Heel spurs can be discomforting, and only those who suffer from it would be able to explain more about it.
It is a condition where there is an excess deposit of calcium on the heel bone that leads to a bony protrusion on the underside of the bone.
There are many situations where the heel spur can extend by almost six inches.
The Spurs in themselves may not cause much pain, but the pain occurs on the heels preventing standing for an extended period and walking long distances, and that is why the best shoes for heel spurs can help you relieve this pain.
Here is where the right shoe for a heel spur is necessary for your particular foot type that aids in accommodating and relieving the symptoms associated with heel spurs can be a significant advantage in the healing process and prevent pain and further aggravation.
By wearing the appropriate footwear, you can significantly reduce the pain caused by heel spurs, enhance the healing process, and prevent further aggravation.
Heel Spurs no longer needs to be a debilitating condition. Therefore, we have selected some of the top brands and models of shoes that specifically cater to the requirements of individuals who have Heel Spurs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Heel Spur
- What is a Heel Spur? – A heel spur is a bony outgrowth with a pointy structure from the calcaneus bone in the heel. When the insertion of soft-tissue tendons or fascia in the heel becomes chronically inflamed, it can lead to a heel spur’s development.
- How Will a Heel Spur Affect You? – A heel spur is mainly a deposit or accumulation of calcium under the heel bone. It is an abnormal growth in the heel bone, which can cause extreme heel pain and inflammation. When this happens, a person cannot walk correctly, and thus he/she needs a particular kind of shoe for this.
- What are the Symptoms of a Heel Spur? – Heel spurs are typically located at either the back of the heel or under the heel and beneath the sole. Sometimes Heel Spurs may not cause any symptoms and are usually only discovered during an X-ray exam by accident. Heel spurs can also cause chronic and severe or mild and less recurrent pain under the foot in the heel or at the back of the heel.
- What are the Causes of Heel Spurs? – Heel Spurs can either occur alone or have some relation to an underlying disease, which may cause arthritis, which is inflammation of the joints, for example, inflammation on of the Achilles Tendon can be associated with heel spurs at the heel’s back, which causes pain and tenderness in this area. In contrast, Heel Spurs under the foot is associated with a condition called Plantar Fasciitis.
What Exactly Causes Heel Spurs?
Heel Spurs develop over a long period when calcium deposits build up on the underside of the heel bone. Heel Spurs are usually caused by strains on the foot muscles and ligaments, stretching of the Plantar Fascia, and the repeated tearing of the membrane covering the heel bone.
Heel Spurs are ubiquitous amongst athletes who are involved in excessive running and jumping.
Here are the risk factors causing heel spurs;
- Walking Gait abnormalities that place stress on the heel bone, ligaments, and nerves near the heel repeatedly.
- Running or walking on hard floor surfaces.
- A Worn-out or incorrect fitting shoe that lacks proper arch support.
- Excessive weight gain and obesity.
Features of a Good Shoe for Heel Spurs
- Cushioning – Good cushioning to absorb shocks such as Gel Cushioning, particularly in the heel area or foam cushioning. An EVA foam midsole for added shock absorbency.
- Stability – Stability features including either a deeper or heel counter heel design, a Trusstic or Guidance system, or a contoured, supportive footbed.
- Uppers – Comfortable and breathable uppers from either leather, synthetic leather, or breathable textiles such as mesh.
- Outsole – A durable rubber outsole with a lug pattern to improve grip and traction.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Heel Spurs
Here are some of the top-rated shoes for individuals with heel spurs that have been rated and reviewed the best;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Heel Spur Running Shoe
- Designed with specific gel cushioning at the rear of the shoe to absorb shocks coming from the heel areas where the major pain of heel spurs is coming from at this point.
- Comfortable Rubber soles add to the shock-absorbing effect when walking or running.
- The multi-directional upper flex provides extra comfort.
- It comes with rearfoot and forefoot GEL cushioning systems, which is quite useful indeed.
- The unique heel clutching system is making these shoes one of the best shoes for heel spurs.
Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Heel Spurs
- it is made from the best quality leather, and the shoe is imported.
- The sole is synthetic and takes into account the individual needs of those suffering from heel spurs.
- It is designed to keep the user on the move without compromising and comfort and ease.
- It comes with an inbuilt Orthaheel footbed. It helps a lot in helping in controlling motion.
- It also offers contoured arch support along with a deep heel cup. It helps a lot in aligning the stride while on the move. It helps in reducing inflammation quite significantly.
- It also comes with water-resistant uppers made from leather.
- It has high-quality mesh liners that allow easy breathing of the feet, which again is something that helps those suffering from heel spurs and other orthopedic problems.
- It also assists in removing the bad odor caused by the trapping of air inside the shoes.
- Finally, it came with a podiatrist-developed top cloth, anti-bacterial, removable, and made using the best biomechanical technologies.
- It also has a unique molded EVA midsole
Heel Spur Velcro Walking Shoe
- It is made from imported synthetic material. The synthetic material can compare with good quality leather when it comes to smoothness, suppleness, and flexibility.
- Therefore, it is very light and is considered one of the best shoes for heel spurs.
- The sole is made of high-quality rubber. While ensuring longevity, it also helps absorb shock on the heels, which customers suffering from heel spurs are looking for today.
- The outsole is slip-resistant and also oil slip-resistant; it is well and truly a supportive shoe.
- It also could be used as a suitable shoe for a regular fitness routine, even for those who suffer from various degrees of heel spurs.
