A Rocker Bottom or Rocker Sole Shoe is a shoe with a thicker than the standard sole and a more rounded heel along with a very stiff front part.
This creates a rocking effect that helps to alleviate foot pain and other foot condition’s symptoms.
Recent research on rocker bottom shoes concluded that these shoes helped over 76% of the participants in the research on various foot-related problems, the researchers do not recommend these type of shoes for people who have stability issues.
Rocker Sole Shoes the New Hype
Rocker bottom shoes have become very popular in the podiatry industry, as well as exercise shoes and other shoe industries. More and more shoe companies are releasing shoe styles with a rocker bottom makeover.
There are many claims that rocker bottom shoe aid in improving your balance and posture and rocker bottom exercise shoes help you to tone and strengthen your muscles and burn more calories.
These claims, however, are not supported by research; Rocker Bottom Sandals and Shoes are meant for people with foot conditions and other chronic conditions to rectify these conditions and reduce the symptoms.
Wearing a rocker bottom shoe that is inappropriate on a healthy foot without the recommendation of a qualified podiatrist can cause more damage than good.
The Function of a Rocker Bottom Shoe
A rocker bottom or rocker sole shoe is also known as a toning shoe or rounded sole shoe and can replace regular sole shoe with almost any style of footwear.
There are rocker sole shoes that are built for the specific purpose of reducing the function of or replacing the function of a joint of which the functionality is weak or lost.
A rocker bottom shoe also aids in compensating for the lost range of motion at the ankle joint.
A rocker shoe enables more stable footing while standing and assists with the propulsive gait phase reducing pain when walking and making it more natural.
Who will Benefit from a Rocker Bottom Shoe
Those who benefit the most from any modified sole on a shoe are usually people who have arthritis, diabetes, and other disorders that can cause pain or loss of motion in the foot and ankle joints.
How does a Rocker Bottom Shoe Work
The rocker bottom or Rocker sole makes use of a very simple concept of a contoured and rigid platform that controls the motion of your joints by rocking the foot from the heel strike right through to the toe-off stage.
The location and pitch of the contour are adjusted, so the weight of the body causes your foot to rock when it passes over the fulcrum of the shoe.
A double rocker sole or bottom is a bit different in that the thinnest portion of the sole is placed at the midfoot where a section of the sole is removed.
Reviews: Best Rocker Bottom Shoes
Here are the top reviewed shoes that have Rocker bottoms or soles to aid in relieving the symptoms of certain foot conditions and pain;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Rocker Sole Shoes
- Leather uppers with a perforated tongue for breathability.
- Lace-up system for a custom and comfortable fit.
- A stabilizing side and heel overlay for stability and support.
- The full-length memory foam cushioned insole absorbs shock and keeps your feet comfortable.
- The outsole is manufactured from high traction nitrile rubber that is durable and slips resistant.
Athletic Rocker Sole Walking Shoe
- The added depth and double added depth makes this shoe great for use with orthotic devices and provides a better fit for foot conditions.
- The Drilex-covered insoles are treated with AEGIS anti-microbial treatment to keep your feet cool and dry.
- The built-in heel cushion pad, wide shank, and rocker bottom provides excellent comfort and improves overall performance.
- The foam-padded tongue and collar ensure a comfortable and cushioned fit.
- Lace-up closure for a more secure and adjustable fit.
Rocker Bottom Slip On Clog
- The stain-resistant leather uppers are comfortable and durable.
- A leather lining aids in wicking away moisture and keeping the feet dry and comfortable.
- A removable cork, latex and memory foam footbed keeps your feet supported and cushioned to reduce strain and stress on the feet and ankles.
- The non-slip polyurethane outsole is durable and offers a good grip.
Rocker Sole Oxford Dress Shoes
- The Multi-Layered curved sole enhances the walking experience.
- The PU midsole, along with the shank and Masai sensor technology, creates a soft surface that makes it feel like you are walking barefoot on soft sand or moss while supporting the muscle system.
- An MBT shoe improves your gait and posture while also relieving pressure on your joints and back.
- The MBT technology also exercises a large number of muscles in your body when you are walking and standing and aids in burning calories and speeds up muscle regeneration.
- A stunning dress shoe that can be worn to work or for formal occasions.
Rocker Bottom Clog
- Stylish and durable leather uppers.
- A perforated insole offers comfort, support, and breathability.
- The firm foot and arch support keep your feet stable and comfortable, preventing damage and injuries.
- A Rocker bottom sole with anti-fatigue technology.
- Shock absorption equal to that of athletic shoes.
- A more roomy toe box for natural movement and to provide relief to people who have hammertoes or bunions.
- A durable outsole for good grip and traction.
- Available in a variety of colors.
Rocker Bottom Running Shoe
- Lightweight and breathable synthetic and mesh uppers with a padded tongue and collar for comfort.
- Inside is a comfortable cushioned insole and a moisture-wicking lining.
- The midsole has EGo technology for shock absorbency, and there are Stabilipods for further impact reduction.
- Medial Guide Rails help to control pronation and allow for more natural motion.
- There is a FootPod traction outsole that is durable and offers excellent traction.
- An added stability shank and anatomical cradle in the heel for better support and motion control.
Athletic Rocker Bottom Shoe
- There are lightweight 3D uppers with mesh and synthetic overlays for breathability and strength.
