Crossfit refers to a type of training where you perform strength and conditioning workouts as well as cardio workouts that are consistent with high interval training. Multifunctional footwear that provides support for all these exercises is required to prevent injuries and enhance performance. Shoe manufacturers noticed the difference of cross training adoption and released in the past few years particular shoes for cross training – some of the best CrossFit shoes are covered in this article.
Comparison Table: Best Shoes for Crossfit Training
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Reebok® - All In One Crossfit Shoe||Reebok||98|
|2||Nike® - Minimalist Crossfit Trainer||Nike||94|
|3||New Balance® - Box Jumping and Weightlifting Cross Training Shoe||New Balance||93|
|4||Reebok® - Crossfit Weight Lifting Running Shoe||Reebok||96|
|5||Asics® - Asics Cross Training Shoes for CrossFit||Asics||95|
The Benefits of Cross Fit Training
- Crossfit training burns a very high number of calories in a short period and you will still be burning calories even afterward when you are resting.
- With Crossfit training your heart rate remains elevated throughout the entire workout which in turn increases your endurance and improves your cardio fitness and body composition.
- As a result of all the varied movements involved in a Crossfit workout you increase joint mobility and reduce your risk of injuries.
- Crossfit workouts are fun and definitely not boring you also have a chance to make friends with others who take part in Crossfit training.
Common Crossfit Training Foot Injuries
Here are a few of the most common Crossfit injuries;
- Achilles Tendonitis which is when the Achilles tendon becomes overused causing pain in the lower leg and heel area.
- Peroneal Tendonitis is inflammation of the Peroneal Tendons which are on the outside of your ankle which results in swelling and pain.
- Metatarsal Stress fractures are hairline breaks in the bone caused by repetitive stress.
- Acute Fractures is a break in the bone that occurs quickly where a non-acute fracture occurs over time.
- Plantar Fasciitis occurs when the plantar fascia or the ligament connecting your heel bone to your toes becomes weak, inflamed and swollen. This, in turn, weakens the arch of your foot which it supports.
What a Crossfit Shoe Should Offer
- A good Crossfit shoe particularly for heavyl weight lifting should have a greater heel to toe drop.
- If you are not going to do any heavy lifting then you could choose a shoe with a heel to toe drop that is close to zero.
- For a more stable foot you will nee a flexible shoe but if you have a short Achilles tendon you will need a stiff and stable shoe.
- For excessive pronation you will need extra arch support and cushioning in a shoe that will limit excessive pronation.
- A flexible weightlifting shoe will make the perfect Crossfit Training Shoe
There are basically three types of training shoes;
- Heavy Lifting Shoes.
- Jumping Shoes.
- Cardio or running shoes.
Charactaristics of a Crossfit Shoe
- A reinforced toe wrap for forefoot protection.
- Excellent shock absorption capabilities.
- A flexible, lightweight and breathable construction.
- Durable uppers and sole.
- A 4mm heel to toe drop.
- Stability and flexibility throughout the shoe.
Top Crossfit Training Shoes Reviews
Here are a few of the top choices of training shoes for all-around Crossfit training;
All In One Crossfit Shoe
The Reebok Crossfit Nano is an all in one Crossfit training shoe perfect for cardio and weight lifting workouts.
- A textile lining for breathability and RopePro protection wrap for durability and protection.
- The lace-up design provides a snug fit.
- A cushioned footbed for added comfort and shock absorption.
- The 4mm heel to toe drop improves stability.
- Forefoot and heel pods for cushioning and shock absorption.
- A durable outsole is providing superior grip and traction.
- Available in a vast range of colors.
Minimalist Crossfit Trainer
A lightweight and flexible training shoe, the Nike Free Trainer, is a minimalist training shoe for more natural movement.
- Mesh upper for breathability with added polyurethane support in the form of strand-like lines which increase and decrease with size over the shoe keeping the shoe flexible and supportive.
- The material protects against abrasion and also retains pliability for a second skin feel as it moves with the natural biomechanics of your foot.
- A Phylon midsole for lightweight and responsive cushioning.
- A 3 to 0 toe heel to toe drop and a low to the ground fit for a barefoot-like training experience.
- A durable outsole that provides excellent traction.
Box Jumping and Weightlifting Cross Training Shoe
The New Balance Minimus 20V3 is not strictly a weightlifting shoe it also provides cushioning and support during jumps and sprints and is lightweight and breathable enough to keep you cool and fast on your feet.
- Fabric and synthetic upper that are lightweight and breathable with a burrito tongue and asymmetrical collar with molded foam for a moe comfortable fit.
- A sturdy and durable Vibram outsole for excellent traction.
- A comfortable Revlite midsole for cushioned support.
- Odor resistant treated linen keeping your feet dry and fresh.
Crossfit Weight Lifting Running Shoe
The Reebok Lifter Plus 2.0 is a Crossfit shoe that is excellent for heavy weight lifting, providing a stable platform and customized fit.
- Full Grain Leather uppers with a heat activated U-Form technology foot wrap that molds to your feet for a customized fit and no break in time.
- The two added strap closures lock down the feel, and the heel clips hold your foot in place.
- A durable rubber outsole with flex grooves for better movement and excellent traction.
- An anti-friction lining to keep your feet blisters free.
- A large color variety available.
Asics Cross Training Shoes for CrossFit
The Asics Gel Met-Conviction and Sana 2 combines top of the line cross training technology with a comfortable fit and exceptional support system which is perfect for Cardio Vascular Training.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers with synthetic overlays for comfort and support.
- A padded tongue and collar for a more comfortable fit.
- The Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel cushioning systems absorb shock and cushions the feet.
- A hidden Trusstic system provides excellent stability.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures the best grip and traction.
Cross Trainers the Versatile Choice
Cross Trainers are not only perfect for Crossfit training but also for any exercises that include activities such as aerobics, weight training or kickboxing which is usually done on hard floor surfaces. The selection of Cross Trainers that we have added for you features shoes with all the comfort and support features required for all of these exercises as well as Crossfit training workouts.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table: Best Shoes for Crossfit Training
- The Benefits of Cross Fit Training
- Common Crossfit Training Foot Injuries
- What a Crossfit Shoe Should Offer
- Charactaristics of a Crossfit Shoe
- Top Crossfit Training Shoes Reviews
- All In One Crossfit Shoe
- Minimalist Crossfit Trainer
- Box Jumping and Weightlifting Cross Training Shoe
- Crossfit Weight Lifting Running Shoe
- Asics Cross Training Shoes for CrossFit
- Cross Trainers the Versatile Choice