Children enjoy running and playing more than most of us, and some may even choose running as a sport or practice from an early age.
Providing your child with the best running shoes is vital not only for comfort and performance but also for protecting and properly developing their growing and fragile feet.
Why Choose the Best Running Shoe for Your Child
Children from Toddlers to middle school and older will run, jump, climb and play and all that leads to serious wear and tear in their shes in the first place and may lead to injuries alike if they are wearing improper footwear.
Many parents hesitate to buy specific shoes for their children because of the high price tag for a shoe that their child may quickly outgrow; so the question here is: are these shoes really worth the investment? And the answer is definitely YES.
Even if your child does not run as a sport, a high-quality running shoe can provide much-needed comfort and support for daily play and activities and lasting much longer, and enduring more wear and tear.
The right running shoes also safeguard you, child, against injuries and ailments and accommodates the growth and development of little feet.
How to Choose the Right Running Shoes for Your Child
A good running shoe for your child needs to offer ample cushioning and shock absorbency for jumps and running and should have a secure fit that will not slip off, along with extreme durability.
- What Features to Consider – Firm Heel Support and a padded collar and tongue. A cushioned insole and midsole. A durable rubber outsole that offers excellent grip and durable and breathable upper materials. These are all great features to consider. Not forgetting arch support.
- Tips for Buying Their Running Shoes – Measure your child’s feet and find a shoe that is perfect in length and width, always leave at least a thumb tips space in front of the length. Make sure you fit the shoes with the socks that your child will be wearing and let them run, walk and jump in the shoes; also, feel where the longest toe is; it should not press right against the shoe’s front.
- What To Avoid – Never assume that a smaller shoe will stretch, and do not buy shoes that are too big for them to grow into. There must be ample toe room so they can stretch out their toes, so always consider the widths. Your child’s heel should also be secure and not move around in the shoes.
Features of a Good Shoe for Kids
- Breathable and comfortable uppers with a snug fit, padded tongue, and collar.
- Secure closure for a customizable and secure fit, preferably Velcro, in younger children.
- A cushioned insole and midsole as well as arch support.
- Breathable materials and a moisture-wicking lining.
- A durable and protective rubber outsole with a lug tread for slip resistance and a reinforced rubber toe bumper.
Reviews: The Best Running Shoes for Kids
Look no further, as here we have the top brands and models in running shoes designed specifically to cater to the requirements and foot mechanics of children;;
Running Shoes for Kids
- The uppers consist of breathable suede and mesh, and you have many color options to choose from.
- The Abzorb midsole absorbs shock and provides much needed cushioning.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole ensures long-lasting stability and slips resistance.
Children’s Running Shoes
- There are breathable synthetic uppers with seamless construction that will not cause any friction.
- Inside is temperature regulation and moisture managing removable sock liner.
- The Trusstic System reduces the sole’s weight, and there is rearfoot Gel cushioning to attenuate shock.
- A durable rubber outsole offers ample grip and traction on a variety of surfaces.
Running Shoes for Toddlers
- The uppers consist of leather and breathable textiles materials and Velcro closure for a secure and easy fit.
- Inside is an antimicrobial lining to keep germs and odors at bay.
- The EVA midsole ensures lightweight cushioning and shock absorbency.
- There is also a Non-Marking TRiFlex outsole with rubberized lugs on high impact areas for better grip and durability.
Toddler’s and Small Kid’s’s Running Shoes
- Synthetic leather uppers are constructed to be lightweight and breathable with a Velcro and lace-up closure system for a custom fit.
- Casual sneaker style and design with a reinforced rubber toe.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole that is lightweight and flexible.
Running Shoes for Kids
- Durable and breathable synthetic and textile upper with a lace-up and Velcro closure for an easy and customized fit.
- Lightweight cushioning with the EVA midsole and a non-marking TriFlex rubber outsole with lugs for durability and traction.
- Inside is an antimicrobial lining to prevent bacteria and odors.
- Available in many colors to choose from for boys and girls.
Running Shoes for Kids
- Breathable and lightweight mesh uppers with synthetic overlays for structural integrity.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning for shock attenuation and a padded tongue and collar for a comfortable fit.
- The rubber outsole has a trail-specific design for outdoor running and exploring.
- Available in a few color options and sizes for older kids.
Running Shoe for Kids
- The uppers are durable and genuine leather.
- The shoes have a modern construction and comfortable fit.
- There are an ABZORB midsole and good underfoot cushioning.
- Designed for support and durability for kids.
Shoe for Running Kids
- The uppers are synthetic leather and other materials.
- The shoe has a durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- Inside is cushioning and a supportive midsole.
- There are colors available for boys and girls.
Kids Shoe for Running
- The uppers are synthetic with mesh for breathability.
- There is a Fresh Foam ultra-cushioned midsole and insole.
- The outsole is a durable rubber.
- More colors are likewise available.
Kids Running Shoe
- The uppers are soft and breathable fabric.
- There are two solid color options available.
- Inside is a cushioning insole and midsole.
- The shoe provides a comfortable, supportive feel.
- The rubber outsole ensures good grip and traction.
Index Table: Top Rated Running Shoes for Kids
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Running Shoes for Kids||KJ888||KJ888||New Balance||96|
|2||Asics® - Children’s Running Shoes||Gel-Noosa TR 10||Gel-Noosa TR 11||Asics||98|
|3||Saucony® - Running Shoes for Toddlers||Baby Ride||Baby Ride||Saucony||97|
|4||Nike® - Toddler’s and Small Kid’s’s Running Shoes||Flex||Flex||Nike||97|
|5||Saucony® - Running Shoes for Kids||Ride 10||Ride 10||Saucony||95|
|6||Asics® - Running Shoes for Kids||Gel Venture 7||Gel Venture 7||Asics||98|
|7||New Balance® - Running Shoe for Kids||680V6||680V6||New Balance||96.9|
|8||Adidas® - Shoe for Running Kids||Duramo||Duramo||Adidas||97|
|9||New Balance® - Kids Shoe for Running||Arishi V2||Arishi V2||New Balance||97.3|
|10||Adidas® - Kids Running Shoe||Supernova||Supernova||Adidas||97.7|
Table of Contents
- Why Choose the Best Running Shoe for Your Child
- How to Choose the Right Running Shoes for Your Child
- Features of a Good Shoe for Kids
- Reviews: The Best Running Shoes for Kids
- Index Table: Top Rated Running Shoes for Kids