When first starting any exercise program, you will always hear the word “Cardio” first. Cardio Exercise is the basis upon which all other forms of exercise are built.
Cardio in a Nutshell
Definition – Cardio Exercise simply means that you are doing a rhythmic activity to raise your heart rate and burn calories.
Cardio Exercise Benefits
- Burns fat and calories for weight loss.
- Strengthens your heart muscles.
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks, high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, and some cancer forms.
- It provides relief from depression and anxiety.
- Reduces stress and improves sleep.
- Improves your libido.
- It creates confidence and self-acceptance.
- Weight-bearing Cardio improves Bone density.
Corresponding Shoes to Type of Cardio Exercise
Because any form of exercise has some impact on your feet, you do need shoes that protect against injuries, and that support your feet.
Here are some of the main forms of Cardio Exercise and their Shoe Type requirements
- Weight Lifting Cardio -Weight lifting can be a form of Cardio exercise, but likewise requires a specialized shoe that is durable and provides the right amount of grip and support; therefore, a firm sole and flat gripping athletic shoe are key for weight lifting, so stick to a thin and flat sole.
- Cardio Classes – Cardio Classes such as Zumba, Dance, Aerobics, or even Kickboxing are ideal as a Cardio workout. For this type of Cardio Excercise, I would recommend a general Cross Trainer for kickboxing and Aerobics, and a Dance trainer for Dance or Zumba Classes that features a Pivot Point on the outsole and more flexibility.
- Cycling and Spinning -For this form f exercise a specific shoe is needed for either indoor Spinning Classes, or outdoor Cycling, make sure that you have a snug and secure fitting shoe with a flexible sole and excellent grip.
- Treadmill -Whether you are running on a road, indoor court, or the treadmill, your shoe type is closely the same, a right running shoe should do in this case with the proper arch support and pronation control if you tend to overpronate.
- Running or Walking Outdoors – A good running or walking shoe that provides good shock absorbency and cushioning with a high traction durable sole is ideal for walking and running as a form of Cardio exercise. If you are walking on a tar or concrete surface, a general running shoe should do the trick, while for outdoors on uneven surfaces and trails, I would recommend a trail walking or running shoe.
Features of a Good Cardio Exercise Shoe
- Breathable and comfortable uppers with mesh and leather for stability.
- A secure lace-up or Velcro fit.
- Cushioning and shock absorbency.
- Excellent arch support for your arch type.
- Moisture-wicking lining.
- Durable rubber or synthetic outsole suitable for the type of cardio exercise.
- Well constructed and comfortable fit.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Cardio Exercise
Running Shoe for Cardio Exercise Running
- Fabric upper construction is lightweight, durable, and breathable, with the addition of reflective materials for running at night.
- An AHAR rubber outsole that has the excellent abrasion resistance and is placed as reinforcement in critical high wear areas.
- The heel clutch system and exoskeletal heel counter improves support and creates a slight heel lift.
- Flytefoam Lyte technology in the midsole ensures lightweight shock absorbency and cushioning.
- SPEVAFOAM ensures a soft platform feel and comfort in the shoe, with full-length support and cushioning.
Weight Lifting Cardio Shoe
- Synthetic leather uppers with a secure Velcro closure and Exoframe technology for additional support in the heel.
- A TPU heel piece for stability and control and a Grip rubber outsole for traction and durability,
- The anatomical shape is customized to fit your feet like a glove.
- The uppers are perforated with mesh inserts for enhanced breathability and ventilation.
Aerobics and Dance Class Cardio Shoes
- Lightweight and breathable textile uppers construction with a durable knit.
- A Fit counter molded heel for a more natural fit and better movement while protecting your Achilles’ tendons.
- The stretched rubber outsole offers flexible underfoot movement for a more energized ride.
- Responsive cushioning that delivers the best in energy return.
Cardio Spinning and Cycling Shoe
- Designed specifically for the demands of a spinning class with a dual cleat compatibility option to accommodate all pedal types.
- The Look Delta Cleats come additionally for Pelton compatibility.
- Durable synthetic leather uppers with just enough padding for comfort without hindering performance.
- Ventilated mesh portions allow better breathability to keep your feet cool while the precision fit design hugs your feet for a secure and comfortable fit.
- Available in a few design and color choices.
Cross Training Shoes
- Durable and comfortable synthetic uppers construction with a smooth lining.
