There’s that expression: being light on your feet that denotes grace and agility in movement, and indeed, most people would agree that being weighed down by one’s shoes is never a happy experience.
Moreover, too heavy shoes won’t let you walk far, and may harm your health, that is why you need the best lightweight walking shoes.
Most people prefer to go for lightweight walking shoes that are light yet sturdy and comfortable.
Different Types of Lightweight Shoes
Shoes are designed for a broad range of legs based on arch form and pronation.
This list will give you some options depending on your sole’s type and anatomy so that you can choose the very best lightweight shoes for flat feet and the very best for high arches or normal arches.
You will also find some great selections of Stability shoes or Motion Control shoes depending on the type of pronation you may have, either overpronation or under pronation.
Brands of Lightweight Walking Shoes
A few of the finest brands that make great lightweight shoes are Asics, Nike, Rockport, Merrell, Converse, Mephisto, VivoBarefoot, OluKai, and New Balance.
These brands specialize and are categorized by the particular base type of light shoes they design.
The shoe recommendations given below were obtained from a wide variety of brands so that you can choose your favorite ones easily.
Tip for Finding a Good Lightweight Walking Shoes
Visit a shoe store that and speak with a knowledgeable staff member who will analyze your legs’ type and make suggestions on the very best shoes that especially for you.
You may even bring in your current shoes as the soles’ wear and tear pattern might help determine what type of shoe you may need.
Buy your footwear from a store that permits you to exchange or return your shoes within the first 30 to sixty days.
A pair that feels wonderful on your legs in the store might trouble you when you start walking in your everyday surroundings.
Benefits of Wearing Lightweight Walking Shoes
As many models of walking shoes tend to be more on the heavy side, a more lightweight shoe is always more comfortable and beneficial;
- Great Summer Options – In the hot summers, heavy and thick shoes can become overheated and uncomfortable to walk in. A more lightweight pair of shoes I ideal for summer as it is light and breezy.
- Prevent Foot Fatigue – A lighter weight shoe causes less strain and pressure on the joints and muscles than a heavy shoe and can help prevent foot fatigue.
- Comfortable – Lightweight shoes are more comfortable in general and have a softer and more breathable construction.
- Control Moisture – With improved breathability and lighter materials such as mesh and textiles, your feet will be better ventilated and stay dry.
Features of a Good Lightweight Walking Shoe
- Uppers – Look for lightweight dn breathable uppesr such as mesh, or leather, or canvas options.
- Midsole and Insole – A foam midsole such as EVA or Gel provides excellent shock absorbency, while a softer cushioned insole and moisture-wicking lining provide excellent comfort.
- Outsole – Look for a lightweight and durable rubber or synthetic outsole hat with a tread for good traction.
- Options – Most lightweight walking shoes are available in size, width, and more color options depending on the brand and specific model.
Reviews: Best Lightweight Walking Shoes
We hope you love the lightweight walking shoes we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Lightweight Running Shoe
- This shoe uses GEL-Cushioning technology that reduces the shock during impact, allowing for a smooth transition throughout your stride.
- Forefoot and Rearfoot and GEL-Cushioning framework providing better support for under-pronated foot structure.
- Excellent shock absorbent and cushioning, making this shoe a very comfortable one.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S) allows the foot to perform more naturally, resulting in a healthier foot motion.
Lightweight Running Shoes
- A great light walkers shoes from an iconic brand.
- Extremely light and comfortable, it provides excellent value for money.
- Available in a range of sizes: 6 to 15.
- The midsole encompasses Hexagon flex grooves to allow a full range of motion.
- Heel to Toe Offset: 6mm.
- Available in a variety of colors as well as solid black and one shade of white.
- Most users very highly regard it for its lightweight, comfort, and great arch support.
Lightweight Running Shoes for High Arches
- These shoes are perfect for those with a high arch condition.
- They support the foot firmly, look great with jeans and a t-shirt, and will last you for years.
- The toe box is spacious, which lets the toes carry more weight – a beneficial way to help to ease the pain and weight from the heel for people who suffer and need a good shoe for Plantar Fasciitis support.
- We also picked this shoe as one of the best shoes for people who suffer from high arches.
