The expected release date for the Saucony Hornet 2 is on August 20, 2023.
The Saucony Hornet 2 will have the following main updates:
- The Saucony Hornet 2 will be a comfortable daily wear sneaker with loads of personality.
- The style will be improved with new colors and designs that will be made available in this old-time favorite.
- It will be even more lightweight this time around, with stylish details and a timeless finish.
- The Interior will be comfortable and soft, with light cushioning.
- You will still be able to get the improved classic at a very affordable price.
Previous model of the Hornet:
The Saucony Hornet 1 release date was on August 19, 2021.
Latest Version of the Saucony Hornet*
- The MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for the Saucony Hornet 2 will be $80.
- The Saucony Hornet 2 will not have much of a price increase with the new model.
Arch Support and Pronation Control
- Overall, the Saucony Hornet will be a Minimalist shoe that will be suitable for neutral pronation.
- It will offer little stability or cushioning features.
- There will be light EVA padding, and the design will be quite flexible and lightweight.
- The Saucony Hornet will be a daily wear shoe for fashion.
- It will not be ideally suited for trails and uneven surfaces.
- The shoe will do well on most hard floor surfaces.
- You can style your new Saucony Hornet 2 models with your favorite fashionable outfits.
- It will be a fashionable minimalist sneaker for everyday wear that will be causal and very comfortable.
- As it will be a minimalist and regular wear shoe, it will be quite durable.
- However, for hard-wearing, running, or sports, this will not be a very durable shoe model.
Fit and Sizing
- The fit will be relaxed and improved to be more comfortable.
- It will have a medium fit with a roomy toe box.
- More sizes will be available. However, there may not be any width options.
- The Saucony Hornet will weigh 255 grams.
- The weight will be light and suitable for a minimalist shoe.
Elevation of the Saucony Hornet 2
- There will be a heel lift of around 16 mm.
- The heel will be ideal for a casual shoe.
Net heel lift: 16 mm. Thickness under the ball of foot: 7 mm.
- The Forefoot height will be around 9 mm.
- The forefoot will offer some flexibility.
- Overall there will be a 7 mm heel-to-toe drop.
- For a casual shoe, this will be quite ideal.
Components of the Saucony Hornet 2
- The Outsole of the Saucony Hornet 2 will be a durable high traction rubber.
- The patterns will be improved to be more lug for grip and style.
We’re throwing it back to 1975 when the Hornet made its original debut – a fly and fierce addition to the Saucony Originals range.
- The new Hornet will boast a durable and shock-absorbing EVA midsole and slightly padded insole.
- The cushioning will be firm and supportive, yet not heavy on your feet or too overwhelming.
- The Uppers will still consist of the soft suede material with mesh insets for breathability.
- There will be a synthetic leather logo, and the inspiration of the style will remain from 1975.
- You can expect quite a few new color ranges in the new Hornet model.
Saucony Hornet 2
Table of Contents