There’s that expression: being light on your feet that denotes grace and agility in movement, and indeed, most people would agree that being weighed down by one’s shoes is never a happy experience.
Moreover, too heavy shoes won’t let you walk far, and may harm your health. Most people who like walking, prefer to go for shoes that are light yet sturdy and comfortable.
Different Types of Light Walking Shoes
Shoes are designed for a broad range of legs based on arch form and pronation.
This list will give you some options depending on the type and anatomy of your sole so that you can choose the very best lightweight walking shoes for flat feet and the very best for high arches or normal arches.
You will also find some great selections of Stability shoes or Motion Control shoes depending on the type of pronation you may have, either overpronation or under pronation.
Brands of Lightweight Shoes
A few of the finest brands that make great lightweight walking shoes are Asics, Nike, Rockport, Merrell, Converse, Mephisto, VivoBarefoot, OluKai and New Balance.
These brands specialize and are categorized by the particular base type of light shoes they design.
The shoe recommendations given below were obtained from an extensive variety of brands so that you can choose your favorite ones easily.
Tip for Finding the Best Shoes when Shopping
Visit a shoe store that and speak with a knowledgeable staff member who will analyze the type of your legs and make suggestions on the very best women’s walking shoes that especially for you.
You may even bring in your current walking shoes as the wear and tear pattern on the soles might help determine what type of shoe you may need.
Buy your footwear from a store that permits you to exchange or return your shoes inside the first 30 to sixty days.
A pair that feels wonderful on your legs in the store might give you trouble when you start walking in your every day’s surroundings.
The Top of the Most Popular Lightweight Shoes
Here’s our choice of the best lighweight shoes;
Lightweight Trail Walking Shoes
The New Balance 10V4 Men version weighs 204 grams (0.45 pound), and the Women’s version weighs only 161 grams (0.35 pound)
- This brand has quite a formidable reputation vis-à-vis their walking shoes.
- Comfort is an integral part of the design of any New Balance walking shoe.
- The manufacturers take great care to use light but sturdy materials to make their product very comfortable indeed.
- In keeping with their objective of providing comfort and ease of wearing to the user, These lightweight walking shoes are of the sneaker variety and offer features like interlocking Sure-Laces fastening of shoes.
- You can pick up a pair of these shoes online at reasonable price.
- Like many of New Balance shoes you can pick a wide toe box shoes in case you have a wide foot.
Lightweight Running and Walking Shoes
The men version weight is only 214 grams(0.47 pound) and the weight of the women’s version is 178 grams(0.39 pound).
- A great light walkers shoes from an iconic brand.
- Extremely light and comfortable it provides excellent value for money.
- Available in a range of sizes: 6 to 15.
- The midsole encompasses hexagon flex grooves to allow a full range of motion.
- Heel to Toe Offset: 6mm.
- Available in a variety of colors as well as solid black and one shade of white.
- It is very highly regarded by most users for its light weight, comfort and great arch support. and it is in our top list of the best Nike walking shoes.
Lightweight Shoes for High Arches
The New Balance 1080 Men version weighs only 294 grams (0.64 pounds), and the Women’s version weighs just 247 grams (0.54 pound)
- These shoes are perfect for those with a high arch condition.
- They support the foot firmly, look great with jeans and a t-shirt and will last you for years.
- The toe box is spacious, which let the toes carry more weight – a very helpful way to help to ease the pain and weight from the heel for people who suffer and need a good shoe for Plantar Fasciitis support.
- We also picked this shoe to one of the best shoes for people who suffer from high arches.
- These Shoes have a skeletally engineered upper that provides ultra-light support and fit and are considered among the best lightweight walking shoes for men and women.
- It is created by fusing two extremely thin materials with a no-sew process.
Casual Lightweight Sneakers
A lightweight sneaker in the classic Oxford design and will go with most outfits.
- Its rubber outsole for a firm grip on all manner of surfaces, an EVA midsole for shock absorption for less foot and leg fatigue and incorporation of ADIPRENE technology by Adidas make it the ideal walking shoe.
- The fact that it has a supportive footbed enhances the comfort factor and gives it a personalized fit.
- Most users find that it fits very well, like a glove, and is extremely comfortable to wear.