- These Shoes have a skeletally engineered upper that provides ultralight support and fit and are considered among the best lightweight running shoes for men and women.
- It is created by fusing two fragile materials with a no-sew process.
Lightweight Trail Running Shoes
- This brand has quite a formidable reputation vis-à-vis their shoes.
- Comfort is an integral part of the design of any New Balance shoe.
- The manufacturers take great care to use light but sturdy materials to make their product very comfortable indeed.
- In keeping with their objective of providing comfort and ease of wearing to the user, These lightweight running shoes are of the sneaker variety. They offer features like interlocking Sure-Laces fastening of shoes.
- You can pick up a pair of these shoes online at a reasonable price.
- Like many of New Balance shoes you can pick a wide toe box shoes in case you have a wide foot.
Light Cross Training Shoe
- A textile lining for breathability and RopePro protection wrap for durability and protection.
- The lace-up design provides a snug fit.
- A cushioned footbed for added comfort and shock absorption.
- The 4mm heel-to-toe drop improves stability.
- Forefoot and heel pods for cushioning and shock absorption.
- A durable outsole is providing superior grip and traction.
- Available in a vast range of colors.
Orthopedic Lightweight Walking Shoe
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, it provides many protective and comfortable features.
- This shoe has Ortho-Cushion™ Technology that takes a new approach to relieve pain and deliver true comfort.
- Patented biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the knee, helping relieve pain and slow osteoarthritis progression.
- Flex-OA footwear is clinically proven to reduce the load on the knees by 20% on average.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow a normal motion.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement typically lost with modern footwear.
- The effect is a measured and proven reduction in load on your legs and feet.
Gel Cushioned Light Walking Shoes
- The upper is light and breathable mesh.
- There are a cushioned insole and supportive shock-absorbing midsole.
- Gel cushioning in the heel and forefoot provides better shock absorbency.
- The rubber outsole is durable and ensures good traction.
Slip-On Lightweight Walking Shoes
- They provide a natural stride when you walk in them.
- The outsole is made up of rubber and has three-layer protection against any weather.
- They are extremely light in weight, which is a great thing for walking long distances.
- They are equipped with a full-length Goga Mat with an energy insole.
Lighweight Water Walking Shoes
- The Traxion outsole puts these shoes ahead for best performance when walking in wet environments.
- The Climacool Tooling construction improves breathability and comfort.
- The Adidas drainage system and a well-designed EVA tongue top render these shoes the best.
- You can find it in various multi-colored options to choose from, depending on your taste and preference.
- It is suitable for many activities such as hiking, swimming or even going out for a trip.
- They get dry within the least time possible and are quite durable.
Casual Lightweight Sneakers
- Its rubber outsole for a firm grip on all surfaces, an EVA midsole for shock absorption for less foot and leg fatigue, and incorporating ADIPRENE technology make it ideal for walking shoes.
- The fact that it has a supportive footbed enhances the comfort factor and gives it a personalized fit.
- Most users find that it fits very well, like a glove, and is extremely comfortable to wear.
- It is worth every cent of its price.
Classic Lightweight Sneaker
- This shoe is crafted using canvas, which is an extremely light material.
- The upper narrow ribbed fabric is weaved together, giving the shoe its signature striking look.
- The shoe is equally impressive in all its over 50 colors.
- You can expect these light sneakers to become quite a rage.
Light Walking Shoes
- They let your feet behave naturally with the perfect balance of fashion and function.
- These shoes have a zero-drop midsole design and an Anatomic toe box.
- A minimalist barefoot feel.
- Durable and long-lasting outsole.
Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes
- A contoured footbed offers extraordinary cushioning, support, and resilience.
- Sizing Tip: They run a bit large, so you should choose a half size down.
- It is made to be worn with or without socks.
- Versatile Drop-In Heel: Crafted with a drop in the heel that folds down for extra comfort.
Lightweight Casual Dress Shoe
- Their range of walking shoes, for example, is quite exemplary.
- Hand-made and exquisitely designed, a pair could set you back by its price.
- The Mephisto shoe brand is one of our choices for the best orthopedic shoes.
- These are, of course, well worth the money spent, as they denote class, sophistication and elegance, and above all, great comfort.
- Needless to say, these can be part of a fashionable wardrobe, given their styling and finish.
Lightweight Dress Shoes with Arch Support
- Full-grain leather upper and stretchy gore allows extra movement.
- Comfort feel and stability, no more sore feet will after long walks.
- Many Width sizes to choose from: medium and up to extra-extra-wide (4E); in all sizes.
- These shoes are an excellent option for those who need arch support in great-looking dress shoes.
- Though they are for office work or just dressing purposes, these shoes are an absolute lightweight dream to walk in.
Theraputic Extra Wide Lightweight Dress Shoes
- Anatomical arch support and Orthotic gel insoles with ergonomic cushioning soften every step and provide stability and support.
- A deeper toe box to accommodate Bunions and hammertoes for a more comfortable fit.
- The non-binding relaxed fit protects pressure points and reduces friction.
- A durable and slip-resistant outsole provides excellent grip.
Lightweight Flat Feet Dress Shoes
- The Ortholite® footbed provides cushioning and support.
- Available colors are black or brown in these shoes.
- These shoes are very comfortable being one of the best shoes for standing all day at work.
- These shoes come in extended sizes and extensive widths.
- Their great style will be a perfect match for everyone who is looking for classic office work shoes.
Lightweight Work Shoes
- It is one of the high-quality brands which offer immense comfort to the wearer.
- The treated leather in these shoes eradicates fungal infections and does not let the moisture crop in.
- The shoes’ height is perfect to balance a good posture as it will then relieve the excess pressure on the hips, ankles, and knees.
- It is suited for any heavy use and is slip-resistant in nature.
- The stitching aspect is also good, and you can replace any part easily without any hassles.
Lightweight Hiking Shoes
- Special SELECT GRIP outsole provides unparalleled stability on various terrains and surfaces.
- Elastic cords as the laces provide a quick, easy, and more precise fit on your feet.
- Midsole: Utilizing the specialized M Select FRESH Molded EVA footbed for exceptional cushioning and comfort.
- Heel: The Merrell Air Cushion absorbs shocks and adds stability for flat footers.
- Hikers love these shoes as they find them as light as loafers, and this makes the task of climbing a lot less tiring.
- Note: for some weird reasons, Merrell does not have a women’s version for these hiking shoes – Though many women in the reviews say they buy them 1-2 smaller, and they fit very well and look cute.
Ultra Lightweight Hiking Boots
- Uppers: Made from light Canvas featuring wrap-around textured.
- Distinctly casual-looking shoes, made from canvas and a human-made outsole.
- Colors: Available in many colors: black, white, indigo, green, and more.
- Outsole: Reinforced toe and a high-walled rubber outsole with deep treads for extra grip.
- A stylish boot that you can wear with any daily casual outfit.
- Cleaning the Palladium Pampa is simple – throw them into the washing machine.
- These boots are more suited for the summer and hot desert weather.
- In case you need to hike in a wet environment – use the Waterproof Palladium Pampa version.
Lightweight Off Road Trail Walking Shoe
- The Vivobarefoot® Primus Trek is a versatile leather walking shoe.
- Uppers: Water-resistant leather.
- Lace-up closure with durable, thick laces.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar. Soft textile lining offers a great in-shoe feel.
- Removable thermal insole with Outlast™ insulation.
- All-terrain non-marking grippy rubber outsole.
- Weight: 13 oz for a size 46 (US Men’s 12), width D – Medium.
Lightweight Sandals for Walking
- The Upper is a soft textile material with a bungee lace-up system for a secure fit.
- The footbed is cushioned and comfortable with EVA foam, and there is a supportive Midsole.
- The durable rubber outsole is a lug for slip resistance and traction.
- You can also select from a few available color options.
Slip on Lightweight Walking Shoe
- The Upper is 100% breathable and light textile available in many color selections.
- There are a Cushioned 5Gen midsole and a Goga Max Technology footbed for comfort and shock absorbency.
- The rubber outsole is durable and ensures excellent traction.
- The uppers also consist of s soft and light mesh fabric.
Lightweight Walking Shoes
- The Upper is a soft and breathable mesh fabric.
- There are a Flexible sole and a cushioned footbed.
- The shoe is A5500 medicare coded and ideal for diabetes and similar conditions.
- There s also a flexible and durable rubber outsole.
