There’s that expression: being light on your feet that denotes grace and agility in movement, and indeed, most people would agree that being weighed down by one’s shoes is never a happy experience.
Moreover, too heavy shoes won’t let you walk far, and may harm your health.
Most people prefer to go for lightweight walking shoes that are light yet sturdy and comfortable.
Different Types of Lightweight Shoes
Shoes are designed for a broad range of legs based on arch form and pronation.
This list will give you some options depending on the type and anatomy of your sole so that you can choose the very best lightweight shoes for flat feet and the very best for high arches or normal arches.
You will also find some great selections of Stability shoes or Motion Control shoes depending on the type of pronation you may have, either overpronation or under pronation.
Brands of Lightweight Walking Shoes
A few of the finest brands that make great lightweight shoes are Asics, Nike, Rockport, Merrell, Converse, Mephisto, VivoBarefoot, OluKai, and New Balance.
These brands specialize and are categorized by the particular base type of light shoes they design.
The shoe recommendations given below were obtained from a wide variety of brands so that you can choose your favorite ones easily.
Tip for Finding a Good Lightweight Walking Shoes
Visit a shoe store that and speak with a knowledgeable staff member who will analyze the type of your legs and make suggestions on the very best shoes that especially for you.
You may even bring in your current shoes as the wear and tear pattern on the soles might help determine what type of shoe you may need.
Buy your footwear from a store that permits you to exchange or return your shoes inside the first 30 to sixty days.
A pair that feels wonderful on your legs in the store might give you trouble when you start walking in your every day’s surroundings.
Reviews: Best Lightweight Walking Shoes1
Lightweight Running Shoe
The New ASICS GEL-Nimbus make use of FluidFit technology, which are stretch reinforcements and multi-directional stretch mesh combined to create a perfect fit.
- This shoe uses GEL-Cushioning technology that reduces the shock during impact, allowing for a smooth transition throughout your stride.
- Forefoot and Rearfoot and GEL-Cushioning framework providing better support for under-pronated foot structure.
- Excellent shock absorbent and cushioning, making this shoe a very comfortable one.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S) allowing the foot to perform in a more natural manner resulting in a healthier foot motion.
Lightweight Running Shoes
The men version weight is only 214 grams(0.47 pound) and the weight of the women’s version is 178 grams(0.39 pound).
- A great light walkers shoes from an iconic brand.
- Extremely light and comfortable it provides excellent value for money.
- Available in a range of sizes: 6 to 15.
- The midsole encompasses Hexagon flex grooves to allow a full range of motion.
- Heel to Toe Offset: 6mm.
- Available in a variety of colors as well as solid black and one shade of white.
- It is very highly regarded by most users for its lightweight, comfort, and great arch support.
Lightweight Running Shoes for High Arches
The New Balance 1080 Men version weighs only 294 grams (0.64 pounds), and the Women’s version weighs just 247 grams (0.54 pound)
- These shoes are perfect for those with a high arch condition.
- They support the foot firmly, look great with jeans and a t-shirt and will last you for years.
- The toe box is spacious, which lets the toes carry more weight – a very helpful way to help to ease the pain and weight from the heel for people who suffer and need a good shoe for Plantar Fasciitis support.
- We also picked this shoe to one of the best shoes for people who suffer from high arches.
- These Shoes have a skeletally engineered upper that provides ultralight support and fit and are considered among the best lightweight running shoes for men and women.
- It is created by fusing two extremely thin materials with a no-sew process.
Lightweight Trail Running Shoes
The New Balance 10V4 Men version weighs 204 grams (0.45 pound), and the Women’s version weighs only 161 grams (0.35 pound)
- This brand has quite a formidable reputation vis-à-vis their shoes.
- Comfort is an integral part of the design of any New Balance shoe.
- The manufacturers take great care to use light but sturdy materials to make their product very comfortable indeed.
- In keeping with their objective of providing comfort and ease of wearing to the user, These lightweight running shoes are of the sneaker variety and offer features like interlocking Sure-Laces fastening of shoes.
- You can pick up a pair of these shoes online at a reasonable price.
- Like many of New Balance shoes you can pick a wide toe box shoes in case you have a wide foot.
Light Cross Training Shoe
The Reebok Crossfit Nano is an All-in-One Crossfit Training Shoe perfect for cardio and weightlifting workouts.
- A textile lining for breathability and RopePro protection wrap for durability and protection.
- The lace-up design provides a snug fit.
- A cushioned footbed for added comfort and shock absorption.
- The 4mm heel to toe drop improves stability.
- Forefoot and heel pods for cushioning and shock absorption.
- A durable outsole is providing superior grip and traction.
- Available in a vast range of colors.
Orthopedic Lightweight Walking Shoe
This classic craftsmanship and sophisticated style are the finest quality in a comfortable walking shoe.
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, provide many protective and comfort features.
- This shoe has Ortho-Cushion™ Technology that takes a new approach to relieve pain and delivering true comfort.
