Cross Training is suited for people who pursue fitness and perfect minds and bodies, as it is considered the best type of exercise that will promise a perfect fit, healthy, and agile body.
Cross-training can provide a complete workout for all parts of the body.
Therefore, it is not very surprising when we see this training method being used by many professional athletes and others who are extremely particular about their total fitness levels.
What is Cross Training?
As the name suggests, when we talk about cross-training, we refer to various exercises and disciplines of workouts.
The primary objective is to offer the body a complete and totally varied workout that impacts almost every muscle and joint of the body.
The biggest benefit of cross-training is that your body does not become a slave to one particular group of exercises and workouts. Hence, your body could become versatile when it comes to choosing any fitness or workout regimen.
This is why it is so important that you buy only the best cross-training shoes that you feel comfortable with to achieve the maximum from your workout.
Choosing The Right Footwear for Cross Training
While there is no doubt that there are many benefits as far as cross-training is concerned, there is one important fact which must be kept in mind.
- Choosing the Right Cross Trainer – Any training puts a lot of pressure on the feet and; therefore, importance must be paid to choose the right kind of shoes. Since some options are available, you must check the relevant information sources and select the comfortable and sturdy one.
- Brands – It is always better to go for branded shoes rather than opting for cheap unbranded cross-training shoes. The materials which go into the making of the shoes must always be kept in mind.
- Style – Secondly, while being contemporary, the style should not impact the comfort level in any way whatsoever. Particular attention must be paid to the inner sole, the uppers, and other such things.
- Sizing – You must check at least two or three sizes and then decide the one which you feel is the most comfortable. You should never compromise on quality and settle for low-priced shoes.
The Many Exercises and Workout of Cross Training
It would be pertinent to mention here that we could include some common exercises for many of us when we talk about cross-training.
It could include swimming, weight lifting, cycling, aerobics, and other forms of exercise and workouts.
One could also use cardio exercises, including doing circuits in conjunction with running and cycling.
This type of training where combinations are used is becoming quite popular amongst fitness enthusiasts;
- Burns Calories – Cross-training helps burn calories much faster than any other type of exercise.
- Heart health – At the same time gives the right kind of exercise for the heart and cardiovascular system.
- Improves Oxygen – It provides pure oxygen to all parts of the body apart from toning and shaping muscle tissues.
- Stronger Bones and Teeth – It helps calcium deposits in the bones and could, therefore, also be good for bone health.
- Weightloss – It helps reach high fitness levels and helps a lot in keeping weight under check. It is highly recommended for those looking for an efficient and safe way to lose weight within a short period.
When a person keeps doing the same exercise without bringing variety, you may become effective in the exercises. Still, your body will find ways and means to burn fewer calories than before. Hence going in for such cross-training could serve the primary purpose of weight loss.
Features of a Good Cross Training Shoes
- Uppers – Breathable and lightweight uppers that provide a flexible and customizable fit are ideal for cross-training. Look for breathable mesh with a synthetic overlay.
- Insole and Footbed – A cushioned and comfortable arch support insole provides comfort and support.
- Lining – Look for a moisture-wicking lining inside the shoe, preferably seam-free.
- Midsole – A cushioned midsole that can either be air, gel, foam, or EVA provides good shock absorbency and bounce back.
- Outsole – High traction outsole that is flexible and offer good grip.
Reviews: The Best Cross Training Shoes
Over the next few lines, we will try and have a look at the best cross-training shoes for men and women;
All Purpose Cross Trainers
- It comes in stunning colors and is from the house of Reebok.
- Quality rubber soles, this shoe offers full value for money.
- It is feature-rich and comes with an anatomical design that is suitable for quick cuts and rapid lifting.
- The uppers offer quality protection and support and are made from quality Durable Kevlar technology.
- It also comes with a contoured heel counter.
- It is an imported shoe made from a combination of mesh and high-quality leather.
- The rubber soles are specially made to withstand rough usage in different weather conditions.
- It comes with a unique ROLLBAR technology, which a stability trainer develops.
- It also features TPU support, which is suitable for comfort against overpronation.
- The midsole is made from EVA Foam.
- The outsoles come with non-marking features.
- It is specially designed to offer the best possible comfort for those who suffer from bunions.
- Overall, it has won many quality reviews from customers making it a good buy offering value for money.
Minimus Cross-Training and Weightlifting Shoe
- Made from a high-quality synthetic upper, it is a completely imported shoe.
- However, it has been done to suit local users’ particular needs and suit local climatic conditions.
- The soles are completely human-made. Therefore, one can be sure of 100% comfort and style. They are exquisitely designed to cater to the foot of our customers.
- The outsole is made from high-quality and durable Vibram.
- The upper also has overlays, which add stability to the shoe, and has a 4 mm drop.
- The Asics Gel Contend has synthetic and mesh uppers with supportive overlays.
- There is an Ortholite Sockliner to manage moisture and provide cushioning.
- The Amplifoam midsole is more dense and durable with incredible flexibility.
- There is Guidance Line technology in the midsole and flex grooves on the outsole for better gait efficiency.
- The outsole is a durable rubber.
- More colors are likewise available.
Comfortable Cross Training Shoe
- A fully imported shoe, it is made from high-quality synthetic materials.
- The rubber soles are worth mentioning. Made from high-quality rubber, they are well known for their super grip, even on highly slippery surfaces. Hence ideally suitable for cross-training that is hard and demanding.
- The upper is made from synthetic mesh and is durable.
- This shoe comes with lace entry features.
- Also, it has a collar and padded tongue for comfort and safety
- It comes with quality mesh lining
- Very light and therefore extremely comfortable even when worn for an extended period.
