It can be quite difficult to find the best shoes for swollen feet or Edema. Therefore we have rounded up some of the best shoes for Edema on the market today, which will help to accommodate this condition.
What Exactly is Edema
Edema is a condition that develops over time, whereby your body starts to retain excess fluids in the tissues, which causes swelling.
The swelling caused by Edema usually affects the hands, arms, ankles, legs, and feet.
There are approximately 4.4 million people in the U.S only that have developed Edema.
The symptoms of Edema can differ, and they usually depend on the cause of Edema; Hence, it is essential to pick the best shoes for edema to lower the swelling and inflammations in your feet.
The Causes of Swollen Feet
- Physical Factors – Edema is a condition caused by external factors that influence your health, such as water retention and pregnancy.
- Ergonomics – Edema can result in people who sit or stand for very long periods, as well as individuals who eat too many salty foods.
- In Women – Premenstrual signs and symptoms, as well as pregnancy, are also some causes of Edema, although in these cases, it is generally temporary.
- Medications – For some, Edema is a side effect of using certain medications such as high blood pressure medication, steroids, Non-Steroidal anti-inflammatories, Estrogens, and a diabetic medication called Thiazolidinediones.
- Medical Conditions – In some more severe cases, Edema may be caused by a more serious medical condition.
How to Reduce The Symptoms of Edema
A few Methods that aid in Reducing Swelling;
- To relieve your limbs’ swelling, you can elevate your legs, particularly if you are sitting for a long period. Taking frequent walking breaks will increase circulation, causing your lymphatic system to pump out excess fluid.
- Compression stockings give great support if you have to stand for long periods.
- Lastly, a foot massage can also improve circulation and reduce excess fluids.
What is a Good Shoe for Edema Swollen Feet
- Materails – Good shoe for Edema should firstly be easy to put on and made of stretchable materials.
- Design – In this case a slip on shoes or a shoe with an adjustable closure is your best option.
- Support – A supportive shoe that gives good ankle and arch support to help reduce the stress on your feet, particularly with weight gain and pregnancy.
- Wide Width, Of course, a little extra room, so a wide size fit should do the trick to accommodate your swollen feet.
- More depth in a shoe – is also a great advantage for those who suffer from Edema.
Best Walking Shoes for Swollen Feet1
Wide Athletic Edema Walking Shoes
- Stylish cute shoes for Edema, wearing the shoe is quite a comfort.
- Rubber soles are of the best quality and offer the best of durability and comfort both in one.
- The unique ABSORB midsole will keep your feet stable and supported at all times.
- Lightweight on the feet but does not compromise on quality.
- Wide toe box: up to 4E in men’s version and a 2E in the women’s version, ensure to accommodate swollen feet.
Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes
- Lightweight and seamless construction for a more flexible, comfortable, and wide fit.
- Heel support and a soft rubber sole with a rigid shank and reinforced counter for the best stability and support.
- Available in a triple width system with two removable spacer insoles to customize depth.
- Available in different patterns, colors, sizes, and widths.
Strap on Shoes for Edema Patients
- The perforated uppers offer you exceptional breathability.
- Velcro straps for a secure and adjustable fit.
- The EVA midsole will reduce impact and absorb shock.
- A cushioned and padded footbed, with an additional padded collar and tongue, ensures that you have superior comfort and support.
- The Nylon lining wicks away moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh.
- A durable non-slip rubber outsole that also aids in shock absorption.
Edema Walking and Running Shoes
- The No-Sew Engineered Mesh uppers offer a flexible fit for swelling and Edema, and you can get the shoe in wider width options.
- There is an NB cushioned insert and TRUFUSE shock-absorbing Midsole.
- The sol is a durable rubber for high traction, and there is a Molded 3D heel cup to prevent heel slippage.
- You can also choose from a few color selections in the men’s model.
Best Dress Shoes for Edema5
Slip-On Wide Dress Shoe
- Smooth and soft leather uppers for a comfortable fit.
- A Hook and Loop closure for easy on and off and a comfortable fit on the Gil.
- The lightweight ZeroG outsole reduces the shoe’s weight and still provides support and shock absorbency.
- High-quality and durable shoes.
- A removable contoured EVA footbed with a breathable mesh cover.
- Available in wide width sizes.