- Patented biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the knee, helping to relieve pain and slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Flex-OA footwear is clinically proven to reduce the load on the knees by 20% on average.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow normal motion to occur.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement that typically lost with modern footwear.
- The effect is a measured and proven reduction in load on your legs and feet.
Gel Cushioned Light Walking Shoes
Slip-On Lightweight Walking Shoes
Skechers are quite popular because of their flexibility, lightweight and comfort level.
- They provide a natural stride when you walk in them.
- The outsole is made up of rubber and has three-layer protection against any kind of weather.
- They are extremely light in weight, which is a great thing for walking long distances.
- They are equipped with a full-length Goga Mat with energy insole.
Lighweight Water Walking Shoes
These water walking shoes offer a stretchable feel to the feet at an affordable price.
- The Traxion outsole puts these shoes ahead for best performance when walking in wet environments.
- The Climacool Tooling construction improves breathability and comfort.
- The Adidas drainage system and a well-designed EVA tongue top render these shoes the best.
- You can find it in various multi-colored options to choose from, depending on your taste and preference.
- It is suitable for many activities such as hiking, swimming or even going out for a trip.
- They get dry within the least time possible and are quite durable.
Casual Lightweight Sneakers
A lightweight sneaker in the classic Oxford design and will go with most outfits.
- Its rubber outsole for a firm grip on all manner of surfaces, an EVA midsole for shock absorption for less foot and leg fatigue, and incorporation of ADIPRENE technology make it the ideal walking shoe.
- The fact that it has a supportive footbed enhances the comfort factor and gives it a personalized fit.
- Most users find that it fits very well, like a glove, and is extremely comfortable to wear.
- It is worth every cent of its price.
Classic Lightweight Sneaker
This is a pair of sneakers that defined the world’s sneaker design.
- This shoe is crafted using canvas, which is an extremely light material.
- The upper narrow ribbed fabric is weaved together, giving the shoe its signature striking look.
- The shoe is equally impressive in all its over 50 colors.
- You can expect these light sneakers to become quite a rage.
Light Walking Shoes
These are extremely light walking shoes by VivoBarefoot – as the name suggests, you walk lightly almost with no shoes on.
- They let your feet behave naturally with the perfect balance of fashion and function.
- These shoes have zero-drop midsole design and an Anatomic toe box.
- A minimalist barefoot feel.
- Durable and long-lasting outsole.
Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes
OluKai Nohea is stylish shoes for that perfect mix of function and fashion.
- Contoured footbed offers extraordinary cushioning, support, and resilience.
- Sizing Tip: They run a bit large, so you should choose a half size down.
- Made to be worn with or without socks.
- Versatile Drop-In Heel: Crafted with a drop in the heel that folds down for extra comfort.
Lightweight Casual Dress Shoe
This company claims that they make the “finest walking shoes,” and they don’t exaggerate.
- Their range of walking shoes, for example, is quite exemplary.
- Hand-made and exquisitely designed a pair could set you back by its price.
- The Mephisto shoe brand is one of our choices for the best orthopedic shoes.
- These are, of course, well worth the money spent, as they denote class, sophistication and elegance, and above all, great comfort.
- Needless to say, these can be part of a fashionable wardrobe, given their styling and finish.
Lightweight Dress Shoes with Arch Support
- Full-grain leather upper and stretchy gore allows extra movement.
- Comfort feel and stability, no more sore feet will after long walks.
- Many Width sizes to choose from: medium and up to extra-extra-wide (4E); in all sizes.
- These shoes are an excellent option for those who need arch support in great looking dress shoes.
- Though they are for office work or just dressing purposes, these shoes an absolute lightweight dream to walk in.
Theraputic Extra Wide Lightweight Dress Shoes
The Orthofeet Chelsea and Gramercy are lightweight orthopedic dress shoes that have a wider fit to accommodate various foot conditions, including Plantar Fasciitis.
- Anatomical arch support and Orthotic gel insoles with ergonomic cushioning to soften every step and provide stability and support.
- A deeper toe box to accommodate Bunions and hammertoes for a more comfortable fit.
- The non-binding relaxed fit protects pressure points and reduces friction.
- A durable and slip-resistant outsole providing excellent grip.
Lightweight Flat Feet Dress Shoes
Classic lightweight and comfortable to wear flat feet shoes.
- Cushioning and support are provided by the Ortholite® footbed.
- Available colors are black or brown in these shoes.
- These shoes are very comfortable being one of the best shoes for standing all day at work.
- These shoes come in extended sizes and very wide widths.
- Their great style will be a perfect match for everyone who is looking for classic office work shoes.
Lightweight Work Shoes
- It is one of the high-quality brands which offer immense comfort to the wearer.
- The treated leather in these shoes eradicate fungal infections and do not let the moisture crop in.
- The height of the shoes is perfect to balance a good posture as it will then relieve the excess pressure on the hips, ankles, and knees.
- It is suited for any heavy use and is slip-resistant in nature.
