These days, knee injuries have become quite prevalent. If you have a knee condition, then you came to the right place. We review here the best walking shoes for bad knees, to choose from.
Summary Table of Shoes for Bad Knees
|Men ♂||Women ♀||Brand||Features||Rating|
|1||Dr. Comfort Shoe for Knee Pain||Dr. Comfort||-X Sole Relief Technology||94|
|2||Asics Neo 4 – Best Shoes for Bad Knees and Plantar Fasciitis||Asics||-Gel Cushioning||93|
|3||New Balance 813 – Recommended for Osteoarthritis||New Balance||-Walking Strike Path Technology||92|
|4||Skechers Go Walk 3 – Slip-On Shoes for Bad Knees||Skechers||-Memory-foam|
-Cushioned heel and vamp
|5||Gravity Defyer Super Walk Athletic Knee Pain Sneakers||Gravity Defyer||-VS2 VersoShock Sole|
|6||Skechers Shape-Ups XT Bad Knees Fitness Shoe||Skechers||-Memory foam insole|
|7||Merrell Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe for Bad Knees||Merrell||-Air Cushion midsole||92|
|8||Clarks – Dress Shoes for Sore Knees||Clarks||-Cushioning EVA midsole||91|
|9||ASICS GEL-Nimbus – Shoes for High Arches and Bad Knees||ASICS||-GEL Cushioning Systems|
|10||ASICS GEL-Game® 5 – Best Tennis Shoes for Bad Knees||ASICS||-GEL Cushioning Systems|
With some specific exercises, you can get relief from your bad knees condition.
Walking without the right gear or over doing some exercises, can strain your knees, making the situation even worse for you.
You need to be careful and use those particular shoes while you are doing any activities.
Health Issues Related to Knees
Risks Related To Bad Knees
There are many factors related to bad knees, it can be anything like:
- Torn Ligament.
- Muscle Imbalance.
- Meniscal Injuries.
- Tendon Injuries.
- Many other medical conditions.
What to Look for in Shoes for Knee Pain
In any of these cases, if you do not wear the right shoes or walk too much it can make the bad knees worse.
If the situation gets worse, you will face a lot of problems while walking or standing.
For these, you will need special kind of shoes which will help you to walk without straining your knees.
If you have any knee problem, then you can surely use one of the walking shoes mainly meant for bad knee patients. If you want your knee pain condition to heal, then you should not stand or walk with any support that can strain your knees.
With the advance in shoe’s technology – many shoes today can resist all forms of shocks.
These shoes provide a pleasant walk through the roads and even when you are standing.
Top Shoes for Bad Knees Reviews:
Here are the best shoes for bad knees you should get for in case you have knee problems:
1. Dr. Comfort Shoe for Knee Pain
- This classic craftsmanship and sophisticated style are the finest quality in a comfort shoe.
- Designed as a therapeutic shoe, provide many protective and comfort features.
- This shoe has X-Sole Relief Technology and Flex-OA Comfort Footwear Collection takes a new approach to relieving pain and delivering true comfort.
- Patented biomechanical features work to change the loads naturally across the knee helping relieve pain and slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Characterized by degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within a joint, osteoarthritis is more common in the knees.
- Developed in association with Rheumatology experts at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL, Flex-OA footwear is clinically proven to reduce the load on the knees by 20% on average.
- Specially designed Flexure Zones in the outsole of Flex-OA shoes are strategically placed to allow normal motion to occur.
- The X-Sole allows natural movement, barefoot-like movement, graceful movement, and natural flexibility movement typically lost with modern footwear.
- The effect is a measured and proven reduction in load on the knees, a major cause of OA-related knee pain.
- This shoe comes in Sizes: 8-14 and Widths of: MW/D-E, XW/2E-3E
2. Asics Neo 4 – Best Shoes for Bad Knees and Plantar Fasciitis
- Asics Gel Tech Walker Neo-4 is probably of the best walking shoes for bad knees.
- It provides utmost comfort to your knees, and it will not give any strain to your knees.
- In a recent consumer report, this shoe was selected #1 as the most comfortable walking shoes.
- Their shock-resistant technology will help you to walk or stand to wear these shoes.
- The sole is also soft and made of rubber. The insole is removable which means you can customize it according to your needs.
3. New Balance 813 – Recommended for Osteoarthritis
- This shoe is highly recommended for the ones who suffer from knee pain.
- These shoes have a built-in rollbar which is great for Patellar Tendinitis.
- It is made up of pure leather and the sole is made of rubber.
- This also offers motion-control technology, which is highly comfortable with supportive cushioning.
- This will provide ultimate relief to any of your knee pains. Even with the help of this you can walk a lot without straining your knees at all.
4. Skechers Go Walk 3 – Slip-On Shoes for Bad Knees
- Skechers are quite popular because of their flexibility and comfort.
- It provides a natural stride when you will walk wearing this.
- It is highly popular and beneficial, especially for those who have knee pain.
- The sole is made up of rubber and has 3 layer protections against any kinds of weather.
- It is extremely light in weight, which is a great thing for the people having bad knee problems.
- It is also equipped with a full length goga mat with energy insole.
5. Gravity Defyer Super Walk Athletic Knee Pain Sneakers
- This is one of the best walking shoes for bad knees which is made up of synthetic and mesh.
- Even the sole is totally man made which is a great thing.
- The shoes are made up of Web-last technology that has made it easier for the people with knee pain.
- It helps to protect your body when you are walking or standing.
- It helps to reduce the strain on your knees.
- This is something very much essential for the people having bad knees.
- The insoles are removable and you can insert custom orthotics instead.
6. Skechers Shape-Ups XT Bad Knees Fitness Shoe
- These shoes look weird and bulky, but have unbelievable comfort feel.
- Built with quality in mind while paying extra attention on its midsole alleviate knee pain.
- Heavy people have a greater chance of suffering from knee pain; This shoe can carry even the heaviest people standing on their feet all day long by utilizing a grippy rubber sole that delivers an excellent traction via the OSHA compliant slip resistant outsole.
- It comes with variable width sizes that offer extra room for your toes.
- This shoe have a soft “Kinetic Wedge” that goes from the heel to the front of the shoe, and provide better weight impact distribution on your knees.
- It is very comfortable from first wear (out of the box) and still have a ridged stable feeling.
7. Merrell Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe for Bad Knees
- This is another great choice for those who from bad knees.
- With the help of shock absorbing air cushion heel you can get a strain free walk.
- Walking with these shoes will not affect your knees at all.
- The sticky Vibram outsole will give an extra cushioning benefit.
- Even M-select Fresh helps to prevent formation of odor.
- M-select DRY technology helps to prevent moisture formation.
8. Clarks – Dress Shoes for Sore Knees
- These shoes are more stylish and fashionable in look.
- Perfect to wear to the office, on a date, or to a semi-casual event.
- You can choose from a wide range of sizes as well as widths.
- This shoe is very comfortable, to wear for work, along with a professional look.
- The material used in making this pair is high quality leather.
- The sole is made of rubber and is quite thick in nature, thereby fulfilling your official needs.
- It inherits cushion inside which gives you a better posture while standing.
9. ASICS GEL-Nimbus – Shoes for High Arches and Bad Knees
- This shoe uses GEL-Cushioning technology to absorb the foot stride’s impact shock.
- Better High-Arch support thanks to Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL-Cushioning system. makes it one of the top shoes for high arches.
- Perfect Fit acheived with the combination of multi-directional stretch mesh, stretch reinforcements and FluidFit technology.
- these are hands down the most comfortable shoes in their category.
- This shoe has a Heel Clutching System to stabilize the heel and to provide excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
10. ASICS GEL-Game® 5 – Best Tennis Shoes for Bad Knees
- Build for the Tennis game, this shoe will improves your stability and comfort during the game.
- This tennis court sneaker has a flexible, synthetic leather and textile upper for better breathability.
- With a PGuard toe protector and padded tongue and collar to help cushion your strides and ease the pain from your knees.
- Underfoot support comes from forefoot GEL cushioning.
- These shoes are light, comfortable, and long-lasting tennis shoes.
- In the Tennis court you can expect to experienced a better overall footwork, faster court speed, and less knee pain, simply by wearing these shoes.
Please Rate This Article:
Table of Contents
- Summary Table of Shoes for Bad Knees
- Health Issues Related to Knees
- Top Shoes for Bad Knees Reviews:
- 1. Dr. Comfort Shoe for Knee Pain
- 2. Asics Neo 4 – Best Shoes for Bad Knees and Plantar Fasciitis
- 3. New Balance 813 – Recommended for Osteoarthritis
- 4. Skechers Go Walk 3 – Slip-On Shoes for Bad Knees
- 5. Gravity Defyer Super Walk Athletic Knee Pain Sneakers
- 6. Skechers Shape-Ups XT Bad Knees Fitness Shoe
- 7. Merrell Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe for Bad Knees
- 8. Clarks – Dress Shoes for Sore Knees
- 9. ASICS GEL-Nimbus – Shoes for High Arches and Bad Knees
- 10. ASICS GEL-Game® 5 – Best Tennis Shoes for Bad Knees
- Kunto Fitness Unisex Knee Brace Sleeve Compression Support Sleeve for Sports, Arthritis, Joint Pain, Injury Recovery