Extra Depth and Width Dress Edema Shoe
- These Therapeutic shoes for men and women, by Dr. Comfort, are stretchable, excellent quality shoes.
- It is made to accommodate and protect diabetic foot.
- The unique orthopedic design and soft buttery leather make it very comfortable.
- It comes with Dr. Comfort Gel Insoles to provide extra cushion and support on top of great comfort.
- The only downside is that it comes just in two colors: black or chestnut.
Velcro Dress Shoes for Edema
- It has a removable insole system with shock-absorbing foam and gives you better arch support.
- The strap enclosure ensures that you can adjust these shoes’ depth and width to accommodate your swollen feet.
- The breathable base and venting system will keep your feet dry and odor-free all day.
- It is lined with soft Neoprene uppers to keep you comfortable.
- The PU outsole is durable and offers exceptional traction.
- Available in different color variations.
Edema Dress Shoes
- The Upper is durable genuine leather.
- The shoe features a very roomy fit and is available in wide and extra-wide width fit options.
- Both shoes have a comfortable, removable insert as well as a seamless no friction interior lining,
- There is an elongated medial and lateral counter for additional stability and support.
Best Slippers for Edema and Swollen Feet9
Slippers with Arch Support
- Soft, padded foam and smooth fabric lining eliminate any pressure points on your feet.
- A contoured orthotic insole for support and comfort.
- A non-binding, extra depth design to reduce pressure on feet and eliminate friction.
- Orthopedic slippers cater to many different types of feet and medical conditions.
Slippers for Edema
- The hook and loop closures at the instep ensure you a personalized and comfortable fit.
- The heel-to-toe cushioning will give you maximum shock absorption and support.
- A non-marking rubber outsole for excellent grip on any floor surface.
- The uppers are manufactured from wool and are hand washable.
- These are top shoes for edema that offer protection against odor, staining, and bacteria deterioration.
- Available in black and charcoal colors.
Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Shoes
- The uppers are made from lightweight and stretchable lycra that is seamless and easy to wash.
- A padded lining offers cushioned comfort.
- This shoe can accommodate internal foot braces and extra volume because of its double depth.
- One strap Velcro closure for an easy on and off.
- A durable outsole will give you a good grip.
- Available in different widths.
Best Sandals for Swollen Feet12
Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Sandal
- Soft and comfortable leather uppers.
- A contoured orthotic insole with anatomical arch support and a padded heel seat that conforms to your foot’s shape.
- The non-binding, extra depth design and the wider toe box are perfect for those who suffer from Edema.
- Available in wider widths and a few color options.
Extra Depth Orthopedic Sandal
- Soft grain leather uppers are seamless and have a padded lining for luxurious comfort.
- A removable backstrap and Velcro closures for a secure and customized fit.
- The comfortable and supportive removable footbed allows you to use your won orthotics.
- Available in black and brown and wider width sizes to accommodate every foot type and condition.
- A durable outsole for support and sound footing.
Sandals for Edema
- The uppers are leather with adjustable straps and an adjustable slingback strap for a secure fit.
- The Cork latex Footbedmolds to the shape of your feet for customized comfort and support.
- The outsole is a durable rubber that also ensures excellent traction.
- You can choose from a few neutral color options in the Milano.
Best Socks for Edema15
Therapeutic Edema Socks
- Soft and comfortable, non-binding 87% cotton socks.
- It is primarily developed using innovative expertise to allow maximum circumference in both legs, ankles, and feet.
- Available in 5 different colors.
Best Edema Boots16
Edema Western Boots
- Leather uppers with decorative stitching in a Western Cowboy boot style.
- A breathable and moisture-wicking interior mesh lining.
- Comfortable padded insole.
- Wider toe area and square toe design ideal for swollen feet.
Orthopedic Edema Boots
- Non-Binding, seam-free, and wider width upper design ideal for painful foot conditions.
- A comfortable and cushioned footbed that is removable allows you to use your own orthotics.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent shock absorbency and grip.
- Available in a variety of widths and sizes for all feet types.
Edema Hiking Boots
- Textile and leather uppers that are smooth, supple, and breathable.
- Completely waterproof construction with a slip-resistant durable outsole.
- Cushioned insole and comfortable, roomy toe and forefoot area.