- Features Fuze GEL midsole technology made with Fuze GEL and Foam for lightweight comfort and cushioning.
- Excellent rearfoot shock absorbency and forefoot bounce back.
- An AHAR outsole that has high abrasion rubber also placed at all critical areas for reinforcement and durability,
- The Solyte midsole material is lighter in weight with SPEVA to enhance cushioning and durability.
- Available in plenty of color options to choose from.
Mesh Cross Training Shoe
- Mesh and synthetic uppers are lightweight and breathable.
- Better toe drop for stability and a Shock absorbing CUSH, midsole.
- There is a heel crash pad to reduce impact, and the durable rubber outsole offers excellent traction.
- A few color options are available.
- Available in different colors.
Cross Training Shoe
- Breathable, lightweight mesh, and synthetic uppers are offering a secure fit.
- A cushioned footbed with smooth interior linings.
- The thick rubber outsole offers good grip and excellent shock absorbency.
- There are color variations to choose from in both brands.
- The Asics offers you gel cushioning in the rearfoot and forefoot area.
Cardio Training Shoe
- Very lightweight textile and leather uppers that offer a snug glove-like fit.
- No, sew application for less irritation.
- There are a lightweight Revlite midsole and a Meta support rubber outsole for flexible and cushioned shock absorbency and support.
- A Burrito style tongue and asymmetrical heel with molded foam for a better fit.
Cardio Exercise Shoe
- Synthetic leather uppers are available in fashionable and bold color options in two tones.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- Inside is a breathableEco Ortholite Sockliner, that offers an optimum fit and comfort.
- The TPU shank ensures better stability and controlled movement.
Cardio Training Shoe
- Lightweight textile uppers with a women’s and men’s specific fit.
- A Cloudfoam memory foam sock liner for cushioning and textile lining for moisture management.
- Foot hugging fit and availability in neutral cool color selections.
- The durable rubber outsole and foam midsole ensure good traction and shock absorbency.
Cross Training Cardio Shoe
- Soft and flexible textile and synthetic uppers.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- The Uppers are infused with Kevlar for lightweight strength.
- It offers an anatomically shaped snug fit.
- Inside is a Tri-Blend Foam Fusion technology midsole and a cushioned insole.
- RopePro design and sandpaper textured Kevlar for rope climbing.
- A Piston technology lugged design tread on the outsole.
Reviews: Highest Rated Shoes for Cardio
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Running Shoe for Cardio Exercise Running||Gel Nimbus 22||Gel Nimbus 22||Asics||98.6|
|2||Reebok® - Weight Lifting Cardio Shoe||Legacy Lifter Cross Trainer||Legacy Lifter Cross Trainer||Reebok||97|
|3||Adidas® - Aerobics and Dance Class Cardio Shoes||Pure Boost Go||Pure Boost Go||Adidas||96|
|4||Tomaso® - Cardio Spinning and Cycling Shoe||Roma||Pista||Tomaso||96|
|5||Asics® - Cross Training Shoes||Gel Craze 4||Gel Craze 4||Asics||98|
|6||New Balance® - Mesh Cross Training Shoe||Mw813||711v3||New Balance||98|
|7||Asics® - Cross Training Shoe||Gel Saga||Influence 2.5||Asics||96|
|8||New Balance® - Cardio Training Shoe||MX20V6||WX20V6||New Balance||96|
|9||Puma® - Cardio Exercise Shoe||Tazon 6||Tazon 6||Puma||98|
|10||Adidas® - Cardio Training Shoe||Cloudfoam||Cloudfoam||Adidas||96|
|11||Reebok® - Cross Training Cardio Shoe||Crossfit Nano 6.0||Crossfit Nano 6.0||Reebok||97|
Table of Contents
- Cardio in a Nutshell
- Corresponding Shoes to Type of Cardio Exercise
- Features of a Good Cardio Exercise Shoe
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Cardio Exercise
- Running Shoe for Cardio Exercise Running
- Weight Lifting Cardio Shoe
- Aerobics and Dance Class Cardio Shoes
- Cardio Spinning and Cycling Shoe
- Cross Training Shoes
- Mesh Cross Training Shoe
- Cross Training Shoe
- Cardio Training Shoe
- Cardio Exercise Shoe
- Cardio Training Shoe
- Cross Training Cardio Shoe
- Reviews: Highest Rated Shoes for Cardio