The expected release date for the ASICS Gel Kayano 28 is May 2021.
- The Asics Kayano 28 will have even brighter colors and patterns, an insider tells us.
- A refresh is also coming to the midsole with better & complex shock-absorbing materials.
- A price drop is expected as many consumers complain about it, and sales were down in 2018.
- Many fans had been hoping that Asics will fix the problem with the insoles at the forefoot.
Asics release the previous model, the Asics Gel Kayano 27 in May 2020.
The Latest Model of Asics Gel Kayano*
Asics Gel Kayano
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for Asics Gel Kayano 28 will be around $160.
- For such a pricey pair of shoes, you are also ensured of its high quality.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- The arch support of the Asics Gel Kayano 28 is stability.
- If you have a flat arch, then a stability shoe like the Kayano is what you need.
- These shoes have dual-density midsoles which enable firm support for your feet.
- Moreover, the pronation control of the Asics Gel Kayano is for those who have overpronation.
- If you have a flat arch, you will most likely have overpronation.
- A stability shoe like Asics Gel Kayano will fight this problem.
- The terrain for Asics Gel Kayano is one that is normal and generally has even surfaces.
- The Kayano has a flat sole profile, which minimizes the shoe’s agility on difficult and uneven terrains.
- Thus, they are better worn on the track, gravel, and road terrains.
- You generally encounter these types of terrains during urban city marathons.
- If you are one to join these types of marathons, then Asics Gel Kayano will be the shoes for you.
- You can make use of the Asics Gel Kayano for normal training, such as running on basic trails or marathons.
- The Gel Kayano is also one of Asics’ midweight shoes.
- By becoming one, it is a good partner for your distance running and racing.
- The firmness of the Asics Gel Kayano prevents you from feeling the surface under your feet, but you will still have stability and good contact once you hit the ground at different angles.
- The Asics Gel Kayano is a durable shoe.
- It is made with high-quality mesh materials.
- Specifically, the rear foot of the shoe is made of hardened carbon rubber, which is known for its durability.
- Moreover, the Gel Kayano is generally considered to be a shoe made for miles.
Fit and Sizing
- The Asics Gel Kayano base fit is for those who have normal feet.
- The tongue of the Gel Kayano is relatively larger, which allows for easy entry of your feet, whether it is narrow or wide.
- Since the Asics Gel Kayano is also made for those with a flat arch, this means that the shoe’s fit will also accommodate those who are relatively large runners.
- On the other hand, a shoe’s size refers to your foot’s length from the heel to the toes.
- The Asics Gel Kayano’s foot sizing is normal.
- Thus, it means that the shoe sizes available for runners range from 4 to 19 for U.S. men and 5 to 15 for U.S. women.
- The Asics Gel Kayano is considered a midweight, premier stability shoe.
- The Asics Gel Kayano weighs approximately 309 grams (10.8 oz) for men and approximately 252 grams (8.8 oz) for women.
- The heel height for men and women in the Asics Gel Kayano is 28 mm.
- This heel height is quite the average for most running shoes but is relatively higher as compared to one of those minimalist running shoes.
- This heel height prevents you from feeling the surface underneath your feet during a run. However, you are still provided with enough stability once you hit the ground at different angles.
- The Asics Gel Kayano’s forefoot height for men and women is 18 mm.
- Both measurements are relatively the average forefoot height of midweight, stability shoes like Asics Gel Kayano.
- You will have enough room for flexibility while out on the run.
- In the case of Asics Gel Kayano, the heel to toe drop for men and women is 10 mm.
Components of the Asics Gel Kayano
- The outer sole of the Asics Gel Kayano is made of textured lugs.
- The forefoot is made of blown rubber that combines grip and padding.
- The rearfoot is also made of carbon rubber that is hardened and is located somewhere in the median.
- Both the forefoot and rearfoot have the gel units strategically placed in them.
- This Asics Gel system enables optimal shock absorption during landing and taking off.
- The Asics High Abrasion Resistance (AHAR) rubber found on the heavy contact areas of the outsole helps reduce excessive wear of the shoes.
- A DuraSponge is also found in the outsole. This is a blown AHAR rubber that possesses high abrasion-resistant qualities; thus, adding to the durability, cushioning, and comfortability of the Gel Kayano during a run.
- The midsole of the Asics Gel Kayano is made up of tri-density foam as well as of heel and forefoot Asics Gel Pads.
- The triple-density midsole help enhance your guidance while running as well as that of cut back motion.
- The Trusstic is found under the midsole area, providing stability.
- It also helps control the torsion in your foot while running.
- A DuoTruss is also found in the midsole area to improve arch support and torsional stability.
- It is a dual-density system that is firmer on the medial side and softer on the lateral side.
- The upper of the Asics Gel Kayano is made up of a special foam heel construction called the PHF or Personal Heel Fit.
- This enables a more fitted feel around your heel in order to minimize the possibility of slippage and irritation.
- Moreover, the lacing of the Gel Kayano is also asymmetrical.
- It follows a curve on top of the foot in order to guarantee a perfect fit and reduced friction.
- The eyelet lacing system is discrete, which disburses lace tension and enhances comfort and fit.
- Moreover, it has a waterproof and breathable upper that protects your feet during extreme weather conditions.
Asics Gel Kayano
Table of Contents
- The Latest Model of Asics Gel Kayano
- Components of the Asics Gel Kayano