Whether you are on a short walk in the rain or a long extended hike in the river bank, wearing the right waterproof walking shoes is always imperative. It should protect you from water in order keep the level of comfort while you walk. It can be uncomfortable and in some cases even dangerous if you are not wearing the right footwear.
Reading the walking track guide before going out for a walk or a trek is a right thing to do.
Also, remember to consider the following:
Decide the walking shoe based on the climate or the weather, which you may be expecting, the fit and the comfort of the shoe, whether the shoe is waterproof or just water resistant.
Decide the walking shoe based on the terrain on which you will be walking.
Keeping these factors in mind will enable you to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Always remember to choose the best waterproof walking shoes.
Who Needs a Waterproof Shoe
While out on a walk, keeping the feet dry is crucial. If your feet build up moisture, then blisters may form and cause a lot of discomforts. The first thing, which the Walker needs to determine, is whether the walk is expected to be wet or dry. If the trail is expected to be dry, then a lightweight, water resistant shoe will be sufficient. However, if the walk is supposed to be wet, then the shoe shout be waterproof. Buying a shoe with a breathable mesh is also very important as it allows the foot to breathe. A shoe needs to be able to prevent the buildup of sweat and indirectly prevent the cause of fungi and germs.
Features of a Good Waterproof Shoe
A hiking boot is ideal for the wetter conditions. Normally waterproof walking shoes have a built-in waterproof membrane, which enables the shoe to be waterproof until the feather line. The feather line is an imaginary line, which goes around the entirety of the shoes and measure approximately 20 mm above the sole of the shoe. This membrane is what gives it the waterproofing advantage over the suede shoes. However, it should be kept in mind that the waterproof shoes, as well as the suede shows, require regular reproofing. This can prolong the longevity of the shoes. Often dirt can enter the waterproof membrane of the shoe and cause the waterproofing abilities of the shoe to diminish. The shoe should be reproofed depending on the frequency of wearing the shoe.
Best Waterproof Shoes Reviews
These are the best waterproof walking shoes:
- Rockport was founded in 1971 and was amongst the first companies to provide athletic technology in everyday wear shoes.
- This particular pair of waterproof shoes is made from 100% genuine leather.
- The leather, which is used, makes the top part of the stylish shoe water resistant.
- The lace closure makes the waterproof shoe highly comfortable to wear due to the lace closure.
- The entire foot is cushioned well using the advanced Eva footbed technology.
- The adiprene technology, which is native to athletic brands, makes the cushioning on the heel delightful.
- The outsole can perform traction control due to the shock absorbing capabilities of the shoe.
- These shoes are beneficial to reduce the tension and stress in the feet.
- These nubuck waterproof shoes are ideal for the beaches, cities, mountains hikes, and trails.
- The smart leather shoes have a breathable membrane to prevent your for from sweating excessively.
- The leather shank in the shoe is ideal to perform midfoot support and give you a comfortable grip while hiking.
- The shoe is easy to reproof, using a reproofing spray which keeps the shoe waterproof all year around.
- The shoes ventilate very well and have received immensely positive customer reviews.
- The shoe tongue is properly sealed from the top and the sides so that the grime and the dirt do not get inside too easily.
- The steel toe shoes protect the toe area and add durability.
- The shoes have a sturdy rubber grip and do not slip at all.
- The extra width and the moisture absorbing mesh lining in the shoe makes the feet stay bone dry.
- The rubber outsole gives the wearer the maximum levels of traction possible.
- The graphite rollbar increases the stability of the rear foot ideally increasing the grip.
- The EVA midsole on the base of the pair makes walking an absolute pleasure without laying stress on the feet.
- The collar and the tongue are padded to provide overall protection from dust and sand.
- The Nubuck style leather uppers provide a stylish look and make the shoe ergonomic.
- The ABZORB sole gives the user a shock free stride every time.
- The middle cut collar offers excellent ankle support.
- The leather upper is very easy to clean and grainy in nature.
- The Adiprene technology developed by Adidas is used in the Rockport Mudguard shoes.
- The Adiprene technology gives a superior shoe heel cushioning and shock absorbing qualities.
- The EVA footbed effectively adapts to the shape of your foot and gives you a personalized comfort fit.
- The mudguard rubber outsole is ideal for all terrains and offers superior grip and traction control.
- The ETC lining prevents the accumulation of moisture.
- These shoes provide warmth in the winter.
- They can grip snowy surfaces, unlike any other shoes.
- The soles have an exceptionally good tread pattern reputation.
- These shoes are rugged, yet stylish.
- The oily leather waterproof textile pattern makes the shoe waterproof as advertised.
- The EVA midsole maintains a comfortable stride.
- The stability and flexibility of the Merrel Moab shoes are enhanced with the Vibram outsole.
- The memory foam footbed leaves the foot feeling snug and cozy. It contours according to the shape of your foot and gives ultimate comfort.
- The stitching on the shoe is highly neat and very durable; it does not come apart easily.
- The steel toe front prevents any pressure from falling on the toes.
- A classic designed shoe, crafted from highly polished leather.
- A waterproof construction in this shoe, repels water.
- The combination of the full grain leather upper with the rubber outsole makes this shoe a very comfortable oxford shoe.
- A New Balance’s patented ABZORB cushioning helps to use this shoe while standing all day at work.
- The Burlington comes in various widthes – up to 4E – which is usually hard to find in dress shoes.
- These shoes are also one of our choices for the best shoes for Arthritis.
Table of Contents
- Who Needs a Waterproof Shoe
- Features of a Good Waterproof Shoe
- Best Waterproof Shoes Reviews
- #1 Rockport Men’s Essentials Details Waterproof Dress Ankle Boots
- #2 KEEN Utility Men’s Tuscon Low PR Soft Toe Waterproof Work Shoes
- #3 Dunham By new Balance Men’s Cloud Mid-Cut Waterproof Walking Boots
- #4 The Rockport Men’s Rocsports Lite – Mudguard Waterproof Walking Shoes
- #5 Merrell Men’s Moab Rover – Waterproof Hiking Shoes
- #6 Dunham by New Balance Men’s Burlington Waterproof Oxford Dress Shoes
- ECCO Men's Cool Gore-Tex Walking Shoe