There are many types of dress shoes available on the market, but the best dress shoes, are the ones you are walking with, especially if your work involves standing or walking for long hours.
Finding the perfect pair of dress shoes that fit well, look good and provide comfort and support can be quite a daunting task, but we have narrowed down the search for you and reviewed some of the best available dress shoes that can do plenty of walking.
Dress Shoes and Your Feet
We have to bear in mind that our legs are one of the most roughly used extremities of the body. Our feet, in particular, go through a lot of stress, and they have to bear the entire pressure of our body for long periods of time. Hence, it is important to bear in mind that our feet need regular care and upkeep. When we talk about caring for our feet, wearing the right shoes is of paramount importance.
Places You Use Dress Shoes
When we speak of dress shoes, we are referring to footwear that can be used both for casual and formal purposes. They are very commonly used in parties, official functions, conferences, and other such formal purposes.
When we talk about such shoes for men, they usually come in black and brown colors.
They are mostly made from high-quality leather and are therefore long-lasting and durable.
As far as men’s dress shoes are concerned, they are often characterized by the laces which have to be fastened.
On the whole, there these shoes are extremely versatile and can fit in for various uses.
Anatomy of a Quality Dress Shoe
At the end of the day, there is no denying the fact that when one talks about best dress shoes for walking there are quite a few things which must be taken into account.
First and foremost it must be comfortable and not very heavy.
Wrong dress shoes can cause a lot of problems and could lead to postural defects and wrong style of walking.
It could also damage the spinal cord and could lead to knee injuries.
The shoes should not be too tight or too loose.
Characteristics of The Dress Shoe in General
Dress shoes are usually worn at smart casual or more formal events and are the typical contrast to an athletic or casual shoe.
Many men wear dress shoes as their standard daily shoes, although dress shoes are mainly used for dances, parties, formal events and work in professional environments.
Men’s dress shoes are commonly seen in two colors, black and brown although other colors like tan, burgundy, cordovan, and oxblood have become more popular as well.
The color of the dress shoe also depends on the Nationality; different countries have different color variations in dress shoes.
A dress shoe is almost always made of leather with a rubber outsole, but there are non-leather dress shoes available with synthetic soles.
The Best Walking Dress Shoes Reviews
Over the next few lines, we will have a look at the top dress shoes for walking explaining the various features that make these shoes comfortable for walking;
- All leather shoe with a sole that is handmade.
- It comes with an anti-fungal lining and is also well known for its moisture absorbent properties.
- The insole is removable and made from leather.
- It is perfectly suitable for those looking for a shoe that goes with formal and casual wears.
- Most customers rate this shoe high on comfort and style.
- End users are all praise for this shoe and vouch for its comfort and good looks.
- You will be quite happy about its light weight and ruggedness coming in as one big offering.
- Made from high-quality leather.
- It is a human-made shoe, and hence perfection and comfort are ensured.
- It is a shoe which mixes tradition with fashion and, therefore, is both contemporary and classic at the same time.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.5 which is very enviable, to say the least.
- Further, it has around 615 reviews, and more than 80% of the customers have given it a 4-star rating and above.
- In fact, 62% have given it a 5-star rating which speaks volumes about this shoe.
- Many customers have a lot of good things to say about this shoe. Even when it is worn for extended periods of time, it does not create any fatigue or stress on the foot.
- A great slip-on shoe which finds favor with many customers as the most comfortable dress shoe for work.
- A perfect combination of comfort and style, this shoe is made from pure leather.
- It comes with elastic goring panels which make it easy to remove it without damaging the shoe.
- Very ergonomically shaped, it continues to remain in shape even after prolonged use.
- The shoe automatically adjusts to the foot shape.
- The extra space in the toe area makes it very comfortable even after prolonged use; a feature which many customers seemed to like a lot.
- It helps to keep the big toe in place and does not put any strain on it.
- A sophisticated and comfortable leather oxford shoe with a bicycle toe and durable outsole.
- Synthetic sole.
- Casual look which also is very suitable for formal wears.
- Truly a perfect shoe for the modern man with a bit of convention attached to him.
- Very lightweight and extremely comfortable when worn for long periods of time.
- Has a high 5-star rating which is proof enough of customer acceptance.
- Many customers use this shoe for walks with their family after work and still have no reasons to complain about its comfort.
