Gout is one of the most common forms of inflammatory arthritis. It is a painful condition, and it usually only affects one joint at a time, though it can affect future joints in your body. Gout is well known to often affect the big toe joints. Gout is known by its flare-ups and times when they are symptoms or no symptoms, and times known as remission. Repeated outs of gout can lead to a gout sort of arthritis, which is a worsened form of arthritis. Unfortunately, there is no cure for gout. But you can effectively treat and manage the condition, and you can also try and prevent it.
If you have gout in your big toe especially, you will find much relief from a more comfortable and considerate fitting shoe, especially when it comes to dressing shoes for gouts. So we want to help you find dress shoe for gout that has a more obliging fit and more comfort features to reduce the symptoms and reduce further aggravation.
Gout and Your Feet
So as we have mentioned, Gart is also a form of arthritis, it happens with flare-ups that can last for a couple of days or weeks that cause much pain and discomfort. Gout mainly attacks your joints, and in most cases, it will attack the joint in your big toe.
- Symptoms – So God affects one or more joints in your body, which, for the most part, will be your victor joint, unfortunately, guards, are known by their flare-ups. A gout flare-up causes extreme pain, inflammation, and a burning sensation in the affected joint that may last for hours, days, and sometimes even weeks. The extreme pain will last for a couple of hours and then become less and less as the day pause. However, they may so be some discomfort. Some of the main symptoms, or usually very intense pain, swelling, redness, and heat in specific joints.
- Causes – So how do you actually get guns? Gout occurs because you have too much uric acid in your body. Your body makes Uruguay natural when breaks down purines found in your body and in certain foods that you eat. Your kidneys are responsible for excreting uric acid and getting excess uric acid out of your body. Sometimes there is just too much uric acid, or your kidneys on functioning properly, which means there is a bold up of uric acid in the body. The uric acid then goes and sits in your joints and creates crystals in the flu. In the fluids and the tissues in your joints, these. These crystals cause pain and flare-ups.
- Risk Factors – No, it is very, very rare that you can develop gout as a hereditary condition. Gout, unfortunately, does affect men more than women. Certain risk factors include being obese, having poor kidney functions, and conditions such as diabetes, metabolic syndrome, insulin, resistance, high blood pressure, and congestive heart failure. What you eat and drink can also cause gout. Consuming drinks that are high in fructose, which is a type of sugar, and drinks such as alcoholic beverages, especially beer, can lead to gout. Diets high in purines such as red meats, organ meats, and some kinds of seafood, including anchovies, sardines, mussels Scallops, Trout, and tuna may also lead to gout.
- Treatment – Unfortunately, there is not much of a careful guard. However, you can manage the pain and the flare-ups. You can. You can use anti-inflammatory drugs, and pain medication such as ibuprofen and steroids to manage pain and flare-ups. But by making some changes to your diet and your lifestyle, by limiting alcohol intake and eating less purine-rich foods like red meat and organ meats, and also by getting good exercise, you can prevent future gout attacks.
Shoes for Gout
As I have mentioned, Gout mainly attacks the joints in your picture. So we will be specifically looking at good dress shoes that are more accommodating gout in the big toe.
When you have a painful big toe or a gut flare-up that is just attacked, the last thing you want is a shoe that does not offer good underfoot comfort and a shoe that presses or squeezes against your big toe.
Gout flare-ups also often cause a heated and burning sensation in the joint, in which case it means you will need a shoe that is a more breathable design, and that will not cause overheating that can worsen the pain.
So all in all, we are going to be looking at shoes that have softer and more comfortable uppers that have a more roomy toe box fit that is available in wider widths, and also at shoes that have good and comfortable underfoot cushioning and some stability features to prevent. Excessive motion in the big toe when walking or standing or running.
For this article, we are only going to be looking at dress shoes for gout, rather than other shoe types such as athletic or Orthopedic shoes and sandals. In general, athletic shoes and Orthopedic shoes are prescribed for people who suffer from gout in the big toe.
Features of a Good Dress Shoe for Gout
- Uppers – So firstly, we are going to consider the uppers of the tissue for guns. Most issues have leather uppers. You are going to be looking for softer leather, such as suede, nubuck, or just regular smooth leather. I would opt for genuine leather rather. Rather than synthetic leather, we also want a shoe that has an interior lining to Wick away moisture and keep our feet cool. The toe box of the dress shoe needs to be quite wide and roomy and not have anything that can press against your big toe.
- Comfort – You do want some comfort features, especially good underfoot comfort in the footbed of your ratio for gout. So we will be looking for a cushioned insole and a more shock-absorbing midsole. Foams such as EVA are better at absorbing shock while softer foams such as memory foam or ideal for comfort as an insole.
- Support Features – Some stability in your dress shoe is advised, as you want a little bit less motion on the joint of the big toe that could cause pain. So a slightly more rigid stole and more stability features or advice.
- Outsole – Most dress shoes will either have a rubber or a synthetic outsole. We do want an outsole that is slightly firmer and thicker to absorb shock, and that also offers good slip resistance.
- Options – I have included some dress shoe options that are available in wider widths and extended sizes, and that you can get in a few more colors, though take note that most colors of dress shoes will be more on the neutral side.
Reviews: The Best Dress Shoes for Gout
So here we go with our list of the best dress shoes that are ideal if you have gout;
- The Vionic Sullivan is a slip-on dress shoe for gout.
- It has a roomy toe box and is available in wider widths.
- It has a removable leather insole and a podiatrist-design footbed.
- The shoe is available in a few neutral colors.
- The Harper is a formal loafer with a more relaxed fit for Gout.
- The Air Cooled Memory foam insole is ideal for Gout Flare uppers.
- It is easy to slip on and off.
- The shoe is leather with a rubber outsole.
- The Gramercy is an Orthopedic shoe specifically designed for issues such as Gout, hammertoes, and bunions.
- It has a wide toe box and an extra depth design.
- There is a supportive footbed that is well-cushioned and has an ergonomic sole.
- The shoe has an orthotic insole and comfortable lining.
- The Vionic Khai is a comfortable slip-on shoe for Gout.
- It is cool with soft leather uppers and an easy slip-on style.
- There is a podiatrist design footbed and comfortable arch support.
- The outsole is thick and shock-absorbing.
- The Spruce is a more supportive dress shoe for gout with an adjustable fit.
- The lace-up design allows you to adjust the fit to your specific needs.
- The shoe has a concealed arch support footbed with comfortable cushioning.
- The toe box is wide and roomy, and wider widths are available.
- The Oxford sneaker from Hush Puppies is a semi-formal dress shoe for Gout with a softer sole.
- It has leather uppers and an adjustable fit, with a smooth knit lining.
- The removable bounce footbed allows you the use your orthotics.
- The Strobel construction allows for light flexibility in the shoe.
Index Table: Top Rated Dress Shoes for Gout
|Vionic Men's Spruce Sullivan - Dress Shoes for Gout
|Skechers Men's Harper - Loafer Dress Shoes for Gout
|Orthofeet Men's Gramercy - Dress Shoes for Gout
|Vionic Men's Khai - Slip On Dress Shoes for Gout
|Vionic Men's Spruce - Dress Shoes for Gout
|Hush Puppies Men's bennet - Dress Shoes for Gout
Table of Contents
- Gout and Your Feet
- Shoes for Gout
- Features of a Good Dress Shoe for Gout
- Reviews: The Best Dress Shoes for Gout
- Index Table: Top Rated Dress Shoes for Gout