As a sixty-year-old male, you want more comfortable and accommodating walking shoes for your feet. However, you still want to look good in your walking shoes.
In this article, we researched some very comfortable and supportive walking shoes that are both ideal for aging feet and still quite fashionable and athletic.
The best walking shoes for 60-year-old men will offer much more than any regular shoe.
Why You Need Good Walking Shoes
Walking is an excellent exercise that is especially ideal for older men as it is low-impact and quite safe.
Walking allows you to enjoy the outdoors and fresh air while getting much needed exercise.
A good walking shoe will protect against punctures and impact while cushioning your feet and keeping them comfortable.
Most running shoes are also quite ideal for walking. However, a walking shoe should never be used for running.
What to Look for in a Walking Shoe for 60-year-Old Men
Here are a few tips to help you get a good walking shoe for older men;
- Fit – First and foremost, look for a walking shoe that will not slip, causing chafing, and not squeeze. The toe box needs to offer a roomy fit, while the heel should feel more secure.
- Proper Support and Cushioning – You want proper support and cushioning from a walking shoe. Such as light arch support or a more contoured footbed with lightweight cushioning and a firmer midsole for stability.
- Good Traction – The walking shoe for 60-year-old men needs reliable traction and grip on walking surfaces to help you keep your balance.
Features of a Good Walking Shoe for 60-Year-Old Men
- Uppers – Look for shoes with comfortable leather uppers, breathable mesh, or knit uppers lined with a padded collar.
- Comfort Features – Walking shoes must offer good arch support and cushioning to absorb impact.
- Outsole – The outsole should be reliable and durable offering good grip. Rubber is your best option.
- Fit – Make sure you get a good fit; most models I have chosen are available in wider widths and extended sizes.
Reviews: The Best Walking Shoes for 60-Year-Old Men
These are some of the most sought-after walking shoes that are ideal for men aged around 60 years;
- The New Balance Fresh Foam 680V7 is the latest in this model and one of the most comfortable shoes for 60-year-old men.
- Ideal for walking and running with breathable and flexible mesh uppers and wider widths options.
- There is a Molded Comfort insole and a Fresh Foam midsole for softer cushioning.
- The outsole is a durable and high-traction rubber.
- There are many colors and styles available from which you can choose.
- The Nike Sneaker has an elegant and fashionable design that will make you feel young again, plus many colors are available.
- It has breathable mesh uppers and a flexible fit.
- It is comfortable cushioning and has good support.
- The outsole is a durable rubber.
- Struggling with back problems or having difficulty tying laces.
- The Vionic Walk Albert has quick and easy Velcro closures rather than laces.
- It is a leather walking shoe for sixty-year-old men.
- They have a comfortable Three Zone Cushioning system and Vio Motion support features, with a podiatrist design footbed.
- The shoe is available in wider widths and more neutral color options.
- The Vionic classic walker is one of a kind.
- It is a leather and synthetic walking shoe with a smooth lining and a durable rubber sole.
- The shoe accommodates foot conditions with extra depth, widths, and removable layers.
- There is plenty of cushioning and support with arch support and a heel cup.
- A few more neutral colors are likewise available.
- I recommend the Clarks Bradley sneaker for 60-year-old men for light walking and a more casual everyday style.
- It has soft, lightweight canvas uppers, ideal for summer, and a comfortable padded collar.
- There is an Ortholite footbed and arch support, with a shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
- The synthetic sole offers good grip and stability.
- The shoe is easy to slip on, so there are no worries with bending or tying laces.
- The Propet LifeWalker is a comfortable and elegant-looking shoe for men over 60.
- It can be worn for any occasion and is so comfortable to walk in.
- The shoe has leather uppers with a Velcro Closure.
- There is an EVA midsole and removable cushioned orthotic insole.
- The sole has a light rocker profile for stability.
- The fit is roomy and accommodating for foot conditions and additional orthotics.
- The New Balance 813 V1 is a hook-and-loop Velcro closure walking shoe, making it easier for men over sixty to tie it.
- It is available in neutral colors and wider widths.
- The uppers are leather, and the sole is a durable rubber,
- There is a removable Cardio Comfort cushioned footbed and a smooth fabric lining.
- The rollbar technology reduces rear-foot movement and is ideal if you overpronate or have issues with balance.
- The Nike Tanjun sneaker is comfortable for everyday walking.
- It is the perfect walking shoe for 60-year-old men.
- The uppers are mesh and synthetic, with a breathable and flexible fit.
- There is an injected unit sole with lightweight cushioning and a durable outsole and midsole.
- The sneaker is available in more color options.
- The New Balance 577 V1 is a hook-and-loop Velcro closure walking shoe for sixty-year-old men.
- It has leather uppers, two Velcro hooks, and loop closure straps.
- There is comfortable ABZORB cushioning and a PU midsole for more stability and support.
- The shoe is Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500 rated, so it should be eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
- It is only available in neutral colors, however.
Index Table: Top Rated Walking Shoes for 60-Year-Old Men
|1||New Balance Men's 680V7 - Walking Shoes for 60 Year Old Men||New Balance||98.5|
|2||Nike Men's Free RN - Walking Shoe for Older Men||Nike||97.9|
|3||Vionic Men's Albert Walking - Walking Shoe||Vionic||97|
|4||Vionic Men's Walker Classic - Walking Shoes for Older Men||Vionic||97|
|5||Clarks Men's Bradley Easy - 60 Year Old Men Walking Shoe||Clarks||97.2|
|6||Propet Men's LifeWalker - Walking Shoes for Older men||Propet||-|
|7||New Balance Men's 813V1 - Walking Shoe||New Balance||98|
|8||Nike Men's Tanjun - Walking Shoe for 60 year Old Men||Nike||96|
|9||New Balance Men's 577V1 - Velcro Walking Shoes||New Balance||97|
Table of Contents
- Why You Need Good Walking Shoes
- What to Look for in a Walking Shoe for 60-year-Old Men
- Features of a Good Walking Shoe for 60-Year-Old Men
- Reviews: The Best Walking Shoes for 60-Year-Old Men
- New Balance® Men's 680V7 Walking Shoes for 60 Year Old Men
- Nike® Men's Free RN Walking Shoe for Older Men
- Vionic® Men's Albert Walking Walking Shoe
- Vionic® Men's Walker Classic Walking Shoes for Older Men
- Clarks® Men's Bradley Easy 60 Year Old Men Walking Shoe
- Propet® Men's LifeWalker Walking Shoes for Older men
- New Balance® Men's 813V1 Walking Shoe
- Nike® Men's Tanjun Walking Shoe for 60 year Old Men
- New Balance® Men's 577V1 Velcro Walking Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Walking Shoes for 60-Year-Old Men