Basketball is a usually an indoor game that is played on a court between two teams of five players each that have to score a goal by throwing an inflated ball through a hoop at each end of the court, while the other team tries to stop them. Basketball is fun and fast-paced sport played by many professionally as well as casually for recreational purposes. Basketball is a country that has taken the world by storm and is also a game that is watched and enjoyed by many people today.
Comparison Table for the Best Basketball Shoes
|1||Nike Men's Air Jordan 1 - Best Ever Basketball Shoes||Nike||98|
|2||Fila Men's Slam 12C - Performance Shoes for Basketball||Fila||95|
|3||Adidas Men's Performance Crazy 8 - Basketball Sneakers||Adidas||96|
|4||Jordan Men's CP3 VIII - Low Top Shoes for Basketball||Jordan||96|
|5||Nike Men's Air Visi Pro VI - Supportive Basketball Shoes||Nike||94|
|6||AND1 Men's Rocket 3.0 - Mid Basketball Shoes||AND1||90|
|7||Adidas Men's D Rose 773 IV - Best Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet||Adidas||96|
Risks Related to Playing Basketball
In the game of basketball, there is an immense amount of pressure and great risk of injury on your feet and ankles. Two very distinct types of injuries are acute injuries from a sudden forceful blow and chronic injuries which develop with time and can become highly aggravated at later stages.
The type of court that you play on also has a significant effect on your risk of injury; wooden courts offer more shock absorption whereas concrete and asphalt courts tend to be the most dangerous and harmful to your lower limbs.
Foot and ankle injuries usually occur from a jump or landing and twisting the foot or ankle with the fall. Ankle sprains, Torn ligaments, muscle pulls, tendon ruptures, and fractures are only a few of the many injuries related to playing the game of basketball. Chronic injuries can be reduced and prevented if the correct precautionary methods are followed. Warming up properly before a match, wearing undamaged shoes that fit well and give the proper support is one of the most important preventive practices.
Features of a Good Basketball Shoe
- Cushioning – The best basketball shoes are those who are exceptionally well cushioned.
- Ankle Support – They should be stiff enough to offer proper ankle support.
- Comfort – A comfortable, lightweight and breathable shoe that fits snugly without being too tight should aid in your performance and keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- Lacing – The closure system of a basketball shoe is critical because you do not want zips or laces that loosen while you are playing, so make sure that you have a highly secure closure system.
- Avoid – Velcro closures as they tend to loosen while you are playing.
- Oustsoles – Make sure that the outsoles are durable and offer you excellent traction on the floor surface that you are going to be practicing on.
- Quality – Whether your are playing professionally or only practicing it is well advised to invest in a good quality pair of Basketball shoes that are suitable for your foot type and that fit you perfectly.
Reviews on the Best Shoes for Basketball
Without further a due here are some of our latest picks for the highest rated and most reviewed basketball shoes for today;
- Air Jordan series, including Air Jordan I, has the complete class of features, support, and innovation that any basketball player needs.
- The shoe, even though offered great comfort and functionality, it defied the convention.
- Michael Jordan had to pay a penalty of $5,000 every time he wore the shoe on court.
- The penalty did not stop him and instead gave a boost to Nike’s marketing policies, where the shoe was soon given a rebellious image.
- Synthetic leather uppers that give lateral support and a heel counter for improved comfort and stability.
- An Ethylene Vinyl Acetate midsole that gives you a consistently cushioned feel.
- The outsole is made from non-marking rubber and ensures exceptional traction and durability.
- Available in three color variations.
- A classic and old school solid color design.
- A durable and lightweight synthetic mix upper.
- A comfortable textile inner lining.
- A Torsion system for better midfoot integrity and stability.
- The Puremotion midsole responds to every impact and mimics natural balance efficiency and enables rapid response.
- Tongue and heel pull tabs for easy on and off.
- A non-marking rubber Outsole for excellent traction.
- Colorful and fashionable designs that will suit every preference and make you stand out on the court.
- Available in a vast color variety.
- Leather and mesh uppers for improved ventilation to keep your feet dry and fresh.
- A flight web system to improve performance.
- A durable plastic frame on the lateral side for better support.
- The Lunarlon foam gives you a soft and springy cushioned feeling.
- The rubber outsole offers excellent grip and traction.
- Synthetic and leather uppers for breathability and comfort.
- A durable rubber outsole with Herringbone patterns for traction and grip to reduce slip risks.
- The visible air unit in the heel gives you high impact cushioning when you come down with the rebounds.
- A collar design upper for a better fit.
- A durable and comfortable design.
- The sleek and trendy appearance will give you confidence on the court.
- Available in a variety of colors and designs.
- A padded collar and tongue for a cushioned fit.
- The high-quality sock liner adds extra cushioning for all day comfort.
- A traditional lacing closure with a mesh-lined tongue for lightweight support and improved breathability.
- A Quarter panel molding and a patent leather detailed toe box.
- Durable and comfortable Overrated construction.
- The footbed aids as a padded insole and midsole that absorbs shock.
- A molded rubber outsole with herringbone patterns for excellent grip
- This basketball shoe by Adidas is the best choice for those who are flat footed.
- It is also great for plantar fasciitis which usually goes hand in hand with flat feet.
You are sure to give your best performance in style and comfort with one of our fantastic selections of basketball shoes. Whether you are playing seriously or for fun, each one of these shoes is worth a try.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Best Basketball Shoes
- Risks Related to Playing Basketball
- Features of a Good Basketball Shoe
- Reviews on the Best Shoes for Basketball
- Nike Men's Air Jordan 1 Best Ever Basketball Shoes
- Fila Men's Slam 12C Performance Shoes for Basketball
- Adidas Men's Performance Crazy 8 Basketball Sneakers
- Jordan Men's CP3 VIII Low Top Shoes for Basketball
- Nike Men's Air Visi Pro VI Supportive Basketball Shoes
- AND1 Men's Rocket 3.0 Mid Basketball Shoes
- Adidas Men's D Rose 773 IV Best Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet