Charcot foot, as we all know, is a foot condition caused mainly by debates. Diabetes can also cause many other foot conditions and symptoms in their patients.
Orthotic footwear, particularly designed for individuals with Diabetes is usually your best shoe option for Charcot’s foot, especially if it is very severe.
What to Look for in a Good Shoe for Charcot Foot
The best shoe for Charcot’s foot should preferably accommodate, stabilize, and support the shape disfigurement that this condition causes as well as other foot deformities such as Hammertoes and bunions, which may also arise.
In turn, you want the limited motion of the foot for pain relief and to reduce inflammation as well as reduced shock and pressure on the foot, particularly in high-pressure areas. Ulcers and sores can develop from friction, which is another issue that should be addressed when choosing footwear for Charcot’s foot.
When it comes to Charcot foot or individuals with Diabetes a good orthopedic brand shoe is highly recommended, and you should ideally look for these features;
- Extra Depth – The Extra depth allows you to use insoles and foot orthotics and also accommodates deformities of the foot to reduce pressure.
- Extra Width – A roomy toe box and broader width options are ideal for swollen or wider feet and also give more room for comfort and to accommodate foot orthotics.
- Cushioning and Shock Absorbency – Cushioning such as Gel, Foam, and Memory foam can provide comfort and reduce shock and pressure on the feet. An EVA midsole and hick rubber outsole can also help to reduce shock impact on the feet.
- Motion Control – To prevent further bone deformity and damage, stability and motion control features are a must in your shoes, so avoid flexible soles and flat insoles and look for something with a more contoured shape and a firmer sole to keep your feet in position.
Charcot Foot treatment and Orthotic Device Tips
In early detection, you can prevent deformities in Charcot’s foot by taking the weight off the foot, treating the disease in the bones with a supplement or cast, and by preventing new fractures.
Taking weight off your feet is most important to reduce the pressure and prevent bone deformities, using a cast also keeps the feet from excessive movement. In turn, wearing shoes that ensure excellent stability and that provide pressure relief can help to reduce the symptoms.
Features of a Good Shoe for Charcot Foot
- Extra depth and roomy toe box.
- Removable footbed or insole so you can use your own orthotic devices.
- Comfortable and seam-free non-binding upper constructed from leather, mesh, or synthetic materials.
- A durable and thick rubber outsole with a shock-absorbing midsole from foam or EVA.
- Cushioned insole and good arch support.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Charcot Foot
Here are some great choices in footbear to reduce and treta the symptoms of Charcot’s disease in your feet;
Charcot Foot Walking Shoe
- Genuine leather uppers construction from premium full-grain leather uppers that are also water-resistant.
- The ideal outdoor walking shoe.
- Ther is an action fast lace-up lacing system for a secure fit.
- Inside is breathable moisture wicking cool mesh linings with PU foam for comfort. At the base.
- A Biomechanical and removable orthotic footbed with antimicrobial treatment keeps your feet fresh and supported.
- There is also a Motion Control feature in the footbed, which is ideal for Charcot’s foot along with excellent arch support.
Charcot Foot Dress Shoe
- The ladies model is a slightly flat mary Jane style available in a black or Navy blue option while the gent’s shoe has a slip-on design with a cross strap and is available in brown or black.
- Flexible and breathable uppers with an extra depth toe box and availability in wider width options.
- There is an ergonomically designed sole with Air cushioning, orthopedic support and anatomical arch support in multiple layers.
- Ideal for sensitive feet and a variety of foot conditions, including Charcot’s foot.
- A durable rubber outsole that offers good grip and traction.
Charcot Foot Professional and Dress Shoe
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers with a roomy toe design.
- Offers a flexible fit with removable cushioned inserts allowing you the use of your own orthotics.
- The linings inside are entirely seamless for less friction and irritation.
- Extra-depth design is available in wider widths options as well.
- There is an elongated medial and lateral counter for better support and stability, which is a requirement when you have Charcot’s foot.
- The outsole is made from durable and thick rubber.
- 100% breathable, flexible, and lightweight mesh uppers.
- The sole is flexible, and there is a high traction rubber outsole.
- The lace-up design is available in many color variations to choose from as needed.
- Available in wider width options and extended sizes.
- A Medicare Code A5500 footwear design.
- There is also a comfortable cushioned and removable footbed allowing you the use of your own orthotic devices.
Charcot Foot Shoe
- The Uppers consist of durable leather and are lined with a padded and breathable mesh.
- The upper straps at the toe and back of the heel are also adjustable for the most comfortable fit.
- There is a lightweight EVA midsole in the wedge sole, and a durable and high grip patterned rubber outsole for outdoor excursions and slip resistance.
- There point hook and loop adjustability options.
- The removable footbed offers plush and generous cushioning, and there is ample metatarsal support.
- Designed with double added depth and a wider more roomy toe area,
- Also available in wider width options to choose from as well as a few color selections.
Charcot Foot Sandal
- Synthetic leather uppers are available in many colors and prints to choose from as you wish.
- A durable and high grip rubber outsole.
- Thong style sandals for easy on and off.
- The footbed is Podiatrist designed and biomechanical with a deeper heel cup for better support and stability.
- The midsole is flexible and absorbs shock on impact to reduce pressure on your feet, knees, and ankles.
Charcot Foot Walking Sneaker
- Soft and pliable uppers from mesh and synthetic materials that are also highly breathable and lightweight.
- A Seam Free fabric interior lining and extra foam padding for comfort and less friction.
- The toe box is an extra depth and broader for more toe room.
- A removable orthotic insole with lightweight Air Cushioning, and ergonomic and biomechanical design.
- It offers excellent anatomical arch support, and there are multiple cushioning layers in the footbed.
- Available in a few color options as well as extended width and large size options.
Charcot’s Foot Walking and Casual Shoe
- The uppers are mesh and synthetic leather available n a smooth or suede finish, and many color options.
- There is an Air-Cooled memory foam footbed and a supportive foam midsole for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The sole is a platform design with a durable rubber outsole.
- The shoe is lightweight with a roomy toe box and availability in wider width options.
Charcot’s Foot Dress Sandals
- You can choose from a Black or Brown Color Option in the Barcelona, and more color selections in the Alana for ladies.
- The Upper is leather with adjustable straps, and the forefoot has a roomy and wide fit.
- Inside is a moisture wicking suede lining and comfortable footbed.
- The EVA sole provides cushioned comfort and shock absorbency.
- You can also use your own orthotics with both sandal models.
Capsulitis Running and Walking Shoes
- ZThe Cloudfoam will feel like you are walking and running on Airsoft clouds.
- The Upper is synthetic and mesh for excellent support and breathability with a Hypoknit design.
- The Design is Data-Driven, so it will conform to your foot and movements.
- There is a Fresh Foam Midsole and cushioned insole for comfort and shock absorbency.
- Wider width options are also available in both models.
Index Table: Top Rated Charcot Foot Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Charcot Foot Walking Shoe||Walker||Walker||Vionic||96|
|2||Orthofeet® - Charcot Foot Dress Shoe||Lincoln||Springfield||Orthofeet||96|
|3||Apis Mt Emey® - Charcot Foot Professional and Dress Shoe||728-E||9205||Apis Mt Emey||96|
|4||Propet® - Foot Shoe||TravelFit||TravelActiv||Propet||96|
|5||Drew® - Charcot Foot Shoe||Warren||Cascade||Drew||96|
|6||Vionic® - Charcot Foot Sandal||Ryder||Floriana||Vionic||96|
|7||Orthofeet® - Charcot Foot Walking Sneaker||Lava||Coral||Orthofeet||98|
|8||Skechers® - Charcot’s Foot Walking and Casual Shoe||Afterburn||D’Lites||Skechers||97.4|
|9||Drew® - Charcot’s Foot Dress Sandals||Barcelona||Alana||Drew||95.6|
|10||Adidas® - Capsulitis Running and Walking Shoes||Cloudfoam Pure||Adidas||97.6|
Table of Contents
- What to Look for in a Good Shoe for Charcot Foot
- Charcot Foot treatment and Orthotic Device Tips
- Features of a Good Shoe for Charcot Foot
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Charcot Foot
- Charcot Foot Walking Shoe
- Charcot Foot Dress Shoe
- Charcot Foot Professional and Dress Shoe
- Foot Shoe
- Charcot Foot Shoe
- Charcot Foot Sandal
- Charcot Foot Walking Sneaker
- Charcot’s Foot Walking and Casual Shoe
- Charcot’s Foot Dress Sandals
- Capsulitis Running and Walking Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Charcot Foot Shoes