- Not very expensive and, therefore, can be bought by a larger segment of customers.
- A stylish and comfortable dress slip-on loafer from Timberland a leading brand in work and dress shoes.
- Could be termed as a very comfortable and stylish slip-on shoe.
- Uppers are of genuine grain super quality leather which is very supple and extremely comfortable on the leg.
- Also, comes with a contoured footbed that is made from foam making it possible to wear the shoe for extended periods of time.
- Coming from the house of Timberland world leaders in quality shoes, it well and truly leaves its mark behind.
- It is a hallmark shoe regarding quality, durability, style and contemporary design and also being classy.
- Customers like it because they can wear it for over 12 hours without any discomfort.
- Cole Haan with its 80 years experiences, brought out a master slip-in the shoe.
- The leather upper is from real and high-quality leather.
- The shoe is designed in such a way that it accommodates the feet very well and improves breathability, even when worn for an extended period.
- Elastic inserts make it easy to slip in the shoe without much difficulty.
- Has almost 77% customers giving it a thumbs up with a rating of 4 and above.
- Customers are happy about the shoe inner, uppers and the soles and also the finish and stitching.
- For the most luxurious comfort and support particularly if you suffer from a condition that affects your feet the Orthofeet 420 is a therapeutic dress shoe for everyday wear.
- Comfortable leather uppers with a non-binding design and smooth fabric lining that protects sensitive feet.
- A lightweight cushioned insole with Ergonomic-Stride technology aids in alleviating stress on the joints.
- The Orthotic insole with anatomical arch support and Gel padded heel absorbs shock and provides pain-relieving support.
- Engineered to relieve foot pain and aid in the healing process of many foot conditions.
- For out of this world comfort you can never go wrong with a Hush Puppy.
- The Hush Puppies Lunar 2 Loafer is a smart casual slip-on loafer for every occasion.
- Soft and supple pebbled leather uppers with dual goring inserts and a padded collar.
- A moisture-wicking lining to keep your feet dry and fresh.
- The removable contoured EVA insole ensures superior comfort and support for all-day wear.
- A slight heel for a more classy appearance and better stability.
- An Imported Leather Classic Dress Shoe with Synthetic Sole.
- Constructed on the comfortable, iconic, Dr. Martens Air-Cushioned Sole.
- Good abrasion and slip resistance.
- Lined with the Dr. Martens SoftWair comfort sock liner.
- Retains classic Doc’s DNA, like grooved sides and midsole stitching.
- Made of Grizzly, a heavyweight leather with a subtle grained finish.
Comparison Table for Dress Shoes for Walking
|1||ECCO Men's Edinburg - Dress Shoes for Walking||ECCO||95|
|2||Bostonian Men's Bolton - Dress Slip On Shoes||Bostonian||96|
|3||Mephisto Men's Edlef - Comfortable Dress Shoes||Mephisto||95|
|4||Clarks Men's Tilden - Oxford Style Dress Shoe||Clarks||-|
|5||Timberland Men's Richmont - Loafers for Walking||Timberland||95|
|6||Cole Haan Men's Lenox Hill - Venetian Slip On Loafers||Cole Haan||94|
|7||Orthofeet Men's 420 - Therapeutic Dress Shoe||Orthofeet||98|
|8||Hush Puppies Men's Lunar 2 - Casual Loafer||Hush Puppies||96|
|9||Dr. Martens Men's Hazeldon - Casual Dress Loafer||Dr. Martens||96|
Table of Contents
- Dress Shoes and Your Feet
- Places You Use Dress Shoes
- Anatomy of a Quality Dress Shoe
- Characteristics of The Dress Shoe in General
- The Best Walking Dress Shoes Reviews
- ECCO Men's Edinburg Dress Shoes for Walking
- Bostonian Men's Bolton Dress Slip On Shoes
- Mephisto Men's Edlef Comfortable Dress Shoes
- Clarks Men's Tilden Oxford Style Dress Shoe
- Timberland Men's Richmont Loafers for Walking
- Cole Haan Men's Lenox Hill Venetian Slip On Loafers
- Orthofeet Men's 420 Therapeutic Dress Shoe
- Hush Puppies Men's Lunar 2 Casual Loafer
- Dr. Martens Men's Hazeldon Casual Dress Loafer
- Comparison Table for Dress Shoes for Walking