- Therefore, the shoe is extra wide and helps accommodate heels that could be inflamed and tender.
- According to many customer reviews, the sole may not be as thick as other shoes but is very comfortable.
Service Shoe for Heel Spurs
- It is synthetic, fully imported, and the sole is also synthetic.
- The shoe has a cantilever heel design, which helps in providing the best stability.
- It also comes with hook and loop straps for easy removable.
- The shoe has a removable insole made from an ethylene-vinyl acetate insole.
- The uppers are stain and oil-proof.
- Finally, it has a unique anatomical cradle, which helps in motion control and aids in better shock absorption.
hook and Loop Heel Spur Walking Shoe
- Amongst the various features, the following are imperative:
- This shoe has an injection-molded EVA midsole and a 13 mm heel offset; both are proven to be very useful for arch support and inflamed toes and fingers.
- It also has adjustable instep straps accompanied by loop-and-hook closures.
- The synthetic overlays also play a big role in providing more cushioning to the feet as a whole.
- It is well-designed and looks very attractive, and has a lot of ergonomic features.
Motion Control Heel Spur Walking Shoes
- Comfortable and durable leather and synthetic uppers for breathability and a better fit.
- The durable rocker rubber outsole ensures better motion control, shock absorbency, and exceptional grip.
- A memory foam insole contours to the shape of your foot to ensure the best cushioned support.
- The cushioned insole ensures excellent arch support and comfort.
Heel Spurs Running and Walking Shoe
- leather and textile uppers that are breathable and lightweight.
- An ENCAP PU ring and EVA Core heel for better support.
- Cushioned insole and blown rubber outsole.
- Available in many color varieties to choose from as you wish.
Heel Spur Walking Sneakers
- It is ideal for other conditions, including heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, and heel pain.
- It has a lightweight sole with air cushioning for comfort and biomechanical design.
- Non-binding and extra depth.
- It comes with a removable Gel insole so you can use your orthotics.
Heel Spur Casual Sneaker
- Genuine leather uppers with a durable and shock-absorbing rubber outsole.
- Accommodate all orthotic devices.
- Durable Cement construction.
- A smooth and moisture-wicking leather lining and comfortable insole.
Shoe for Heel Spurs
- A Flytefoam midsole and Gel heel offer optimal comfort and cushioning where you need it the most.
- The upper consists of light and breathable mesh and synthetic materials.
- A guidance trusting system ensures better gait efficiency, and a durable rubber outsole offers good traction.
- The Nimbus 22 is available in a few color selections from which you can select.
Slip On Heel Spur Walking Shoe
- The shoe is lightweight with a very supportive sole and a highly cushioned and shock-absorbing heel for heel spurs.
- There is a Goga Mat Air-cooled insole for cooling cushioning and an Ultra GO lightweight foamy sole.
- The uppers have a breathable Flyknit design for lightweight comfort.
- The slip-on style shoe is available in many color selections.
Shoe for Heel Spur
- These ankle boots have layers and layers of cushioning and a supportive heel cup perfect for heel spurs.
- The design has extra depth and toe room and accommodates orthotic devices.
- Smooth leather uppers give you a more comfortable and supportive fit, with a durable rubber outsole for good traction.
- You can choose between different and even extended width options in both these boot models.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Heel Spurs
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Heel Spur Running Shoe||Gel Cumulus 23||Gel Cumulus 23||Asics||98.2|
|2||Vionic® - Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Heel Spurs||Walker||Walker||Vionic||98|
|3||Reebok® - Heel Spur Velcro Walking Shoe||Work 'N Cushion 4.0||Work 'N Cushion 3.0||Reebok||95|
|4||AVIA® - Service Shoe for Heel Spurs||Union Strap||Union Strap||AVIA||95|
|5||New Balance® - hook and Loop Heel Spur Walking Shoe||MW577||WW577||New Balance||96|
|6||Skechers® - Motion Control Heel Spur Walking Shoes||Shape Ups||Shape Ups Kinetix||Skechers||95|
|7||New Balance® - Heel Spurs Running and Walking Shoe||990V5||990V5||New Balance||98|
|8||Vionic® - Heel Spur Walking Sneakers||Dominic||Brisk Miles||Vionic||97|
|9||Mephisto® - Heel Spur Casual Sneaker||Paco||Laser||Mephisto||97|
|10||Asics® - Shoe for Heel Spurs||Gel Nimbus 23||Gel Nimbus 23||Asics||98|
|11||Skechers® - Slip On Heel Spur Walking Shoe||Go Walk 5||Go Walk 5||Skechers||97.5|
|12||Orthofeet® - Shoe for Heel Spur||Glacier||Tivoli||Orthofeet||98|
Table of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions About Heel Spur
- What Exactly Causes Heel Spurs?
- Features of a Good Shoe for Heel Spurs
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Heel Spurs
- Heel Spur Running Shoe
- Podiatrist Designed Shoes for Heel Spurs
- Heel Spur Velcro Walking Shoe
- Service Shoe for Heel Spurs
- hook and Loop Heel Spur Walking Shoe
- Motion Control Heel Spur Walking Shoes
- Heel Spurs Running and Walking Shoe
- Heel Spur Walking Sneakers
- Heel Spur Casual Sneaker
- Shoe for Heel Spurs
- Slip On Heel Spur Walking Shoe
- Shoe for Heel Spur
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Heel Spurs