Basketball is an indoor game that you play on a court between two teams, of five players each, that have to score by throwing an inflated ball through a hoop at each end of the court, while the other team tries to stop them.
Basketball is a fun and fast-paced sport played by professionals as well as casually for recreational purposes. Basketball has taken the world by storm; it is watched and enjoyed by many people worldwide.
Risks Related to Playing Basketball
In the game of basketball, there is an immense amount of pressure and high risk of injury on the feet and ankles. Two very distinct types of damages are acute injuries from a sudden forceful blow and chronic injuries, which develop with time and can become highly aggravated at later stages.
The type of court that you play on also has a significant effect on your risk of injury; wooden courts offer more shock absorption, whereas concrete and asphalt courts tend to be the most dangerous and harmful to your lower limbs.
Foot and ankle injuries usually occur from a jump or landing and twisting the foot or ankle with the fall. Ankle sprains, torn ligaments, muscle pulls, tendon ruptures, and fractures are only a few of the many injuries related to playing basketball.
Chronic injuries can be reduced and prevented if you follow the correct precautionary methods:
Warming up properly before a match.
Wearing undamaged shoes that fit well and give proper support is one of the most important preventive practices.
Adding a special basketball insoles is highly recommended.
Features of a Good Basketball Shoe
- Cushioning – The best basketball shoes are those who are exceptionally well cushioned.
Ankle Support – They should be stiff enough to offer proper ankle support.
Comfort – A comfortable, lightweight, and breathable shoe that fits snugly without being too tight should aid in your performance and keep your feet dry and comfortable.
Lacing – The closure system of a basketball shoe is critical because you do not want zips or laces that loosen while you are playing, so make sure that you have a highly secure closure system.
Avoid – Velcro closures as they tend to loosen while you are playing.
Oustsoles – Make sure that the outsoles are durable and offer you excellent traction on the floor surface that you are going to be practicing on.
Quality – Whether you are playing professionally or only practicing, it is a smart move to invest in a good quality pair of Basketball shoes that are suitable for your foot type, and that fits you perfectly.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Basketball
here are some of our latest picks for the highest-rated latest basketball shoes brands;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Adidas Pro Next is a basketball shoe created for fast, all-court domination. A shoe that will improve your speed and precision for maximum performance with excellent comfort and support.
- A durable and lightweight synthetic mix upper.
- A comfortable textile inner lining.
- The Torsion system gives better midfoot integrity and stability.
- The Puremotion midsole responds to every impact and mimics natural balance efficiency and enables rapid response.
- Tongue and heel pull tabs for easy on and off.
- Non-marking rubber outsole gives excellent traction.
- Colorful and fashionable designs that will suit every preference and make you stand out on the court.
- Available in a wide color variety.
- Synthetic leather uppers give lateral support and a heel counter for improved comfort and stability.
- An Ethylene Vinyl Acetate midsole that gives you a consistently cushioned feel.
- The outsole is made from non-marking rubber and ensures exceptional traction and durability.
- Available in three color variations.
- A classic and old-school solid color design.
- Air Jordan series, including Air Jordan I, has an entire class of features, support, and innovation that any basketball player needs.
- The shoe, even though offered great comfort and functionality, it defied the convention.
- Michael Jordan had to pay a penalty of $5,000 every time he wore the shoe on court.
- The penalty did not stop him and instead gave a boost to Nike’s marketing policies, where the shoe was soon given a rebellious image.
- Leather and mesh uppers for improved ventilation to keep your feet dry and fresh.
- A flight web system that improves performance.
- A durable plastic frame on the lateral side for better support.
- The Lunarlon foam gives you a soft and springy cushioned feeling.
- The rubber outsole offers excellent grip and traction.
- Synthetic and leather uppers for breathability and comfort.
- A durable rubber outsole with Herringbone patterns for traction and grip to reduce slip risks.
- The visible air unit in the heel gives you high impact cushioning when you come down with the rebounds.
- A collar design upper for a better fit.
- A durable and comfortable design.
- The sleek and trendy appearance will give you confidence on the court.
- Available in a variety of colors and designs.
- A padded collar and tongue for a cushioned fit.
- The high-quality sock liner adds extra cushioning for all-day comfort.
- Traditional lacing closure with a mesh-lined tongue for lightweight support and improved breathability.
- A Quarter panel molding and a patent leather detailed toe box.
- Durable and comfortable Overrated construction.
- The footbed aids as a padded insole and midsole that absorbs shock.
