When we think about buying shoes and stocking up in our wardrobe, we usually focus on looks, comfort, durability, and longevity, amongst other factors.
However, not very often do we pay attention to the fact that we wear shoes almost every time we are behind the wheels.
Hence, it is essential to keep this factor in mind and understand the need to choose the best driving shoes considering this fact.
In fact, it would be is ideal to have spare shoes suited for driving stored in your car’s trunk.
Tips for Choosing an Excellent Driving Shoe
- No Heels – There’s no doubt that shoes with heels might look great when you are in a party or be going to the office, but when it comes to driving a car, they are extremely uncomfortable and unsuitable, to say the least.
Lightweight – Those heavy boots that are used during the rain and snow are made specifically for such purposes. Therefore using them for driving would be at the drivers’ risk, to say the least.
Softly Padded Thin Outsole – This is because they provide a better feel-of-touch for your feet to have natural contact with the accelerators, brakes, and clutches.
No Pointy Toes – Try to avoid these shoes as they squeeze your toes and will give you an uncomfortable feeling, also it is hard to press the pedals with pointy toe shoes accurately.
Features of a Good Driving Shoe
- A Cushioned, EVA, Foam, or Ortholite comfort footbed that absorbs shock and supports your feet.
- Easy slip-on and off design or a secure lacing system.
- High grip or studded durable rubber outsole.
- Breathable uppers.
- Soft and flexible design.
- Smooth interior lining that will not irritate your skin.
- Durable construction from quality materials such as leather, canvas, and rubber.
Reviews: The Best Driving Shoes
Take a look at some brands of shoes which could be suitable for those who wish to drive a car safely and comfortably, especially over long distances;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This shoe comes from the stables of Twisted X Men’s, and therefore it manifests a lot of interest and expectation from customers. Hence, it would be interesting to have a look at the various features of this shoe:
- It is a top-quality leather shoe, and it is fully imported.
- It is true to size shoe and fits perfectly in the foot.
- The upper is made from high-quality leather, and therefore, apart from being comfortable while driving, it also offers long life and durability.
- The soles are also made from high-quality materials, and they help in getting a good grip when a person is driving or walking on slippery surfaces and then getting back into the car pushing the pedals.
- The Moccasin is of high quality, and it offers great value for money.
Coming from the House of Vans, this unisex shoe is perfectly made for skating and also for driving cars over long distances. Apart from sporting an excellent look, it comes with some exciting features:
- The shoe is made of high-quality canvas material.
- The rubber soles have been designed, keeping in mind driving comfort and for offering the best possible grip.
- It also is suitable for skating and continues to be modern in spite of its everyday look.
- It also comes with a waffle outsole, which is a signature feature of these kinds of shoes. This goes a long way in giving the extra board feel.
- It also features EVA insert which has been Die-cut. This certainly helps a lot in providing that additional support.
Related Shoes from Vans
There is no doubt that PUMA, for many decades, has been at the forefront of coming out with some of the best shoes. This particular model is also a stunner in terms of looks, comfort, and durability.
Here are a few features which are worth mentioning:
- It is a sneaker that is perfectly suitable for touring cat Mercedes grid motorsport.
- It is made from high-quality leather.
- It also comes with a quality rubber sole, which helps in having a better grip while driving, especially at great speeds and over long distances.
- It sports a colorful look and comes with color pops and the classic form strip accompanied with gradient coloring.
- The footbed is made from an EcoOrthoLite material which makes it light and breathable.
Related Shoes from PUMA
Sperry has been into shoemaking since 1935, and therefore this particular model also bears the stamp of class and experience. It is feature-rich and here are a few of the noteworthy:
- Made from high-quality canvas.
- It is an entirely imported shoe, and the rubber soles are known for its high quality, durability, and ability to help get a good grip, either when walking or driving a car.
- The shoe is famous for its vulcanized construction, which helps bond the upper and outer soles perfectly.
- It comes with a 360 Degree Lacing System which is rustproof and ensures the best and secure fit.
- It also has certain important features which make it perfectly suitable for use during wet and dry seasons and also for better traction.
- Made from a mixture of high-quality textile and synthetic material, it certainly is very comfortable and durable.
- It is an entirely imported shoe which features high-quality rubber soles that ensure grip and comfort.
- These driving shoes are breathable and therefore keep the feet dry even when worn for extended periods of time.
- The retro sneaker features an entirely new look and has a mesh upper which is lightweight.
- It also comes with suede overlays made from quality synthetic materials.
- The Cloudfoam midsole gives you great cushioning, and the outsole with non-marking features are also worth mentioning.
Comfortable leather loafers for driving available in black, tan, and blue suede leather variations.
- Suede or leather uppers that are durable and easy to clean.
- The Adiprene heel and forefoot cushioning provide excellent shock absorbency and comfort.
- A durable rubber outsole ensures an exceptional grip.
- The Ethyl vinyl acetate footbed conforms to the shape of your foot and provides cushioned comfort.
Shoes for Driving
There is nothing like the Allstar Converse Low Topp Chuck Taylor, for easy driving and as a comfortable and stylish all day everywhere wearing sneaker.
- A Soft and breathable lightweight canvas upper.
- A thick shock-absorbing and high grip rubber outsole.
- Cushioned soft Ortholite footbed.
- Secure and snug-fitting design with a lace-up system.
- Available in a wide variety of color options to choose from as you require.
These two brands of leather loafers feature the same studded rubber outsole design and a cushioned insole, which is ideal for driving.
- Supple leather uppers that are flexible and comfortable.
- A cushioned comfort insole.
- Studded durable rubber outsole design is specific for driving.
- Easy slip-on design.
- Available in a few color options to choose from as you wish.
Lightweight Driving Loafers
These Loafers from Eastland feature a very lightweight and flexible design, with an outsole specifically created for comfortable driving.
- Easy slip-on and off style with a few color options available.
- Synthetic leather uppers with a smooth interior.
- A Cushioned EVA and rubber outsole with a tread designed for easy driving and excellent grip.
- Slight heel and flat sole for comfort and easy movement.
The Clarks Ashmont is a stylish and fashionable Loafer design driving shoe that is easy to slip on and off.
- The uppers comprises of breathable genuine leather and light.
- There are comfortable padding and an Ortholite Insole for moisture management and cushioning.
- The shoe has a more minimalist feel for easy driving and control of the pedals.
- The non-marking rubber outsole likewise ensures incredible grip and control.
The Santa Cruz from Crocs is a lightweight and minimalist driving shoe and casual wearing shoe that is available in a few neutral color selections.
- The shoe is manufactured from synthetic materials with canvas upper that is light and breathable,
- The footbed is padded with heel cups for cushioning and support.
- The sole on these Crocs are highly slip-resistant and ideal fr driving.
- They also offer a lightweight and comfortable fit with a casual flair.
From Cole Haan, we have their superb Gunnison Model, which is a slip-on driving shoe.
- There are imported leather uppers and a durable and high grip rubber sole.
- The design is easy to slip on and off in between driving trips.
- The shoe comes in tan leather color and has a complete Moccasin style with upper bow decoration.
- Because of the grippy outsole, you will have a much better grip and control on the foot pedals of your car.
- The Loafer is available in three classic neutral color options.
- The uppers are smooth and durable leather.
- The shoe has a more classy and dress style appeal.
- The rubber sole offers good flexibility and grip for driving with.
The Colgo Penny Loafers are lightweight with a durable rubber outsole ideal for driving with.
- The shoe offers an easy slip on and off style with an Italian design and appeal.
- The uppers are leather, and there are many color options available.
- The rubber sole offers excellent traction and durability.
- The shoe is lightweight and comfortable to wear.
From Twisted X, we have a leather Moccasin Toe Driving boot available in two color options.
- Full Grain Leather uppers with a boot style that is ankle length.
- The sole of the shoe is a durable rubber with a lug design ideal for driving.
- In general, the boot is lightweight and comfortable for driving.
- There are two light leather color selections from which you can choose.
The above is a look at best driving shoes, and we hope it will do the job of choosing the right shoe for driving comfortably. The information is factual and based on inputs from various reviews and other reliable sources of information.
Index Table: Top Rated Driving Shoes
Table of Contents
- Tips for Choosing an Excellent Driving Shoe
- Features of a Good Driving Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Driving Shoes
- Twisted X® Men's Round Toe Moccasin Shoes for Driving
- Vans® Men's Old Skool Skate Shoes for Driving
- PUMA® Men's Drift Cat 7 Professional Driving Shoes
- Sperry® Men's Top-Sider Bahamas Shoes for Driving
- Adidas® Men's Lite Racer Driving Sneaker
- Rockport® Men's Luxury Cruise Penny Driving Loafers
- Shoes for Driving
- Driving Loafers
- Lightweight Driving Loafers
- Clarks® Men's Ashmont Drivers Shoe
- Crocs® Men's Santa Cruz Playa Lightweight Driving Shoe
- Cole Haan® Men's Gunnison Driving Shoe
- ECCO® Men's Classic Moc 2.0 Moc Toe Driving dressy Shoe
- Colgo® Men's Casual Penny Loafers for Driving
- Twisted X® Men's CXhukka Driving Boot
- Index Table: Top Rated Driving Shoes