Cross Training is suited for people who pursue fitness and perfect mind and body, as it is considered to be the best type of exercises which will promise a body that is incredibly fit, healthy and agile.
Cross training can provide a complete workout for all parts of the body.
It is therefore not very surprising when we see this method of training being used by many professional athletes and others who are extremely particular about their total fitness levels. This is why it is so important that you buy only the best cross training shoes that you feel comfortable with to achieve the maximum from your workout.
What is Cross training
As the name itself suggests, when we talk about cross training, we are referring to various exercises and disciplines of workouts. The primary objective is to offer the body a complete and totally varied workout which impacts almost each and every muscle and joints of the body. The biggest benefit of cross training is that your body does not become a slave to one particular group of exercises and workouts. Hence, your body could become versatile when it comes to choosing any fitness or workout regimen.
The Many Exercises and Workout of Cross Training
It would be pertinent to mention here that when we talk about this form of cross-training, we could include some exercises which are common to many of us.
It could include swimming, weight lifting, cycling, aerobics and other forms of exercises and workouts. One could also use a combination of cardio exercises which could include doing circuits in conjunction with running and cycling.
This type of training where combinations are used is becoming quite popular amongst fitness enthusiasts.
Cross training helps burn calories much faster than any other type exercise.
At the same time gives the right kind of exercise for the heart and cardiovascular system.
It provides pure oxygen to all parts of the body apart from toning and shaping muscle tissues.
It helps calcium deposits in the bones and could therefore also be good for the best of bone health.
It not only helps reach high levels of fitness but also helps a lot in keeping weight under check.
It is highly recommended for those who are looking for an efficient and safe way to lose weight within a short period.
When a person keeps doing the same exercise without bringing variety to it, it is quite possible that you may become effective in the exercises, but your body will find ways and means to burn fewer calories than before. Hence going in for such cross-training could serve the primary purpose of weight loss.
List of the Best Cross Training Shoes
Over the next few lines, we will try and have a look at the 12 best cross training shoes for men and women;
This is a cross training shoe from the house of Balance and comes packed with quite a few attractive features as follows.
- It is an imported shoe made from a combination of mesh and high-quality leather.
- The rubber soles are specially made to withstand rough usage in different weather conditions.
- It comes with a unique ROLLBAR technology which is developed by a stability trainer.
- It also features TPU support which is suitable for comfort against overpronation.
- The midsole is made from EVA Foam.
- The outsoles come with non-marking features.
- It is specially designed to offer the best possible comfort for those who suffer from bunions.
- On the whole, it has won many quality reviews from customers making it a good buy offering value for money.
One of the most comfortable and durable Cross training shoes with a shock-absorbing rubber sole and EVA midsole.
- It is made from leather and is a totally imported shoe.
- It is, however, made for local foot conditions and local uses.
- The rubber soles are made for extra grip and are tough and can absorb shocks and hard hits to the ground.
- Chafing is a major problem with cross training, and this can be avoided with this shoe.
- This is because it comes with a Phantom Liner which is seamless and is totally chaff proof.
- It also comes with a unique EVA midsole that is injection molded.
Minimus Cross-Training and Weightlifting Shoe
This is a breathable stability Cross training shoe with a Vibram outsole that is also perfect for weightlifting.
- Made from a high-quality synthetic upper, it is a completely imported shoe.
- However, it has been done to suit the particular needs of local users and to suit local climatic conditions.
- The soles are completely human-made. Therefore, one can be sure of 100% comfort and style. They are exquisitely designed to cater to the foot of our customers.
- The outsole is made from high quality and durable Vibram.
- The upper also has overlays which add stability to the shoe and also has a 4 mm drop.
This is a shoe from the house of ASICS, and, therefore, it evinces interest as one of the best cross trainer shoes for women and for men. Amongst the features the following are interesting.
- It is a fully imported shoe.
- Made from a high-quality mesh.
- The rubber soles are well known for their longevity and are designed to withstand a lot of stress and rough use.
- The upper is made from high-quality synthetic and mesh.