- A molded rubber outsole with herringbone patterns for excellent grip
- This basketball shoe by Adidas is the best choice for those who are flat footed.
- It is also great for plantar fasciitis, which usually goes hand in hand with flat feet.
Lightweight and highly breathable basketball sneakers from Beita.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- Breathable and lightweight textile uppers with a molded heel shield to protect you against ankle injuries.
- Venting holes for ventilation in the uppers.
- A comfortable and cushioned insole.
This shoe from Adidas is a top scorer in basketball shoes for better performance.
- Available in many colorful prints and colors.
- Breathable textile uppers.
- Bounce cushioning that is flexible and absorbs shock.
- Mesh Forgefiber uppers that are heat pressed and TPU coated for targeted support and durability.
- It offers a regular comfortable fit with Geofit anatomical fit technology.
From Under Armour, we have the Jet basketball shoe, which is lightweight, breathable, and highly durable.
- Textile uppers that are breathable with molded quarter panels for structural support.
- A full EVA sock liner and midsole for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- One-piece solid rubber outsole, with a herringbone traction pattern for better lateral movements.
- Perforated area and mesh for better ventilation.
The Mamba Range from Nike is a stylish and comfortable model in Basketball shoes.
- Durable and lightweight mesh uppers available in a few colors and prints.
- Fllyweave upper construction for targeted support and breathability.
- A Drop in Lunarlon foam midsole and lightweight cushioning and support.
- The Micro Tuned rubber outsole has a low profile and offers multidirectional traction.
The Lockdown 4 from Under Armour is another superb option in high-performance basketball shoes.
- Synthetic leather uppers that are molded for a responsive fit and fast look.
- The uppers are also perforated for breathability.
- There is a lightweight and breathable sock liner for underfoot cushioning and support.
- An injection-molded EVA midsole ensures excellent shock absorbency.
- The durable rubber outsole has multi-level adaptive traction layers and provides exceptional on-court movement.
The NBK model from Nike has an Air Precision design with an air cushioning unit in the midsole for those hard landings.
- Comfortable synthetic and textile uppers.
- Forefoot mesh for lightweight breathability.
- A padded foam collar for better balance and fit.
- There is a Nike Air Unit midsole for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- A modified Herringbone traction tread on the rubber outsole,
Video Review: Best Basketball Shoes for 2018
Comparison Table: The Top Basketball Shoes
|1||Adidas Men's Pro Next - Basketball Sneakers||Adidas||98.2|
|2||Fila Men's Slam 12C - Affordable Basketball Shoe||Fila||95|
|3||Nike Men's Air Jordan 1 - Retro Basketball Shoes||Nike||98.1|
|4||Jordan Men's CP3 VIII - Low Top Shoes for Basketball||Jordan||96|
|5||Nike Men's Air Visi Pro VI - Supportive Basketball Shoes||Nike||94|
|6||AND1 Men's Rocket 4 - Mid Basketball Shoes||AND1||90|
|7||Adidas Men's Ball 365 - Best Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet||Adidas||96|
|8||BEITA Men's High Top - Basketball Sneakers||BEITA||96|
|9||Adidas Men's Pro Bounce - Glove Fit Basketbal Shoe||Adidas||98|
|10||Under Armour Men's Jet - Stability Basketbal Shoe||Under Armour||98|
|11||Nike Men's Mamba Range - Basketball Sneaker||Nike||98|
|12||Under Armour 's Lockdown 4 - Basketball Shoe||Under Armour||96|
|13||Nike Men's - Basketball Sneaker||Nike||97|
Table of Contents
- Risks Related to Playing Basketball
- Features of a Good Basketball Shoe
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Basketball
- Adidas® Men's Pro Next Basketball Sneakers
- Fila® Men's Slam 12C Affordable Basketball Shoe
- Nike® Men's Air Jordan 1 Retro Basketball Shoes
- Jordan® Men's CP3 VIII Low Top Shoes for Basketball
- Nike® Men's Air Visi Pro VI Supportive Basketball Shoes
- AND1® Men's Rocket 4 Mid Basketball Shoes
- Adidas® Men's Ball 365 Best Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet
- BEITA® Men's High Top Basketball Sneakers
- Adidas® Men's Pro Bounce Glove Fit Basketbal Shoe
- Under Armour® Men's Jet Stability Basketbal Shoe
- Nike® Men's Mamba Range Basketball Sneaker
- Under Armour® 's Lockdown 4 Basketball Shoe
- Nike® Men's Basketball Sneaker
- Video Review: Best Basketball Shoes for 2018
- Comparison Table: The Top Basketball Shoes