Why is it that we love The New Balance Walking Shoes?
New Balance offers a range of walking and running shoes with amazing attributes and excellent style, comfort, and durability qualities.
New Balance is a well-known and trusted sports brand popular amongst many athletes and other individuals for casual wear.
Using a Running Shoe as a Walking Shoe
Most running shoes are acceptable to be used as a walking shoe, with the difference that a walking shoe needs less cushioning and flexibility and should have a heel-to-toe drop no more than 8 millimeters. For general walking and casual wear, a typical walking shoe that is lightly cushioned with less flexibility and little heel-to-toe drop is required.
There are two differences between running and walking shoes in general;
- Running Shoes – Running shoes are available in Stability control and Motion Control options; these shoes have features that control movement and prevent over or under pronation. Generally, running shoes are very lightweight and have additional cushioning for impact resistance. They also feature a more snug and comfortable fit.
- Walking Shoes – General walking shoes offer stability and are more rigid, whereas, for fitness walking, it is better to opt for a more flexible training shoe. Running shoes are less cushioned and have fewer features for support and stability than most running shoes. They have heavier and denser cushioning and a less durable outsole.
Characteristics of New Balance Walking and Running Shoes
The New Balance Walking and Running shoe range features some fantastic characteristics for comfort, support, and durability;
- Ranges – Regular and orthopaedic ranges available for foot conditions such as neuropathy and Diabetes. New Balance Shoes are available in various sizes and width sizes, such as narrow, medium wide, and extra-wide.
- Midsole – The popular ACTEVA Lite midsole provides enough cushioning to absorb shock and ensure a comfortable walk. Some models have an injection-molded EVA midsole for added shock absorbency and comfort.
- Lightweight – New Balance shoes are lightweight and breathable.
- Trail Shoes – The New balance Trail walker has a protective outsole that also offers a good grip on slippery surfaces as well as waterproof construction.
- Stability features – Rollbar and Motion control technology in some of the models aid in preventing excessive pronation.
- Flexibility – Flex grooves for improved flexibility.
- Outsole – The durable rubber outsole ensures comfort and long-lasting traction.
Reviews: New Balance Walking Shoes
Here are some of the top-rated models of New Balance Walking and Running Shoes suitable for Walking;
Wide Walking Shoes
- The New Balance MW928 is designed to provide day-long comfort, and it is a designated A5500 diabetic shoe.
- The outsole is made of rubber and the upper with leather.
- Available in an extensive range of sizes and widths.
- These shoes have garnered extensive rave reviews from users who find these comfortable and fashionable among the New Balance walking shoes for men & women.
Outdoor Walking Shoe
- The New Balance 10v4 weighs only 215 grams or 0.47 pound (7.5 oz)
- In keeping with their objective of providing comfort, the New Balance 10V4 walking shoes have an ACTEVA LITE midsole for premium comfort.
- Featuring interlocking Sure-Laces and an ACTEVA LITE midsole for extra comfort on long-mileage walks.
- Like many New Balance shoes, you can pick a wide-width shoe if you have a wide foot.
Trail Walking Shoes
- Durable leather uppers with a waterproof membrane.
- Rollbar technology to prevent overpronation and ensure stability.
- The compression-molded EVA midsole delivers exceptional cushioned support and comfort.
- A durable, anti-slip, and protective outsole that will prevent punctures.
Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Comfortable and flexible synthetic uppers.
- The ABZORB shock-absorbing cushioned midsole will reduce stress on feet and lower limbs and provide essential support.
- A lightweight cushioned midsole ensures all-day comfort and support.
- The durable lugged rubber outsole will keep you well-grounded.
Lace Up Walking Shoe
- Durable leather and textile uppers for a stylish and comfortable fit.
- Rollbar technology to control pronation and provide more stability in an everyday casual walking shoe.
- The cushioned foam midsole ensures luxurious comfort and support.
- A durable rubber outsole for exceptional grip.
Lightweight Walking Shoe
- This shoe is manufactured from breathable and lightweight cotton and elastane with a Lightning Dry moisture-wicking lining to reduce foot fatigue and keep your feet dry and fresh.
- The ABZORB cushioning and Ortholite foam insert provide lightweight support and comfort.
- A Rollbar stability system ensures that you do not pronate excessively.
- A durable rubber outsole with Ndurance rubber compounds on all the high-wear areas of the outsole.
Medically Approved Walking shoe
- This shoe is a Medicare-approved shoe for Diabetics.
- You can choose from leather or suede material options.
- This shoe will provide you with proper midfoot support thanks to its internal shank and injection-molded EVA midsole.
- Both the collar and the tongue are padded.
- Dual-density padding for the collar so you can properly secure your feet while you walk.
- Incorporating flex grooves in the synthetic outsole makes the New Balance 608 a flexible and stable walking shoe.
New Balance offers a Walking shoe model for every terrain, walking style, and foot type. You cannot go wrong with any one of the selected walking shoes offered by New Balance. New Balance is a leading expert in sports and performance wear, and their walking shoes are of the best quality with the finest features and characteristics.
Comparison Table: New Balance Shoes for Walking
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Wide Walking Shoes||MW928v3||WW928v3||New Balance||97.6|
|2||New Balance® - Outdoor Walking Shoe||MT10V4||WT10V4||New Balance||95|
|3||New Balance® - Trail Walking Shoes||MW1400V1||WW1400V1||New Balance||96|
|4||New Balance® - Comfortable Walking Shoes||MW769V1||WW608V5||New Balance||94|
|5||New Balance® - Lace Up Walking Shoe||MW813||WW813||New Balance||96|
|6||New Balance® - Lightweight Walking Shoe||MW847V4||WW847V4||New Balance||96|
|7||New Balance® - Medically Approved Walking shoe||623V3||623V3||New Balance||95|
Table of Contents
- Using a Running Shoe as a Walking Shoe
- Characteristics of New Balance Walking and Running Shoes
- Reviews: New Balance Walking Shoes
- Comparison Table: New Balance Shoes for Walking