When you spend your days standing or walking on hard concrete, the impact and effect to your feet and lower limbs can be quite severe.
Therefore having the best shoes for standing or walking on concrete is absolutely vital.
How Hard Concrete Floors Affect your Feet
Concrete is a tough and unyielding surface to walk on, which can be uncomfortable and cause much pain after a while.
Walking on concrete for lengthy periods may result in some serious for issues, and can lead to injuries and chronic conditions that affect your feet, lower limbs, hips, and even your back.
Every time your foot strikes the ground on a hard concrete floor, there is and impact on your feet and knees this constant impact will lead yo cartilage damage, pain, and other issues in the future.
Hard concrete floors are very adverse for walking on and should not be taken lightly.
Finding the Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete
Depending on how much walking you do on concrete and how regularly, a good shoe can help to prevent opposing effects and injuries;
- Comfort – Walking on hard concrete floors is uncomfortable enough as is, therefore, you do not want a shoe that is also uncomfortable. A soft cushioned footbed, moisture-wicking lining, and comfortable fitting users should do the trick.
- Support and Shock Absorbency – Support in the arches and ankles help to create a proper posture for comfortable walking and protects your ankles against strains. EVA Foam or Gel padding in the heel and forefoot, as well as the midsole, absorbs shock on impact to reduce stress on your joints and feet.
- Slip Resistance – Some concrete floors may be quite slippery, especially when they get wet. Having a shoe with a rubber outsole with a high traction and grip tread will help to prevent slips.
- Durability – Concrete floors will take their toll on your shoes, especially on the soles. So make sure that you get a good quality shoe that will last you.
Features of a Good Shoe for Walking on Concrete
- Support – Good heel support and a hell cup, as well as proper arch support.
- Shock Absorbency – A shock-absorbing EVA or foam midsole, and Gel cushioning in the forefoot or heel, as well as a cushioned footbed.
- Comfortable Uppers – Breathable and comfortable fitting mesh, synthtetic or leather uppers.
- Outsole – A durable rubber outsole with a tread that I slip resistant and lug.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete
Listed Below are some of the best shoe choices for walking and standing on hard concrete floors;
Shoe for Walking on Concrete
- The uppers are lightweight and breathable with mesh and synthetic leather materials.
- There is also lightweight and responsive cushioning in the insole and an Ortholite sock liner.
- The Gel Contend features the GEL cushioning system that attenuates shock in the heel and ball of the foot area.
- The durable rubber outsole is ideal for hard concrete surfaces.
- You can also choose your favorite color design out of a large selection.
Walking on Concrete Dress Shoe
- The Stallion is a lace-up dress shoe and the Annie, a Mary Jane, styled dress shoe with a low heel.
- Both shoes can be worn for formal and casual occasions.
- There is a comfortable and removable cushioned insole with a supportive polyurethane layer and Gel pods in the forefoot and heel for shock absorbency.
- The toe box is roomy and protective and the uppers constructed from soft and durable leather,
- The durable leather outsole will last very long, even with walking on concrete floors.
Slip On Shoe for Walking on Concrete
- The upper consist of durable and comfortable leather with a breathable mesh lining and a slip-on design.
- A Nylon arch shank offers stability and arch support while the EVA comfort footbed absorbs shock.
- The shoe features a QForm Midosle which adapts to the shape of your feet.
- Lastly, we have a durable and high traction rubber outsole, which will also prevent slips.
Work Shoe for Walking on Concrete
- The Uppers consist of a soft and flexible mesh that keeps your feet well ventilated.
- There is a lightweight and flexible sole with a comfortable and conforming memory foam footbed.
- The durable rubber outsole is slip and oil resistant.
- The Squad is also an Electrical hazard safe and ideal as an industrial work shoe for women.
Walking on Concrete Athletic Shoe
- The Uppers are seamless and made from breathable mesh.
- Flytefoam propels technology provides better bounce back and cushioning.
- There is also a removable sock liner for more cushioning that is adaptable.
- The rubber outsole is durable and slips-resistant on concrete floors.
Hard Concrete Running Shoe
- There are breathable and lightweight mesh and synthetic uppers that are form-fitting.
- Dual layers of 3D compound cushioning offer excellent shock absorbency and cushioning.
- A durable and thick Carbon rubber outsole also absorbs shock and offers excellent traction with the adaptive lugs.
- You can choose between a few color options in this shoe model.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Walking on Concrete
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Asics® - Shoe for Walking on Concrete||Gel Contend 7||Gel Contend 7||Asics||98.5|
|2||Dr. Comfort® - Walking on Concrete Dress Shoe||Stallion||Annie||Dr. Comfort||97|
|3||Merrell® - Slip On Shoe for Walking on Concrete||Encore Gust||Encore Q2||Merrell||97|
|4||Skechers Flex Advantage® - Work Shoe for Walking on Concrete||Bendon||Squad||Skechers Flex Advantage||96.8|
|5||Asics® - Walking on Concrete Athletic Shoe||Gel Cumulus 23||Gel Cumulus 23||Asics||96|
|6||Reebok® - Hard Concrete Running Shoe||Print Run 3.0||Print Run 3.0||Reebok||98|
Table of Contents
- How Hard Concrete Floors Affect your Feet
- Finding the Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete
- Features of a Good Shoe for Walking on Concrete
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Walking on Concrete