- The stitching aspect is also good, and any part can be replaced easily without any hassles.
Lightweight Hiking Shoes
- Special SELECT GRIP outsole provides unparalleled stability on various terrains and surfaces.
- Elastic cords as the laces provide a quick, easy, and more precise fit on your feet.
- Midsole: Utilizing the specialized M Select FRESH Molded EVA footbed for exceptional cushioning and comfort.
- Heel: The Merrell Air Cushion absorbs shocks and adds stability for flat footers.
- Hikers love these shoes as they find them as light as loafers, and this makes the task of climbing a lot less tiring.
- Note: for some weird reasons, Merrell does not have a women’s version for this hiking shoes – Though many women in the reviews say they buy them 1-2 sizes smaller and they fit very well and look cute.
Ultra Lightweight Hiking Boots
This is a high top ‘sneaker-inspired’ boot that the French Legion originally used as combat boot is the deserts of North Africa; many professional hikers recommend it:
- Uppers: Made from light Canvas featuring wrap-around textured.
- Distinctly casual looking shoes, made from canvas and a manmade outsole.
- Colors: Available in many colors: black, white, indigo, green, and more.
- Outsole: Reinforced toe and a high-walled rubber outsole with deep treads for extra grip.
- A stylish boot that you can wear with any daily casual outfit.
- Cleaning the Palladium Pampa is simple – just throw them into the washing machine.
- These boots are more suited for the summer and hot desert weather.
- In case you need to hike in a wet environment – use the Waterproof Palladium Pampa version.
Lightweight Off Road Trail Walking Shoe
- The Vivobarefoot® Primus Trek is a versatile Leather walking shoe.
- Uppers: Water-resistant leather.
- Lace-up closure with durable, thick laces.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar. Soft textile lining offers a great in-shoe feel.
- Removable thermal insole with Outlast™ insulation.
- All-terrain non-marking grippy rubber outsole.
- Weight: 13 oz for a size 46 (US Men’s 12), width D – Medium.
As you can see from our selection, there are many great shoes that are not bulky or heavy that will keep your feet energized and provided lightweight comfort.
Each of these shoes has unique features making them more lightweight but also comfortable and supportive enough to walk with.
Index Table of Lightweight Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Lightweight Running Shoe||Asics||97.4|
|2||Nike® - Lightweight Running Shoes||Nike||97|
|3||New Balance® - Lightweight Running Shoes for High Arches||New Balance||97|
|4||New Balance® - Lightweight Trail Running Shoes||New Balance||94|
|5||Reebok® - Light Cross Training Shoe||Reebok||98|
|6||Vionic® - Orthopedic Lightweight Walking Shoe||Vionic||97|
|7||Asics® - Gel Cushioned Light Walking Shoes||Asics||96|
|8||Skechers® - Slip-On Lightweight Walking Shoes||Skechers||95|
|9||Adidas® - Lighweight Water Walking Shoes||Adidas||98|
|10||Rockport® - Casual Lightweight Sneakers||Rockport||96|
|11||Converse® - Classic Lightweight Sneaker||Converse||97|
|12||VivoBarefoot® - Light Walking Shoes||VivoBarefoot||97|
|13||OluKai® - Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes||OluKai||96|
|14||Mephisto® - Lightweight Casual Dress Shoe||Mephisto||95|
|15||Dunham® - Lightweight Dress Shoes with Arch Support||Dunham||95|
|16||Orthofeet® - Theraputic Extra Wide Lightweight Dress Shoes||Orthofeet||95|
|17||Clarks® - Lightweight Flat Feet Dress Shoes||Clarks||95|
|18||Dr. Martens® - Lightweight Work Shoes||Dr. Martens||94|
|19||Merrell® - Lightweight Hiking Shoes||Merrell||96|
|20||Palladium® - Ultra Lightweight Hiking Boots||Palladium||94|
|21||Vivobarefoot® - Lightweight Off Road Trail Walking Shoe||Vivobarefoot||98|
Table of Contents
- Different Types of Lightweight Shoes
- Brands of Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Tip for Finding a Good Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Reviews: Best Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Running Shoe
- Lightweight Running Shoes
- Lightweight Running Shoes for High Arches
- Lightweight Trail Running Shoes
- Light Cross Training Shoe
- Orthopedic Lightweight Walking Shoe
- Gel Cushioned Light Walking Shoes
- Slip-On Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Lighweight Water Walking Shoes
- Casual Lightweight Sneakers
- Classic Lightweight Sneaker
- Light Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes
- Lightweight Casual Dress Shoe
- Lightweight Dress Shoes with Arch Support
- Theraputic Extra Wide Lightweight Dress Shoes
- Lightweight Flat Feet Dress Shoes
- Lightweight Work Shoes
- Lightweight Hiking Shoes
- Ultra Lightweight Hiking Boots
- Lightweight Off Road Trail Walking Shoe
- In Conclusion
- Index Table of Lightweight Shoes