|10||Orthaheel® - Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis||Orthaheel||95|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Causes for Back Pain
- How the Wrong Shoes can Cause Back Pain
- Features of a Good Shoe for Back Pain
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Back Pain Relief
- Asics Running Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- Saucony Running Shoes for Back Pain
- Running Shoes for Normal to Flat Feet
- Cushioned Back pain Walking Shoe
- Outdoor Walking and Hiking Shoe for Back Pain
- Gel PPadded Back Pain Running Shoe
- Orthopedic Extra Wide Dress shoes
- Dress Shoes for Back Pain
- Back Pain Walking Shoe
- Orthaheel Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Back Pain