Hip pain and discomfort can occur for many reasons, usually from poor alignment or repetitive activities that place strain on the hip joint.
In turn, the wrong shoes can also have a role in hip pain and can actually aggravate and, in some instances, cause hip pain.
Why Choose a Good Shoe for Hip Pain
Selecting the right shoe, especially for walking and running when you have hip pain, can help you to easily and painlessly perform physical activities without the risk of doing further damage to the hip joints.
On the contrary, the wrong shoes can exaggerate existing hip pain or even be the cause of your hip pain in the first place.
So moreover, the right supportive and comfortable fitting shoe will help to ease the pain and prevent further damage to the hip and other joints in the body while enabling you to perform tasks and even exercise and sports without pain or risk of injury.
How to Choose The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
Here are a few basic considerations when choosing the right shoes for Hip Pain;
- Avoid High Heels and Flats – High heels throw your whole body out of alignment and can cause a string of issues including severe hip pain, Likewise flat shoes offer no shock resistance cushioning or support of any kind so you should avoid them as well.
Firm Midsole – Look for something with a firmer rather than flexible midsole as you will need a bit more stability.
Non-Bending Extra Depth Design – This will depend on your level of pronation; if your shoes tend to wear out on the inner side, you will need a non-Bending shoe, and if they wear out on the outer shoe you will need an extra depth shoe. For both always repair worn-out shoes.
Arch and Heel Support – Arch support helps to spread your weight correctly over the entire foot; therefore, it’s vital to choose the right arch support for your foot type and arch type. Heel support or cushioning absorbs shock to prevent impact on the knee and hip joints.
Cushioning – Cushioning provides to only a comfortable base for your feet but also attenuates shock and reduces strain on the knees and hips.
Fit – Your shoes need to it and fit well as an improper fit can also cause many issues, including hip pain.
Features of a Good Shoe for Hip Pain
- Gel or Air or EVA foam cushioning in the insole and midsole.
- A durable and high Traction rubber outsole.
- Heel crash pads or support.
- Breathable and flexible uppers.
- A firmer non-bending sole.
- Smooth and moisture-wicking interior linings.
- Good arch support.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
These are some of the ideal choices in different shoe types and brands to hel with Hip Pain;
Walking and Running Shoes for Hip Pain
The Gel-Nimbus 22 from Asics is a top running and walking shoe with technology to give you the most comfort and pain relief.
- A softer gel cushioning unit that also attenuates shock.
- Flytefoam Propel technology in the midsole for energy-returning cushioning.
- The Trusstic system ensures lightweight arch support and better stability and weight distribution.
- The uppers are very lightweight and breathable from mesh and synthetic materials.
- The fit is adaptable and comfortable.
- There is a durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- Also, available in many colors to select from.
Hip Pain Dress Shoes
These are two stunning and comfortable address shoes that are ideal for hip pain and other conditions and foot issues.
- Both have an extra depth and roomy toe fit design and are available in wider width options.
- The Maya for the ladies has a medium Bio Heel, and the Gramercy for the men is an Oxford styled lace-up shoes.
- The footbed offers anatomical arch support and lightweight air cushioning with an orthopedic design for maximum support and cushioning.
- The leather uppers are soft and comfortable with a non-binding design.
Sandals for Hip Pain
The most comfortable casual sandals are, of course, from Vionic, I have chosen the Tide for men and women, which are excellent selections for those hot summer leisure days.
- Fabric and synthetic leather upper straps in different colors styles, patterns, and with or without embellishments for the ladies.
- The Ladies sandal has a slightly more platform style sole while the men’s is lower.
- Both have a dual-density cushioned and comfortable midsole and a molded EVA footbed for optimal support.
- A durable rubber outsole offers a long-lasting grip.
Hip Pain Shoes
The Brooks Ghost 12 is the latest in its range and comes in many variations of colors that you can choose from.
- Ideal for neutral runners and also as a walking shoe.
- Offers optimal support and cushioning with a balancing BioMoGo DNA Loft in cushioning.
- There are segmented crash pads for a smooth and stable ride, and it offers a soft and secure fit with 3D print.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures good traction on most surfaces.
Walking Shoes for Hip Pain
The Skechers Shape-Ups has technology that improves movement and offers better stability with less strain on your joints.
- Inside is a comfortable Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat insole.
- The sole has a rocker design and is made from thick rubber.
- Premium and breathable leather uppers.
- The shoe is available in either a solid black or a solid white color option.
Boots for Hip Pain
The Vogor and Ranger from Dr.Comfort are two comfortable outdoor and everyday wear boots, which are ideal for individuals who suffer from hip pain.
- The uppers consist of durable genuine leather in a black or tan color option with a lace-up feature and Velcro strap.
- The users are also breathable and regulate heat to keep your feet at the perfect temperature.
- There is a removable cushioned insole to accommodate your own orthotics and a protective toe box.
- The fit is roomy and overall comfortable and relaxed.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hip Pain
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Walking and Running Shoes for Hip Pain||Asics||99|
|2||Orthofeet® - Hip Pain Dress Shoes||Orthofeet||98|
|3||Vionic® - Sandals for Hip Pain||Vionic||97|
|4||Brooks® - Hip Pain Shoes||Brooks||97|
|5||Skechers Shape Ups® - Walking Shoes for Hip Pain||Skechers Shape Ups||98|
|6||Dr. Comfort® - Boots for Hip Pain||Dr. Comfort||98|
Table of Contents
- Why Choose a Good Shoe for Hip Pain
- How to Choose The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
- Features of a Good Shoe for Hip Pain
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
- Walking and Running Shoes for Hip Pain
- Hip Pain Dress Shoes
- Sandals for Hip Pain
- Hip Pain Shoes
- Walking Shoes for Hip Pain
- Boots for Hip Pain
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hip Pain