Running or walking is much different on the treadmill than on the ground, and the motion is more likely changed, as well as the factor that there is more impact on the balls of the feet.
Shoes for running or walking on the treadmill need to provide more cushioning and support to prevent injuries. Similarly, a different shoe is needed for running and walking on the treadmill, as the same shoes may not work for both activities.
How to Find the Best Shoes for the Treadmill
Keeping in mind that walking on the treadmill is different from running, you need to establish the movements you are going to be performing on your work out.
You can opt for a running shoe for walking and running, but a walking shoe will not work for running.
With this in mind here are a few other considerations to take heed of;
- Know Your Feet – To get the right support and cushioning out of your shoes, you need to know if you have a flat, low or neutral arch type. For a low arch or flat feet, a stability shoe is required with a firmer sole, whereas for a High Arch, you need a more flexible sole and high arch support. A Neutral arch can wear most footwear types.
Weight – Any walking or running shoe needs to be lightweight, and offer lightweight features.
Cushioning – Cushioning is required for impact absorption, particularly in the heel and the ball of the foot area on a treadmill. Look for cushioning features in the footbed, insole, and midsole areas.
Flexibility – A good running and walking shoe must bend in the area by the ball of the foot and never in the arch.
Comfort – You can look for other comfort features such as a breathable uppers design, moisture-wicking lining, and a padded tongue and collar.
Walking or Running Shoes for the Treadmill
A running shoe is light in weight but has much more cushioning to absorb shock, whereas a walking shoe is more sturdy and heavier with less cushioning, and provide better arch support.
Running shoes have a stiffer sole and a thicker heel wedge for cushioning, they also provide better motion control and keep your feet neutral.
A walking shoe, however, has a more flexible sole, less heel cushioning, and fewer stability features.
All in all, if you are only going to walk on the treadmill, opt for a walking shoe, but for running, or running and walking, rather go for a running shoe.
Features of a Good Shoe for Treadmill
- Uppers – The shoes feature such a one-piece mesh upper and internal bootie construction, or leather and breathable mesh uppers, along with a Lace-up closure for a secure fit, and Fabric linings to keep your feet cool and dry, are available.
Insole – For the Insole, there are ORTHOLITE sock liners that are cushioned and manage moisture or crash pads for shock absorbency. Air Cooled Goga Mat technology insoles for high-rebound cushioning and comfort, as well as Lightweight responsive cushioning, and a choice of Ultra Go cushioning, or Floatride Energy Foam.
Midsole -In the Midsole, we have either EVA or, BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning, or a Responsive Boost midsole.
Support – Support features such as; Stabilizing internal heel counters that gently helps your foot remain in its natural line of motion. A Stabilizing Torsion System that provides a cushioned layer underfoot, while molding to the shape of your foot for added comfort. A High-rebound comfort pillar technology underfoot that reacts to your every step for the ultimate comfort can be found.
Outsole – For the outsole rebounding rubber to create a springy feel underfoot, Continental Rubber for extraordinary grip in wet and dry conditions, or a Dual-density outsole for added stability and support may be used
Fit and Color Options -there are many colors and patterns,as well as different width options in narrow to extra wide in some models.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Treadmill
Below are some excellent shoe choices for Walking and Running on the Treadmill;
Running Shoe for Treadmill
The reebok Forever Floatride Energy 2 is an energizing and shock absorbing shoe ideal for running and walking on the Treadmill.
- A lightweight and comfortable shoe with breathable and flexible uppers.
- Floatride foam is used as the top layer of cushioning inside the shoe along with denser, more responsive cushioning in the midsole.
- There is a moisture-wicking, breathable mesh interior lining to keep your feet dry.
- The rubber outsole is durable and offers the perfect non-restrictive traction on a treadmill.
Walking Shoe for Treadmill
The Go Walk Lace-Up Range from Skechers offers a lightweight and comfortable fitting shoe for walking on the treadmill.
- The ideal walking shoe for those who enjoy a light walk on the treadmill.
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable made from fabric.
- There is an Air Cooled Goga Mat technology insole for higher rebound cushioning and support.
- You can also enjoy the lightweight and responsive Ultra Go Cushioning insole.
- The Dual-density rubber outsole ensures light and durable traction.
High Arches and Supination Running Shoe for the Treadmill
The Brooks Ghost 12 offers the best fit for people who have a higher arch type and tend to Supinate when they run or walk.
- The perfect shoe for those suffering from mild to moderate under pronation.
- Extremely lightweight and breathable mesh fabric and synthetic uppers.
- A flexible and cushioned insole for support and comfort.
- There are crash pads in the midfoot areas for even more shock absorbency.
- The sole is durable and made from high traction rubber.
Walking and Running Shoe for Treadmill
The Adidas Adizero Boston 8 is a lightweight and comfortable shoe that can be used for running and walking on the Treadmill.
- Soft and flexible synthetic and mesh upper offer a snug fit.
- There is Boost energy-returning cushioned midsole for shock absorbency.
- A stabilizing torsion system helps to control motion and provides good stability.
- The Continental rubber outsole offers an extraordinary grip.
- The shoe is available in a variety of colors and patterns from which you can choose.
Treadmill Walking Shoe
From Asics, we have the Gel venture seven, which is likewise an exceptional she for running or walking on the treadmill.
- The upper consists of fabric and synthetic leather for flexibility and breathability.
- There is an Ortholite Sock liner on the inside that offers to cushion and manages moisture.
- The Stabilizing internal heel counter ensures excellent stability motion control.
- A durable rubber outsole offers a good traction grip on the treadmill.
Walking and Running Shoe for the Treadmill
The Launch 6 from Brooks is a great walking shoe for the Treadmill.
- The shoe offers a medium width fit with lightweight mesh uppers and an internal bootie design.
- A BioMoGo cushioning and rebounding rubber sole offers a springy and energizing feel.
- There is a comfortable fabric lined cushioned insole and moisture-wicking lining inside.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures good traction and shock absorbency.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Treadmill
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Reebok® - Running Shoe for Treadmill||Reebok||99.1|
|2||Skechers® - Walking Shoe for Treadmill||Skechers||97.6|
|3||Brooks® - High Arches and Supination Running Shoe for the Treadmill||Brooks||97.5|
|4||Adidas® - Walking and Running Shoe for Treadmill||Adidas||97|
|5||Asics® - Treadmill Walking Shoe||Asics||96|
|6||Brooks® - Walking and Running Shoe for the Treadmill||Brooks||96|
Table of Contents
- How to Find the Best Shoes for the Treadmill
- Walking or Running Shoes for the Treadmill
- Features of a Good Shoe for Treadmill
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Treadmill
- Running Shoe for Treadmill
- Walking Shoe for Treadmill
- High Arches and Supination Running Shoe for the Treadmill
- Walking and Running Shoe for Treadmill
- Treadmill Walking Shoe
- Walking and Running Shoe for the Treadmill
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Treadmill