- It is worth every cent of its price.
Lightweight Hiking Shoes
Walking shoes by Merrell are quite the rage these days among serious walkers and hikers.
- The company has well perfected the art of combining stylish design with comfort.
- The fact that they have always specialized in making shoes for outdoor activity makes their shoes quite appealing.
- Most of those who have bought Merrell walking shoes have loved putting these shoes through their paces and found that these are not only light and durable but extremely comfortable.
- Priced quite reasonably considering all features in this hiking shoes for men and women.
Classic Lightweight Walking Sneaker
This is a pair of sneakers which defined the world’s sneaker design.
- This shoe is crafted using canvas which is extremely light material.
- The upper narrow ribbed fabric is weaved together, giving the shoe its signature striking look.
- The shoe is equally impressive in all its over 50 colors.
- You can expect these light sneakers to become quite a rage.
Lightweight Casual Wear Walking Shoe
This company claims that they make the “finest walking shoes,” and they don’t exaggerate.
- Their range of walking shoes, for example, is quite exemplary.
- Hand-made and exquisitely designed a pair could set you back by its price.
- The Mephisto shoe brand is one of our choices for the best orthopedic shoes.
- These are of course well worth the money spent, as they denote class, sophistication and elegance, and above all great comfort.
- Needless to say, these can be part of a fashionable wardrobe, given their styling and finish.
Light Walking Shoes
These are extremely light walking shoes by VivoBarefoot – as the name suggests, you walk lightly almost with no shoes on.
- They let your feet behave naturally with the perfect balance of fashion and function.
- These shoes have Zero-drop midsole design and an Anatomic toe box.
- A barefoot minimalist feel.
- Durable and long lasting outsole.
Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes
OluKai Nohea is stylish shoes for that perfect mix of function and fashion.
- Contoured footbed offers extraordinary cushioning, support and resilience.
- Sizing Tip: They run a bit large, so you should choose a half size down.
- Made to be worn with or without socks.
- Versatile Drop-In Heel: Crafted with a drop in the heel that folds down for extra comfort.
Light Cross Training Shoe
The Reebok Crossfit Nano is an All-in-One Crossfit Training Shoe perfect for cardio and weightlifting workouts.
- A textile lining for breathability and RopePro protection wrap for durability and protection.
- The lace-up design provides a snug fit.
- A cushioned footbed for added comfort and shock absorption.
- The 4mm heel to toe drop improves stability.
- Forefoot and heel pods for cushioning and shock absorption.
- A durable outsole is providing superior grip and traction.
- Available in a vast range of colors.
As you can see from our selection, there are many great walking shoes that are not bulky or heavy that will keep your feet energized and provided lightweight comfort.
Each of these shoes has unique features making them more lightweight but also comfortable and supportive enough to walk with.
Comparison Table of Lightweight Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Lightweight Trail Walking Shoes||New Balance||94|
|2||Nike® - Lightweight Running and Walking Shoes||Nike||97|
|3||New Balance® - Lightweight Shoes for High Arches||New Balance||97|
|4||Rockport® - Casual Lightweight Sneakers||Rockport||96|
|5||Merrell® - Lightweight Hiking Shoes||Merrell||95|
|6||Converse® - Classic Lightweight Walking Sneaker||Converse||97|
|7||Mephisto® - Lightweight Casual Wear Walking Shoe||Mephisto||95|
|8||VivoBarefoot® - Light Walking Shoes||VivoBarefoot||97|
|9||OluKai® - Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes||OluKai||96|
|10||Reebok® - Light Cross Training Shoe||Reebok||98|
Table of Contents
- Different Types of Light Walking Shoes
- Brands of Lightweight Shoes
- Tip for Finding the Best Shoes when Shopping
- The Top of the Most Popular Lightweight Shoes
- Lightweight Trail Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Running and Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Shoes for High Arches
- Casual Lightweight Sneakers
- Lightweight Hiking Shoes
- Classic Lightweight Walking Sneaker
- Lightweight Casual Wear Walking Shoe
- Light Walking Shoes
- Lightweight Comfortable Slip On Shoes
- Light Cross Training Shoe
- In Conclusion
- Comparison Table of Lightweight Shoes