It is a situation where the feet continue to roll inward when they should be pushing off forward.
The best walking and running shoes for overpronation, especially more severe cases of overpronation will usually have motion control technology.
Over-Pronation usually occurs in people with flat feet or fallen arches, but it is not limited to this type of foot arches.
This condition can lead to knee pain, ankle pain, and shin splints.
How to Tell Whether You are an Ovepronator
One sure method to determine if you are an overpronator is to look at the bottom of your shoes.
If you see a pattern of wear on the inside of the shoe (the yellow color in the image below), then most probably, you are an Overpronator and possibly have flat feet.
Hence, an over-pronator needs to look for suitable shoes to correct this condition to avoid injuries and excessive pressure on the inner side of the feet.
What Types of Problems Can Overpronation Cause?
Some problems could be described as symptoms for those who suffer from Overpronation. Unless they can get the right shoes, they could suffer from various conditions, including different foot ailments.
These problems could be:
- Blisters – Blisters can exist from chafing with improper fitting shoes or shoe that builds up moisture.
- Bunions – Bunions occur from shoes that fit too narrow or when your foot mechanics are out of alignment because of issues such as Overpronation.
- Corns and Calluses – Corns and Callouses occur because of pressure on certain foot areas where more impact and tension are felt.
- Hammertoes – Hammertoes will also occur because of an improperly fitting shoe or because of unequal pressure caused by Overpronation.
- Arch Pain – Because you overpronate, your arches are under much more strain to perform and can become stretched and painful.
- Achilles Tendonitis – Achilles Tendonitis is an injury that can occur because of improper alignment and pressure when you overpronate.
- Heel Pain and Plantar fasciitis – Heel pain and Plantar fasciitis, also associated with heel pain, are issues that overpronate persons are more prone to because of excessive shock absorbent in the heel area and lack of arch support.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance to wear special walking shoes for overpronation.
Motion Control Shoes for Overpronators
Before buying a shoe, examine your feet and look at the arch.
If you don’t see one or if your footprint appears complete (when stepping with wet feet on paper), with no inward curving region in the center, then you have a set base, and you need shoes for overpronators, preferably ones that utilize motion control technology.
All of the top running and walking shoe manufacturers invest heavily in the motion control class of shoes.
A motion control shoe can correct the issues that usually frustrate flat-footed walkers or runners. People with flat feet are inclined to overpronate or experience an excessive rolling motion of their feet. If this condition is not corrected, they will not achieve better results, or worse – they can damage body parts as described above.
When the overpronation issue is corrected, a walker or runner can achieve optimum functionality without worrying about their feet.
Features of a Good Walking and Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Uppers – Look for comfortable uppers such as leather, mesh and more flexible materials. The toe box needs to be roomy and fit wide enough for your foot shape.
- Support Features and Cushioning – You will need either stability features for Overpronation or Motion control features for more severe Overpronation. Firmer cushioning for shock absorbency is also ideal.
- Outsole – Look for a firmer sole that only flexes in the ball of the foot area. For example, a rubber outsole is ideal for walking or running shoes.
- Options – Most walking and running shoe brands will be available in more color, size, and sometimes width options.
Running Shoes for Overpronation1
Overpronation Corrective Running Shoe
- Seamless and breathable uppers for optimal support and stability without irritation.
- A re-engineered heel clutching system for a secure and comfortable fit.
- A ComforDry sock liner provides plush cushioning and moisture-wicking capabilities for a cool and dry run.
- The Gel cushioning system provides the best shock absorption and supports and enhances the foot’s natural gait cycle and the Impact Guidance System.
- A durable and long-lasting outsole offers good grip and traction.
Running Shoes for Overpronation
- The Wave Inspire 15 has Textile and mesh uppers that are lightweight, flexible, and breathable.
- There is a premium sock liner to keep moisture at bay and keep your feet comfortable.
- The U4ic technology midsole absorbs shock and provides excellent cushioning along with the cushioned insole.
- The sole is designed to flex in the right places while still providing stability and reasonable motion control.
- The Mizuno Wave 15 is available in a large variety of color options.
WIDE Running Shoes for OverPronators
- Very Wide width shoes for even a giant foot.
- Lightweight and comfortable uppers with a conformable saddle.
- An adjustable eyelet for a secure and comfortable fit.
- The BioMoGo DNA midsole offers superb cushioning that adapts to every step and stride.
- A Progressive Diagonal Rollbar keeps your feet in their natural position and guides the body back to its natural motion.
- The full-length segmented crash pad provides a smoother heel-to-toe transitioning and absorbs shock on impact.
Severe Overpronation Running Shoes
- This shoe is built to handle severe Overpronation.
- It has many features, including high-quality rubber soles that absorb shock quite effortlessly.
- The forefoot has specially designed flex grooves with an option to choose a full toe box.
- It also has unique N2 low-to-the-ground cushioning.
- It is also suitable for those looking for quality diabetic care shoes.
- The medial post comes with a new technology called Stabilicore, which ensures maximum stability.
- The antimicrobial footbed is well cushioned for total comfort.
Trail Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Comfortable and breathable upper construction for the best fit.
- The Fluidride technology delivers a combination of bounce back and cushioning that is lightweight and exceptionally durable.
- A Dynamic Duomax support system enhances stability and support with less weight.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel cushioning attenuate shock during impact and ensure lasting comfort.
- The durable outsole provides excellent traction and long-lasting wear.
Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
- The rubber soles are of good quality, and it has an 8 mm heel-to-toe drop, which is very useful for those suffering from Overpronation.
- It also has other features like an arch lock and supports frame for helping people suffering from Overpronation.
- It also has a midsole that is made from EVA Foam of dual-density.
- The outsole is also very durable and made from a unique compound known as XT-900.
- So, when looked at in totality, it offers good value for money.
Running Shoes for Over-Pronation
- The Nike Lunarglide has good arch support, and at the same time, they are lightweight.
- You can wear these shoes for an everyday casual look and also run on roads or treadmills.
- The reflective silver on the uppers allows you to run or walk at night, ensuring better visibility.
- Flyknit material and Flywire cables help greatly with support structured into the shoe without looking bulky.
Overpronation Athlethic Runners
- Runner’s World recently gave this latest variant the Greatest Update of the year.
- The shoe uses its trademark PDRB triple-density medial post, its primary motion control technology that managed to get the best athletic footwear for overpronators, so it remains the top motion control shoe in the marketplace.
- This shoe also offers irregular top overlays that keep the arch nicely supported.
- Brooks added a higher heel and a caterpillar heel pad to prevent Overpronation, which better corrects the Runner’s and Walker’s heel landings.
Over Pronator Running Shoes
- They have mesh and synthetic uppers and a comfortable fit.
- There is a cushioned and moisture-wicking insole for your comfort.
- The foundation platform provides good support and motion control.
- There is also a durable rubber outsole.
Walking Shoes for Overpronation10
Walking Shoe for Overpronator
- Incorporating antimicrobial properties, ensuring your feet’ health by eliminating undesired bacteria while preventing nasty smell.
- The ‘928’ has a large toe box intended to lessen joint inflammation and provide extra toe movement, which is crucial in relieving bunion pain.
- People with wide feet would undoubtedly like the “New Balance 928” because it is produced in extra-wide sizes; it is aA vital aspect in a correct posture.
- Advisable for those who have diabetes. A combination of soft material and soft insoles. It reduces horizontal movement of the foot within the shoe. Thus, it limits the motion of the foot joint. This shoe is advisable for those suffering from over-pronation within a firm heel and arch support system and a non-binding construction.
- Nearly all heavy users rate this kind of “New Balance” shoes pretty high on most parameters: comfort, layout, and strength.
- There are a few possible causes of heel pain, such as being overweight and excessive exercise; in this case, your feet require the extra cushioning provided by this shoe to help inhibit the inflammation at the bottom of your feet.
- A non-marking outsole, perfect for vulnerable floors, such as the gym, as well as yachts.
Walking Shoes for Over Pronation
- Soft and supple full-grain leather uppers for a more comfortable fit.
- A MOGO midsole provides exceptional cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The rearfoot and forefoot Hydroflow technology ensures additional cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The triple-density PDRB post on the medial side ensures industry-leading stability.
- Synthetic outsole delivers superb traction.
Flat Feet Overpronation Walking Shoes
- The removable orthotic footbed and Tri-Plantar Motion Control Technique ensures exceptional comfort and support.
- It is prevalent for those who suffer from pain due to flat feet, heel pain, calluses, the ball of foot pain, and bunions.
- A classy look with mesh uppers and Shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
- Human-made sole – specifically designed to keep you always on the move.
- It comes with a built-in Orthoheel insole that is useful for controlling foot gait.
Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe
- This shoe is manufactured from breathable and lightweight cotton.
- Its elastane with a Lightning Dry moisture-wicking lining reduces foot fatigue and keeps your feet dry and fresh.
- The ABZORB cushioning and Ortholite foam insert provide lightweight support and comfort.
- A Rollbar stability system ensures that you do not pronate excessively.
- A durable rubber outsole with Ndurance rubber compounds on all the high-wear areas of the outsole.
Walking Shoe for Overpronation
- The Gel-Nimbus has fabric and synthetic uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- The Midsole consists of FlyteFoam technology lightweight foam and a 3mm additional height design for reducing Achilles tension and better shock absorbency in the heel and the rest of the foot.
- A Heel clutching system keeps the foot stable and reduces excessive motion.
- The AHAR rubber outsole offers higher abrasion resistance and durability.
Motion Control Walking Shoe
- The shoe is available in medium and wide, and narrow width options from which you can choose.
- There is super soft cushioning DNA Loft cushioning technology and an Ortholite sock liner to keep moisture at bay.
- The Stretch bootie gives a more minimalistic and natural feel and fits with the 3D print fit technology.
- The Heel to toe DNA Loft technology ensures better motion and heel-to-toe transition.
Stability Walking Shoe
- The Uppers are purely Mesh with synthetic leather in critical sports.
- There is an adjustable hook and loop strap closure system.
- The footbed can be removed and allows you to use your custom orthotics.
- The Extra Volume insole and double insoles allow an adjustable comfort fit and cushioning.
Index Table: Top Rated Overpronation Running and Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Overpronation Corrective Running Shoe||Gel Kayano 28||Gel Kayano 28||Asics||98.7|
|2||Mizuno® - Running Shoes for Overpronation||Wave Inspire 17||Wave Inspire 17||Mizuno||98.4|
|3||Brooks® - WIDE Running Shoes for OverPronators||Adrenaline GTS 22||Adrenaline GTS 22||Brooks||96|
|4||New Balance® - Severe Overpronation Running Shoes||M940V4||M940V4||New Balance||95|
|5||Asics® - Trail Running Shoe for Overpronation||GT 2000 10||GT 2000 10||Asics||95|
|6||Saucony® - Best Running Shoes for Overpronation||Omni 19||Omni 19||Saucony||95|
|7||Nike® - Running Shoes for Over-Pronation||Revolution 5||Revolution 5||Nike||94|
|8||Brooks® - Overpronation Athlethic Runners||Addiction GTS 15||Addiction GTS 15||Brooks||96|
|9||Saucony® - Over Pronator Running Shoes||Redeemer ISO 2||Redeemer ISO 2||Saucony||96|
|10||New Balance® - Walking Shoe for Overpronator||928v3||928v3||New Balance||95|
|11||Brooks® - Walking Shoes for Over Pronation||Addiction Walker 2||Addiction walker 2||Brooks||95|
|12||Vionic® - Flat Feet Overpronation Walking Shoes||Walker||Walker||Vionic||95|
|13||New Balance® - Lightweight Overpronation Walking Shoe||847V4||847V4||New Balance||96|
|14||Asics® - Walking Shoe for Overpronation||Gel Nimbus 23||Gel Nimbus 23||Asics||98|
|15||Brooks® - Motion Control Walking Shoe||Glycerine 19||Glycerine 19||Brooks||98|
|16||Propet® - Stability Walking Shoe||Stability X-Strap||Stability X-Strap||Propet||98|
Wearing the correct footwear or using an Insole for Overpronation can greatly aid in correcting the condition and provide relief of pain caused by Overpronation. The shoes we have chosen are all well-known brands with top ratings and reviews that are excellent options to help correct Overpronation and eliminate pain.
Table of Contents
- How to Tell Whether You are an Ovepronator
- What Types of Problems Can Overpronation Cause?
- Motion Control Shoes for Overpronators
- Features of a Good Walking and Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Running Shoes for Overpronation
- Overpronation Corrective Running Shoe
- Running Shoes for Overpronation
- WIDE Running Shoes for OverPronators
- Severe Overpronation Running Shoes
- Trail Running Shoe for Overpronation
- Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
- Running Shoes for Over-Pronation
- Overpronation Athlethic Runners
- Over Pronator Running Shoes
- Walking Shoes for Overpronation
- Index Table: Top Rated Overpronation Running and Walking Shoes
- To Conclude