Hip pain and discomfort can occur for many reasons, usually from poor alignment or repetitive activities that strain the hip joint.
In turn, the wrong shoes can also have a role in hip pain and can actually aggravate and, in some instances, cause hip pain, and that is why you will need to look for the best shoes for hip pain, with the right features and support.
Why Choose a Good Shoe for Hip Pain
Selecting the right shoe, especially for walking and running when you have hip pain, can help you to easily and painlessly perform physical activities without the risk of doing further damage to the hip joints.
On the contrary, the wrong shoes can exaggerate existing hip pain or even be the cause of your hip pain in the first place.
Moreover, the right supportive and comfortable fitting shoe will help ease the pain and prevent further damage to the hip and other joints in the body while enabling you to perform tasks and even exercise and sports without pain or risk of injury.
How to Choose The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
Here are a few basic considerations when choosing the right shoes for Hip Pain;
- Avoid High Heels and Flats – High heels throw your whole body out of alignment and can cause a string of issues, including severe hip pain; likewise, flat shoes offer no shock resistance cushioning or support of any kind, so you should avoid them as well.
- Firm Midsole – Look for something with a firmer rather than flexible midsole as you will need a bit more stability.
- Non-Bending Extra Depth Design – This will depend on your level of pronation; if your shoes tend to wear out on the inner side, you will need a non-Bending shoe, and if they wear out on the outer shoe, you will need an extra depth shoe. For both, always repair worn-out shoes.
- Arch and Heel Support – Arch support helps spread your weight correctly over the entire foot; therefore, it’s vital to choose the right arch support for your foot type and arch type. Heel support or cushioning absorbs shock to prevent impact on the knee and hip joints.
- Cushioning – Cushioning provides only a comfortable base for your feet but also attenuates shock and reduces strain on the knees and hips.
- Fit – Your shoes need to fit and fit well, as an improper fit can also cause many issues, including hip pain.
Features of a Good Shoe for Hip Pain
- Cushioning – Gel or Air or EVA foam cushioning in the insole and midsole.
- Outsole – A durable and high Traction rubber outsole.
- Support – Heel crash pads or support. A firmer non-bending sole. Good arch support.
- Uppers – Breathable and flexible uppers. Smooth and moisture-wicking interior linings.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
These are some of the ideal choices in different shoe types and brands to help with Hip Pain;
Walking and Running Shoes for Hip Pain
- A softer gel cushioning unit that also attenuates shock.
- Flytefoam Propel technology in the midsole for energy-returning cushioning.
- The Trusstic system ensures lightweight arch support and better stability and weight distribution.
- The uppers are very lightweight and breathable from mesh and synthetic materials.
- The fit is adaptable and comfortable.
- There is a durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- Also, available in many colors to select from.
Hip Pain Dress Shoes
- Both have an extra depth and roomy toe fit design and are available in wider width options.
- The Celina for the ladies is a dress pump, and the Gramercy for the men is an Oxford styled lace-up shoes.
- The footbed offers anatomical arch support and lightweight air cushioning with an orthopedic design for maximum support and cushioning.
- The leather uppers are soft and comfortable with a non-binding design.
Sandals for Hip Pain
- Fabric and synthetic leather upper straps in different colors, styles, patterns, and with or without embellishments for the ladies.
- The Ladies’ sandal has a slightly more platform style sole while the men’s is lower.
- Both have a dual-density cushioned and comfortable midsole and a molded EVA footbed for optimal support.
- A durable rubber outsole offers a long-lasting grip.
Hip Pain Shoes
- Ideal for neutral runners and also as a walking shoe.
- Offers optimal support and cushioning with a balancing BioMoGo DNA Loft in cushioning.
- There are segmented crash pads for a smooth and stable ride, and it offers a soft and secure fit with 3D print.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures good traction on most surfaces.
Walking Shoes for Hip Pain
- Inside is a comfortable Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat insole.
- The sole has a rocker design and is made from thick rubber.
- Premium and breathable leather uppers.
- The shoe is available in either a solid black or a solid white color option.
Boots for Hip Pain
- The uppers consist of durable genuine leather in a black or tan color option with a lace-up feature and Velcro strap.
- The users are also breathable and regulate heat to keep their feet at the perfect temperature.
- There is a removable cushioned insole to accommodate your own orthotics and a protective toe box.
- The fit is roomy and overall comfortable and relaxed.
Hip Pain Flip Flops
- A comfortable flip-flop sandal with cushioning for hip pain.
- There is cushioning in the heel and ball of the foot, with built-in arch support.
- The flip flops are comfortable and ideal for all occasions in the summertime.
- They have a foamy sole and rubber uppers.
- More colors are available.
Gym Shoes for Hip Pain
- The training shoes have a Propulsion Trusstic System, FlyetFoam Midsole, DuoMax Support System, and Gel cushioning for comfort and support.
- They provide good support to help with hip pain.
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- More colors are likewise available.
Hip Pain Shoes
- Orthopedic design comfort shoes for hip pain.
- They have a Velcro closure and leather uppers with genuine leather.
- The sole is a durable and slip-resistant rubber.
- Inside are removable cushioned orthotics and EVA midsole with arch support.
Shoes for Hip Pain
- Easy slip-on and off shoes for hip pain.
- Inside is a memory foam cushioned insole.
- There are a Goga Max High Rebound insole and a Responsive 5 Gen cushioning system.
- The uppers are soft and breathable fabric.
- Many color options are available.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hip Pain
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Walking and Running Shoes for Hip Pain||Gel Nimbus 23||Gel Nimbus 23||Asics||99|
|2||Orthofeet® - Hip Pain Dress Shoes||Gramercy||Celina||Orthofeet||98|
|3||Vionic® - Sandals for Hip Pain||Tide||Pacific High Tide||Vionic||97|
|4||Brooks® - Hip Pain Shoes||Ghost 13||Ghost 13||Brooks||97|
|5||Skechers Shape Ups® - Walking Shoes for Hip Pain||Max Cushioning Elite||Max Cushioning Elite||Skechers Shape Ups||98|
|6||Dr. Comfort® - Boots for Hip Pain||Ranger||Vigor||Dr. Comfort||98|
|8||FitFlop® - Hip Pain Flip Flops||Iqushion||Iqushion||FitFlop||97.7|
|11||Asics® - Gym Shoes for Hip Pain||Gel DS Trainer||Gel DS Trainer||Asics||97.6|
|9||Propet® - Hip Pain Shoes||LifeWalker||TourWalker||Propet||97.6|
|10||Skechers® - Shoes for Hip Pain||Go Walk Equalizer||Go Walk Joy||Skechers||97.3|
Table of Contents
- Why Choose a Good Shoe for Hip Pain
- How to Choose The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
- Features of a Good Shoe for Hip Pain
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Hip Pain
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hip Pain