Ever felt like your arch is starting to fall or lower and becoming quite painful, well, this is a common sign of Posterior Tibial Tendonitis.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis, once a debilitating and disabling condition, is now quite treatable with early diagnosis and conservative treatments.
Two of the most important treatments, of course, are the CORRECT FOOTWEAR, And ORTHOTICS.
Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Symptoms and Causes
Your Posterior Tibial tendon is one of the most vitally important tendons when it comes to your feet and ankles; this tendon runs along the inside of your ankle down into your foot.
The Posterail Tibial tendon supports your arch height and acts as a fulcrum, aiding to hold up your arch to create supination force and the inward rotation of your feet, helping to stabilize your feet and ankles when you walk or run.
When the Posterior Tibial tendon becomes overused, stretched out, or damaged and inflamed, the arch drops, and it can become quite painful.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis is more common among women over 40, and older adults, particularly those who are overweight or obese. Diabetes is another culprit that may lead to this condition.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis is a condition that is less common in athletes, and usually only occurs as the result of an overuse injury, because of continuous engagement in high impact activities.
The impact from activities causes tension in the tendon that ends up in inflammation, and dysfunction of the tendon as a result.
Orthotics as a Treatment
Orthotics or inserts are one of the two most important treatments of Posterior Tibial Tendonitis, and undoubtedly one of the best.
Custom Molded Orthotics that are designed specifically for your foot type and arch type is, of course, the most desirable, although pre-fabricated orthotics can be just as effective.
Orthotics or Inserts that aid in supporting the Posterail Tibial Tendon can greatly aid in alleviating pain and preventing further inflammation.
Best Shoe Types for Posterail Tibial Tendonitis
Below are some shoe style options and their features that you can look at to relieve the symptoms of, as well as aid in treating Posterail Tibial Tendonitis. For the most part, a RIGID SOLE, STABILITY, and good SHCOK ABSORBENCY are key when looking at shoe characteristics for this specific condition.
- Running Shoes – Most Running and Walking Shoe brands are ideal for Posterail Tibial Tendonitis as they provide features for controlling over-pronation and under pronation, along with a design to eliminate stress on your Posterior Tibial tendon. Most running and walking shoes come with a variety of features that you can select in a particular running or walking shoe to provide the specific support and comfort characteristics for your foot type and conditions.
- Orthopedic Dress Shoes – Some orthopedic Dress shoe brands have a design and features such as cushioning and shock absorbency, along with a stiff design to reduce stress on the sole of the shoe, which is ideal for Posterail Tibial Tendonitis symptoms and treatment. In general, you can look at many other excellent features held by most orthopedic dress shoes that help to alleviate the symptoms of many feet and health conditions besides just Posterail Tibial Tendonitis.
- Sandals – Some sandal brands and designs have a rigid sole and cushioned, shock-absorbing features to provide impact resistance and stability needed in the treatment of this condition. there are likewise sandals and Flip Flops available that offer excellent stability and motion control features that aid in effectively controlling pronation to prevent further tension on the Posterior Tibial Tendon.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
Some Excellent options in shoes to accommodate Posterial Tendonitis1
Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis
- A thick and shock-absorbing, high traction rubber outsole.
- Slight heel rais of 29 mm and a power grid midsole for better arch support.
- It comes with a removable comfort insole enabling you to use your own orthotic devices.
- An EVERUN topsole provides continuous cushioned comfort and support while the engineered uppers provide a dynamic fit.
- Mesh and synthetic uppers allow for superb breathability and lightweight comfort.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis Dress Shoes
- Genuine and durable leather uppers that are soft and light against your feet.
- The Shape 55 Mary Jane has an anatomical shank with PU on both sides and a plateau construction for more comfort.
- The Shape 55 Mary Jane also features a full direct-injected PU sole wrapped in leather, with a 55mm slight heel.
- Both shoes are very lightweight, cushioned, and comfortable.
- The New Jersey has a rubber-like PU sole and moisture-absorbing insole with a direct-injected, one-component polyurethane outsole, with shock point for better traction.
- The New Jersey similarly features a stacked heel for style and elegance.
Loafers for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
- Features soft and comfortable leather or canvas upper options to choose from.
- A thick shock-absorbent rubber outsole that offers good traction.
- Inside the shoe is fully lined for comfort.
- The sock lining has cushioned padding for shock absorbency and support.
Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Running and Walking Shoe
- Breathable, comfortable leather and textile, upper construction with a lace-up closure system.
- A Blown rubber outsole for superior shock absorbency and traction, and a foam collar for comfort.
- The ENCAP PU ring and EVA Core heel provide superb support.
- A cushioned and comfortable insole to provide support and shock absorbency.
- Available in many color varieties s for you to choose from.
Leisure Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Shoes
- Leather uppers from genuine leather that are durable and water-resistant, with a wider toe design for more freedom of movement.
- A lightweight EVA midsole and nylon shank for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The rubber outsole is highly durable and slip-resistant.
- Inside there are soft, seamless linings to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- A PU foam footbed for extra comfort and cushioning.
Posterior Tibial Walking Sneakers
- Ideal for a variety of foot conditions including Posterior Tibial tendinitis.
- Offers exceptional cushioning with a removable Gel insole.
- Biomechanical design and Air cushioned sole.
- Ideal non-binding and seam-free interior for less irritation.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Running Shoe for PTTS
- Fabric and mesh uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- A Gel forefoot and rearfoot cushioning system.
- Trusttic Guidance system for better gait efficiency and movement.
- Guidance Line midsole technology and vertical flex grooves.
- features the Asics AHAR high abrasion-resistant rubber outsole.
Dress Shoes for PTTS
- Genuine soft and supple leather uppers.
- A thick and durable rubber outsole.
- Comfortable Ortholite cushioned insole and smooth textile linings.
- The outsole is flexible and offers long-lasting durability.
Comfortable Posterior Tibial Tendinitis Shoes
- The Arla has stretchable textile uppers straps and a hook and loops heel strap.
- The Arla features Cushion soft technology and Cloud Stepper cushioning in the footbed and has a wedge sole with a rubber outsole.
- The Tunsil for men is a closed style sneaker with textile uppers and stretch gore panels.
- The Tunsil also features an Ortholite comfort footbed and EVA outsole for comfort.
Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendinitis
- The Impact Guidance system enhances the natural Gait Function.
- Guideline Midsole with vertical grooves for lateral stability.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot gel technology and cushioning.
- AHAR High abrasion-resistant Rubber Outsole.
- Comfortable and flexible synthetic and breathable mesh uppers.
- Color options are available.
Orthopedic Dress Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendinitis
- Both of these shoes have the popular and orthopedic cushioning system, the Orth Cushion.
- You get a Gel orthotic additional insole to use, or you can use your own orthotics.
- The uppers have a seamless interior and a smooth lining to be non-irritating.
- Both shoes have a roomy toe area and a comfortable fit.
- Durable and high grip rubber outsole.
Index Table: Best Shoes for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Saucony® - Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis||Redeemer||Redeemer||Saucony||98.2|
|2||ECCO® - Posterior Tibial Tendonitis Dress Shoes||New Jersey||Shape 55||ECCO||97|
|3||Cole Haan® - Loafers for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis||Nantucket||Nantucket||Cole Haan||95|
|4||New Balance® - Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Running and Walking Shoe||990V5||990V5||New Balance||98|
|5||Dansko® - Leisure Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Shoes||Vince||Valentina||Dansko||97|
|6||Orthofeet® - Posterior Tibial Walking Sneakers||Sprint||Tahoe||Orthofeet||98|
|7||Asics® - Running Shoe for PTTS||Gel Nimbus 23||Gel Nimbus 23||Asics||98|
|8||Clarks® - Dress Shoes for PTTS||Portland||Linvale Vina||Clarks||97|
|9||Clarks® - Comfortable Posterior Tibial Tendinitis Shoes||Tunsil||Arla||Clarks||98|
|10||Asics® - Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendinitis||Gel Cumulus 23||Gel Cumulus 23||Asics||97|
|11||Orthofeet® - Orthopedic Dress Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendinitis||Broadway||Maya||Orthofeet||97|
Table of Contents
- Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Symptoms and Causes
- Orthotics as a Treatment
- Best Shoe Types for Posterail Tibial Tendonitis
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
- Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis
- Posterior Tibial Tendonitis Dress Shoes
- Loafers for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
- Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Running and Walking Shoe
- Leisure Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Shoes
- Posterior Tibial Walking Sneakers
- Running Shoe for PTTS
- Dress Shoes for PTTS
- Comfortable Posterior Tibial Tendinitis Shoes
- Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendinitis
- Orthopedic Dress Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendinitis
- Index Table: Best Shoes for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis