People these days pay as much attention to buying the right walking shoes as they do to their running shoes and rightly so.
Asics manufactures shoes that provide comfort and style along with exceptional long-lasting durability.
Asics is one of the most well-known sports and leisure brands that you will find today.
The best Asics Walking Shoes for men and women range in footwear that offers various shoes for different feet or activities.
Why You Need a Good Walking Shoe
You definitely do need a good walking shoe, just as you need good running shoes.
Like running, walking also causes an impact on your feet, which can cause issues further down the line. When walking on hard surfaces, the impact is increased.
Depending on your pronation type, you will need walking shoes that help to limit excessive pronation and support your specific arch type.
Other than that, factors such as underfoot protection against protruding objects come into play, which you will need protection against when walking.
Asics have a range of walking shoes and running shoes that may be used as walking shoes that provide comfort and suitable support for your arch type and pronation requirements.
Remember that you can always wear running shoes for walking, but you should never wear walking shoes for running.
Why Choose Asics Shoes for Walking
There are a few characteristics that make Asics shoes excellent options as Walking Shoes;
- Pronation and Arch Type Support – As I have mentioned, Asics have shoe models designed for low, neutral, and high arches, as well as models for Neutral, Over, and Under pronation. Asics cater to every foot shape and type and every walking style, which makes them exceptional.
- Excellent Cushioning and Support – Asics shoes offer some of the best cushioning and support systems not only in their running shoes but in walking shoes turn. FlyetFoam, CMEVA, ABZORB, and EVA Cushioning in the midsole absorb shock and provide either firm or plush cushioning. Their shoes all come with a removable NB insole and different support technologies for persons who may need more stability, or contrary, more flexibility. Gel cushioning is placed in the heel and forefoot or heel alone for additional shock absorbency.
- Sizes – Asics shoes are generally a more narrow fit ideal for persons who have narrow feet. But, luckily, they are also available in wider widths for wider feet, so there is a fit for everyone.
Features of Asics Shoes for Walking
- Uppers – Most Asics shoes have flexible and lightweight knit or mesh upper that breathe well and provide a more snug sock-like fit. However, you do get more relaxed fit leather and synthetic uppers. All their upper are designed with a moisture-wicking lining and ventilation technology for breathability. The heel and collar may be padded or have a heel clip for stability.
- Cushioning – Asics use EVA as their main cushioning element in the midsole. CMEVA, ABZORB, and Fresh Foam cushioning may also be used, offering different firmness levels. Not to mention their Gel cushioning technology placed in the heel and, or forefoot for additional shock absorbency in these areas. Then there is the removable cushioned NB insole in almost all their models.
- Support – For support, Asics shoes may have a DuoMax support system or trusstic system, and some models have a heel clip for better stability for persons who overpronate.
- Fit – You can choose from a regular or wide fit option in the Asics range. Their half sizes are usually wider on fit.
Best Asics Walking Shoes Reviews
Below are some of our best choices in Asics shoes that you can walk with;
Asics Walking Shoes for High Arches
- The new model – the Asics Nimbus, provides excellent shock absorption and GEL-Cushioning thanks to its innovative stabilizing Heel Clutching System.
- Superb Rearfoot and Forefoot arch support for moderate to severe under-pronators.
- They are lightweight and highly durable and are the best long-distance walking shoes.
- This shoe combines FluidFit and FluidRide technologies resulting in a very comfortable shoe that will fit your foot correctly.
Asics Walking & Running Shoes for Flat Feet
- Not only flat feet shoes, but these are the Best Running Shoes for Overpronation.
- It has a unique system called IGS – Impact Guidance System that maintains a neutral step for overpronators.
- The Kayano has a Moisture-control Ortholite X-40 sock liner.
- It is made from reflective overlays making it highly visible in poor light conditions.
- The Asics FluidRide midsole provides enhanced shock absorption – easing the impact of your steps.
- A new heel construction plus the FluidFit® technology for the upper and the heel clutching system technology from Asics makes this shoe amazingly comfortable.
Most Comfortable Asics Walking Shoe
- This pair of shoes is made up of imported synthetic material, and the sole is made up of rubber.
- It comes in traditional design but is full of technologies supported for running.
- The details of the shoes are also stylish with high gloss and reflective details.
- It also consists of FluidRide Bounce Back Cushioning for better absorption of shocks while walking or running.
- It also comes with full-length GEL cushioning that will help you get a better hold of your feet.
- This shoe is also equipped with a high abrasion outsole that best suits people with normal feet arch.
Asics Wide Width Walking Shoes
- The fact of the matter is that not only is it built to last, but it is also extremely comfortable to wear as well.
- Extremely popular with people who are very effusive in praise of the shoes.
- What they particularly like is the combination of sturdiness, comfort, and design.
- Orthoite Moisture Managing Sockliner.
- Breathable mesh uppers.
- Rearfoot Gel Cushioning System to attenuate shock.
Asics Shoes for Work
- The upper is lightweight and breathable with mesh and synthetic materials.
- There is an NB insole and cushioning EVA in the midsole.
- Gel cushioning provides excellent shock absorbency.
- The rubber outsole is designed to offer slip resistance on wet, dry, and slippery outdoor surfaces.
- There are also more colors available to you.
Asics Trail Walking Shoes
- They provide great stability and support, thanks to the DuoMax® support system.
- The combination of Rearfoot and Front foot GEL® cushioning system, ComfortDry, sock-liner, and DuraSponge® AHAR® outsole result in incredible comfort.
- The Impact Guidance System, combined with Guidance Lines in the outsole, enhances gait efficiency from heel strike to toe-off.
Trail Walking and Running Shoe
- Textile and synthetic uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A durable and high traction trail-specific rubber outsole.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system to attenuate shock.
- SPEVA cushioned and shock absorbing midsole.
- DuoMax stability and support system.
- Reverse lug tread that is trail-specific.
- Ideal for a low arch r flat feet.
Trail Walking Shoe
- Soft and flexible fabric and synthetic overlay uppers are some color variations.
- A durable and trail-specific lug rubber outsole.
- Ortholite X40 moisture managing and cushioning sock liner.
- A durable and shock-absorbing midsole.
Walking and Running Shoe
- Fabric and synthetic leather uppers along with an Ortholite cushioned and moisture managing sock liner on the inside.
- There is an AMPLIFOAM midsole that is durable, softer in density, and shock absorbing.
- Rearfoot Gel technology for heel cushioning.
- A flexible sole and durable rubber outsole.
Index Table: Top Asics Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Asics Walking Shoes for High Arches||GEL-Nimbus 24||GEL-Nimbus 24||Asics||96|
|2||Asics® - Asics Walking & Running Shoes for Flat Feet||Gel Kayano 29||Gel Kayano 29||Asics||96|
|3||Asics® - Most Comfortable Asics Walking Shoe||Cumulus 24||Cumulus 24||Asics||97|
|4||Asics® - Asics Wide Width Walking Shoes||Gel Quantum 90||Gel Quantum 90||Asics||94|
|5||Asics® - Asics Shoes for Work||Gel Torrance||Gel Torrance||Asics||95|
|6||Asics® - Asics Trail Walking Shoes||GT 2000 10||GT 2000 10||Asics||96|
|7||Asics® - Trail Walking and Running Shoe||Gel Kahana 8||Gel Kahana 8||Asics||98|
|8||Asics® - Trail Walking Shoe||Gel Venture 8||Gel Venture 8||Asics||96|
|9||Asics® - Walking and Running Shoe||Gel Contend 7||Gel Contend 7||Asics||97|
Table of Contents
- Why You Need a Good Walking Shoe
- Why Choose Asics Shoes for Walking
- Features of Asics Shoes for Walking
- Best Asics Walking Shoes Reviews
- Asics Walking Shoes for High Arches
- Asics Walking & Running Shoes for Flat Feet
- Most Comfortable Asics Walking Shoe
- Asics Wide Width Walking Shoes
- Asics Shoes for Work
- Asics Trail Walking Shoes
- Trail Walking and Running Shoe
- Trail Walking Shoe
- Walking and Running Shoe
- Index Table: Top Asics Walking Shoes