The Best Nike Walking Shoes for That “Walking on Air” Feeling – for walking activity, you need shoes that are built for walking and not just any shoes. Now the question comes, which one should you buy. Well, you can never go wrong with Nike walking shoe range or the Nike Running Shoe range as they are known for being a combination of style, comfort, and performance.
The Current Misconception on Walking Shoes
For your everyday activity, shoes are quite important and thus it is crucial that you have the right shoe for the right occasion.
Many people, still believe that for walking there is no need to buy a particular kind of shoe as at the end of the day all shoes are meant for walking. Well, it’s about time that you get rid of this ancient misconception.
Why Not Just Any Shoe
When you are planning to go for a walk or have plenty of errands to run you need a shoe that can provide support and allows your feet to breathe. Besides this, the shoe must be light in weight which will minimize stress and provide comfort. When buying a good shoe, you will come to terms like basketball shoes, cross-training shoes, and tennis shoes. These shoes are fantastic, but they do not have the features mentioned above that a good walking shoe must have. They are a bit on the heavy side as they have a thick sole to minimize the ground-to-foot impact. Besides, the cushioning in the heel in these types of shoes is also different from walking or running shoes as these shoes are typically not meant for even surfaces.
What to Look for in a Good Walking Shoe
When considering a walking shoe, you need to keep in mind your foot shape, arch type and level of pronation; these factors will make a difference in the type of walking shoe that you choose. A walking shoe for a particular foot type or pronation has certain characteristics or features to accommodate your foot’s unique shape or condition. Here are a few general features to consider in a good walking shoe;
- A heel collar that cushions the heel and ensures a proper fit.
- The uppers made of mesh and synthetic materials or leather. Lightweight, breathable and a proper fit.
- A cushioned and supportive insole.
- A Gel, Foam or Air Midsole that absorbs impact and stress.
- The outsole must make contact with the ground and have groves and treads to enhance traction and grip.
- A roomy toe box that will not put pressure on your toes or forefoot.
The Best Nike Walking Shoes Reviews
Below are listed some of the best walking and running shoes that have features specifically for walking;
Lightweight Running & Walking Shoes
The Nike Free is a running shoe that can also be used for walking that provides superior support and flexibility.
- A very light shoe, with a total weight of 210 grams (0.46 pound)
- Although labeled for running, they are highly recommended for walking.
- Comes in sizes 6 to 15.
- Made from a highly breathable material combined with ventilation holes.
- Fits itself to the shape of the feet using Fly-wires technology.
- Featuring hexagonal flex grooves and a Free midsole, resulting in enhanced support and flexibility
Air Walking Technology Shoes
The Nike Air Max 95 is definitely one of the best Nike walking shoes which come in many different combinations of colorful designs.
- This shoe is a part of the Air Max 95 collection which happens to be a favorite of many people.
- The presence of synthetic and mesh give it a unique look and feel to it. But, the look is not the only thing which is great about this one-of-a-kind walking shoe.
- The sole made of rubber, and it makes it perfect for walking.
- Besides, because of the Air sole units, you as a wearer will get the advantage of protection and lightweight cushioning.
- Another plus point about this shoe is the rubber waffle outsole which is responsible for providing traction.
- This right walking shoe promises to be durable making it a good value for money.
Skate Walking Shoe
If you are looking for a Nike walking shoe which you can use for your everyday activity then, the Nike Stefan Janoski Skateboarding Shoe will be perfect for your busy feet.
- They are very stylish and go with any outfit, and at the same time, the many features make it one of the most comfortable shoes for walking.
- You even have the option to choose it in your favorite color as it comes in many different colors and patterns like the trendy metallic gold, classic white, unique squadron blue and other such fantastic options.
- Made from canvas making it a very durable shoe and has laces on the front.
- With this shoe, you are getting a molded sock liner with comes with Nike Zoom unit built-in in the heel.
- This shoe is known for providing the right cushioning needed for walking.
- The shoe has a perforation at the forefoot which provides ventilation which allows your feet to breathe.
- The Nike Hyperscreen and the rubber sole are there to ensure durability.
Basketball Style Walking Shoes
The Nike Air Jordan is a fantastic choice for a walking shoe that has a classic basketball style.
- First of all, you are getting a shoe made with a combination of synthetic and leather giving it a look of a basketball shoe yet having all the qualities of a walking shoe.
- The outsole is made of rubber which comes with forefoot flex grooves.
- The outsole will make the shoe durable and will provide comfort, flexibility, and traction.
- Your feet will get the right kind of cushioning thanks to the encapsulated Air-sole unit.
- Besides, this pair of Nike is known for being on the most stylish shoe and comes in many trendy color combinations.
Casual Walking Shoes
If you prefer walking rather than taking public transportation, then you currently wear a workout shoe with your everyday outfit. With Cortez from Nike, you can stay committed to your healthy lifestyle and be stylish at the same time.
Training and Walking Shoes
The Nike Free 5 is a training shoe that can also be used as a walking shoe.
- This shoe is known for its versatility. The look of this shoe is a classic, and so you can be sure of the fact that it will never go out of style.
- The all-leather upper portion of this shoe has a mesh collar which adds additional comfort.
- You will also notice that this shoe has a Quilted quarter panel that comes with stitching details.
- This feature not only gives off a relaxed vibe but it also provides support and durability.
- Speaking of strength: the shoe comes with solid rubber outsole.
- On the other hand, the midsole happens to be full-length Phylon, which comes with external and internal flex grooves.
Flexible Running and Walking Shoe
The Nike Flex is the latest design in flexible running shoes that can also be used as a walking shoe.
- Comfortable and breathable mesh uppers.
- The Flywire that is integrated into the mid-foot and lacing system delivers adjustable lockdown.
- A lightly padded tongue and collar ensure a snug and comfortable fit.
- A thin removable foam insole cushions and supports your feet.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures excellent traction.
- This shoe is available in a large range of colors to choose from.
Comfortable Walking Shoe
The Nike Air Airforce One and Monarch are classic looking walking shoes that are available in neutral colors to complement any outfit and suit any occasion.
- A durable and thick rubber outsole for good traction and added shock absorbency.
- The premium leather uppers are durable, comfortable and breathable.
- The Air-Sole unit in the Nike Air range provides added shock absorption and a smoother ride.
- Available in different neutral colors.
Nike the Perfect Walking Shoe
So, there you have it, the best Nike walking shoes that are not only perfect for walking but they will definitely be stylish enough to make you stand out. You can see that each of the reviewed Nike shoes are different from one another. So choose the one suitable to your liking and specific requirements, and you will then truly have a walking shoe that is perfect for you.
Summary Table: Best Nike Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Nike® - Lightweight Running & Walking Shoes||Nike||96|
|2||Nike® - Air Walking Technology Shoes||Nike||94|
|3||Nike® - Skate Walking Shoe||Nike||95|
|4||Nike® - Basketball Style Walking Shoes||Nike||94|
|5||Nike® - Casual Walking Shoes||Nike||95|
|6||Nike® - Training and Walking Shoes||Nike||96|
|7||Nike® - Flexible Running and Walking Shoe||Nike||96|
|8||Nike® - Comfortable Walking Shoe||Nike||96|
Table of Contents
- The Current Misconception on Walking Shoes
- What to Look for in a Good Walking Shoe
- The Best Nike Walking Shoes Reviews
- Lightweight Running & Walking Shoes
- Air Walking Technology Shoes
- Skate Walking Shoe
- Basketball Style Walking Shoes
- Casual Walking Shoes
- Training and Walking Shoes
- Flexible Running and Walking Shoe
- Comfortable Walking Shoe
- Nike the Perfect Walking Shoe
- Summary Table: Best Nike Walking Shoes