There’s that expression: being light on your feet that denotes grace and agility in movement, and indeed, most people would agree that being weighed down by one’s shoes is never a happy experience.
Moreover, too heavy shoes won’t let you walk far, and may harm your health. Most people who like walking, prefer to go for shoes that are light yet sturdy and comfortable.
Fortunately, shoe-making technology has come a long way, and some brands of shoes offer excellent options, in so far as lightweight walking shoes for men and women are concerned:
Comparison Table of Lightweight Shoes
|1||New Balance 10V4 Lightweight Trail Walking Shoes||New Balance||-REVlite midsole|
-Vibram traction outsole
|2||Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit Lightweight Walking Shoes:||Nike||-Flywire cables for lightweight support||92|
|3||New Balance 1080 V6 Lightweight Shoes for High Arches||New Balance||-N2 nitrogen-infused heel for reduced midsole weight||93|
|4||Rockport – Casual Lightweight Sneakers||Rockport||-Concealed adidas adiPRENE cushioning||93|
|5||Merrell Moab Ventilator – Lightweight Hiking Shoes||Merrell||-Air Cushion midsole and Vibram outsole||92|
|6||Converse UNISEX Chuck Taylor Classic Lightweight Walking Sneaker:||Converse||-Canvas upper with lightweight rubber sole||94|
|7||Mephisto Lightweight Casual Wear Walking Shoe||Mephisto||-Soft air footbed||95|
|8||Vivo Barefoot – Light Walking Shoes||VivoBarefoot||-Barefoot design||94|
|9||OluKai Nohea – Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes||OluKai||-Contoured footbed|
Different Types of Light Walking Shoes
Shoes are designed for a broad range of legs based on arch form and pronation. This list will give you some options depending on the type and anatomy of your sole, so you can choose the very best lightweight walking shoes for flat legs and the very best for high arches or normal arches. You will also find some great selections of Stability shoes or Motion Control shoes depending on the type of pronation you may have, either overpronation or underpronation.
Brands of Lightweight Shoes
Below you will find a listing of the best lightweight walking shoes. A few of the finest brands are Asics, Nike, Rockport, Merrell, Converse, Mephisto, VivoBarefoot, OluKai and New Balance. These brands specialize and are categorized by the particular base type of light shoes they design. The shoe recommendations given below were obtained from an extensive variety of brands, so you can choose your favorite ones easily.
Tip for Finding the Best Shoes when Shopping
Visit a shoe store that and speak with a knowledgeable staff member who will analyze the type of your legs and make suggestions on the very best women’s walking shoes that especially for you.
You may even bring in your current walking shoes as the wear and tear pattern on the soles might help determine what type of shoe you may need.
Buy your footwear from a store that permits you to exchange or return your shoes inside the first 30 to sixty days.
A pair that feels wonderful on your legs in the store might give you trouble when you start walking in your every day’s surroundings.
The Top of the Most Popular Lightweight Shoes
Here’s our choice of the best lighweight shoes;
1. New Balance 10V4 Lightweight Trail Walking Shoes
- The New Balance 10V4 Men version weighs 215 grams (0.47 pound), and the Women’s version weighs only 168 grams (0.37 pound)
- This brand has quite a formidable reputation vis-à-vis their walking shoes.
- Comfort is an integral part of the design of any New Balance walking shoe.
- The manufacturers take great care to use light but sturdy materials to make their product very comfortable indeed.
- In keeping with their objective of providing comfort and ease of wearing to the user, These lightweight walking shoes are of the sneaker variety and offer features like interlocking Sure-Laces fastening of shoes.
- You can pick up a pair of these shoes online at reasonable price.
- Like many of New Balance shoes you can pick a wide toe box shoes in case you have a wide foot.
2. Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit Lightweight Walking Shoes
- The men version weight is only 214 grams(0.47 pound) and the weight of the women’s version is 178 grams(0.39 pound).
- A great light walkers shoes from an iconic brand.
- Extremely light and comfortable it provides great value for money.
- Available in a range of sizes: 6 to 15.
- The midsole encompasses hexagon flex grooves to allow a full range of motion.
- Heel to Toe offset: 6mm.
- Available in variety of colors as well as solid black and one shade of white.
- It is very highly regarded by most users for its light weight, comfort and great arch support. and it is in our top list of the best Nike walking shoes.
