Hammertoes are a foot deformity that can impact any toe on the foot but usually affects the third and second toes. To help prevent and alleviate the pain and symptoms associated with Hammertoes, you will need the best shoes for hammertoes.
Causes Of Hammertoes
there are a few factors that may lead to the development of hammertoes.
- Genetics – Hammertoes can be genetic or occur as a congenital disability in some cases, although there are also many other causes.
- Wrong Shoes – Wearing ill-fitting shoes, shoes that are too tight, or shoes with pointy toes for long periods of time are some of the leading causes of hammertoe.
- Posture – People who suffer from conditions such as spinal cord problems, peripheral nerve damage, arthritis, or tight tendons and ligaments are also more vulnerable to hammertoes.
- Injuries – Certain toe injuries can result in hammertoes in the long run.
- Arch Type – People with higher arches above the average foot arches height are also more prone to foot conditions such as hammertoes.
- Bunions – Most people who have bunions will also have hammertoes because the big toe tends to push inwards.
Importance of Proper Shoes for Hammer Toes
Wearing appropriate and comfortable shoes that do not exert unnecessary pressure on your toes will most definitely reduce the severity and eliminate the symptoms of hammertoes and prevent hammertoes in the future.
When you have high arches that can lead to hammertoes, it is vital to wear a shoe that offers adequate padding and cushioning; a pair of orthotic insoles can also help.
Toe pads in shoes can help shift your toes’ position to a more comfortable and natural position, helping to relieve pain and improve the toe’s appearance.
Features of a Good Shoe for Hammertoes
When choosing a shoe for hammertoes or when you have a high arch that can cause hammertoes; make sure to look for:
- Arch Support – A shoe that provides excellent arch support and cushioning for the arch.
- Toe Pad – – A toe pad can help alleviate the pain caused by hammertoes and make your toes appear more natural.
- Flexibility – Soft and flexible uppers will reduce the pressure on hammertoes and help alleviate the pain.
- Wide Toe Box – A wider toe box should also be considered for providing more space for your toes to relax in their natural positions.
- Other Issues – Avoid at all costs tight-fitting, hard and pointed-toe shoes.
Here are some of the best shoes available to eliminate the symptoms of hammertoes, prevent hammertoes and provide arch support;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Best Running Shoes for Hammertoes
These are some of our favorite shoe choices for Hammertoes;
Running Shoes for Hammer Toes
- The synthetic uppers are breathable and comfortable for a lightweight wide fit.
- A dual-density foam collar and supportive footbed provide comfort and shock absorption.
- Rollbar technology improves lateral and medial rearfoot stability and causes more natural movement.
- The synthetic outsole provides excellent traction on hard surfaces.
Running Shoes for Hammertoes
- It is perfectly suited for those suffering from moderate to severe hammertoes.
- This shoe comes with specially cushioned soles, which help absorb such users’ shock with special needs.
- Extremely lightweight and has a breathable mesh fabric that aids in preventing bad odor.
- The insole is made from unique S-257 material and is known for flexibility and cushioning.
- It also has unique crash pads protecting the heel and midfoot areas.
- This shoe is a favorite with walkers because it is designed for heel strikers.
- Longevity and sturdiness make this a trendy shoe with avid walkers and runners.
Best Walking Shoes for Hammertoes3
Orthofeet Athletic Shoe for Hammer Toes
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, it provides many protective and comfort features for your toes and feet.
- Ortho-Cushion™ Technology: pain-relieving and true comfort.
- Biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the toes, helping relieve pain and slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
- It is characterized by degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within the toe joint.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow a normal motion to occur.
- The Ortho-Cushion™ System allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement, typically lost with modern footwear.
Athletic Orthopedic Hammertoe Shoes
- High-class craftsmanship with therapeutic technologies.
- Accommodates orthotics and internal braces.
- A wider and roomier fit for hammertoes and bunion sufferers.
- Extra-depth gives the extra volume that allows the perfect fit for swollen feet (edema).
- A supportive footbed with added arch support.
- A durable outsole provides a good grip.
Motion Control Walking Shoe
- A roomy toe-box, which is ideal for a walking shoe for hammertoes.
- Comfortable leather uppers that do not aggravate the hammertoe.
- A comfortable tongue and foam collar for a more supportive fit.
- The compression-molded EVA insole ensures excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
- The long-lasting rubber outsole ensures a good grip on different surfaces.
Wide-Width Walking Shoe for Hammertoes
- Soft and flexible full-grain perforated leather uppers for a comfortable and breathable fit.
- A brushed nylon lining for comfort and dryness.
- A padded tongue and collar for a more comfortable fit.
- A durable heel counter for long-lasting, tough stability.
- The EVA midsole supports the arch and absorbs shock.
- A removable PU insole for support and comfort.
- The slip-resistant rubber outsole gives a great grip on wet and slippery surfaces.
- A flexible and comfortable wide-width walking shoe that is also the best shoe for swollen feet.