- The shoe is very light and weighs just around 12.2 oz. Hence, it does not put any strain on the feet when used for rigorous cross-training.
- The Asics Gel-Intensity 3 and Unifire TR3 comes with collar and padded tongue.
- The Unifire TR3 has rearfoot gel cushioning and a Fuzegel midsole for excellent cushioning and shock attenuation.
- Also has lace entry.
Comfortable Cross Training Shoe
This is another quality shoe from the house of ASICS. It has quite a few stunning cross-trainer features a few of which are being mentioned below.
- A fully imported shoe, it is made from the high-quality synthetic materials.
- The rubber soles are worth mentioning. Made from high-quality rubber, they are well known for their super grip even on highly slippery surfaces. Hence ideally suitable for cross training that is hard and demanding.
- The upper is made from synthetic mesh and is durable.
- This shoe comes with lace entry features.
- Also, has collar and padded tongue for comfort and safety
- Comes with quality mesh lining
- This shoe weighs approx 260 grams or 9.5 ounces. Very light and therefore extremely comfortable even when worn for an extended period.
Cushioned Cross Training Shoe
Very lightweight and yet durable and sturdy Cross Training Shoe for various types of cross training purposes.
- It is a made from a combination of textile and synthetic materials.
- It is a completed imported shoe
- It comes with quality rubber soles promising quality and ruggedness and durability.
- The midsole features unique DuoMax dual density function.
- Offers lace entry features
- The heel cushioning is made from GEL cushioning system.
- Also, comes with unique Trusstic System.
- The midsole also features unique SpEVA feature.
All Purpose Cross Trainers
This is also considered by many to be as one of the best cross training shoes for men and women.
- Comes in stunning colors and is from the house of Reebok.
- Fully important with quality rubber soles, this shoe offers full value for money.
- It is feature rich and comes with an anatomical design which is suitable for quick cuts and rapid lifting.
- The uppers offer quality protection and support and is made from quality Durable Kevlar technology.
- It also comes with contoured heel counter.
It is another great cross running shoe from Nike that has many exceptional features.
- It is made from a quality mesh material.
- The soles are also made from high-quality rubber
- It has a unique forefoot protection.
- It comes with unique Breathe Tech innovation which combines a lightweight shoe.
- It also has a sock liner that is removable and meshes lining
- It ensures the best of comfort and quality fit making it look great.
- This shoe has a lace up closure which keeps the shoe securely in place along with an appropriate lockdown.
- It also has a full-length midsole made from Phylite.
- The unique heel air unit in the Air One that is encapsulated helps in providing the best of cushioning for the underfoot.
Cross Training Shoes
Nike is a brand name that is well known for some of the best shoes in the market. This particular model of cross-training shoes is quite rich in various features.
- It is made from high-quality mesh
- The soles are made from high-quality rubber
- It comes with a padded tongue, collar, and lace-up front
- It also featured mesh mid-foot making it suitable for breathability and has perforations.
- Also comes with an outsole with flex grooves for promoting and aiding natural stride.
- It weighs around 3 pounds and, therefore, is very lightweight and offers total comfort combined with great looks.
This is another great looking shoe which comes with some of the best features including;
- Manufacturing with a combination of a mesh and synthetic materials.
- It is made from high-quality rubber sole which ensures stability, grip, and durability.
- The low profile midsole made from the unique Phylite material is long lasting and also doubles as an outsole.
- It also features a new Flywire technology. This helps to wrap the entire foot and keeps it firmly in place. It offers the best possible support and it makes it possible to go even through the most dynamic and toughest lateral movements.
- It also has a highly sophisticated anatomical heel which is rounded to make it roll to the ground thoroughly.
- The sock liner is molded and minimal. Hence, it can mimic the curve of the foot thereby offering the best of support at all points of time.
PUMA is a name that needs no introduction as far as quality shoes are concerned. In keeping with this tradition this particular model of the shoe also has quite a few interesting features. Some of them are as follows;
- It is a lightweight shoe and weight around 3 pounds.
- It is a completely imported shoe made from the best quality synthetic material.
- The rubber soles are also of high quality and are known for their durability and long life.
- The external heel cushioning provides the best possible support to the heel.
- It also comes with perforated side paneling and also has a unique t-toe overlay feature
- It is therefore considered as a quality athletic sneaker.
- Also, it comes with tongue and padded collar which is mesh lined.
Cross-Training and Running Shoes
A well-designed shoe made from fully synthetic materials.
- The rubber soles are of the best quality, and they go a long way in helping relieve the symptoms associated with Achilles tendonitis.
- It has the unique TPU shank that goes a long way in increasing stability and unwanted movement of the shoes while on the move.
- This shoe comes with great heel cushioning system which responds well to cross training type of leg movements.
- A traction outsole at this Puma shoe helps to stabilize and enable balance while working out.
Quality Cross Trainer
This is considered by many to be a quality shoe from the house of Inov-8. It is made from quality synthetic material and has other exciting features including;
- It is entirely imported and made to fit local feet conditions and requirements.
- The sole is completely humanmade and comes with standard fit characteristics.
- The shoe is famous for its ultra-lightweight uppers and also for its Meta-Flex multi-directions technology.
- It also comes with unique midfoot reinforcements which increase its life quite significantly.
- The shoe is also famous for its zero drop heel to toe differential, and the differential is 0 mm.
Choosing The Right Footwear for Cross Training
While there is no doubt that there are many benefits as far as cross training is concerned, there is one important fact which must be kept in mind. Any training puts a lot of pressure on the feet and; therefore, importance must be paid to choose the right kind of shoes. Since there are some options available, you must check the relevant sources of information and select the one which is comfortable and sturdy.
It is always better to go for branded shoes rather than opting for cheap unbranded cross-training shoes. The materials which go into the making of the shoes must always be kept in mind. Secondly, the style while being contemporary should not impact the comfort level in any way whatsoever. Particular attention must be paid to the inner sole, the uppers, and other such things. You must check at least two or three sizes and then decide the one which you feel is the most comfortable. You should never compromise on quality and settle for low priced shoes.
A Cross Training shoe is a multipurpose shoe that can be used for various training routines that include cardio exercises, running as well as weight training. All the listed shoes have unique features making them ideal as training shoes for Crossfit training purposes.
Comparison Table: Top Cross Training Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New Balance® - Cross-Training Shoe||New Balance||96|
|2||New Balance® - Cross-Training Shoe||New Balance||96|
|3||New Balance® - Minimus Cross-Training and Weightlifting Shoe||New Balance||95|
|4||ASICS® - Cross-Training Shoe||ASICS||94|
|5||ASICS® - Comfortable Cross Training Shoe||ASICS||95|
|6||ASICS® - Cushioned Cross Training Shoe||ASICS||96|
|7||Reebok® - All Purpose Cross Trainers||Reebok||93|
|8||Nike® - Cross Trainer||Nike||95|
|9||Nike® - Cross Training Shoes||Nike||94|
|10||Nike® - Mesh Cross-Trainers||Nike||96|
|11||Puma® - Cross-Training Shoe||Puma||94|
|12||Puma® - Cross-Training and Running Shoes||Puma||95|
|13||Inov-8® - Quality Cross Trainer||Inov-8||94|
Table of Contents
- What is Cross training
- The Many Exercises and Workout of Cross Training
- List of the Best Cross Training Shoes
- Cross-Training Shoe
- Cross-Training Shoe
- Minimus Cross-Training and Weightlifting Shoe
- Cross-Training Shoe
- Comfortable Cross Training Shoe
- Cushioned Cross Training Shoe
- All Purpose Cross Trainers
- Cross Trainer
- Cross Training Shoes
- Mesh Cross-Trainers
- Cross-Training Shoe
- Cross-Training and Running Shoes
- Quality Cross Trainer
- Choosing The Right Footwear for Cross Training
- To Conclude
- Comparison Table: Top Cross Training Shoes