As Expected, Asics released the Asics Gel Cumulus 21 on May 2019.
The Asics Gel Cumulus 21 has the following updates:
- Extending an even better level of comfort and support.
- Incorporating high-end technologies of Asics that will really provide everything that any runner needs.
- Refining the open-mesh upper, Rearfoot, and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning Systems
- Updated FluidRideTM midsole.
Current Version of the Asics Gel Cumulus (21)*
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for Asics Gel Cumulus 21 will be around $120.
- You might think that there are other running shoes that are much cheaper than this Asics shoe, but you should also consider the features of these running shoes, and try to weigh them all.
- For sure, this shoe is one of the best options that you may have.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The arch support of the Asics Gel Cumulus supports the neutral foot arch.
- With the pronation type, it can cater to those who are neutral pronators.
- Knowing your arch and pronation types are very important in finding the right running shoes for you.
- The terrain for Asics Gel Cumulus is terrains such as track.
- It has all the features that you need in order to survive running on these terrains.
- And then, there is also a possibility that you will be able to endure running for a much longer distance.
- This running shoe is perfect for normal training.
- If you want to boost your performance, this will really be a big help.
- Because of the comfort that you feel, the support this shoe provides and all the other features, this can keep you running for high mileage.
- Surely, it will contribute a lot so that you will become a better runner.
- It is very important to make sure that your shoe is durable so that your money will not be wasted.
- As a runner, you have to ensure that you are able to get a pair of running shoes with high durability.
- The Asics Gel-Cumulus has the SoLyte Midsole, which improves the durability and also the cushioning of this shoe.
- It also has a tough material called AHAR+ that provides an excellent grip.
- The good thing about this material is that it does not compromise the durability of this shoe.
Fit and Sizing
- The Asics Gel Cumulus base fit is for those who have a medium-sized heel.
- For those people who have wide feet, you may consider trying other running shoes because no matter how much you like this shoe, you still have to make sure that you are comfortable wearing it.
- Perhaps this is one of the things that need to be upgraded by Asics in the next version of Gel-Cumulus.
- For the sizing of this shoe, you have to get a half-size higher than your actual size so that it will not be too tight.
- Upon ordering, this is one of the things that you should never forget to do.
- The Asics Gel Cumulus weighs approximately 323 grams (11.4 oz) for men and approximately 266 grams (9.4 oz) for women.
- There are other running shoes that are much lighter than this shoe.
- If you are looking for lighter ones, this is not a good option.
- Moreover, it is not also appropriate for speed training.
- If you want to do any speed work, you can have running shoes that weigh around 200-250 grams.
- This weight range will provide the best performance when it comes to speed work.
- The heel height for men and women in the Asics Gel Cumulus is 23 mm.
- The Asics Gel Cumulus’s forefoot height for men and women is 13 mm.
- Aside from the heel, the forefoot also needs protection from the debris on the road.
- In the case of Asics Gel Cumulus, the heel to toe drop for men and women is 10 mm.
- This is actually a bit high, which might result in heel-striking.
- In addition, there are also runners who are not used to wearing shoes with a high heel to toe drop.
Components of the Asics Gel Cumulus
- The outer sole of the Asics Gel Cumulus is made of Abrasion Rubber.
- This is made of carbon rubber material in order to have an exceptional durability.
- This also increases the traction of the shoe, especially in wet conditions.
- Meanwhile, in the forefoot, you can find the DuraSponge outsole made from a blown AHAR compound that provides responsive flexibility and cushioning.
- Because of this feature, there is also great shock absorption as you run, which keeps you protected.
- The midsole of the Asics Gel Cumulus is made from technologies packed.
- Asics Gel-Cumulus that offer outstanding benefits to the runners such as resistance to twisting forces.
- The FluidRide increase durability and reduce weight.
- The upper of the Asics Gel Cumulus is made up of an anti-bacterial material called the ComfortDry.
- The upper portion of the Asics Gel-Cumulus is covered with an open mesh that provides great breathability.
- This material ensures that the foot will stay cool and dry even while running for long hours.
- This adds to the comfort that you will feel as you go on.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Current Version of the Asics Gel Cumulus (21)
- Components of the Asics Gel Cumulus