3. New Balance 1080 V6 Lightweight Shoes for High Arches
- The New Balance 1080 Men version weighs only 294 grams (0.64 pound), and the Women’s version weighs just 247 grams (0.54 pound)
- These shoes are absolutely perfect for those with high arch condition.
- They support the foot firmly, look great with jeans and a t-shirt and will last you for years.
- The toe box is very roomy, which let the toes carry more weight – a very helpful way to help easing the pain and weight from the heel for people who suffer and need a good shoe for Plantar Fasciitis support.
- We also picked this shoe to one of the best shoes for people who suffer from high arches.
- These Shoes have a skeletally engineered upper that provides ultra-light support and fit and are considered among the best lightweight walking shoes for men and women.
- It is created by fusing two extremely thin materials with a no-sew process.
4. Rockport – Casual Lightweight Sneakers
- A lightweight sneakers in the classic Oxford design and will go with most outfits.
- Its rubber outsole for a firm grip on all manner of surfaces, an EVA midsole for shock absorption for less foot and leg fatigue and incorporation of ADIPRENE technology by Adidas make it the ideal walking shoe.
- The fact that it has a supportive footbed enhances the comfort factor, and gives it a personalized fit.
- Most users find that it fits very well, like a glove, and is extremely comfortable to wear.
- It is worth every cent of its price.
5. Merrell Moab Ventilator – Lightweight Hiking Shoes
- Walking shoes by Merrell are quite the rage these days among serious walkers and hikers.
- The company has well perfected the art of combining stylish design with comfort.
- The fact that they have always specialized in making shoes for outdoor activity makes their shoes quite appealing.
- Most of those who have bought Merrell walking shoes have loved putting these shoes through their paces and found that these are not only light and durable but extremely comfortable.
- Priced quite reasonably considering all features in this hiking shoes for men and women.
- This is a pair of sneakers which defined the world’s sneaker design.
- This shoe is crafted using canvas which is extremely light material.
- The upper narrow ribbed fabric is weaved together, giving the shoe its signature striking look.
- The shoe is equally impressive in all its over 50 colors.
- You can expect this light sneakers to become quite a rage.
7. Mephisto Lightweight Casual Wear Walking Shoe
- This company claims that they make the “finest walking shoes”, and they don’t really exaggerate.
- Their range of walking shoes for example is quite exemplary.
- Hand-made and exquisitely designed a pair could set you back by its price.
- The Mephisto shoe brand is one of our choices for the best orthopedic shoes.
- These are of course well worth the money spent, as they denote class, sophistication and elegance, and above all great comfort.
- Needless to say these can be part of an exclusive wardrobe, given their styling and finish.
- This shoe is also featured as one of the Best Mephisto’s Walking Shoes.
8. Vivo Barefoot – Light Walking Shoes
- These are extremely light walking shoes by VivoBarefoot – as the name suggest, you walk lightly almost with no shoes on.
- They let your feet behave naturally with the perfect balance of fashion and function.
- These shoes have Zero-drop midsole design and an Anatomic toe box.
9. OluKai Nohea – Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes
- OluKai Nohea are stylish shoes for that perfect mix of function and fashion.
- Contoured footbed offers extraordinary cushioning, support and resilience.
- Sizing Tip: They run a bit large so you should choose a half size down.
- Made to be worn with or without socks.
- Versatile Drop-In Heel: Crafted with a drop in heel that folds down for extra comfort.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table of Lightweight Shoes
- Different Types of Light Walking Shoes
- Brands of Lightweight Shoes
- Tip for Finding the Best Shoes when Shopping
- The Top of the Most Popular Lightweight Shoes
- 1. New Balance 10V4 Lightweight Trail Walking Shoes
- 2. Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit Lightweight Walking Shoes
- 3. New Balance 1080 V6 Lightweight Shoes for High Arches
- 4. Rockport – Casual Lightweight Sneakers
- 5. Merrell Moab Ventilator – Lightweight Hiking Shoes
- 6. Converse UNISEX Chuck Taylor Classic Lightweight Walking Sneaker
- 7. Mephisto Lightweight Casual Wear Walking Shoe
- 8. Vivo Barefoot – Light Walking Shoes
- 9. OluKai Nohea – Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes