Hammertoes is a foot deformity that can impact any toe on the foot but usually affects the third and second toes.
Causes Of Hammertoes
- Hammertoes can be genetic or occur as a birth defect in some cases, although there are also many other causes.
- Wearing ill-fitting shoes, shoes that are too tight, or shoes with pointy toes for long periods of time are one of the leading causes of hammertoe.
- People who suffer from conditions such as spinal cord problems, peripheral nerve damage, arthritis, or tight tendons and ligaments are also more vulnerable to hammertoes.
- Certain toe injuries can result in hammertoes in the long run.
- People who have arches that are above the average foot arches height are also more prone to foot conditions such as hammertoes.
- Most people who have bunions will also have hammertoes because of the tendency of the big toe to push inwards.
Importance of Proper Shoes for Hammer Toes
Wearing appropriate and comfortable shoes that do not exert unnecessary pressure on your toes will most definitely reduce the severity and eliminate the symptoms of hammertoes, as well as preventing hammertoes in the future.
When you have high arches that can lead to hammertoes, it is vital to wear a shoe that offers adequate padding and cushioning, a pair of orthotic insoles can also help.
Toe pads in shoes can assist in shifting the position of your toes to a more comfortable and natural position helping to relieve pain and improving the appearance of the toe.
Features of a Good Shoe for Hammertoes
When choosing a shoe for hammertoes or when you have a high arch that can cause hammertoes; make sure to look for:
A shoe that provides excellent arch support and cushioning for the arch.
A toe pad can help alleviate the pain caused by hammertoes and make your toes appear more natural.
Soft and flexible uppers will reduce the pressure on hammertoes and also aid in alleviating the pain.
A wider toe box should also be considered for providing more space for your toes to relax in their natural positions.
Avoid at all costs tight-fitting, hard and pointed-toe shoes.
Here are some of the best shoes available to eliminate the symptoms of hammertoes, prevent hammertoes and provide arch support;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Best Running Shoes for Hammertoes1
Running Shoes for Hammer Toes
This shoe is designed to give you the best fit around the toe box.
- The synthetic uppers are breathable and comfortable for a lightweight wide fit.
- A dual-density foam collar and supportive footbed provide comfort and shock absorption.
- Rollbar technology improves lateral and medial rearfoot stability and causes more natural movement.
- The synthetic outsole provides excellent traction on hard surfaces.
Running Shoes for Hammertoes
Brooks, for many years, has been known to come out with Wide-Toe-Box-Shoes for those suffering from various feet conditions. In keeping with this tradition, this particular model has quite a few features that are worth mentioning.
- It is perfectly suited for those suffering from moderate to severe hammertoes.
- This shoe comes with specially cushioned soles, which help absorb shock to such users with special needs.
- Extremely lightweight and has a breathable mesh fabric that aids in the prevention of bad odor.
- The insole is made from unique S-257 material and is known for flexibility and cushioning.
- It also has unique crash pads protecting the heel and midfoot areas.
- This shoe is a particular favorite with walkers because it is designed for heel strikers.
- Longevity and sturdiness make this a highly popular shoe with avid walkers and runners.
Best Walking Shoes for Hammertoes3
Orthofeet Athletic Shoe for Hammer Toes
This classic and sophisticated style are the finest quality in a comfort shoe.
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, provide many protective and comfort features for your toes and feet.
- Ortho-Cushion™ Technology: pain-relieving and true comfort.
- Biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the toes helping to relieve pain and slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
- It is characterized by degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within the toe joint.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow a normal motion to occur.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement that typically lost with modern footwear.
Athletic Orthopedic Hammertoe Shoes
The Dr.Comfort Refresh is a therapeutic shoe designed specifically to provide relief from the symptoms of many foot conditions, including hammertoes as well as diabetic and arthritis symptoms.
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review ■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- High-class craftsmanship with therapeutic technologies.
- Accommodates orthotics and internal braces.
- A wider and roomier fit for hammertoes and bunion sufferers.
- Extra-depth gives the extra volume that allows the perfect fit for swollen feet (edema).
- A supportive footbed with added arch support.
- A durable outsole provides a good grip.
Motion Control Walking Shoe
The New Balance 928 is a classy and neutral-colored walking shoe with all the right characteristics to support hammertoes.
■ Men: Click Here to Read This Review ■ Women: Click Here to Read This Review
- A roomy toe-box, which is ideal for a walking shoe for hammertoes.
- Comfortable leather uppers that do not aggravate the hammertoe.
- A comfort tongue and foam collar for a more supportive fit.
- The compression-molded EVA insole ensures excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
- The long-lasting rubber outsole ensures a good grip on different surfaces.
- Soft and flexible full-grain perforated leather uppers for a comfortable and breathable fit.
- A brushed nylon lining for comfort and dryness.
- A padded tongue and collar for a more comfortable fit.
- A durable heel counter for long-lasting, tough stability.
- The EVA midsole supports the arch and absorbs shock.
- A removable PU insole for support and comfort.
- The slip-resistant rubber outsole gives great grip on wet and slippery surfaces.
- A flexible and comfortable wide width walking shoe that is also the best shoe for swollen feet.
Best Sandals for HammerToes7
Comfortable Toe Separating Sandal
The Wellrox is a stylish, comfortable sandal with the added advantage of padded-toe-separators, which is particularly beneficial for those who have hammertoes.
- The uppers are made from soft and flexible leather.
- The midsole is soft and well-cushioned.
- The unique padded toe separators that keep your feet secure when walking.
- It helps to align your toes more naturally for better balance and equilibrium.
- A correct toe form contributes towards correcting hammertoes while reducing pain in your toes.
- The durable outsole will ensure that you stay firm on the ground.
- Available in a variety of colorful designs.
Best Dress Shoes for Hammertoes8
Work Shoes for Hammertoes
Reviews for the Men’s Model and Here are Reviews for the Women’s Model.
The Orthofeet Lake Charles is a comfortable and professional-looking work shoe with superior comfort and support features that aim at relieving the painful symptoms of hammertoes.
- Aids in relieving back, ankle, and knee pain as well as pain caused by various foot conditions and disorders.
- A specially cushioned insole for shock absorption and comfort.
- Facilitates the natural motion of the foot to reduce stress and strain on the feet, ankles, and lower limbs.
- A lightweight shoe that enhances gait movement.
- A durable outsole for excellent grip on different surfaces.
- The soft, padded, and seam-free lining design eliminated the pressure or strain on any points.
- Soft and flexible perforated leather uppers for a comfortable fit.
- A durable rubber outsole that offers excellent grip on different surfaces.
- A wide 1.5-inch heel provides better stability and more comfort.
- The EVA footbed provides excellent cushioning and support.
- Cobb Hill is well known for making comfortable shoes for those that need to stay on their feet all day long.
- Available in a variety of widths and sizes to accommodate every foot.
For those warm sunny days when you need a little bit more ventilation, this shoe will provide you with cool comfort all day.
- Soft leather uppers for a more comfortable fit.
- A thermoplastic medial side stabilizer for better support and stability.
- A breathable and ventilated uppers.
- The lightweight EVE midsole ensures proper support and shock absorbency.
- A durable and tough rubber sole and outsole.
A stunning and comfortable dress sandal, the Vionic Natasa will have you going places in no time.
- Featuring the popular Othaheel orthotic support for better foot alignment and more comfort.
- Beautiful leather uppers that are soft and comfortable.
- A unique suede covered and cushioned footbed to absorb shock and reduce moisture.
- A rubber outsole and cork midsole for better support and good grip.
- Adjustable heel and forefoot strap for a more customized fit.
Index Table: Best Shoes for Hammertoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Hammer Toes||New Balance||96|
|2||Brooks® - Running Shoes for Hammertoes||Brooks||96|
|3||Orthofeet® - Orthofeet Athletic Shoe for Hammer Toes||Orthofeet||97|
|4||Dr. Comfort® - Athletic Orthopedic Hammertoe Shoes||Dr. Comfort||97|
|5||New Balance® - Motion Control Walking Shoe||New Balance||95|
|7||Wellrox® - Comfortable Toe Separating Sandal||Wellrox||95|
|8||Orthofeet® - Work Shoes for Hammertoes||Orthofeet||96|
Index Table: Women’s Shoes for Hammertoes
|6||Propet Women's Stability - Wide-Width Walking Shoe for hammertoes||Propet||96|
|9||Cobb Hill Women's Aubrey - Dress Pump for Hammertoes||Cobb Hill||98|
|10||Aravon Women's Bonnie-AR - Slip-on Loafer for Hammertoes||Aravon||94|
|11||Vionic Women's Nala - Arch Support Sandals for Hammertoes||Vionic||96|
Table of Contents
- Causes Of Hammertoes
- Importance of Proper Shoes for Hammer Toes
- Features of a Good Shoe for Hammertoes
- Best Running Shoes for Hammertoes
- Best Walking Shoes for Hammertoes
- Orthofeet Athletic Shoe for Hammer Toes
- Athletic Orthopedic Hammertoe Shoes
- Motion Control Walking Shoe
- Propet® Women's Stability Wide-Width Walking Shoe for hammertoes
- Best Sandals for HammerToes
- Best Dress Shoes for Hammertoes
- Index Table: Best Shoes for Hammertoes
- Index Table: Women’s Shoes for Hammertoes