- A dual-density TPU and Nylon midsole, for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- Durable PU coating for long-lasting quality.
- A Rocker outsole made from durable rubber.
- The insole is removable, allowing you the use of your own orthotics.
Rocker Bottom Dress Shoe
- Genuine leather uppers construction in a fashionable and formal style.
- An MBT patented Rocker Bottom rubber outsole.
- The multi-layered sole ensures excellent stability and control.
- A comfortable cushioned insole and breathable design.
Rocker Sole Design Walking and Running Shoe
- There is a rubber outsole that offers excellent traction, with a Rocker design Sole for stability.
- The midsole offers the Fresh Foam technology plush cushioning and shock absorbency.
- There is a cushioned NB insert that is removable and a moisture-wicking lining.
- You can get all New Balance shoe models in wider width options.
Meta-Rocker Sole Walking Shoes
- The Upper is a breathable mesh that offers a comfortable fit with a roomy toe box.
- There is a Foam Padded Insole and Full-Length EVA Midsole for optimal cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The Thick rubber outsole has a Meta-Rocker design for better stability and motion control.
- You can also choose from a large range of color options.
Rocker Sole Flip Flops Sandals
- You can choose between four Unisex colors, just make sure to take half a size down for ladies.
- The sandal is synthetic with a foamy and soft footbed and a Rocker design Sole.
- The Outsole offers excellent slip resistance and grip.
- The Oofos Ooriginal is the ideal in-between shoe or post-recovery shoe.
Rocker Sole Running Shoe
- The Upper is a lightweight and flexible mesh.
- Inside is a comfortable cushioned and Molded Sockliner and a supportive cushioned midsole.
- The Thick Rocker Sole offers excellent shock absorbency and stability.
- The outsole is a durable and high traction rubber.
Rocker Sole Slide Sandal
- The Rocker Sole design removes all pressure from key areas in the feet and absorbs much more impact.
- OOfoam recovery technology provides cushioning and support to give your feet a break.
- There are a few color options available in the slide sandal.
- These sandals are also machine washable.
Rocker Bottom Athletic Shoe
- The sole is a thick rubber with the Rocker Bottom design for stability and support.
- The Rocker level is moderate for running and walking.
- There is ample cushioning and support, as well as improved midfoot-forefoot transitioning.
- The uppers are also a light and breathable mesh fabric.
The Popularity of Rocker Soles
Rocker bottom or Rocker sole shoes have become quite a hit these days, although it is advised only to use them if you have a foot condition or the recommendation of your podiatrist.
A rocker bottom shoe can improve and enhance the health of your feet and entire body and aid in reducing pain and pressure to the joints of the feet and lower limbs.
There is a vast range of footwear types to choose from that have rocker bottoms or soles, and more and more companies are giving rocker bottom makeovers to their popular shoe style ranges.
Index Table: Top Rated Rocker Bottom Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Skechers® - Rocker Sole Shoes||Shape Ups||Shape Ups||Skechers||96.9|
|2||Drew® - Athletic Rocker Sole Walking Shoe||Force||Flare||Drew||97|
|3||Alegria® - Rocker Bottom Slip On Clog||Chairman||Classic||Alegria||95|
|4||MBT® - Rocker Sole Oxford Dress Shoes||Kabisa||Pata||MBT||96|
|5||Dansko® - Rocker Bottom Clog||Professional||Professional||Dansko||97|
|6||Altra® - Rocker Bottom Running Shoe||Paradigm 4.5||Paradigm 4.5||Altra||97|
|7||MBT® - Athletic Rocker Bottom Shoe||Sport 3||Sport 3||MBT||98|
|8||MBT® - Rocker Bottom Dress Shoe||Boston||Paloma||MBT||97|
|9||New Balance® - Rocker Sole Design Walking and Running Shoe||1080V10||1080V10||New Balance||96.5|
|10||Hoka One® - Meta-Rocker Sole Walking Shoes||Bondi 7||Bondi 7||Hoka One||97.6|
|11||OOFOS® - Rocker Sole Flip Flops Sandals||Ooriginal||Ooriginal||OOFOS||97|
|12||New Balance® - Rocker Sole Running Shoe||Fresh Foam V1||Fresh Foam V1||New Balance||97|
|13||OOFOS® - Rocker Sole Slide Sandal||OOahh||OOahh||OOFOS||97|
|14||MBT® - Rocker Bottom Athletic Shoe||GT 18||GT 18||MBT||97|
Table of Contents
- Rocker Sole Shoes the New Hype
- The Function of a Rocker Bottom Shoe
- How does a Rocker Bottom Shoe Work
- Reviews: Best Rocker Bottom Shoes
- Rocker Sole Shoes
- Athletic Rocker Sole Walking Shoe
- Rocker Bottom Slip On Clog
- Rocker Sole Oxford Dress Shoes
- Rocker Bottom Clog
- Rocker Bottom Running Shoe
- Athletic Rocker Bottom Shoe
- Rocker Bottom Dress Shoe
- Rocker Sole Design Walking and Running Shoe
- Meta-Rocker Sole Walking Shoes
- Rocker Sole Flip Flops Sandals
- Rocker Sole Running Shoe
- Rocker Sole Slide Sandal
- Rocker Bottom Athletic Shoe
- The Popularity of Rocker Soles
- Index Table: Top Rated Rocker Bottom Shoes