The Asics GT 2000 9 will have the following updates:
- The newest edition of the GT 2000 9, will be improved a lot in order to provide greater stability and cushioning that runners need during running.
- Aside from adding new features, Asics will retain the great features of the previous version that were already proven to be effective.
- Better Durability to improve your performance and allow you to run longer distances than usual.
Latest Version of the Asics GT 2000*
Asics GT 2000
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for Asics GT 2000 9 will be around $120.
- This running shoe actually has a reasonable price as compared to other running shoes that have more or less the same features and technologies.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The arch support of the Asics GT 2000 is for moderate overpronators.
- Moderate overpronation means that the outer part of the heel strikes the ground and then followed by the foot slightly rolling inward in order to absorb the shock, which helps a lot in supporting the body.
- There are different needs for every person; that is why it is very important that you know your specific needs first, such as the arch and pronation types, before deciding which shoe to pick.
- The terrain for Asics GT 2000 is used in terrains such as track, road, and gravel.
- For sure, you will be able to complete your run in these following terrains because of the shoe’s various features.
- A carbon rubber material is present in the outer sole of the shoe in order to provide durability to it, especially on wet surfaces.
- But you should bear in mind that this shoe may not be suitable for trail running because trails need stronger features in order for you to survive.
- It would be dangerous for you if you will give it a try.
- During normal training, the Asics GT 2000 is really good to use.
- As a matter of fact, it will help you improve your performance to become a better runner.
- This shoe is not that lightweight; that is why it cannot be used to do speed work.
- If you want to improve your speed work, you may opt for much lighter running shoes.
- The Asics GT 2000 9 is High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR).
- When it comes to the durability of the Asics GT 2000, it is not that durable, but it also does not break down that easily.
- Actually, this stability running shoe has features that increase the durability of this shoe.
- Other than that, there are also other features that are well distributed in the different parts of the shoe.
Fit and Sizing
- The Asics GT 2000 base fit is for those who have a medium-sized heel, mid-foot, and forefoot feet.
- This just means that there is enough space inside the shoe that can accommodate medium-sized feet.
- But it is more advantageous to have a wider forefoot because this offers better comfort, and you will also be able to move your feet around.
- On the other hand, the sizing is normal, just like most of the running shoes today. The lighter shoes tend to have smaller sizes.
- The Asics GT 2000 weighs approximately 312 grams for men and approximately 261 grams for women.
- This is not really heavy; actually, its weight is considered light compared to other stability running shoes out there.
- The heel height for men and women in the Asics GT 2000 is 33.7 mm and 32.2 mm.
- This is really enough to protect your heel against the debris, such as rocks or stones on the road.
- The forefoot height of the Asics GT 2000 men’s version measures 24.6 mm, while that of the women’s version measures 24.1 mm.
- It is also important to give protection to the forefoot during running, just like the heel.
- The Asics GT 2000’s forefoot height for men and women is 12 mm.
- In the case of Asics GT 2000, the heel to toe drop for men and women is 9.1 mm and 8.1 mm.
- This is relatively higher compared to the drops of other running shoes.
Components of the Asics GT 2000 9
- The outer sole of the Asics GT 2000 is made of High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) that is found in the heel.
- This carbon rubber material is used in providing exceptional durability of the shoe because it is really needed while running.
- If there is enough durability, you will not have to worry about your shoes collapsing anytime, which could even stop the momentum of your running.
- Aside from the AHAR, the outer sole also has the DuraSponge, which is placed specifically in the forefoot to provide flexibility, as well as cushioning.
- This feature is made from an AHAR compound.
- This is very helpful in providing effective shock absorption during impact.
- The midsole of the Asics GT 2000 is made from Solyte, an ultra-light midsole, which is very effective in providing cushioning that is not only responsive but durable as well.
- Having a responsive cushioning just implies that you can definitely rely on it, especially during impact landing.
- It is very effective in absorbing the shock; thus, your feet will be fully protected.
- Also, it has to be durable, so that the shock absorption will last long.
- With the presence of the FluidRide, it also provides responsive cushioning, and this is also responsible for increasing the durability of the shoe and in reducing its weight.
- This shoe is specifically for people who overpronate. The good thing about the Asics GT 2000 is that it has the Dynamic DuoMax that helps reduce overpronation.
- This can be done by controlling the foot movement.
- Through this, you will be able to experience a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
- Moreover, the Impact Guidance System design also offers not just a smooth heel-to-toe transition, but also a balanced one.
- For additional torsional rigidity, which is the shoe’s resistance to twisting forces, the presence of the Guidance Trusstic System helps a lot.
- And lastly, there is the Guidance Line that starts from the heel to the forefoot.
- This vertical flex groove is important for the improvement of gait efficiency.
- The upper of the Asics GT 2000 is made up of comprises of an open mesh.
- This keeps the feet cool and dry for the whole duration of the run.
- This adds to the comfort that you can feel from this shoe.
- There is also the Reinforced Vamp that increases the durability of the shoe by adding a seamless mesh overlay.
- Likewise, there are the Discrete Eyelets that help in getting rid of lace tension, as well as improving the comfort that this shoe offers.
- The upper of this running shoe also has an anti-bacterial material called the ComforDry Sockliner, which reduces the moisture and odor that build up inside the shoe, and also adds cushioning.
- To provide a customized fit, this stability shoe also uses a Personal Heel Fit, which makes use of two-layer memory foam lining.
- Of course, it also has the Strobel Last with the upper attached to the SpEVA 55 Foam.
- This is for improved cushioning, as well as an averagely soft underfoot feel.
Asics GT 2000
Table of Contents
- Latest Version of the Asics GT 2000
- Components of the Asics GT 2000 9