The expected release date for the Asics Gel Contend 7 is March 2021.
The Asics Gel-Contend 7 will have the following updates:
- Built for the starting runner, the Asics Gel Contend merges the benefits of adequate support and extra cushioning in a sporty-chic platform.
- This shoe is lightweight and basic for the entry-level runner to use.
- The Asics Gel Contend is still an excellent choice for low mileage runs and cross-training activities.
- Expect not many changes in the newest version, apart from the loss of the Width Specific construction.
- Some of the technologies and features retained in the Asics Gel Contend are the Rearfoot Gel cushioning unit, removable contoured insoles, molded EVA midsole, breathable mesh coverage, reflectivity elements, and the flex grooves.
The Asics Gel Contend 6 release date was in March 2020.
Latest Version of the Asics Gel Contend*
Asics Gel Contend
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for Asics Gel-Contend 7 will be around $65.
- However, pricing can change over time.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The arch support of the Asics Gel Contend 7 is cushioned.
- However, it has removable contoured insoles that can be replaced with arch insoles to suit your pronation needs.
- The terrain for Asics Gel Contend is tamed treading and basic outsole features.
- It can handle the road and gravel pretty well, but its performance on wet surfaces is a bit disappointing.
- Since the Asics Gel Contend has a basic technical construction, it is versatile for general fitness activities.
- Aside from road running, owners can use it for gym workouts, cross-training, sports, traveling, and even casual wear.
- The Asics Gel Contend is adequate for low mileage running.
- However, it is best to replace the shoe upon the first signs of tear, as running in a damaged shoe can lead to health risks.
Fit and Sizing
- The Asics Gel-Contend 7 base fit is for a medium-sized heel, forefoot, and midfoot feet.
- According to the sizing of the Asics Gel Contend, it features a standard running shoe length.
- As for the toe box, runners can enjoy natural splaying because of its medium height.
- The Asics Gel Contend weighs approximately 298 grams for men and approximately 228 grams for women, respectively.
- These are considerably heavier than some neutral shoes, but the added weight might be caused by the extra cushioning in the midsole.
- The heel height for men and women in the Asics Gel Contend is 24.35 mm and 22 mm, respectively.
- The Asics Gel Contend’s forefoot height for men and women is 14.85 mm and 12 mm, respectively.
- In the case of Asics Gel Contend, the heel to toe drop for men and women is 9.5 mm and 10 mm.
Components of the Asics Gel Contend 7
- The outer sole of the Asics Gel Contend is made of textured rubber.
- The outsole of the Asics Gel Contend is pretty tamed, considering that it is made for low mileage runs on the road, track and gravel.
- Its flex grooves also improve sole flexibility and facilitate a smoother ride.
- The midsole of the Asics Gel Contend is made from the Rearfoot Gel cushioning unit.
- Since the Asics Gel Contend is a neutral type, its midsole cushioning is just limited to providing comfort without hindering the foot’s flexing.
- It features a molded EVA (Ethylene-vinyl Acetate).
- The upper of the Asics Gel Contend is made up of basic technologies.
- It has a breathable mesh coverage, lace-up closure, padded tongue and collar, removable contoured insole, and reflective elements.
Asics Gel Contend 7
Table of Contents
- Latest Version of the Asics Gel Contend
- Components of the Asics Gel Contend 7