Leather is a versatile and comfortable material that has the ability to mold and shape to the form of your feet, not to mention that it is very lightweight and breathable.
Walking shoes are there to provide comfort and protection when you walk, so why not opt for a leather walking shoe that is durable and offer the most comfortable and adaptable fit.
Why a Leather Walking Shoe
Walking shoes can be made from leather, suede or even fabric and mesh, used for the upper construction, each with their unique benefits. Although fabric and mesh shoes are more lightweight., leather seems to be much more conforming and durable in the long run
So let us look at some of the Pros and Cons of Leather Walking Shoes;
- Pros of Leather Walking Shoes – Leather walking shoes are much more durable and long lasting, and usually abrasion resistant. Leather also protects you much better against elements and are more likely t be waterresistant. Most leather walking shoes designed today offer a soft and daptable fit with technology to make them more breathable. Leather is also much easier to clean and maintain.
Cons of Leather Walking Shoes – As we have mentioned leather walking shoes may be a bit heavier than fabric or mesh walking shoes, and not as breathable, though with tehnology today that will soon come to an end. Leather walking shoes are going to be more expensive, that because leather is a much more durable and quality material in the long run.
Pros of Fabric and Textile Walking Shoes – Suede, mesh, or fabric walking shoes stand out because they are originally more breathable and lightweight and are much cheaper than leather walking shoes.
Cons of Fabric and Textile Walking Shoes – Non-Leather Walking shoes are much less durable and will need to be replaced much more often. They likewise offer little to no protection against the weather and other elements and dirt, wetness and debris will seep in through the fibers easily. These shoes are also much harder to clean and keep clean and will need reproofing if they were treated, often. –
Why Specifically a Walking Shoe
Walking and running are similar but also quite different when you come to think of it. Walking requires less cushioning and flexibility than running as there is much less impact and you are not in need of such a lightweight shoe.
Walking and running shoes have one main difference, and that is CUSHIONING. When you walk your heels contact the ground first for a heel to toe motion so your heels absorb the most shock, on the contrary with running you land flat on your feet so cushioning is required across the entire length of the foot and a thicker sole is necessary for shock absorbency.
Walking shoes need extra cushioning in the heel and do not need as much shock absorbency as running shoes in general.
All in all it is quite acceptable to WALK in a RUNNING shoe, though you should never try to RUN in a WALKING shoe!!!
How to Choose a Good Walking Shoe
here are few essential Factors to Consider in a Good Walking Shoe
- Stability – Your walking shoe should have a balanced and stable throughout the entire shoe when you walk. Firmer mid area and a secure heel will aid in stability. Stability walking shoes are likewise a good choice if you pronate excessively or have a lower arch type.
Flexibility – Flexibility is key particularly at the base of the toes, for smoother and easier motion and heel to toe conversion.
Comfort Features – These include a wide and roomy toe, a comfortable and snug fit, as well as cushioning and smooth moisture wicking interior linings that will not cause any friction and chafing.
Heel – A snug fitting and supportive heel counter will protect your hels and ankles against injury as well as provide stability and support. A padded or cushioned heel is ideal in a walking shoe as you mostly land on your heels when walking.
Midsole – This is the area between the tread and the uppers which are there for cushioning, flexibility and shock absorbency. A less thick midsole is required in a walking shoe, than a running shoe.
Insole – The insole or footbed is the long padded or lined piece of material inside the shoe that your feet rest on. This part is very important for your comfort for two reasons, it provides cushioning and it wicks away moisture to keep your feet dry and cool.
Tread – The tread on the outsole of a walking shoe has fewer patterns and is less lug in design to a running shoe, although it should still provide some grip and traction when walking.
Features of a Good Leather Walking Shoe
- Cushioned for comfort.
- Breathable and moisture-wicking interior linings.
- EVA midsole and shock-absorbing capabilities.
- High traction durable rubber outsole.
- Padded tongue and collar.
- Secure Lace-Up System.
- Perforations for breathability.
- Full grain or synthetic leather uppers.
- Color variation availability.
Reviews: The Best Leather Walking Shoes
Here are our top picks in leather walking shoes;
Breathable Leather Walking Shoes
Two ideal models from New Balance for men and women that offer comfort and support with every step that you take.
- Available in black or white solid color options.
- Mesh and padded tongue and collar for comfort and breathability.
- Synthetic and genuine leather uppers that are soft and comfortable.
- Soft and moisture wicking interior linings.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Stability Leather Walking Shoes
One of the top supportive and comfort walking shoes that should not be missed is, of course, the Addiction Walker from Brooks.
- Genuine smooth and supple leather uppers with perforation holes for ventilation and cooling.
- A lightweight and cushioned removable insole.
- Supportive BioMoGo DNA cushioned midsole technology, for underfoot soft support and cushioning.
- Excellent motion control and control of overpronation with the Diagonal Rollbar technology.
- Inside breathable mesh linings that are smooth and comfortable.
- A high traction rubber outsole.
- Available in either a black or white color variation.
Elegant Leather Walking Shoes
The Rockport World Tour and TS are two perfect leather shoe models from their range designed to provide you the best support and comfort for walking.
- Genuine leather uppers with a secure lace up system.
- A shock absorbing EVA midsole, and removable ,rubberized EVA footbed.
- Soft performance interior mesh linings and a plush Ortholite insole.
- The outsole is made from durable rubber and offers excellent traction.
Leather Walking Shoes
- Smooth leather uppers that are durable and lightweight.
- A high traction and durable rubber outsole made for walking.
- Secure lace up system for a snug and comfortable fit.
- There are perforations in the uppers side leather panels to improve breathability.
- A padded and comfortable heel counter.
- Smooth fabric interior linings that a soft and wick away moisture.
- Available in black or white leather options.
Leather Walking Loafers
These two comfortable loafers from Clarks offer cushion soft technology and an Ortholite footbed ideal for absorbing shock when you walk and providing comfort and support. A classic yet still stylish leather loafer shoe that is ideal for any occasion.
- Smooth 100% genuine leather uppers and an easy slip on and off loafer design.
- Inside is an Ortholite footbed and cushion soft technology insole, For comfort and support.
- There are a few neutral color options available in these two shoe models to choose from.
- The outsole is made from durable and high traction rubber.
Index Table: Top Rated Leather Walking Shoes
|No.||Shoe||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||New balance® - Breathable Leather Walking Shoes||New balance||97|
|2||Brooks® - Stability Leather Walking Shoes||Brooks||98|
|3||Rockport® - Elegant Leather Walking Shoes||Rockport||97|
|4||New Balance® - Leather Walking Shoes||New Balance||97|
|5||Clarks® - Leather Walking Loafers||Clarks||98|
Table of Contents
- Why a Leather Walking Shoe
- How to Choose a Good Walking Shoe
- Features of a Good Leather Walking Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Leather Walking Shoes
- Breathable Leather Walking Shoes
- Stability Leather Walking Shoes
- Elegant Leather Walking Shoes
- Leather Walking Shoes
- Leather Walking Loafers
- Index Table: Top Rated Leather Walking Shoes