Cushioned Cross Training Shoe
- It is made from a combination of textile and synthetic materials.
- It is a completed imported shoe.
- It comes with quality rubber soles promising quality and ruggedness, and durability.
- The midsole features a unique DuoMax dual-density function.
- Offers lace entry features
- The heel cushioning is made from GEL cushioning system.
- Also, it comes with a unique Trusstic System.
- The midsole also features unique SpEVA and FUZEGel features.
- features and AHAR outsole that is abrasion-resistant.
- It is made of leather and is a totally imported shoe.
- It is, however, made for local foot conditions and local uses.
- The rubber soles are made for extra grip, are tough, and can absorb shock and hard hits.
- Chafing is a major problem with cross-training, and this can be avoided with this shoe.
- This is because it comes with a Phantom Liner seamless and totally chaff proof.
- It also comes with a unique EVA midsole that is injection molded.
- Genuine soft and supple leather uppers construction.
- A shock-absorbing and high traction, flexible rubber outsole.
- The injection-molded EVA midsole offers excellent cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The outsole is fully non-marking.
- Features an Abzorb heel for heel protection and shock absorbency.
Cross Training Shoes
- It is made from high-quality mesh.
- The soles are made from high-quality rubber.
- It comes with a padded tongue, collar, and lace-up front.
- It also featured mesh mid-foot, making it suitable for breathability and has perforations.
- It also comes with an outsole with flex grooves for promoting and aiding natural stride.
- It is very lightweight and offers total comfort combined with great looks.
Cushioned Cross Training Shoe
- Breathable mesh and synthetic uppers offer a secure yet flexible fit.
- An AHAR abrasion-resistant rubber outsole.
- SPEVA and FUZE GEL technology midsole for excellent cushioning and shock absorbency, great for high impact training.
- Gel heel cushion to support and cushion your heel.
- Comes with a unique Trusstic system to enhance gait efficiency.
- It is a lightweight shoe.
- It is a completely imported shoe made from the best quality synthetic material.
- The rubber soles are also of high quality and are known for their durability and long life.
- The external heel cushioning provides the heel’s best possible support.
- It also comes with perforated side paneling and also has a unique t-toe overlay feature.
- It is therefore considered a quality athletic sneaker.
- Also, it comes with a tongue and padded collar, which is mesh lined.
Cross-Training and Running Shoes
- The rubber soles are of the best quality, and they go a long way in helping relieve the symptoms associated with Achilles tendonitis.
- It has a unique TPU shank that goes a long way in increasing the shoes’ stability and unwanted movement while on the move.
- This shoe comes with a great heel cushioning system, which responds well to cross-training type of leg movements.
- A traction outsole at this Puma shoe helps to stabilize and enable balance while working out.
Quality Cross Trainer
- It is entirely imported and made to fit local feet conditions and requirements.
- The sole is completely human-made and comes with standard-fit characteristics.
- The shoe is famous for its ultra-lightweight uppers and also for its Meta-Flex multi-directions technology.
- It also comes with unique midfoot reinforcements which increase its life quite significantly.
- The shoe is also famous for its zero drop heel to toe differential, and the differential is 0 mm.
A Cross-Training shoe is a multipurpose shoe used for various training routines that include cardio exercises, running, and weight training.
All the listed shoes have unique features making them ideal as training shoes for Crossfit training purposes.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Cross Training Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Reebok® - All Purpose Cross Trainers||Nano 9||Nano 9||Reebok||98.4|
|2||New Balance® - Cross-Training Shoe||MX857v2||WX857v2||New Balance||96|
|3||New Balance® - Minimus Cross-Training and Weightlifting Shoe||X20v4||X20v2||New Balance||95|
|4||ASICS® - Cross-Training Shoe||Gel-Contend 7||Gel-Contend 7||ASICS||94|
|5||ASICS® - Comfortable Cross Training Shoe||gel Venture 8||Gel Venture 8||ASICS||95|
|6||ASICS® - Cushioned Cross Training Shoe||GEL-Quantum 180 TR||GEL-Quantum 180 TR||ASICS||96|
|7||New Balance® - Cross-Training Shoe||X623v3||X623v3||New Balance||96|
|8||New Balance® - Cross Trainer||MX 624V2||MX 623V3||New Balance||95|
|9||Nike® - Cross Training Shoes||Flex Control TR3||Flex Experience||Nike||94|
|10||ASICS® - Cushioned Cross Training Shoe||GEL-Craze TR4||GEL-Craze TR 4||ASICS||98|
|11||Puma® - Cross-Training Shoe||Tazon 6||Tazon 6||Puma||94|
|12||Puma® - Cross-Training and Running Shoes||Cell Surin 2||Cell Riaze||Puma||95|
|13||Inov-8® - Quality Cross Trainer||Bare-XF™ 210||Bare-XF™ 210||Inov-8||94|
Table of Contents
- What is Cross Training?
- Choosing The Right Footwear for Cross Training
- The Many Exercises and Workout of Cross Training
- Features of a Good Cross Training Shoes
- Reviews: The Best Cross Training Shoes
- All Purpose Cross Trainers
- Cross-Training Shoe
- Minimus Cross-Training and Weightlifting Shoe
- Cross-Training Shoe
- Comfortable Cross Training Shoe
- Cushioned Cross Training Shoe
- Cross-Training Shoe
- Cross Trainer
- Cross Training Shoes
- Cushioned Cross Training Shoe
- Cross-Training Shoe
- Cross-Training and Running Shoes
- Quality Cross Trainer
- To Conclude
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Cross Training Shoes