- Quick and easy, secure lacing system for an adjustable fit.
Walking Shoes for Edema
- The Upper is soft and flexible, consisting of a mesh fabric that is light and breathable.
- There is a cushioned midsole and insole with Goga Max high rebound technology and 5Gen cushioning.
- A durable rubber outsole provides long-lasting slip resistance and shock absorbency.
- You can choose from many color options available in this range.
Walking Shoes for Edema
- There are a few neutral color options from which you can select well-extended widths and sizes.
- Inside is a comfortable cushioned insole and a supportive midsole and a flexible sole, and a durable rubber outsole.
- The shoe is medicare A5500, coded as a Diabetic shoe.
- The rubber outsole is durable and also provides excellent traction.
Sandals for Edema
- The uppers are a soft textile material, and there is a lace-up bungee closure to accommodate an adjustable fit.
- The insole is fully cushioned and comfortable, and there is a durable slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Overall the sandal is lightweight and comfortable with a more flexible sole.
- There are also a few neutral color options available from which c you can select.
The symptoms of Edema should no longer get you down; with our excellent selection of shoes that caters to the symptoms of Edema and many other foot conditions, you can walk with comfort and confidence.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Edema
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Wide Athletic Edema Walking Shoes||MW877||WW877||New Balance||94|
|2||Vionic® - Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes||Fulton||Kona||Vionic||95|
|3||Propet® - Strap on Shoes for Edema Patients||Life Walker||Tour Walker||Propet||94|
|4||New Balance® - Edema Walking and Running Shoes||860V11||860V11||New Balance||96.5|
|5||Hush Puppies® - Slip-On Wide Dress Shoe||Gil||Heaven||Hush Puppies||97|
|6||Dr. Comfort® - Extra Depth and Width Dress Edema Shoe||Douglas||Annie||Dr. Comfort||95|
|7||Propet® - Velcro Dress Shoes for Edema||Scandia||Olivia||Propet||97|
|8||Apis Emey® - Edema Dress Shoes||801||9205||Apis Emey||96|
|9||Orthofeet® - Slippers with Arch Support||Asheville||Charlotte||Orthofeet||97|
|10||Foamtreads® - Slippers for Edema||Physician||Physician||Foamtreads||96|
|11||Dr. Comfort® - Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Shoes||Carter||Marla||Dr. Comfort||95|
|12||Orthofeet® - Therapeutic Edema and Diabetic Sandal||Alpine||Naples||Orthofeet||96|
|13||Dr. Comfort® - Extra Depth Orthopedic Sandal||Fisherman||Breeze||Dr. Comfort||96|
|14||Birkenstock® - Sandals for Edema||Milano||Milano||Birkenstock||97|
|15||IOMI® - Therapeutic Edema Socks||Non Binding||Non Binding||IOMI||97|
|16||Ariat® - Edema Western Boots||Workhog H2O||Fat Baby||Ariat||97|
|17||Propet® - Orthopedic Edema Boots||Cliffwalker||Delaney||Propet||98|
|18||KEEN® - Edema Hiking Boots||Targhee II||Targhee II||KEEN||96|
|19||Skechers® - Walking Shoes for Edema||Go Walk Slip On||Go Walk Slip On||Skechers||97.8|
|20||Propet® - Walking Shoes for Edema||TravelFit||TravelFit||Propet||97|
|21||Dream Pairs® - Sandals for Edema||Adventurous||Adventurous||Dream Pairs||98|
Table of Contents
- What Exactly is Edema
- The Causes of Swollen Feet
- How to Reduce The Symptoms of Edema
- What is a Good Shoe for Edema Swollen Feet
- Best Walking Shoes for Swollen Feet
- Wide Athletic Edema Walking Shoes
- Therapeutic Extra Depth Athletic Shoes
- Strap on Shoes for Edema Patients
- Edema Walking and Running Shoes
- Best Dress Shoes for Edema
- Best Slippers for Edema and Swollen Feet
- Best Sandals for Swollen Feet
- Best Socks for Edema
- Best Edema Boots
- Edema Western Boots
- Orthopedic Edema Boots
- Edema Hiking Boots
- Walking Shoes for Edema
- Walking Shoes for Edema
- Sandals for Edema
- To Conclude:
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Edema