Best Sandals for HammerToes7
Comfortable Toe Separating Sandal
- The uppers are made from soft and flexible leather.
- The midsole is soft and well-cushioned.
- It helps to align your toes more naturally for better balance and equilibrium.
- A correct toe form contributes towards correcting hammertoes while reducing pain in your toes.
- The durable outsole will ensure that you stay firm on the ground.
- Available in a variety of colorful designs.
Best Dress Shoes for Hammertoes8
Work Shoes for Hammertoes
- Aids relieve back, ankle, and knee pain and pain caused by various foot conditions and disorders.
- A specially cushioned insole for shock absorption and comfort.
- Facilitates the natural motion of the foot to reduce stress and strain on the feet, ankles, and lower limbs.
- A lightweight shoe that enhances gait movement.
- A durable outsole for excellent grip on different surfaces.
- The soft, padded, and seam-free lining design eliminated the pressure or strain on any points.
- Soft and flexible perforated leather uppers for a comfortable fit.
- A durable rubber outsole that offers excellent grip on different surfaces.
- A wide 1.5-inch heel provides better stability and more comfort.
- The EVA footbed provides excellent cushioning and support.
- Cobb Hill is well known for making comfortable shoes for those that need to stay on their feet all day long.
- Available in a variety of widths and sizes to accommodate every foot.
For those warm sunny days when you need a little bit more ventilation, this shoe will provide you with cool comfort all day.
- Soft leather uppers for a more comfortable fit.
- A thermoplastic medial side stabilizer for better support and stability.
- A breathable and ventilated uppers.
- The lightweight EVE midsole ensures proper support and shock absorbency.
- A durable and tough rubber sole and outsole.
A stunning and comfortable sandal dress, the Vionic Natasa will have you going places in no time.
- Featuring the popular Othaheel orthotic support for better foot alignment and more comfort.
- Beautiful leather uppers that are soft and comfortable.
- A unique suede-covered and cushioned footbed to absorb shock and reduce moisture.
- A rubber outsole and cork midsole for better support and good grip.
- Adjustable heel and forefoot strap for a more customized fit.
Hammertoe Walking and Running Shoes
- The uppers are a no-sew mesh that is flexible and breathable.
- There are wider width options available, and the fit of the toe is generally roomier.
- The TRUFUSE Midsole and cushioned insole provide comfort and shock absorbency, while the medial support in the midsole ensures better stability.
- A durable rubber outsole provides long-lasting traction and support.
Hammer Toes Casual Shoe
- The Upper is leather and synthetic with a wide and roomy fit.
- You can choose from a few color options and a wider width selection in both these models.
- There s a cushioned Air-Cooled memory foam insole and a foam midsole for shock absorbency and comfort.
- The rubber sole has a thick platform design and offers good traction.
Sandals for Hammertoes
- There is a Black or Brown Color Option in Barcelona and more color selections in the Alana.
- Both sandal models have leather uppers and a durable synthetic sole.
- The fit is roomy and adjustable.
- There s a comfortable and cushioned footbed and a shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
Index Table: Best Shoes for Hammertoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Hammer Toes||M1540v3||W1540v3||New Balance||98.5|
|2||Brooks® - Running Shoes for Hammertoes||Ghost 13||Ghost 13||Brooks||98.4|
|3||Orthofeet® - Orthofeet Athletic Shoe for Hammer Toes||Sprint||Coral||Orthofeet||97|
|4||Dr. Comfort® - Athletic Orthopedic Hammertoe Shoes||Performance||Refresh||Dr. Comfort||97|
|5||New Balance® - Motion Control Walking Shoe||MW928v3||WW928v3||New Balance||95|
|6||Propet® - Wide-Width Walking Shoe for Hammertoes||Stability||Stability||Propet||96|
|7||Birkenstock® - Comfortable Toe Separating Sandal||Gizeh||Gizeh||Birkenstock||97|
|8||Orthofeet® - Work Shoes for Hammertoes||Avery||Breeze||Orthofeet||96|
|12||New Balance® - Hammertoe Walking and Running Shoes||860V11||860V11||New Balance||96.5|
|13||Skechers® - Hammer Toes Casual Shoe||Afterburn||D’Lites||Skechers||97.4|
|14||Drew® - Sandals for Hammertoes||Barcelona||Alana||Drew||95.6|
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hammertoes
|9||Cobb Hill Women's Aubrey - Dress Pump for Hammertoes||Cobb Hill||98|
|10||Aravon Women's Bonnie-AR - Slip-on Loafer for Hammertoes||Aravon||94|
|11||Vionic Women's Bella - Arch Support Sandals for Hammertoes||Vionic||96|
Table of Contents
- Causes Of Hammertoes
- Importance of Proper Shoes for Hammer Toes
- Features of a Good Shoe for Hammertoes
- Best Running Shoes for Hammertoes
- Best Walking Shoes for Hammertoes
- Best Sandals for HammerToes
- Best Dress Shoes for Hammertoes
- Index Table: Best Shoes for Hammertoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Hammertoes