When first starting any exercise program, you will always hear the word “Cardio” first. Cardio Exercise is the basis upon which all other forms of exercise are built.
Cardio exercise comes in many forms, such as running, cycling, swimming, and many more. As with any sport type, you will need the right shoe type to perform Cardio routines that support your feet and prevent injury.
That is why we highly recommend the best shoes for cardio Excercise, support your feet, provide effective cushioning, and not weigh your down.
Cardio Exercise Benefits
Cardio Exercise means that you are doing a rhythmic activity to raise your heart rate and burn calories. Cardio exercise can come in many forms, such as running, using a treadmill or cycling equipment, aerobic or dance classes, and many more.
there are quite some benefits to doing cardio exercises;
- Burns fat and calories for weight loss.
- Strengthens your heart muscles.
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks, high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, and some cancer forms.
- It provides relief from depression and anxiety.
- Reduces stress and improves sleep.
- Improves your libido.
- It creates confidence and self-acceptance.
- Weight-bearing Cardio improves Bone density.
Corresponding Shoes to Type of Cardio Exercise
Because any form of exercise has some impact on your feet, you need shoes that protect against injuries and support your feet.
Here are some of the main forms of Cardio Exercise and their Shoe Type requirements
- Weight Lifting Cardio – Weight lifting can be a form of Cardio exercise but likewise requires a specialized shoe that is durable and provides the right amount of grip and support; therefore, a firm sole and flat gripping athletic shoe are key for weight lifting, so stick to a thin and flat sole.
- Cardio Classes – Cardio Classes such as Zumba, Dance, Aerobics, or even Kickboxing are ideal as a Cardio workout. For this type of Cardio Excercise, I recommend a general Cross Trainer for kickboxing and Aerobics and a Dance trainer for Dance or Zumba Classes that feature a Pivot Point on the outsole more flexibility.
- Cycling and Spinning – For this form f exercise, a specific shoe is needed for either indoor Spinning Classes or outdoor Cycling, make sure that you have a snug and secure fitting shoe with a flexible sole and excellent grip.
- Treadmill – Whether you are running on a road, indoor court, or the treadmill, your shoe type is closely the same; a right running shoe should do in this case with the proper arch support and pronation control if you tend to overpronate.
- Running or Walking Outdoors – A good running or walking shoe that provides good shock absorbency and cushioning with a high traction durable sole is ideal for walking and running as a form of Cardio exercise. If you are walking on tar or concrete surface, a general running shoe should do the trick while outdoors on uneven surfaces and trails. I would recommend a trail walking or running shoe.
Features of a Good Cardio Exercise Shoe
- Uppers – Breathable and comfortable uppers with mesh and leather for stability.
- Closure – A secure lace-up or Velcro fit.
- Cushioning and Support – Look for a shoe that has some form of cushioning, as well as a shock absorbing midsole.. Good arch support is also desirable for your specific arch type.
- Outsole – Durable rubber or synthetic outsole suitable for the type of cardio exercise.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Cardio Exercise
Here are our top favorites in the best available shoes for cardio exercises;
Running Shoe for Cardio Exercise Running
- Fabric upper construction is lightweight, durable, and breathable, with reflective materials for running at night.
- An AHAR rubber outsole has excellent abrasion resistance and is placed as reinforcement in critical high wear areas.
- The heel clutch system and exoskeletal heel counter improves support and creates a slight heel lift.
- Flytefoam Lyte technology in the midsole ensures lightweight shock absorbency and cushioning.
- SPEVAFOAM ensures a soft platform feel and comfort in the shoe, with full-length support and cushioning.
Weight Lifting Cardio Shoe
- Synthetic leather uppers with a secure Velcro closure and Exoframe technology for additional support in the heel.
- A TPU heel piece for stability and control and a Grip rubber outsole for traction and durability.
- The anatomical shape is customized to fit your feet like a glove.
- The uppers are perforated with mesh inserts for enhanced breathability and ventilation.
Aerobics and Dance Class Cardio Shoes
- Lightweight and breathable textile uppers construction with a durable knit.
- A Fit counter molded heel for a more natural fit and better movement while protecting your Achilles’ tendons.
- The stretched rubber outsole offers flexible underfoot movement for a more energized ride.
- Responsive cushioning that delivers the best in energy return.
Cardio Spinning and Cycling Shoe
- Designed specifically for the demands of a spinning class with a dual cleat compatibility option to accommodate all pedal types.
- The Look Delta Cleats come additionally for Pelton compatibility.
- Durable synthetic leather uppers with just enough padding for comfort without hindering performance.
- Ventilated mesh portions allow better breathability to keep your feet cool, while the precision fit design hugs your feet for a secure and comfortable fit.
- Available in a few design and color choices.
Cross Training Shoes
- Durable and comfortable synthetic uppers construction with a smooth lining.
- Features Fuze GEL midsole technology made with Fuze GEL and Foam for lightweight comfort and cushioning.
- Excellent rearfoot shock absorbency and forefoot bounce back.
- An AHAR outsole that has high abrasion rubber also placed at all critical areas for reinforcement and durability,
- The Solyte midsole material is lighter in weight with SPEVA to enhance cushioning and durability.
- Available in plenty of color options to choose from.
Mesh Cross Training Shoe
- The Upper is a lightweight and flexible knit from Nylon Yarns.
- There is a REVlite cushioning midsole for lightweight shock absorbency.
- The Shoe has a low 4mm heel-to-toe drop which is also ideal for cross-training.
- The sole is a very durable Vribam rubber for excellent traction.
- There are likewise quite a few color options available to you.
Cross Training Shoe
- Breathable, lightweight mesh and synthetic uppers are offering a secure fit.
- A cushioned footbed with smooth interior linings.
- The thick rubber outsole offers a good grip and excellent shock absorbency.
- There are color variations to choose from in both brands.
- The Asics offers you gel cushioning in the rearfoot and forefoot area.
Cardio Training Shoe
- Very lightweight textile and leather uppers that offer a snug glove-like fit.
- No, sew application for less irritation.
- A lightweight Revlite midsole and a Meta support rubber outsole for flexible and cushioned shock absorbency and support.
- A Burrito-style tongue and asymmetrical heel with molded foam for a better fit.
Cardio Exercise Shoe
- Synthetic leather uppers are available in fashionable and bold color options in two tones.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- Inside is a breathableEco Ortholite Sockliner that offers an optimum fit and comfort.
- The TPU shank ensures better stability and controlled movement.
Cardio Training Shoe
- Lightweight textile uppers with a women’s and men’s specific fit.
- A Cloudfoam memory foam sock liner for cushioning and textile lining for moisture management.
- Foot hugging fit and availability in neutral cool color selections.
- The durable rubber outsole and foam midsole ensure good traction and shock absorbency.
Cross Training Cardio Shoe
- The upper is a soft and flexible Flexweave technology design.
- The Soft Rubber Midsole provides good cushioning and shock absorbency.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- The Uppers are infused with Kevlar for lightweight strength.
- It offers an anatomically shaped snug fit.
- Inside is a Tri-Blend Foam Fusion technology midsole and a cushioned insole.
- RopePro design and sandpaper textured Kevlar for rope climbing.
- A Piston technology lugged design tread on the outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Cardio Excrecise
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Running Shoe for Cardio Exercise Running||Gel Nimbus 24||Gel Nimbus 24||Asics||98.6|
|2||Reebok® - Weight Lifting Cardio Shoe||Legacy Lifter Cross Trainer||Legacy Lifter Cross Trainer||Reebok||97|
|3||Adidas® - Aerobics and Dance Class Cardio Shoes||Pure Boost Go||Pure Boost Go||Adidas||96|
|4||Tomaso® - Cardio Spinning and Cycling Shoe||Roma||Pista||Tomaso||96|
|5||Asics® - Cross Training Shoes||Gel Craze 4||Gel Craze 4||Asics||98|
|6||New Balance® - Mesh Cross Training Shoe||Minimus 20 V7||Minimus 20 V7||New Balance||98|
|7||Asics® - Cross Training Shoe||Gel Saga||Influence 2.5||Asics||96|
|8||New Balance® - Cardio Training Shoe||MX20V6||WX20V6||New Balance||96|
|9||Puma® - Cardio Exercise Shoe||Tazon 6||Tazon 6||Puma||98|
|10||Adidas® - Cardio Training Shoe||Cloudfoam||Cloudfoam||Adidas||96|
|11||Reebok® - Cross Training Cardio Shoe||Crossfit Nano 6.0||Crossfit Nano 9||Reebok||97|
Table of Contents
- Cardio Exercise Benefits
- Corresponding Shoes to Type of Cardio Exercise
- Features of a Good Cardio Exercise Shoe
- Reviews: Best Shoes for Cardio Exercise
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Cardio Excrecise