Achilles Tendonitis is a condition that causes pain and inflammation in the Achilles tendon, which can be very painful and even immobilizing.
Having comfortable and supportive footwear, even in a sandal, can help to alleviate the symptoms, and advance the healing process.
Achilles Tendonitis Symptoms and Causes
Achilles Tendonitis is a condition affecting the Achilles Tendon, which occurs as the result of an overuse injury from repetitive activity, or a once-off event that caused an injury or strain on the Achilles’ tendon.
Achilles Tendonitis is more well known amongst athletes, runners, and sportspeople in general who have had a change in their routine or the intensity levels thereof. It is also quite common in middle-aged and older individuals who may only take part in sports and athletic activities once in a while.
In most cases, Achilles Tendonitis can be treated at home, although more severe cases leading to tears and ruptures will call for medical care by a health practitioner or specialist.
Some Causes and Risk Factors Include;
- Medications – Certain types of antibiotics have been associated with a higher risk of Achilles tendonitis.
- Medical Conditions – People who have Psoriasis or high blood pressure are more likely to develop Achilles tendonitis.
- Training – Running in improper and worn-out shoes and performing activities without proper stretching, or changing your routines and exercise intensities can lead to Achilles tendinitis.
- Physical Problems – Individuals with a lower or flat arch causes excess strain on the Achilles tendons, and Obesity, along with this, may increase the pressure.
- Age – Achilles tendonitis is more common in older individuals as you age, and occurs mostly in men.
- Repetative Strain – The most common cause, however, is repetitive strain from activities that places impact on the Achilles Tendon.
Achilles Tendonitis Treatments and Prevention
- Cross Training Routines – Alternating High Impact activities with lower impact activities will reduce the strain on your Achilles’ tendons.
- Strengthening Calf Muscles – A strong calf muscle helps your Achilles Tendons to better handle stresses during exercise and activities.
- Stretching – Daily stretching maintain flexibility and will prevent the reoccurrence of Achilles tendonitis.
- Footwear – Firm arch support and adequate cushioning in your shoes or sandals will protect the Achilles tendon from impact and injuries.
- Activities – Try to avoid activities that place excess strain on your Achilles’ tendons when you have Achilles tendonitis, and gradually increase activities or exercise intensities to prevent Achilles tendinitis.
- Medication and Icing – For treatment, Anti-Inflammatory pain medication will reduce the pain, and ice packs can help to soothe and reduce swelling as well as pain.
Features of a Good Sandal For Achilles Tendonitis
- A Flexible sole that bends at the ball of the foot.
- Right heel cushioning and support.
- A slightly elevated heel.
- Contoured footbed with cushioning.
- Good arch support.
- Comfortable uppers straps with adjustable features.
- Smooth interior linings.
- Durable and high grip rubber outsole.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for Achilles Tendonitis
Here are our top choices in comfort and support sandals for Achilles Tendonitis
Sports Sandals for Achilles Tendonitis
- Soft and quick-drying polyester upper webbing.
- A Metatomically designed and cushioned comfort footbed.
- The compression-molded shock-absorbing EVA midsole attenuates shock and reduces stress.
- The arch support cradles and contours to the natural shape of your feet.
- A durable rubber outsole designed to perform on outdoor surfaces and slippery surfaces.
Arch Support Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis
- The Textile and synthetic leather uppers have a Velcro Closure for a customizable fit.
- There is a Shock absorbing Shock-Pad to absorb shock, protecting your Achilles tendon and knees from impact.
- The Microban zinc-based odor treated lining on the footbed of the Verra, ensures maximum sweat and odor control.
- A Contoured and arch supportive EVA cushioned footbed ensures maximum stability and control.
- It also features a highly durable and High Traction rubber outsole.
Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis
- Soft and comfortable textile uppers.
- A durable rubber outsole for grip and traction.
- Features the Cloudstepper and Cushion Soft Technology, for comfort that is lightweight and durable.
- A lightweight EVA footbed that offers excellent shock absorbency and cushioning.
Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis
- Leather and synthetic uppers design that is comfortable and stylish.
- An EVA outsole and anatomically molded EVA footbed for superior comfort, support, and shock absorbency.
- Both have a slight heel and a rubber outsole for grip.
- A comfortable microfiber lining in the Get Your Kicks Model ensures less friction and irritation.
Orthopedic Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis
- Soft and smooth leather uppers that are adjustable for the most comfortable and customizable fit.
- Comfortable cushioned footbed for maximum cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The Pedic Walker has a removable Pu footbed and a Cushioned PU outsole.
- Both have a high grip durable rubber outsole.
Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis
- Both sandals feature a textile and synthetic uppers design that is fashionable and more formal styled.
- The Pelem-Rolneto for the men has a memory foam footbed for comfort and offers a 360 relaxed fit, with a lug rubber outsole.
- The Rumblers-Rock Solid for the ladies is a high wedge heel with dual straps for a comfortable fit and a synthetic sole.
- There are a few color selections in both shoe models to choose from as you like.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Achilles Tendonitis
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Keen® - Sports Sandals for Achilles Tendonitis||Newport||Whisper||Keen||98.5|
|2||Teva® - Arch Support Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis||Minam||Verra||Teva||96|
|3||Clarks® - Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis||Step Beat Sun||Arla Primrose||Clarks||97|
|4||Rockport® - Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis||Get your Kicks||Ridge||Rockport||97|
|5||Propet® - Orthopedic Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis||Vero Slide||Pedic Walker||Propet||98|
|6||Skechers® - Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis||Pelem-Emiro||Rumblers-Rock Solid||Skechers||98|
Table of Contents
- Achilles Tendonitis Symptoms and Causes
- Achilles Tendonitis Treatments and Prevention
- Features of a Good Sandal For Achilles Tendonitis
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Achilles Tendonitis
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Achilles Tendonitis