As you can see from our selection, many great shoes are not bulky or heavy that will keep your feet energized and provided lightweight comfort.
These shoes have unique features, making them more lightweight, comfortable, and supportive enough to walk with.
Index Table: Top Rated Lightweight Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Lightweight Running Shoe||Nimbus 24||Nimbus 24||Asics||97.4|
|2||Nike® - Lightweight Running Shoes||Free Run||Free 5||Nike||97|
|3||New Balance® - Lightweight Running Shoes for High Arches||1080v11||1080v11||New Balance||97|
|4||New Balance® - Lightweight Trail Running Shoes||MT10V4||WT10V4||New Balance||94|
|5||Reebok® - Light Cross Training Shoe||Crossfit Nano 9.0||Crossfit Nano 9.0||Reebok||98|
|6||Vionic® - Orthopedic Lightweight Walking Shoe||Ansel||Brisk Miles||Vionic||97|
|7||Asics® - Gel Cushioned Light Walking Shoes||Gel-Quantum 90||Gel-Quickwalk 3||Asics||96|
|8||Skechers® - Slip-On Lightweight Walking Shoes||Go Walk 6||Go Walk 6||Skechers||95|
|9||Adidas® - Lighweight Water Walking Shoes||Duramo||Climacool Boat||Adidas||98|
|10||Rockport® - Casual Lightweight Sneakers||Chranson||Emalyn||Rockport||96|
|11||Converse® - Classic Lightweight Sneaker||Chuck Taylor||Chuck Taylor||Converse||97|
|12||VivoBarefoot® - Light Walking Shoes||Ra II||Rif||VivoBarefoot||97|
|13||OluKai® - Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes||Nohea||Nohea||OluKai||96|
|14||Mephisto® - Lightweight Casual Dress Shoe||Match||Ruby||Mephisto||95|
|15||Dunham® - Lightweight Dress Shoes with Arch Support||Blair||Origins||Dunham||95|
|16||Orthofeet® - Theraputic Extra Wide Lightweight Dress Shoes||Gramercy||Quincy||Orthofeet||95|
|17||Clarks® - Lightweight Flat Feet Dress Shoes||Stratton||Brier Dolly||Clarks||95|
|18||Dr. Martens® - Lightweight Work Shoes||1461||1461||Dr. Martens||94|
|19||Merrell® - Lightweight Hiking Shoes||Chameleon 8||Shift Traveler||Merrell||96|
|20||Palladium® - Ultra Lightweight Hiking Boots||Pampa||Pampa||Palladium||94|
|21||Vivobarefoot® - Lightweight Off Road Trail Walking Shoe||Primus Treck||Primus Treck||Vivobarefoot||98|
|22||Dream Pairs® - Lightweight Sandals for Walking||Adventurous||Adventurous||Dream Pairs||98|
|23||Skechers® - Slip on Lightweight Walking Shoe||Go Walk Slip On||Go Walk Slip On||Skechers||97.8|
|24||Propet® - Lightweight Walking Shoes||Kellen Skate||TravelFit||Propet||97|
Table of Contents
- Different Types of Lightweight Shoes
- Brands of Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Tip for Finding a Good Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Benefits of Wearing Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Features of a Good Lightweight Walking Shoe
- Reviews: Best Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Running Shoe
- Lightweight Running Shoes
- Lightweight Running Shoes for High Arches
- Lightweight Trail Running Shoes
- Light Cross Training Shoe
- Orthopedic Lightweight Walking Shoe
- Gel Cushioned Light Walking Shoes
- Slip-On Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Lighweight Water Walking Shoes
- Casual Lightweight Sneakers
- Classic Lightweight Sneaker
- Light Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes
- Lightweight Casual Dress Shoe
- Lightweight Dress Shoes with Arch Support
- Theraputic Extra Wide Lightweight Dress Shoes
- Lightweight Flat Feet Dress Shoes
- Lightweight Work Shoes
- Lightweight Hiking Shoes
- Ultra Lightweight Hiking Boots
- Lightweight Off Road Trail Walking Shoe
- Lightweight Sandals for Walking
- Slip on Lightweight Walking Shoe
- Lightweight Walking Shoes
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: Top Rated Lightweight Walking Shoes