Asics have released the Asics GT 2000 7 on January 2019.
The Asics GT 2000 7 will have the following updates:
- The newest edition of the GT 2000, will be improved a lot in order to provide greater stability and cushioning that runners need during running.
- Aside from adding new features, Asics will retain the great features of the previous version that were already proven to be effective.
- Better Durability to improve your performance and allow you to run longer distances than the usual.
The expected released date for the Asics GT 2000 8 is March 2020.
Latest Version of the Asics GT 2000*
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for Asics GT 2000 7 will be around $120.
- This running shoe actually has a reasonable price as compared to other running shoes that have more or less the same features and technologies.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The arch support of the Asics GT 2000 is for moderate overpronators.
- Moderate overpronation means that the outer part of the heel strikes the ground and then followed by the foot slightly rolling inward in order to absorb the shock, which helps a lot in supporting the body.
- There are actually different needs for every person that is why it is very important that you know your specific needs first, such as the arch and pronation types, before deciding which shoe to pick.
- The terrain for Asics GT 2000 is used in terrains such as track, road, and gravel.
- For sure, you will be able to complete your run in these following terrains because of the shoe’s various features.
- A carbon rubber material is present in the outer sole of the shoe in order to provide durability to it, especially on wet surfaces.
- But you should bear in mind that this shoe may not be suitable for trail running because trails need stronger features in order for you to survive.
- It would be dangerous for you if you will give it a try.
- During normal training, the Asics GT 2000 is really good to use.
- As a matter of fact, it will help you improve your performance to become a better runner.
- This shoe is not that lightweight that is why it cannot be used to do speed work.
- If you want to improve your speed work, you may opt for much lighter running shoes.
- The Asics GT 2000 7 is High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR).
- When it comes to the durability of the Asics GT 2000, it is not that durable, but it also does not break down that easily.
- Actually, this stability running shoe has features that increase the durability of this shoe.
- Other than that, there are also other features that are well distributed in the different parts of the shoe.
Fit and Sizing
- The Asics GT 2000 7 base fit is for those who have a medium-sized heel, mid-foot, and forefoot feet.
- This just means that there is enough space inside the shoe that can accommodate medium-sized feet.
- But it is more advantageous to have a wider forefoot because this offers better comfort, and you will also be able to move your feet around.
- On the other hand, the sizing is normal, just like most of the running shoes today. The lighter shoes tend to have smaller sizes.
- The Asics GT 2000 weighs approximately 312 grams for men and approximately 261 grams for women.
- This is not really heavy, Actually, its weight is considered light compared to other stability running shoes out there.
- The heel height for men and women in the Asics GT 2000 is 33.7 mm and 32.2 mm.
- This is really enough to protect your heel against the debris such as rocks or stones on the road.
- The forefoot height of the Asics GT 2000 men’s version measures 24.6 mm, while that of the women’s version measures 24.1 mm.
- It is also important to give protection to the forefoot during running just like the heel.
- The Asics GT 2000’s forefoot height for men and women is 12 mm.
- In the case of Asics GT 2000, the heel to toe drop for men and women is 9.1 mm and 8.1 mm.
- This is relatively higher compared to the drops of other running shoes.
Components of the Asics GT 2000 7
- The outer sole of the Asics GT 2000 is made of High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) that is found in the heel.
- This carbon rubber material is used in providing exceptional durability of the shoe because it is really needed while running.
- If there is enough durability, you will not have to worry about your shoes collapsing anytime, which could even stop the momentum of your running.
- Aside from the AHAR, the outer sole also has the DuraSponge, which is placed specifically in the forefoot to provide flexibility, as well as cushioning.
- This feature is made from an AHAR compound.
- This is very helpful in providing effective shock absorption during impact.
- The midsole of the Asics GT 2000 is made from Solyte, an ultra-light midsole, which is very effective in providing cushioning that is not only responsive but durable as well.
- Having a responsive cushioning just implies that you can definitely rely on it, especially during impact landing.
- It is very effective in absorbing the shock; thus, your feet will be fully protected.
- Also, it has to be durable, so that the shock absorption will last long.
- With the presence of the FluidRide, it also provides responsive cushioning, and this is also responsible for increasing the durability of the shoe and in reducing its weight.
- This shoe is specifically for people who overpronate. The good thing about the Asics GT 2000 is that it has the Dynamic DuoMax that helps reduce overpronation.
- This can be done by controlling the foot movement.
- Through this, you will be able to experience a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
- Moreover, the Impact Guidance System design also offers not just a smooth heel-to-toe transition, but also a balanced one.
- For additional torsional rigidity, which is the shoe’s resistance to twisting forces, the presence of the Guidance Trusstic System helps a lot.
- And lastly, there is the Guidance Line that starts from the heel to the forefoot.
- This vertical flex groove is important for the improvement of gait efficiency.
- The upper of the Asics GT 2000 is made up of comprises of an open mesh.
- This keeps the feet cool and dry for the whole duration of the run.
- This adds to the comfort that you can feel from this shoe.
- There is also the Reinforced Vamp that increases the durability of the shoe by adding a seamless mesh overlay.
- Likewise, there are the Discrete Eyelets that help in getting rid of lace tension, as well as improving the comfort that this shoe offers.
- The upper of this running shoe also has an anti-bacterial material called the ComforDry Sockliner, which reduces the moisture and odor that build up inside the shoe, and also adds cushioning.
- To provide a customized fit, this stability shoe also uses a Personal Heel Fit, which makes use of two-layer memory foam lining.
- Of course, it also has the Strobel Last with the upper attached to the SpEVA 55 Foam.
- This is for improved cushioning, as well as an averagely soft underfoot feel.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents