Ever felt like your arch is starting to fall or lower, and becoming quite painful, well this is a common sign of Posterior Tibial Tendonitis.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis, once a debilitating and disabling condition, is now quite treatable with early diagnosis and conservative treatments.
Two of the most important treatments, of course, are the CORRECT FOOTWEAR, And ORTHOTICS.
Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Symptoms and Causes
Your Posterial Tibial tendon is one of the most vitally important tendons when it comes to your feet and ankles, this tendon runs along the inside of your ankle down into your foot.
The Posterail Tibial tendon supports your arch height and acts as a fulcrum, aiding to hold up your arch to create supination force and the inward rotation of your feet, helping to stabilize your feet and ankles when you walk or run.
When the Posterior Tibial tendon becomes overused, stretched out, or damaged and inflamed, the arch drops and it can become quite painful.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis is more common among women over 40, and older adults, particularly those who are overweight or obese. Diabetes is another culprit that may lead to this condition.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis is a condition that is less common in athletes, and usually only occurs as the result of an overuse injury, because of continuous engagement in high impact activities.
The impact from activities causes tension in the tendon that ends up in inflammation, and dysfunction of the tendon as a result.
Orthotics as a Treatment
Orthotics or inserts are one of the two most important treatments of Posterior Tibial Tendonitis, and undoubtedly one of the best.
Custom Molded Orthotics that are designed specifically for your foot type and arch type is, of course, the most desirable, although pre-fabricated orthotics can be just as effective.
Orthotics or Inserts that aid in supporting the Posterail Tibial Tendon can greatly aid in alleviating pain and preventing further inflammation.
Best Shoe Types for Posterail Tibial Tendonitis
Below are some shoe style options and their features that you can look at to relieve the symptoms of, as well as aid in treating Posterail Tibial Tendonitis. For the most part, a RIGID SOLE, STABILITY and good SHCOK ABSORBENCY are key when looking at shoe characteristics for this specific condition.
- Running Shoes – Most Running and Walking Shoe brands are ideal for Posterail Tibial Tendonitis as they provide features for controlling over-pronation and under pronation, along with a design to eliminate stress on your Posterial Tibial tendon. Most running and walking shoes come with a variety of features that you can select in a particular running or walking shoe to provide the specific support and comfort characteristics for your foot type and conditions.
- Orthopedic Dress Shoes – Some orthopedic Dress shoe brands have a design and features such as cushioning and shock absorbency, along with a stiff design to reduce stress on the sole of the shoe, which is ideal for Posterail Tibial Tendonitis symptoms and treatment. In general, you can look at many other excellent features held by most orthopedic dress shoes that help to alleviate the symptoms of many feet and health conditions besides just Posterail Tibial Tendonitis.
- Sandals – Some sandal brands and designs have a rigid sole and cushioned, shock absorbing features to provide impact resistance and stability needed in the treatment of this condition. there are likewise sandals and Flip Flops available that offer excellent stability and motion control features that aid in effectively controlling pronation to prevent further tension on the Posterior Tibial Tendon.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
Some Excellent options in shoes to accommodate Posterial Tendonitis1
Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis
The Saucony Redeemer is a supportive and highly comfortable running shoe that is perfect for the symptoms of Posterial Tibial Tendonitis.
- A thick and shock absorbing, high traction rubber outsole.
- Slight heel rais of 29 mm and a power grid midsole for better arch support.
- Comes with a removable comfort insole enabling you to use your own orthotic devices.
- An EVERUN topsole provides continuous cushioned comfort and support while the engineered uppers provide a dynamic fit.
- Mesh and synthetic uppers allow for superb breathability and lightweight comfort.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis Dress Shoes
Dress shoes for all occasions that will keep you comfortable and completely pain-free.
- Genuine and durable leather uppers that are soft and light against your feet.
- The Shape 55 Mary Jane has an anatomical shank with PU on both sides and a plateau construction for more comfort.
- The Shape 55 Mary Jane also features a full direct-injected PU sole wrapped in leather, with a 55mm slight heel.
- Both shoes are very lightweight, cushioned and comfortable.
- The New Jersey has a rubber-like PU sole and moisture absorbing insole with a direct-injected, one component polyurethane outsole, with shock point for better traction.
- The New Jersey similarly features a stacked heel for style and elegance.
Loafers for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
The Nantucket from Cole Haan is a slip on design loafer that is fully padded for comfort and support.
- Features soft and comfortable leather or canvas upper options to choose from.
- A thick shock absorbent rubber outsole that offers good traction.
- Inside the shoe is fully lined for comfort.
- The sock lining has cushioned padding for shock absorbency and support.
Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Running and Walking Shoe
A Great choice in running or walking shoe from New Balance, the 990V4 has an EVA core heel and blown rubber outsole that is ideal for preventing pain associated with POsterial Tibial Tendonitis.
- Breathable and comfortable leather and textile upper construction with a lace-up closure system.
- A Blown rubber outsole for superior shock absorbency and traction, and a foam collar for comfort.
- The ENCAP PU ring and EVA Core heel provide superb support.
- A cushioned and comfortable insole to provide support and shock absorbency.
- Available in many color varieties s for you to choose from.
Leisure Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Shoes
Dansko is a shoe brand that offers many therapeutic and orthopedic pain relief features, thus making it ideal for persons who suffer from Posterial Tibial Tendonitis.
- Leather uppers from genuine leather that are durable and water resistant, with a wider toe design for more freedom of movement.
- A lightweight EVA midsole and nylon shank for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The rubber outsole is highly durable and slip resistant.
- Inside there are soft seamless linings to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- A PU foam footbed for extra comfort and cushioning.
Index Table: Best Shoes for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Saucony® - Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis||Saucony||98|
|2||ECCO® - Posterior Tibial Tendonitis Dress Shoes||ECCO||97|
|3||Cole Haan® - Loafers for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis||Cole Haan|
|4||New Balance® - Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Running and Walking Shoe||New Balance||98|
|5||Dansko® - Leisure Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Shoes||Dansko||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Symptoms and Causes
- Orthotics as a Treatment
- Best Shoe Types for Posterail Tibial Tendonitis
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
- Running Shoe for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis
- Posterior Tibial Tendonitis Dress Shoes
- Loafers for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis
- Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Running and Walking Shoe
- Leisure Posterial Tibial Tendonitis Shoes
- Index Table: Best Shoes for Posterial Tibial Tendonitis